What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

17 round redraft league completed (1 Viewer)

I agree with everything but the RB analysis. I think youve got one of the weakest groups in the league, despite having SA. Lewis might barely be a top 20 back in this scoring system, I personally dont have him in my top 25. Deangelo will be worthless until Foster goes down, and I don't think you can count on injuries to anyone, even someone as brittle as Foster. And I dont think Mewelde even has a guaranteed #2 job over Fason.
I agree that I don't have a sure fire #3 RB, but I think that's true about many of the teams in this league. While Lewis is worth less than other #2 RBs because he rarely catches passes, I do think he is still a good TD threat. I am not claiming that my RB corps is strong, but looking over my draft, I don't see any great RB talents I should have drafted over guys like Moore or Lewis.
I dont disagree with that...at least in respect to Lewis; I suppose my criticism would be that Lewis and Moore are a #3/#4 in this format, not really a #2/#3. Lewis has never really been a TD threat. Hes scored over 7 TDs in only one season (14 in 2003). I don't see them giving Lewis the carries over Anderson. They signed Anderson to do something, and Anderson was magnificent in short yardage last season.
Sure. It's not that I think Lewis is a stud anymore. I just thought that given the uncertainty of all the RBs in that grouping, I thought that Jamal offered the most reliable #2 option.

I agree with everything but the RB analysis.  I think youve got one of the weakest groups in the league, despite having SA.  Lewis might barely be a top 20 back in this scoring system, I personally dont have him in my top 25.  Deangelo will be worthless until Foster goes down, and I don't think you can count on injuries to anyone, even someone as brittle as Foster.  And I dont think Mewelde even has a guaranteed #2 job over Fason. 
I agree that I don't have a sure fire #3 RB, but I think that's true about many of the teams in this league. While Lewis is worth less than other #2 RBs because he rarely catches passes, I do think he is still a good TD threat. I am not claiming that my RB corps is strong, but looking over my draft, I don't see any great RB talents I should have drafted over guys like Moore or Lewis.
I dont disagree with that...at least in respect to Lewis; I suppose my criticism would be that Lewis and Moore are a #3/#4 in this format, not really a #2/#3. Lewis has never really been a TD threat. Hes scored over 7 TDs in only one season (14 in 2003). I don't see them giving Lewis the carries over Anderson. They signed Anderson to do something, and Anderson was magnificent in short yardage last season.
I agree with this as well, however my reason for an A grade lies with the A++ RB1 back. Its hard not to get an A grade when you start out with one of those top 3. Any shortcomings in an RB2 are quickly made up for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cadillac Williams 1.12 Bye: 4

I really like Williams this year. I keep hearing about people who think he is overrated, but I've seen him go anywhere from 6th-10th in some survivor drafts, so I think he was a good pick at 12. He was a rookie last year and rookies always hit a wall and sometimes that includes getting banged up. Remember that he was also a rookie who didn't carry the load in college either. He's now had a full offseason to get healthy and really get himself in shape. I expect a great year.

Almost picked: R Johnson
I have Caddy on my Dynasty team. I don't get all the Caddy detractors. Yes, he had some injuries. Most RBs have injuries. Hell, even Ladanian has missed time over the last two years. I read on this board that Caddy's best games came against bad run defenses. You mean like Atlanta? Please. Good players feast on bad defenses. That will never change.
My concern isn't that his best games came against bad defenses. It's that his ONLY GOOD GAMES came against bad defenses. That goes and raises the Kevin Jones Red Flag .
Keyshawn (this "shaky #3") has never in his career caught fewer than 4.5 balls per game. The last time Carolina had two decent WRs (2003), the #2 guy caught 3.6 balls per game. I'm expecting no worse than 4 catches a game from Keyshawn, which means 64 catches. Throw in the yards and TDs and I think he's a solid enough WR2. Not a very sexy WR2, but I'm expecting very Eddie Kennison-like numbers from him this year (marginally fewer yards, marginally more TDs). Eric Moulds is another guy who hasn't caught fewer than ~4.2 balls per game since his sophomore season. Very solid, dependable production. Not very sexy, but very dependable. Also, I really like Bradford, as the #2 WR in a Mike Martz offense. I definitely think, if Davis stays healthy, that I can eke enough WR production out to win more than my fair share of games (aided by the fact that I'll be starting two top-8, possibly top-5 RBs).
I don't mean to pick on you, but I feel tempted to play the part of devil's advocate. You're right in noting that Keyshawn and Moulds have been productive throughout their careers, but these guys aren't 26 anymore. I like Keyshawn as a WR4 or WR5 in this format, but he hasn't had a 1,000 yard season since 2002 and I don't think there's any real reason to expect that to change. He'll probably give you decent numbers, but you'll be losing points at WR2 each week.

As for Moulds, you can't assume that his past averages will carry over. He used to be a #1 WR. Now he's probably the #2 WR behind Andre Johnson. The Texans should be improved, but will they be improved enough to make Moulds a 1,000 yard guy? I have my doubts. Again, he should be decent, but he's probably a below average WR3.

I also think you're overly-optimistic about Corey Bradford. He's been in the league for eight years and has a career high of 697 receiving yards. That was four years ago. Bradford has always been good for a big play here and there, but I definitely don't think it's safe to assume that he's going to hold off Charles Rogers, Mike Williams, and company. It could happen, but I'd wait until after training camp before declaring him the WR2 in Detroit.

That said, I think Travis Taylor was a great pick for you. He could actually end up as the #1 WR in Minnesota and was definitely worth a shot where you took him.
I agree that my WRs are deficient. I don't view Branch/Johnson/Moulds as a 1/2/3, I view them as a 2/3/3. I expect all 3 to finish in the top 36 and get me reliable points (along with Marty Booker) while I'm waiting on my big-upside gambles (Bradford, Wilford, and Taylor) to hopefully pay off. If I wind up with two, or possibly even three top-12 RBs (as I'm predicting), as well as a top-6 QB and a top-6 TE, then I'm probably not going to need 1/2/3 type production from my WRs.

My concern isn't that his best games came against bad defenses. It's that his ONLY GOOD GAMES came against bad defenses. That goes and raises the Kevin Jones Red Flag .
Buh? So Carloina's defense is bad? Games Att Yds Avg Lg TD 1stCAROLINA 2 40 141 3.5 16 2 8How many RBs have great games vs. great defenses? Most do not.Buffalo didn't finish the year as a top defense, but early in the year, Caddy destroyed what was supposed to be a good Bills D: Games Att Yds Avg Lg TD 1stVS. BUFFALO 1 24 128 5.3 31 1 8

Users who are viewing this thread