What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Phish Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Just got the Amsterdam 97 box set for Fathers Day. I've listed to these shows for years as aud recordings but this is a whole new ballgame: The remastered soundboards are the best sounding recordings I've ever heard from Phish. This is a must buy for any fan.

Workhorse said:
Just got the Amsterdam 97 box set for Fathers Day. I've listed to these shows for years as aud recordings but this is a whole new ballgame: The remastered soundboards are the best sounding recordings I've ever heard from Phish. This is a must buy for any fan.
These are really good. I think the sound on the Ventura Box set was at least equally good if not better.

I heard a rough stream of the sound check last night. Band sounded a bit lethargic, particularly Bill/Mickey. But Trey sounded fantastic.

I heard a rough stream of the sound check last night. Band sounded a bit lethargic, particularly Bill/Mickey. But Trey sounded fantastic.
I heard a bit. really rough stream. soundchecks are notoriously half-assed (Watkins glen being a historic exception). did like what I was hearing from trey. will probably get the stream tonight, as ive been assured that there will be no issues with the their ability to handle the capacity.

I heard a bit. really rough stream. soundchecks are notoriously half-assed (Watkins glen being a historic exception). did like what I was hearing from trey. will probably get the stream tonight, as ive been assured that there will be no issues with the their ability to handle the capacity.
How are you planning on streaming? I want to get it on apple TV but not sure if it's supported.

Ho hum first set. Time to bring the gusto out.

Always take a Tube - Wolfman though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bend night 2 was altogether odd. Not bad per se, just different. Mid-life crisis going on? I doubt it, and a monster Shoreline show tonight will set the record straight. Have fun!

I enjoyed Bend 1 set 2 alot.

Saw nothing from Bend 2 though. Four debuts...not sure what's up with that. Weird looking set 2.

Thought the Shoreline show was better than the Forum by a good margin. Second set at Shoreline was just awesome. Forum had some highlights but it wasn't consistent. If anything I think Walls of the Cave or YEM were their best efforts on Saturday night.

Haven't heard the California shows yet but on set list alone they look more promising than the solid but unspectacular Oregon shows.

Glad to see they broke out Martian Monster again...that song has the ability to turn a show on its heels.

Hard to believe they're in Cali one weekend, and Georgia then next.

Glad to see they broke out Martian Monster again...that song has the ability to turn a show on its heels.

Hard to believe they're in Cali one weekend, and Georgia then next.
The wagon trains are a good deal faster these days. Phish's tempos, not so much.

Forum was a RAGER. Sound is incredible in that venue, and the crowd was energized. Trey en fuego.

I think the MMonster opener was an audible - seemed like the band regrouped after the huge ovation they got walking out and decided to push DWD back. Place erupted when MMonster started - dance party from the 1st note.

LOVE what I'm hearing so far. Trey's tone and overall dexterity are far better than recent tours.

Can't wait for Atlanta this weekend and Magnaball next month.

Brutal first set tonight in Austin. Hope this is a sign for a big weekend!

Excellent set one with rare, early Fishman vacuum solo. Figured it would end with Divided Sky so the Squirming Coil was a pleasant surprise.

That was more like it.
Agreed-great show, was a little disappointed with the encore, not a first tube fan & in my mind the Undermind album doesn't exist...but still a great show.

Anyone listening tonight?
Not a First Tube fan? WTF?
Yeah I know, I'm in the minority, I just think its real repetitive and doesn't catch me. Whatever, like I said it's not a popular opinion. To be honest, I don't like much of anything since 98 (ghost) which is still not great.

Regardless, the Reba>Bathtub was great.

Enjoyed the show, but not like the 7/29 show, which was fantastic!

How was the Martian Monster tonight?
Again, probably not popular, don't like this either. This and Kill Devil Falls felt like 45 minutes, got kinda bored.What can I say, I'm picky, and only like the older stuff. Still fun, I don't hate anything they do, other than Caspian and BBFCFM

Listened to last night's first set so far, they definitely packed a lot of good music into that. Will be interested in hearing the second set.

Maybe it will be the Friday shows that standout this tour, that's back to back Fridays.

Users who are viewing this thread