What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Phish Thread*** (8 Viewers)

The status of my ticket requests for three nights in pre-sale Sphere, a microcosm of my life: unfulfilled, unfulfilled, unfulfilled. Hope yinz get better news.

I assume the request pool was huge. A lot of scalpers and quick-money schemers were in on this, even posting about it on Twitter.

The status of my ticket requests for three nights in pre-sale Sphere, a microcosm of my life: unfulfilled, unfulfilled, unfulfilled. Hope yinz get better news.

I assume the request pool was huge. A lot of scalpers and quick-money schemers were in on this, even posting about it on Twitter.
Seemed like a no brainer to throw your name in the hat even if you were remotely interested.

All unfulfilled. I requested 2 for each individual nights. My wife requested 2 of the 4 night packages. Both unfulfilled.

It just kind of sucks that nearly 80k tickets will be sold to this 4 night event and none of us could get any! Very frustrating going to concerts these days.

It really shouldn't be too hard to track these tickets. I really wish Phish would at least try and stop the resale market. If a ticket ordered thru the Phish lottery gets resold on stubhub (or a similar site) for more than face value, whatever email and/or credit card that stubhub sale is tied too should get booted from the next phish lottery. Maybe not a full on ban, but an automatic unfulfilled request should be triggered.

That can't be too hard.

It really shouldn't be too hard to track these tickets. I really wish Phish would at least try and stop the resale market. If a ticket ordered thru the Phish lottery gets resold on stubhub (or a similar site) for more than face value, whatever email and/or credit card that stubhub sale is tied too should get booted from the next phish lottery. Maybe not a full on ban, but an automatic unfulfilled request should be triggered.

That can't be too hard.
Don't see that as feasible. I'd be surprised if the credit card deets are accessible and the email/stubhub account is obviously easy to create as necessary.

My guess is that Ticketmaster will only allot a very small percentage of these tickets to presale orders. The probably literally sell about half of the total seats when the tickets officially go on sale on Friday. And then the other half they hold back for secondary markets (at least one of which, I believe, they own) to sell tickets at 5x the face value, most of which the artist does not get. I'm glad that our government is looking into this but color me skeptical that anything meaningful will come of it.

That can't be too hard.
Don't see that as feasible. I'd be surprised if the credit card deets are accessible and the email/stubhub account is obviously easy to create as necessary.
You'd be tracing the ticket. Attached a unique code to the PTBM ticket...if that ticket gets sold on stub hub, the person that bought it does not get to participate in the lottery for a year or two?

That can't be too hard.
You'd be tracing the ticket. Attached a unique code to the PTBM ticket...if that ticket gets sold on stub hub, the person that bought it does not get to participate in the lottery for a year or two?
So you can't resell at all or just not for profit? Are you expecting stubhub to provide this information that it got resold?

My guess is that Ticketmaster will only allot a very small percentage of these tickets to presale orders. The probably literally sell about half of the total seats when the tickets officially go on sale on Friday. And then the other half they hold back for secondary markets (at least one of which, I believe, they own) to sell tickets at 5x the face value, most of which the artist does not get. I'm glad that our government is looking into this but color me skeptical that anything meaningful will come of it.
They introduced some bill, but it does nothing to address resale prices. Probably just a way for them to say they took action without actually doing anything meaningful. Its certainly something that can be prevented by TM, but they don't have any incentive to do so. Like you said, they have their own resale market and they make fees off of that.

Can't imagine wooks in the 2nd & 3rd levels at the Sphere. I don't get out of my mind these days at shows but back in the day there were more than a few times I needs some down time to get myself together.

That can't be too hard.
So you can't resell at all or just not for profit? Are you expecting stubhub to provide this information that it got resold?
Resell all you want. But if the $100 PTBM ticket gets sold on stubhub for $500 your next 3 years of putting in for the lottery will result in unfulfilled status.

People are putting in for tickets these days with no intention of ever going to these concerts, its a problem. We need a solution.

Can't imagine wooks in the 2nd & 3rd levels at the Sphere. I don't get out of my mind these days at shows but back in the day there were more than a few times I needs some down time to get myself together.

Yup. This crowd has people falling over railings in normal arenas.

Got Saturday floor which has limited views of the sphere itself whatever that means.
Wow, that is a minor miracle. By my count, those shows sold out in almost no time, and yet no one got any tickets.
Got in the queue 5 minutes before they went on sale (which is actually later than i usually do it) and I was at <1k. Had a 2nd browser going to get sunday tix. Had them in the cart but decided to go back to the seat selection which just screwed up my session so I had to start from the beginning. By that point, there was 28K people in front of me. Oh well. I'm so used to getting tix for my daughter and those teenagers and their parents are on an entirely different level of competitiveness.

no luck here either. I was less than 2000 when I got to the lobby. Lots of tickets available when it was my pick.

I selected 2 not realizing they were "platinum" and about $700 each. Dumped those 2 and selected the next up, went to check out...poof, no longer available. This happened about 15 times. I even went back and selected platinum tickets just to see if I could check out. No luck.

Its really not fun anymore.

no luck here either. I was less than 2000 when I got to the lobby. Lots of tickets available when it was my pick.

I selected 2 not realizing they were "platinum" and about $700 each. Dumped those 2 and selected the next up, went to check out...poof, no longer available. This happened about 15 times. I even went back and selected platinum tickets just to see if I could check out. No luck.

Its really not fun anymore.
Oof. Sorry to hear that. It's far from "not fun." I find the whole Ticketmaster experience / situation as soul-crushing. Why they are able to get away with what they do is mind-boggling. And it's been years and years, and it's only gotten worse.

If it was truly a supply & demand thing I'd be a little more okay with it. I think its mostly the bots/scalpers and typical dudes looking for a quick buck. I really don't think anything will change either. At least not until people say screw it, I'm not paying $750 for a ticket to a 3 hour concert.

Its not just phish or concert tickets, its everything people are over paying for. I love the Saints, but I'm not paying $300+ per ticket to sit in the lower lever of the Superdome to see them play the Falcons, thats absurd. But people are doing it. Skiing in Colorado and Utah, $200 a person....Disney about the same.

I'm 41 and its terrifying how old man'ish I can be. You kids are welcome on my lawn though, at least for now.

If it was truly a supply & demand thing I'd be a little more okay with it. I think its mostly the bots/scalpers and typical dudes looking for a quick buck. I really don't think anything will change either. At least not until people say screw it, I'm not paying $750 for a ticket to a 3 hour concert.

But it is a supply/demand thing, or these scalpers wouldn't be doing it. The only way it's going to change is when people stop paying more for secondary market. I try not to as much as possible, and when I do I try to stay at less than 15% over cost so I know the seller isn't making a profit after the fees.

But it is a supply/demand thing, or these scalpers wouldn't be doing it. The only way it's going to change is when people stop paying more for secondary market. I try not to as much as possible, and when I do I try to stay at less than 15% over cost so I know the seller isn't making a profit after the fees.
I guess its both...but if you could truly limit the initial sell of the tickets to people who are 100% confirmed to be attending then I don't think it would be so hard to get tickets. I don't know the solution though. Its crazy, but if there were a way to prove you were attending (hotel reservation, flight confirmation) and once you provide proof then you get a code to get into the ticket lottery. It would be no problem getting tickets. But thats ridiculous.

It wont stop until people decide to stop paying the secondary market prices. just a fact.

The tickets I got are going for 855 each on stubhub. And those are some of the cheaper tickets. People are out of their damn minds.
I LOVE phish, so much. I could never really put into words how much they mean to me. I hear Trey every single day in my head since I was probably 15-16.

Could NEVER spend that much on a ticket. Never!

These people are nuts. The only way I think I'd ever really over pay is to be on the floor NYE. Even then...I wouldn't pay what these people are asking.

The rumors were true. What a night. Anyone go?

That was awesome to watch but I did miss the beginning so need to rewatch. I love the people arguing on twitter that this wasn't Gamehendge because the order was wrong.
The narration wasn't as good either, or at least it wasn't like the original. Ha

No complaints here though. I was just as excited sitting on the couch. You need to watch the beginning. It gave me chills. Gamehendge had been the rumor all week. Then Harpua hit and I thought they might just tease it or tell a story about it. Nope, Jimmy's grandmother grabs a record and tells Jimmy something like, "you can't go on without hearing the real story of Gamehendge!" She puts the record on by his bed and Trey drops into TMWSIY...uh, just melted. Such a great moment.

I had tickets but chose to sell them (at face) and do couch tour. Loved the show. I’ve been chasing Harpua since 1995 so my main regret is not catching that. But as for the visuals and sound, couch tour did just fine. The boys played well. Loved the AC/DC Bag and Melt.

I had tickets but chose to sell them (at face) and do couch tour. Loved the show. I’ve been chasing Harpua since 1995 so my main regret is not catching that. But as for the visuals and sound, couch tour did just fine. The boys played well. Loved the AC/DC Bag and Melt.

Bro

Bro
I know. Wife was sick. I couldn’t go solo even though we suspected Gamehenge (and thus Harpua.)

I'm fairly new to the couch tour thing, and oh my God is it fantastic. For a time I thought I was going to the NYE show in person (in a suite no less), but honestly after couch touring the run I'm not even that mad that I missed Gamehendge in person. We had previously decided we'd let our kids stay up until midnight for the first time this year, so they were around for Lizards (one of the two Phish songs they like) with the dancing lizards and LOVED it.

Every time I do one, I imagine going back and telling my college self that not only will the guys still be playing when I'm middle aged, but I'll be able to live stream their shows on a TV with a bigger and clearer picture than I can imagine, all while sitting on my couch enjoying legal THC and even psylocybin, with a fridge, a bathroom and my family all nearby. Pretty sure 20 year old me would have been pretty pleased with this vision of the future. I don't tell him about the other stuff.

Anyway, I prefer the Youtube streams to phish.net streams when possible, bc I have to screen mirror from phish.net. I've seen this show in full on there, and of course there's 12/31/23 on there now and forever. Anyone know of other full sets or shows with high quality streams?

and of course there's 12/31/23 on there now and forever

I wouldn't assume it will be on there forever. The official Phish channel has had full shows on there before that they have since pulled.

Thanks for the heads up. In this case I feel like it would be so popular that some people out there who know how the internets work would have preserved the whole set. Hard to put this genie back in the bottle. Any other shows you've come across on Youtube? Phish channel is nice, but their selections tend to skew towards newer songs and exceptionally long jams, and I prefer the structure of a full set/show.

For the uninitiated, the undisputed MVP of couch touring is obviously Chris Kuroda.

Thanks for the heads up. In this case I feel like it would be so popular that some people out there who know how the internets work would have preserved the whole set. Hard to put this genie back in the bottle. Any other shows you've come across on Youtube? Phish channel is nice, but their selections tend to skew towards newer songs and exceptionally long jams, and I prefer the structure of a full set/show.

07/18/17 (my first show)

07/18/17 (my first show)
Gracias. Centered camera is a must for Kuroda-heads like myself.

Anyone going to Vegas? Im definitely in for the weekend, although the ticket prices are out of control and I still haven't bought anything.

If I get to two shows, Ill be pretty content I think

Users who are viewing this thread