What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Rankings (14 Viewers)

I have a pick in one of my leagues that will be the 1.4 or 1.5, and if i can get Best for it, i would do it in a second. I too would like to hear what kind of deals are getting done with Best for draft picks.
It's easy to say that, until you look at the names.If these players were in the same draft class with Best, who would you NOT take over Best? I think Ingram, Green, Blackmon, Jones and LeShore are no-brainers, depending on your starting requirements. Vereen is in range to go late first, like Best. IngramGreenBlackmonJonesLeShoureVereenMurrayFloydBaldwin
Ingram is the only guy that i could say i would take over Best right now, and even that isnt a big difference. I dont play in PPR's and my leagues are more RB heavy, or i might consider Green.

I prefer Best to all but Ingram and Green. Those are the only 2 elite prospects in this draft class and everyone else is no safer of a bet than Best is (and I would argue are actually are far more risky and less likely to be a top level player). I don't agree that Jones, Blackmon, and LeShore are even close to no brainers, as I don't think they are elite prospects (although I feel that Blackmon has the best chance of this group to make it).
I don't want to get into the semantics of the term elite. Aside from being subjective, it is overused. If there is an elite WR in every class, obviously they are not elite. I also don't think that a prospect has to be elite to better than another player that is not elite; is easy to look at a list and say none are safer than Best. Tell me what makes Best safer than those on the list. I don't want to start the whole BMI thing again and I know there have been exceptions. But I think that the 230 pound LeShore is a safer bet to be a long-term, 3 down back in the NFL, based on build. When I say that, I am not suggesting that size is the only reason I would take LeShore, and I am not saying that bigger always equals better - it doesn't. But when we start looking at "safe" bets, I am putting my money on the 230 lber without concussion issues. You really don't think Jones and Blackmon are safer bets to be better football players? Sure, if you are in a RB heavy, non-PPR league (most of mine are) then I can understand taking the RB over the WR when it is close. But, on the same token, in said leagues, TDs are essential and Best is the least likely (RB on my list) to keep a full time role as a goal line back.

Last edited by a moderator:
I prefer Best to all but Ingram and Green. Those are the only 2 elite prospects in this draft class and everyone else is no safer of a bet than Best is (and I would argue are actually are far more risky and less likely to be a top level player). I don't agree that Jones, Blackmon, and LeShore are even close to no brainers, as I don't think they are elite prospects (although I feel that Blackmon has the best chance of this group to make it).
I don't want to get into the semantics of the term elite. Aside from being subjective, it is overused. If there is an elite WR in every class, obviously they are not elite. I also don't think that a prospect has to be elite to better than another player that is not elite; is easy to look at a list and say none are safer than Best. Tell me what makes Best safer than those on the list. I don't want to start the whole BMI thing again and I know there have been exceptions. But I think that the 230 pound LeShore is a safer bet to be a long-term, 3 down back in the NFL, based on build. When I say that, I am not suggesting that size is the only reason I would take LeShore, and I am not saying that bigger always equals better - it doesn't. But when we start looking at "safe" bets, I am putting my money on the 230 lber without concussion issues.

You really don't think Jones and Blackmon are safer bets to be better football players? Sure, if you are in a RB heavy, non-PPR league (most of mine are) then I can understand taking the RB over the WR when it is close. But, on the same token, in said leagues, TDs are essential and Best is the least likely (RB on my list) to keep a full time role as a goal line back.
If you want to take the term elite out, then just put it this way- I think Jahvid Best is a much better, more explosive football player than all of those guys. LeShore flat out doesn't impress me and I would be very suprised if he ended up as a long term starting running back in the NFL (you can go ahead and replace LeShore with any running back in this upcoming class not named Ingram. They all look exceedingly average and don't impress me as players that will stand out in the NFL. Best looked much, much more explosive and capable of starring at the NFL level than any of these guys have). I could list the reasons for this in detail, but I think many have already done so in the 2011 prospects thread. I'm sure one or two of them will make it and/or will suprise, but you might as well grab names out of a hat as to who it is, as none of them bring anything to the table that makes you say "wow" and gives you the feeling they will be a standout (Best does bring some of those things to the table). As for Julio Jones, I just don't see it. I don't think he will transition well to the NFL- he doesn't impress me much when I watch him play and think he relies on his raw athleticism for too much of his success. He isn't a freak like Dez or Calvin, so when he gets to the NFL and that athleticism advantage is much less (or gone completely), I feel he will struggle to stand out. Blackmon is a little more difficult for me to gauge, as I think he is teetering on the edge between Jones (more of a blah feel) and Green (who looks the part of a great player to me). I could go either way with him, which is why he is closest to Best for me of all the players you named outside of Ingram and Green.As for the bolded, I'm not sure I can agree. The only evidence we have thus far indicates Detroit is fully comfortable using Best as their goal line back. Before he came down with the dreaded turf toe injury (which can easily be a season killer for a running back), he was the featured goal line back for Detroit and performed quite well in the role. It's not like Willis McGahee is breathing down his neck to take goal line carries. Could he not end up as the goal line back? Yes, it's a possibility. Do I think he is a better bet than any of the running backs in this draft besides Ingram to be a 3 down starter in the NFL who also gets goal line work? Yes. Do I think Best's chances of being an explosive running back who scores 8-12 touchdowns with a boatload of all purpose yards makes him a better asset than all the rookies in this class outside of Ingram and Green right now? Yes (although as always with upcoming draft picks, that can change based on select factors).

If you want to take the term elite out, then just put it this way- I think Jahvid Best is a much better, more explosive football player than all of those guys. LeShore flat out doesn't impress me and I would be very suprised if he ended up as a long term starting running back in the NFL (you can go ahead and replace LeShore with any running back in this upcoming class not named Ingram. They all look exceedingly average and don't impress me as players that will stand out in the NFL. Best looked much, much more explosive and capable of starring at the NFL level than any of these guys have). I could list the reasons for this in detail, but I think many have already done so in the 2011 prospects thread. I'm sure one or two of them will make it and/or will suprise, but you might as well grab names out of a hat as to who it is, as none of them bring anything to the table that makes you say "wow" and gives you the feeling they will be a standout (Best does bring some of those things to the table). As for Julio Jones, I just don't see it. I don't think he will transition well to the NFL- he doesn't impress me much when I watch him play and think he relies on his raw athleticism for too much of his success. He isn't a freak like Dez or Calvin, so when he gets to the NFL and that athleticism advantage is much less (or gone completely), I feel he will struggle to stand out. Blackmon is a little more difficult for me to gauge, as I think he is teetering on the edge between Jones (more of a blah feel) and Green (who looks the part of a great player to me). I could go either way with him, which is why he is closest to Best for me of all the players you named outside of Ingram and Green.
Hey, fair enough. It looks like we just see different things, or project them differently, anyway. If that is your opinion on the players involved, there is nothing for me to question. Best was a very explosive player in college; more so than Ingram, even. But explosiveness does not always translate to a 3 down back, at least, not when that is the sole reliance of the player, and especially not when the player is smaller than ideal. If that is what you refer to when you say "wow", you should probably add Noel Devine to the list as well. I am not in a position to call you wrong, but your opinion on Jones is really different than mine. I don't know how anyone can watch him and not think he is an exception physical specimen, and say "wow". He had a down year last year, due to the QB play. But this year he has been one of the best WRs in football, in terms of production. He is a very large guy, has great hands, great body control, solid work ethic, winning characteristics; the only thing I could see questioning is speed. But he is a lot better at running routes than he was a freshman sensation, so even that would not prevent me from thinking he is a very good, 1st round WR. He made Peterson (top 5 pick, physical freak) look pretty bad when they played LSU. Blackmon is close to a sure thing, in my opinion. The OSU WR will always scare me (irrationally), because I really liked Rashaun Woods a few years ago. But other than that, the kid looks great. He seems to have the physical tools and the productivity can't be questioned. I have watched much less of him, than of Jones, but what I see I really like.

Ingram is the only guy that i could say i would take over Best right now, and even that isnt a big difference. I dont play in PPR's and my leagues are more RB heavy, or i might consider Green.
I can see not taking a WR over Best, in a RB heavy league. But how on earth can anyone not think Ingram his head and shoulders above Best?!Best was the 3rd best RB in his class, until BUFF surprised and took Spiller (RB. Again. Really?). He was clearly the 2nd best, even with his solid situation - which elevated him over Spiller - to Ryan Matthews. Ryan Matthews! I am not insulting Matthews, but he is no Heisman winning Mark Ingram.

Ingram does everything, and is a hard working, winning kid. He has everything you look for (including speed, which I have heard questioned - silly!). His upside is leaps and bounds ahead of where Best's is, because he has the potential to be 20 carry/game guy that won't come out when his team gets close to the end zone. He also has the ability to do damage out of the backfield, so any advantage Best has in that regard (PPR) is minimal.

I am surprised to hear you say that you play in RB heavy leagues, then suggest Best is close to Ingram. Very surprised.

I have a pick in one of my leagues that will be the 1.4 or 1.5, and if i can get Best for it, i would do it in a second. I too would like to hear what kind of deals are getting done with Best for draft picks.
It's easy to say that, until you look at the names.If these players were in the same draft class with Best, who would you NOT take over Best? I think Ingram, Green, Blackmon, Jones and LeShore are no-brainers, depending on your starting requirements. Vereen is in range to go late first, like Best. IngramGreenBlackmonJonesLeShoureVereenMurrayFloydBaldwin
I tend to agree with this actually. I would gladly take Ingram, Green, Blackmon and maybe even Jones over Jahvid Best in the PPR leagues I play in. I think the first three are the surest bets, and if I got the 1.06 pick from trading Best, I wouldn't be guaranteed a true stud player like those I mentioned, so I may shy away from that deal or make a more aggressive offer if I was really sold on one of those Ingram/Green/Blackmon level talents.

Daniel Shirley said:
I think the more interesting question is the hit that Gore's value has taken.
Interested as well. Will Gore be 28 and change heading into the 2011 season?

Is this the off-season to send him on his way before his perceived value free-falls due to age (I know I saw a lot of people were making that move last off-season, and for some reason the most common trade people seemed to mention was Gore for JStew)?
I was heavily contemplating moving Gore all off-season right up to the trade deadline, and I regret that I didn't. I'll be shopping him around to see what gets offered, but I have a feeling that his value is never going to recover. By the time he's back from the hip, then (hopefully) demonstrates that he's healthy and productive, he'll already be old enough that no one will touch him. I'll hope that either a contender is willing to overpay, or that I can pry away a solid player in a package with my low first. However, I suspect the least-bad option in many cases will be to hold, hope he recovers, and ride out whatever production you can get from him.

valhallan said:
In case anyone is holding out hope, we have determined it is safe to drop Jacoby Jones. Thank you.
Dropped him 2-3 weeks ago for Doucet. Would have cut him for an extra kicker if there was no one else worth picking up.

LessThanZero said:
Daniel Shirley said:
I think the more interesting question is the hit that Gore's value has taken.
Interested as well. Will Gore be 28 and change heading into the 2011 season?

Is this the off-season to send him on his way before his perceived value free-falls due to age (I know I saw a lot of people were making that move last off-season, and for some reason the most common trade people seemed to mention was Gore for JStew)?
I was heavily contemplating moving Gore all off-season right up to the trade deadline, and I regret that I didn't. I'll be shopping him around to see what gets offered, but I have a feeling that his value is never going to recover. By the time he's back from the hip, then (hopefully) demonstrates that he's healthy and productive, he'll already be old enough that no one will touch him. I'll hope that either a contender is willing to overpay, or that I can pry away a solid player in a package with my low first. However, I suspect the least-bad option in many cases will be to hold, hope he recovers, and ride out whatever production you can get from him.
I can't remember if it was in this thread but the conventional wisdom was that unless you traded Gore going into this season, you were pretty much stuck with him. People had age concerns then and with the hip injury there now might be additional durability issues. I tried to move him in August in one league and received no interest from the Mendenhall, Stewart or Wells owners and couldn't swing a deal with those who had the rookie picks that took Mathews and Best. If you still own him, unless you are in a long term rebuilding mode, there is no point in trading him. Best case scenario would be a #2 RB (who is risky or has limited upside) and a 1.04-1.06 pick and I am not certain you can get that. That said, he should recover from the hip injury and probably has a couple years of solid production left.

I would definitely go Smith or Maclin. Britt is a head case who could carry you or destroy your squad with one weekend at the strip joint. Why trust a ghetto nut like him for your dynasty team? It's a recipe for disaster as this season showed. You don't have him in the lineup and he blows up. He put him in and he does nothing.
:popcorn: "African American ghettos:

Urban areas in the U.S. can often be classified as "black" or "white", with the inhabitants primarily belonging to a homogenous racial grouping.[10] Forty years after the African-American civil rights era (1955–1968), most of the United States remains a residentially segregated society in which blacks and whites inhabit different neighborhoods. Due to poverty and crime, black neighborhoods in the United States are known as "ghettos"."
Your reading comprehension needs some work. I never said anything about "black" ghettos. I mentioned Kenny Britt as being a "ghetto" nut himself. It has nothing to do with where anyone is from. It's called slang. Maybe you heard of it. And if you think Kenny Britt isn't "ghetto" then you have no clue to the type of person he is and your rankings will be incorrect if you don't take into account the type of person a player is. Ask the Cincy Bengals about that and their drafting luck.

I would definitely go Smith or Maclin. Britt is a head case who could carry you or destroy your squad with one weekend at the strip joint. Why trust a ghetto nut like him for your dynasty team? It's a recipe for disaster as this season showed. You don't have him in the lineup and he blows up. He put him in and he does nothing.
:no: "African American ghettos:

Urban areas in the U.S. can often be classified as "black" or "white", with the inhabitants primarily belonging to a homogenous racial grouping.[10] Forty years after the African-American civil rights era (1955–1968), most of the United States remains a residentially segregated society in which blacks and whites inhabit different neighborhoods. Due to poverty and crime, black neighborhoods in the United States are known as "ghettos"."
Your reading comprehension needs some work. I never said anything about "black" ghettos. I mentioned Kenny Britt as being a "ghetto" nut himself. It has nothing to do with where anyone is from. It's called slang. Maybe you heard of it. And if you think Kenny Britt isn't "ghetto" then you have no clue to the type of person he is and your rankings will be incorrect if you don't take into account the type of person a player is. Ask the Cincy Bengals about that and their drafting luck.
Thanks for the insult. But I read at an 8th grade level in 4th, when I was placed in advanced classes - I can read.Define ghetto. What makes a person ghetto? Ghetto is now a word used to associate the ills that American Ghettos (Black and Latino) produce with black or Hispanic people, regardless of where they are from. Example: your very statement. Kenny Britt didn't live in a ghetto, doesn't currently live in a ghetto, wasn't born in a ghetto so what makes him ghetto? What does Britt have in common with a ghetto, other than his skin color?

What predominantly white ghettos are there in today's America? You don't have to use the work black or African American to insinuate anything. We all know that ghetto refers to poor, inner city areas, which - today - are predominantly black and Latino.

Not only are you insulting Britt, you are insulting those that grow up in the condition you call a ghetto. Calling a person ghetto suggests that the people that live in these areas are responsible for the crime and poverty, instead of a result of it. Poverty breeds ignorance and crime, regardless of race. A simple understanding of American History, or a simple Google search, will show you that.

If you want to take it a step further, the people living in these areas - history and a simple a Google search will show you - have never had anything, let alone examples of success, outside of rare, isolated instances. As recently as the 60s (still going on, just not via legal restrictions (no laws preventing it)) people of African American decent had very little offered to them by America, including affluent neighborhoods. So, the people that live in said ghettos were placed there, not by themselves, but by their parents and grandparents, who had no other options at the time.

Your statement was very ignorant and, to me, offensive. That has nothing to do with football, or my rankings. But, since you pointed it out, a good amount of the African Americans in the NFL today, came from what is commonly known as a ghetto - most of them smart, upstanding, hard working men. So, I don't think anyone could field a competitive team without "ghetto" players, as you call Britt.

Inner City Miami = poor, dangerous area = "ghetto" = the majority of black Miami University football players = one of, if not the best schools, in terms of producing NFL talent. So your theory is simply wrong - wrong and offensive.

PLEASE NOTE: I am not trying to go off-topic and am done after this post - back to the best thread on the forum, and the coversations that make it so.

And if you think Kenny Britt isn't "ghetto" then you have no clue to the type of person he is
What type of person is Kenny Britt? Please let us know.What makes him ghetto? Since it couldn't be the fact that he was born and raised in a white middle class neighborhood or that he went to a fairly good college, what is it?

:hifive: "African American ghettos:

Thanks for the insult. But I read at an 8th grade level in 4th, when I was placed in advanced classes - I can read.Define ghetto. What makes a person ghetto? Ghetto is now a word used to associate the ills that American Ghettos (Black and Latino) produce with black or Hispanic people, regardless of where they are from. Example: your very statement. Kenny Britt didn't live in a ghetto, doesn't currently live in a ghetto, wasn't born in a ghetto so what makes him ghetto? What does Britt have in common with a ghetto, other than his skin color?

What predominantly white ghettos are there in today's America? You don't have to use the work black or African American to insinuate anything. We all know that ghetto refers to poor, inner city areas, which - today - are predominantly black and Latino.

Not only are you insulting Britt, you are insulting those that grow up in the condition you call a ghetto. Calling a person ghetto suggests that the people that live in these areas are responsible for the crime and poverty, instead of a result of it. Poverty breeds ignorance and crime, regardless of race. A simple understanding of American History, or a simple Google search, will show you that.

If you want to take it a step further, the people living in these areas - history and a simple a Google search will show you - have never had anything, let alone examples of success, outside of rare, isolated instances. As recently as the 60s (still going on, just not via legal restrictions (no laws preventing it)) people of African American decent had very little offered to them by America, including affluent neighborhoods. So, the people that live in said ghettos were placed there, not by themselves, but by their parents and grandparents, who had no other options at the time.

Your statement was very ignorant and, to me, offensive. That has nothing to do with football, or my rankings. But, since you pointed it out, a good amount of the African Americans in the NFL today, came from what is commonly known as a ghetto - most of them smart, upstanding, hard working men. So, I don't think anyone could field a competitive team without "ghetto" players, as you call Britt.

Inner City Miami = poor, dangerous area = "ghetto" = the majority of black Miami University football players = one of, if not the best schools, in terms of producing NFL talent. So your theory is simply wrong - wrong and offensive.

PLEASE NOTE: I am not trying to go off-topic and am done after this post - back to the best thread on the forum, and the coversations that make it so.
Again, you need to go back to basic reading. I don't have to define the word ghetto because I wasn't using it that way. It's called SLANG. Example: the word #####. Don't look it up because that's not how I use the word most of the time. "Ghetto", in it's slang version, refers to trash. Whether they are white or black makes no difference. And if you think it means nothing in terms of rankings then you are dead wrong. Look at why so many players drop in the NFL draft. Most of the time teams are afraid to draft a player because of their ghetto trash attitude.

Again, you need to go back to basic reading. I don't have to define the word ghetto because I wasn't using it that way. It's called SLANG. Example: the word #####. Don't look it up because that's not how I use the word most of the time. "Ghetto", in it's slang version, refers to trash. Whether they are white or black makes no difference. And if you think it means nothing in terms of rankings then you are dead wrong. Look at why so many players drop in the NFL draft. Most of the time teams are afraid to draft a player because of their ghetto trash attitude.
You are just making stuff up now. I don't even know if you are being serious, or are trying to get a rise out of others. But I cleary spelled out why the term ghetto is offensive and doesn't apply. And, as I said, I am done with the topic.And most players "drop" (assuming you meant get cut) becuase of talent, age, or injury. Not "ghetto trash attitude."And you still haven't said what concerns you have about him. What makes you think he has a "ghetto trash attitude"?

You are just making stuff up now. I don't even know if you are being serious, or are trying to get a rise out of others. But I cleary spelled out why the term ghetto is offensive and doesn't apply. And, as I said, I am done with the topic.And most players "drop" (assuming you meant get cut) becuase of talent, age, or injury. Not "ghetto trash attitude."And you still haven't said what concerns you have about him. What makes you think he has a "ghetto trash attitude"?
I didn't mean players get cut. I meant players "drop" in the NFL draft because of bad attitude. The perfect example is Legarette (pardon the spelling) Blount. He cost himself millions of dollars because of his bad attitude. If he didn't sucker punch that player last year he would have went much higher in the draft. This is bad attitude. He lost, Tampa gained by getting him later in the draft. With Britt, you have to worry about him getting in trouble off the field and costing you a couple games because of suspension. He gets in trouble every year dating back to his freshman year in college. Let's say Steve Smith of the Giants and Britt will give you the same amount of points over the next couple of seasons. Who would you rather have? Why take a chance on a player who gets in trouble off the field? It's not worth the draft pick.

I didn't mean players get cut. I meant players "drop" in the NFL draft because of bad attitude. The perfect example is Legarette (pardon the spelling) Blount. He cost himself millions of dollars because of his bad attitude. If he didn't sucker punch that player last year he would have went much higher in the draft. This is bad attitude. He lost, Tampa gained by getting him later in the draft. With Britt, you have to worry about him getting in trouble off the field and costing you a couple games because of suspension. He gets in trouble every year dating back to his freshman year in college. Let's say Steve Smith of the Giants and Britt will give you the same amount of points over the next couple of seasons. Who would you rather have? Why take a chance on a player who gets in trouble off the field? It's not worth the draft pick.
Since you don't address my points, maybe numbering them will help you. 1. LeGarrett Blount wasn't drafted by the Bucs. He wasn't drafted at all. The Titans brought him to camp, then cut him. Then he was picked up by the Bucs. 2. Who cares where a player is drafted? I care about what points they give me, and LeGarrett has been a solid RB. 3. Your hypothetical stament is lacking common sense. You say that they will score the same amount of points, then ask me which I would take. Do you not see how silly that is? - they score me the same points! I don't care what they look like any more than I do what they do off the field.4. Answer the question: What has Britt done to make you think he will miss games because of suspension? What has he done that makes him a "ghetto nut."5. Lastly, why don't you use the term hillbilly nut? Or just nut? Or lazy? Or immature? You said Ghetto is slang, slang for what?

Since you don't address my points, maybe numbering them will help you. 1. LeGarrett Blount wasn't drafted by the Bucs. He wasn't drafted at all. The Titans brought him to camp, then cut him. Then he was picked up by the Bucs. 2. Who cares where a player is drafted? I care about what points they give me, and LeGarrett has been a solid RB. 3. Your hypothetical stament is lacking common sense. You say that they will score the same amount of points, then ask me which I would take. Do you not see how silly that is? - they score me the same points! I don't care what they look like any more than I do what they do off the field.4. Answer the question: What has Britt done to make you think he will miss games because of suspension? What has he done that makes him a "ghetto nut."5. Lastly, why don't you use the term hillbilly nut? Or just nut? Or lazy? Or immature? You said Ghetto is slang, slang for what?
I'm sorry. I forgot the Titans signed him and then cut him. If you can't understand the concept of risk you should change your name.

I like Britt, ghetto or not. I think he has top 10 talent, and I always like to gamble on talent.
I like him as well but I was just saying I'd rather have Maclin or Steve Smith of the Giants because they are more dependable.
I could see that. IMO Britt is more talented than both, so his ceiling is higher, though I really like Maclin. Smith seems safer than Britt, but I'd rather have the guy I think is the best talent, even though that doesn't always work out.

I like Britt, ghetto or not. I think he has top 10 talent, and I always like to gamble on talent.
I like him as well but I was just saying I'd rather have Maclin or Steve Smith of the Giants because they are more dependable.
I could see that. IMO Britt is more talented than both, so his ceiling is higher, though I really like Maclin. Smith seems safer than Britt, but I'd rather have the guy I think is the best talent, even though that doesn't always work out.
I totally agree with this statement. Britt is the more talented of the players but it comes down to preference when drafting.

I'm sorry. I forgot the Titans signed him and then cut him. If you can't understand the concept of risk you should change your name.
:angry: I see the numbering system did nothing. I'm at a loss. Enjoy your bliss!

Talking about Britt's huge 200 yard 3 td game. How many people had Britt in the lineup when you knew he would sit out the first quarter (since he was involved in a fight at a bar or wherever) and might not play at all? Please raise your hand. Thank you.

What are everyone's thoughts on DeAngelo Williams next season?

I have made a couple offers to the owner, trying to get him before we know where he is going, hoping that he is cheaper now, and worth the gamble.

Anyone either trade or trade for him? What value do you think he has?

Talking about Britt's huge 200 yard 3 td game. How many people had Britt in the lineup when you knew he would sit out the first quarter (since he was involved in a fight at a bar or wherever) and might not play at all? Please raise your hand. Thank you.
It seems like every receiver who had law trouble this year scored a TD the game after their arrest. Braylon. Good Mike Williams. Britt. Maybe we should be using this as strategy.

I did, but had little choice admittedly.He was cleared of all charges in that fight by the way. He's 21 and was in a bar fight. I don't think that makes him ghetto, perhaps a little stupid given what he has on the line, but it happens. Sometimes when it involves a "celebrity/athlete" its not even their fault, they become targets of people wither looking to make a buck or to have a story to tell.

I did, but had little choice admittedly.He was cleared of all charges in that fight by the way. He's 21 and was in a bar fight. I don't think that makes him ghetto, perhaps a little stupid given what he has on the line, but it happens. Sometimes when it involves a "celebrity/athlete" its not even their fault, they become targets of people wither looking to make a buck or to have a story to tell.
Good point.

What are everyone's thoughts on DeAngelo Williams next season?I have made a couple offers to the owner, trying to get him before we know where he is going, hoping that he is cheaper now, and worth the gamble.Anyone either trade or trade for him? What value do you think he has?
Obviously it depends on where he ends up to some extent. He'll be 28, but is still a tremendous talent despite the down season. I'd take him he he came cheap, but wouldn't necessarily seek him out in a deal.

:ph34r: "African American ghettos:

Coop - seriously? This is yet another example of you picking a fight for no reason over semantics. It may not have been perfect usage of the term, but I think it's pretty clear he was referring to his recent legal troubles stemming from that bar fight. How many times have people criticized players in rankings (*cough*BMarsh*cough*) for character issues and legal troubles? I'm pretty sure he wasn't expressing racist sentiment especially since the other two guys he was talking about are also black... eh?Choice of words aside, it's a very legitimate concern if you're ranking someone for dynasty purposes. Personally, the circumstances alone don't worry me - but we've seen a number of character issues (not working hard in the offseason, bar fight which he was cleared on, upaid parking tickets).

I totally agree with this statement. Britt is the more talented of the players but it comes down to preference when drafting.
I personally wouldn't write off Maclin in the talent/upside discussion. Maclin is a playmaker and by all accounts was very raw coming in last year.

Coop - seriously? This is yet another example of you picking a fight for no reason. It may not have been perfect usage of the term, but I think it's pretty clear he was referring to his recent legal troubles stemming from that bar fight. How many times have people criticized players in rankings (*cough*BMarsh*cough*) for character issues and legal troubles? I'm pretty sure he wasn't expressing racist sentiment especially since the other two guys he was talking about are also black... eh?

Choice of words aside, it's a very legitimate concern if you're ranking someone for dynasty purposes. Personally, the circumstances alone don't worry me - but we've seen a number of character issues (not working hard in the offseason, bar fight which he was cleared on, upaid parking tickets)
I am not getting into this with you. I didn't start a fight. I pointed out an offensive term, and the fact that it doesn't apply to Britt. That is not picking a fight. I have already moved on, and have posted a new topic/question. If you get time, your thoughts would be appreciated. A fight, is a cause for concern, sure. But that doesn't make someone a ghetto nut, nor does it validate the use of the term, as it was being thrown around. That was my point, and what I said.

I hope we didn't drive off EBF, SSOG, and the other regular posters... where is the useful discussion?
This thread thrives in the offseason when people can't over react to things week by week. That's when the good discussions and great posters come out... and a lot of the riff raff goes into hibernation.
Good point. This thread thrives before the draft, after the draft and in the summer.

but we've seen a number of character issues (not working hard in the offseason, bar fight which he was cleared on, upaid parking tickets).
Unpaid parking tickets are a character issue? I've got issues..
Ha... you know what I mean :rolleyes:Personally - without knowing more about the bar fight - it's not enough for me to really get overly concerned about. The work ethic issues would concern me most. Then again, thankfully, I drafted Nicks over Britt in all my dynasties :)

Stole this list of leading rookie runners from the Chris Ivory thread, thought it was rather funny:

Ivory: 636 yards (5.2 YPC)Blount: 599 yards (4.5 YPC)Best: 447 yards (3.3 YPC)Matthews: 382 yards (4.4 YPC)Spiller: 199 yards (4.1 YPC)
Everyone predicted this right?Blount looks like he may be the real deal, but not sure what the offseason brings in Tampa.Ivory is a battering ram that's real fun to watch, but I think he's aided by teams being real concerned about Brees and company. With that said I own him in one league and wouldn't be surprised if he lasts another season in New Orleans after they let Thomas walk, which means he'll make for at worst decent depth.Best - I'm one who believe the turf toe stol his season and would expect him to bounce back. I'd love to buy him cheap, but most of his owners aren't going to sell low.Matthews and Spiller just didn't get the opportunities due to injuries and other players emerging. What are people's thoughts there or overall about this rookie RB class. As of now it's looking like one of the weaker classes. Does it get better next year?

Stole this list of leading rookie runners from the Chris Ivory thread, thought it was rather funny:

Ivory: 636 yards (5.2 YPC)Blount: 599 yards (4.5 YPC)Best: 447 yards (3.3 YPC)Matthews: 382 yards (4.4 YPC)Spiller: 199 yards (4.1 YPC)
Everyone predicted this right?Blount looks like he may be the real deal, but not sure what the offseason brings in Tampa.Ivory is a battering ram that's real fun to watch, but I think he's aided by teams being real concerned about Brees and company. With that said I own him in one league and wouldn't be surprised if he lasts another season in New Orleans after they let Thomas walk, which means he'll make for at worst decent depth.Best - I'm one who believe the turf toe stol his season and would expect him to bounce back. I'd love to buy him cheap, but most of his owners aren't going to sell low.Matthews and Spiller just didn't get the opportunities due to injuries and other players emerging. What are people's thoughts there or overall about this rookie RB class. As of now it's looking like one of the weaker classes. Does it get better next year?
I think Best is the real deal and may be the best buy low player in all of fantasy football right now. I believed he was elite coming into the draft, I believed he was elite coming into the season, and his pre-turf toe performances did nothing to change my belief that he will be an elite, dynamic player. I think a lot of people will have watched him play with what can be a crippling injury for a running back and downgrade him, which makes him an excellent player to acquire in the offseason. On top of that, no threat to his job or any goal line work managed to emerge while he has been hurt, meaning he will likely have a full workload to come back to in 2011. This last bit is what worries me about Ryan Mathews, at least in the short to medium term. I liked how he looked and think he looked like a very good player, but worry that he will have lost short yardage work to Tolbert and could end up in some form of a RBBC. I still like him, but he has dropped slightly in my rankings this season whereas Best has not moved down at all.As for the rest of the class, I am not a big fan. Blount reminds me an awful lot of Anthony Thomas- he's putting up numbers, but just doesn't impress me. He misses holes, seems slow, and for his size is actually dissapointing with his performances around the goal line. I think he could be serviceable for awhile, but wouldn't be looking to give up anything of value to acquire him and would be looking to trade him for value if I had him. CJ Spiller was never a player I had a good read on coming into the NFL so I stayed away from him in all leagues, but being drafted by Buffalo didn't do him any favors and not being able to beat Fred Jackson for the job is also concerning. That being said, I still don't have a good read on him and can't decide if he is a buy, sell, or hold. Chris Ivory's value is almost entirely dependent on his situation. If the Saints don't resign Pierre Thomas or bring in any big name free agents (this last part is unlikely), then I think he holds a lot of value next year. However, I think it is mostly short term value and like I said is almost entirely situationally dependent, which makes him a sell this year if you can get value, otherwise a hold and hope the Saints let Pierre walk. As for the rest, I think Hardesty holds the next most value, as I view Cleveland as a great running back situation and think Hillis' style could lead to a higher chance for injury, and Ben Tate fits in somewhere simply due to the fact that an injury to Foster would put him in a great situation to succeed (I don't think he has a chance of getting any kind of meaningful roll unless Foster gets hurt).

I think Best is the real deal and may be the best buy low player in all of fantasy football right now. I believed he was elite coming into the draft, I believed he was elite coming into the season, and his pre-turf toe performances did nothing to change my belief that he will be an elite, dynamic player. I think a lot of people will have watched him play with what can be a crippling injury for a running back and downgrade him, which makes him an excellent player to acquire in the offseason. On top of that, no threat to his job or any goal line work managed to emerge while he has been hurt, meaning he will likely have a full workload to come back to in 2011. This last bit is what worries me about Ryan Mathews, at least in the short to medium term. I liked how he looked and think he looked like a very good player, but worry that he will have lost short yardage work to Tolbert and could end up in some form of a RBBC. I still like him, but he has dropped slightly in my rankings this season whereas Best has not moved down at all.As for the rest of the class, I am not a big fan. Blount reminds me an awful lot of Anthony Thomas- he's putting up numbers, but just doesn't impress me. He misses holes, seems slow, and for his size is actually dissapointing with his performances around the goal line. I think he could be serviceable for awhile, but wouldn't be looking to give up anything of value to acquire him and would be looking to trade him for value if I had him. CJ Spiller was never a player I had a good read on coming into the NFL so I stayed away from him in all leagues, but being drafted by Buffalo didn't do him any favors and not being able to beat Fred Jackson for the job is also concerning. That being said, I still don't have a good read on him and can't decide if he is a buy, sell, or hold. Chris Ivory's value is almost entirely dependent on his situation. If the Saints don't resign Pierre Thomas or bring in any big name free agents (this last part is unlikely), then I think he holds a lot of value next year. However, I think it is mostly short term value and like I said is almost entirely situationally dependent, which makes him a sell this year if you can get value, otherwise a hold and hope the Saints let Pierre walk. As for the rest, I think Hardesty holds the next most value, as I view Cleveland as a great running back situation and think Hillis' style could lead to a higher chance for injury, and Ben Tate fits in somewhere simply due to the fact that an injury to Foster would put him in a great situation to succeed (I don't think he has a chance of getting any kind of meaningful roll unless Foster gets hurt).
Nice post. :lmao:

I think Best is the real deal and may be the best buy low player in all of fantasy football right now. I believed he was elite coming into the draft, I believed he was elite coming into the season, and his pre-turf toe performances did nothing to change my belief that he will be an elite, dynamic player. I think a lot of people will have watched him play with what can be a crippling injury for a running back and downgrade him, which makes him an excellent player to acquire in the offseason. On top of that, no threat to his job or any goal line work managed to emerge while he has been hurt, meaning he will likely have a full workload to come back to in 2011. This last bit is what worries me about Ryan Mathews, at least in the short to medium term. I liked how he looked and think he looked like a very good player, but worry that he will have lost short yardage work to Tolbert and could end up in some form of a RBBC. I still like him, but he has dropped slightly in my rankings this season whereas Best has not moved down at all.
I think that stance on Best is the prudent one right now. I'm a Best owner in one dynasty league and I just can't bring myself to the idea of trading him after recent discussion on the topic in this thread.

Just wanted to point out something to those of you that do dynasty rankings. Tom Brady is still elite.

He's currently ranked 7th by F&L, 11th by SSOG, and 12th by Go Deep.

Yet he's currently the #2 QB in my fantasy league.

2009? Virtual 3 way tie for 6th with Romo and Rivers.

2008? ACL

2007? #1 by a mile.

2006? #7

2005? #2

He's 33 (1.5 years younger than Manning), and there's little reason to doubt his productivity for the next 4+ years.

Just wanted to point out something to those of you that do dynasty rankings. Tom Brady is still elite. He's currently ranked 7th by F&L, 11th by SSOG, and 12th by Go Deep.Yet he's currently the #2 QB in my fantasy league.2009? Virtual 3 way tie for 6th with Romo and Rivers.2008? ACL2007? #1 by a mile.2006? #72005? #2He's 33 (1.5 years younger than Manning), and there's little reason to doubt his productivity for the next 4+ years.
:excited: A whole lot of people sold him short when Moss got traded.

Just wanted to point out something to those of you that do dynasty rankings. Tom Brady is still elite. He's currently ranked 7th by F&L, 11th by SSOG, and 12th by Go Deep.Yet he's currently the #2 QB in my fantasy league.2009? Virtual 3 way tie for 6th with Romo and Rivers.2008? ACL2007? #1 by a mile.2006? #72005? #2He's 33 (1.5 years younger than Manning), and there's little reason to doubt his productivity for the next 4+ years.
:excited: A whole lot of people sold him short when Moss got traded.
Yeah, Tom Brady is elite... but I still hope he gets herpes.Signed, Angry and Drunk Jet Fan

Users who are viewing this thread