What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Get it On! Rookie Draft Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Sounds like EVERYBODY got who they wanted.I'm thinking the Vikes were on the phone trying to fleece Baltimore for that 3-spot move up, and ended up running out of time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ozzie is a genius.Still has all his picks, and gets a monster at DE.They are going back to 3-4 or they will tell Suggs to lose some weight and play as a LB as well.

Tice is talking ...
lies, I say.Money was a huge factor. With their owner trying to sell, they wanted to be on the hook for as small of a signing bonus as possible. I bet they were actually hoping that Baltimore got their card in also, making Williams a number 11 pick.

Just looking around the 'net and Rich Gosselin's has been incredibly accurate. He got every pick except for the New Orleans trade up and Truffant going to Seattle (had Marcus going to 'Zona so thats hard to knock him for).

No.If Baltimore was trading with Minn, it was to get Byron Leftwich. Which of course fell when the vikings passed.Still..... Losing out on Leftwich to nab Suggs isn't so bad of a deal.

lies, I say.Money was a huge factor. With their owner trying to sell, they wanted to be on the hook for as small of a signing bonus as possible. I bet they were actually hoping that Baltimore got their card in also, making Williams a number 11 pick.
How cheesey was that?

The Vikes got who they wanted if not the way the wanted it to happen...
So do they get to pay him less as a #9 draft pick than a #7?This has been a great draft so far...hope the Pats do not blow it!

Seattle really needs a DT though - thought they might take Kennedy, but Trufant was jsut too good to passup I guess!

Rams #12 pick - Jimmy Kennedy!1 Cincinnati CARSON PALMER 2 Detroit CHARLES ROGERS 3 Houston ANDRE JOHNSON 4 New York DEWAYNE ROBERTSON 5 Dallas TERENCE NEWMAN 6 New Orleans JOHNATHAN SULLIVAN (trade)7 Minnesota KEVIN WILLIAMS (actual #9)8 Jacksonville BYRON LEFTWICH (actual #7)9 Carolina JORDAN GROSS (actual #8)10 Baltimore TERRELL SUGGS11 Seattle MARCUS TRUFANT 12 St. Louis JIMMY KENNEDY

This might be a fun pick btw.Martz + Draft always = a good laugh!
LOLThey actually did something that made sense. I was hoping they'd take Ken Dorsey and convert him to TE.

I wonder if GRID would like the Bears to take Boss Bailey right about now? Would be a heck of a replacement for Rosevelt Colvin.

Now that I think about it..... the Jags must be very happy!Because of the Baltimore-Minnesota trade debauchle... Baltimore misses a shot to trade up to grab Leftwich and the Jag's grab him the second the Vikings miss out on it.And as a leftwich fan, I feel very comfortable rooting for him down there in Jaguar-land.F

Yeah kinda sucks that the Ravens are still left with mediocrity at QB and WR. Then again that didn't keep them from a championship already. Might not be THE best defense this y ear, but they will definitely be staunch.

LOL, how many people didn't realize that the blue and white game was on until Kennedy just mentioned it??I didn't. :bag:

God I really have no clue as to who my chargers are looking at. Joseph? Bailey? Palomalu? Ugh....Trade down get more picks...

Users who are viewing this thread