What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Carr to Miami for Ricky? (1 Viewer)

Houston Chronicle

I dunno if it's in there, but I heard Carr for Ricky and a 2nd rounder. If true, which I doubt, even though it makes some sense, it would open up a world of possibilities for the Texans and help out the Phins.

Last edited by a moderator:
Houston Chronicle

I dunno if it's in there, but I heard Carr for Ricky and a 2nd rounder. If true, which I doubt, even though it makes some sense, it would open up a world of possibilities for the Texans and help out the Phins.
How would it help the phins?

So, that would mean they pass on Bush and pick Leinart or Young? Interesting for sure.

If Miami is stupid enough to offer that kind of a deal for Carr - Houston would be nuts to turn it down!!! Add Ricky, Vince Young, extra 2nd for Carr and trade DD for 2nd or 3rd and add OL - nice rebuild. Doubt it though!

No way this happens, because it would likely mean that Reggie Bush would fall into the Saints laps.As a lifelong Saints fan, I can attest that they do not have this kind of luck.

If Miami is stupid enough to offer that kind of a deal for Carr - Houston would be nuts to turn it down!!! Add Ricky, Vince Young, extra 2nd for Carr and trade DD for 2nd or 3rd and add OL - nice rebuild.

Doubt it though!
Would be nice for sure. That's why I can't see it happening.

Houston Chronicle

I still don't get it. Unless the Texans are bluffing, I cannot comprehend why they would want Reggie Bush or Ricky Williams or ANY running back for that matter, after they've locked up Domanick Davis through 2009.Wanna trade Carr? You better get some O-line help in return, because no QB- Leinart, Young, or anyone- is safe with that miserable pass protection.

And Carr for Ricky PLUS a 2nd rounder? Isn't that an awful lot to give up?

-MR

I don't think it is a lot to give up for Miami. The Phins have R Brown and Ricky is one positive test away from a long suspension. Why not get rid of the risk and throw in a 2nd rounder for a starting QB. I remember a few months ago Ricky was not worth a thing in a trade. This would be a case of selling high.

Change it to a 4th rounder. 2nd rounder though? I wouldn't do it, and I doubt Saban would either.

Ricky is still a drug test away from a year suspension, and once he leaves the Dolphins, he doesn't have to worry about getting sued for his signing bonus, so he's still a flight risk. I think he's still a good player, and I think he will be good for a couple more years, but I wouldn't trade my franchise QB for him straight up. And for those saying Carr isn't good, I think the problem is that Carr has nothing around him except a decent, but unspectacular, Andre Johnson, and a good, but not great, Domanick Davis. I think what we saw in 2004 was Carr throwing to Andre Johnson while teams tried to stop Davis; in 2005, we saw teams stopping Andre Johnson knowing that Davis couldn't win games for them on their own. Miami would be a great fit for Carr. Chambers, Booker and the wife-beating McMichael are better targets than anything Houston has, and they have a defense that will keep him from needing to win games on his own. Miami needs a QB - Frerotte passed for just about 3000 yards and 18 TDs vs 13 INTs, but he turns 35 this year, has never thrown for 20 TDs, and has only once broken 3000 yards, and this seemed like an optimistic TD:INT ratio based on his career numbers. Carr is a veteran, has completed more than 60% of his passes with a 6:5 TD/INT ratio over the last two years, has reasonable mobility, and could step in and be successful right away, all of which would appeal to Saban, and trading Ricky for a franchise QB would endear him to a fan base that doesn't want to root for a player that quit on them. I actually question whether the Texans would want to do this. Why trade for a running back when they one and have so many other needs? I can understand taking Bush if you think he's the best player available, but why go out of your way to get Williams? I suppose they'd take a QB and have two second rounders with which to fill needs, but it still seems a little crazy to me. I think it's more likely this is just noise to scare Tennessee and the Jets.

If they lessened the second round pick this would be a great deal for the Phins. Carr is a quality qb.

No way this happens, because it would likely mean that Reggie Bush would fall into the Saints laps.

As a lifelong Saints fan, I can attest that they do not have this kind of luck.
:goodposting:

Realistically, what could Houston get for DD in return. This is a big year for free agent RB's as well as incoming rookies. This is where I see the deal falling apart.

Realistically, what could Houston get for DD in return. This is a big year for free agent RB's as well as incoming rookies. This is where I see the deal falling apart.
What'd be wrong with having them split the load to take pressure off a rookie qb?

No way this happens, because it would likely mean that Reggie Bush would fall into the Saints laps.

Would you really want/expect NO to draft Bush?

I think Carr to Dallas for a 1st rd pick would be a good fit. Bledsoe is not gonna win a championship. Cowboys get a QB, Texans get Young and use the Cowboys pick for an OL. Everyone is happy. Of course I hate Dallas so hope it does not happen

What'd be wrong with having them split the load to take pressure off a rookie qb?
Possible. I guess you would get rid of Morency/Wells. Is the contract DD signed until 2009 a featured back type deal? Would it be worth it to keep him as opposed to Morency/Wells?

Realistically, what could Houston get for DD in return.  This is a big year for free agent RB's as well as incoming rookies.  This is where I see the deal falling apart.
Possible. I guess you would get rid of Morency/Wells. Is the contract DD signed until 2009 a featured back type deal? Would it be worth it to keep him as opposed to Morency/Wells?
I don't know how much DD is going to make but Ricky is making the minimum.

Would you really want/expect NO to draft Bush?
If Bush fell into their laps I'd expect them to trade the pick, but I could live with having arguably the best college RB prospect in the last 10 years on my favorite team.

(1) Is Carr worth a 1 rounder at this point? (Im not sure)(2) Is Ricky worth a second rounder? No - I'm fairly sure of that. RBs just don't garner much via trade in today's NFL, and a RB that is still good, no longer great, with a thousand questions and the threat of bailing or testing positive at any point is worth no more than a 3, at most. (3) IF Ricky ends up in Texas, they would likely keep DD - DD has shown that he will wear down. He has every year already.That said, some fair deal swap to get Ricky, and then Jettison Carr would be wise - especially if that means the Texans can move down a few slots and still get young (don't know if that is possible or not this early in the game).

in before diesel says the cap hit would be too much!
IIRC, getting rid of Dom Davis would come out to about a $4M hit against the 2006 cap for the Texans.Not great, but not terrible either.

-MR

Pass on drafting a brand new ferrari (Young) for a vette that has been driven in a demo derby?Bad move by the 'Fins. Trade Ricky, but not for Carr... :X

Houston pays Carr $8mil, trades for Ricky who'll want a new deal, and then signs the #1 pick?No way they will shell out for Ricky's contract + Carrs bonus + the #1 picks contract.

When Bush is the biggest bust since Ki-jana Carter. That will fit right in with the Saints.

I love this time of year, pointless speculation. Carr isn't going anywhere unless the staff decides they want Young, but it won't be for Williams in any event.I like the Ricky for Daunte tak better ;)

Users who are viewing this thread