What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Phish Thread*** (2 Viewers)

Anyone got any lottery scores yet?  I think I've been shut out at Orange Beach.  

I didn't put in for anything, but seeing the normal complaining on twitter and facebook about people not getting what they wanted.

I didn't put in for anything, but seeing the normal complaining on twitter and facebook about people not getting what they wanted.
I got at least one night at Jones Beach, waiting to hear about the other. Got both nights at Bethel Woods. Still waiting on the Mann. The complaints I'm hearing is that the news comes out in drips and drabs rather than all at once. I'd agree.

Yeah, I've only done the lottery maybe 8 or 9 times, but I've always gotten good seats.  I see a lot of complaining about the people getting stuck with full price lawn tickets.  I'd ##### too.  If you plan on sitting in the lawn you might as well buy them as you walk up.  I'd hate to be stuck with nothing but lawn seats.  

Lord ticketmaster was good to me today.  Scored really good seats to all three nights at Orange Beach.   Got Thursday and Friday at ##### too.  Was hoping for Friday and Saturday, but I'm good with the ones I got.  

Blaze on people. 

Only going to one show, Sunday night at Deer Creek.  Wife and I are getting back from Denver/Red Rock that Saturday, so I'm going solo.  Plenty of pavilion options all over, had good chance for pretty low, had it in my cart and thought "I should probably get lawn so I can find some friends to hang with since I'll be by myself", so go back to get a lawn, put it in my cart, then thought "but if I can't find anyone I know, it seems like the lawn would be a weird place to be by yourself", so I go back, and only thing left in pavilion is last row.  So I grabbed it.

Only going to one show, Sunday night at Deer Creek.  Wife and I are getting back from Denver/Red Rock that Saturday, so I'm going solo.  Plenty of pavilion options all over, had good chance for pretty low, had it in my cart and thought "I should probably get lawn so I can find some friends to hang with since I'll be by myself", so go back to get a lawn, put it in my cart, then thought "but if I can't find anyone I know, it seems like the lawn would be a weird place to be by yourself", so I go back, and only thing left in pavilion is last row.  So I grabbed it.
Got both nights in Charleston.  Incredible venue, limited seating but kindof wonky dates.  In the middle of the week but whatever Phish tends to play masterpieces at weird times.

Also I have pit and it shows the entire floor (tennis court) as the GA standing only seating.  Not sure my 48 year old self can stand for 2 shows

Anyone attend the MSG shows.  Watched a few nights.  The underwater thing was incredible.
I didn't go and didn't get to watch, but I'm still in awe over pretty much anything Phish.  The aquarium thing was awesome, but just the way they play now, its still absolutely incredible.  That Ghost from night 2 has been on repeat.  

So many highlights that whole weekend. 

CDT, Tweezer, 2001...really that entire set 2 from N2. 

Something about this video just gets me.  It seems to capture everything I love about seeing Phish.   

Orange Beach is less than 30 days away!!!

We're one week out from Orange Beach.  Anyone thinking about making the trip, check out stubhub.  The people that gobble up all the tickets when they go on sale are getting destroyed right now, and I love it.  Tickets are like $6 on stubhub.  Floor tickets are less than face for all 3 nights.  

I was hoping they would make this a thing like the do with ##### on Labor day, but with this turn out I doubt they return.  It's an expensive weekend.  

We're one week out from Orange Beach.  Anyone thinking about making the trip, check out stubhub.  The people that gobble up all the tickets when they go on sale are getting destroyed right now, and I love it.  Tickets are like $6 on stubhub.  Floor tickets are less than face for all 3 nights.  

I was hoping they would make this a thing like the do with ##### on Labor day, but with this turn out I doubt they return.  It's an expensive weekend.  
going to 2 shows in Charleston in a week and half and cannot wait.  We are taking his boat over to Daniel Island to get to the show.  Its going to be nuts based on the venue pics I have seen

I'm not in the car much anymore because I WFH most of the time. When I am, I usually have WXPN in Philadelphia on. Twice in the last 10 days or so, they have played Waiting All Night when I have been in the car. 

I know Phish played the Mann recently, but, of all their catalog, why that song twice?

Anyone going to Dicks? I've never been to Dicks, but I head to Dicks tomorrow morning. Just doing the first two nights at Dicks I think. Possible will do Dicks again night 3.

So excited for Dicks!

Aside from companies that exploit their workers or ravage the environment, Ticketmaster is the worst company in this country. Wasted two hours today jumping through their poorly-designed hoops only to be shut out of tickets for New Years, except of course for their own secondary market which jacks up the prices five fold. What they do should be illegal. Both the artists and the fans should revolt. And, I know, this is exactly how it's been for decades. It's maddening.

I overbought for the MSG run. Any and all of these extras are available for face value. PM if interested:

1) Friday July 28, Section 217, row 2. A pair for $218
2) Sunday July 30, Section 417 (as if there is such a section--it is not even shown on the schematic but these will get you in the arena), A pair for $177.
3) Tuesday August 1, Section 225, row 23. I misclicked and ordered just one seat, $99.
4) Saturday, August 5, last night of the MSG run, Section 227, row 17. Four together or would split into pairs: $248 for each pair or $496 for all four.

I'm really wanting to see some of this tour but nothing in immediate area. Wife is having some medical issues and probably won't be up for traveling this summer, so I'll probably be going solo if I go.

I floated the idea about the Seattle shows this weekend to @General Malaise but was met with a less-than-enthusiastic response. That ship has probably sailed based on timing.

Anyone going to the Pittsburgh shows?

@Otis you hitting up any of the MSG shows for old times sake?

I'm really wanting to see some of this tour but nothing in immediate area. Wife is having some medical issues and probably won't be up for traveling this summer, so I'll probably be going solo if I go.

I floated the idea about the Seattle shows this weekend to @General Malaise but was met with a less-than-enthusiastic response. That ship has probably sailed based on timing.

Sorry GB. We've basically been a MASH unit since early March. So much illness between the kids and my wife. Even this fat ******* got laid out by Norovirus and I never get sick.

Ordinarily I would have jumped at the chance but now just ain't a good time. Thank you for thinking of me though! It would have been swell to attend their show together and you would LOVE Seattle.

Sorry GB. We've basically been a MASH unit since early March. So much illness between the kids and my wife. Even this fat ******* got laid out by Norovirus and I never get sick.

Ordinarily I would have jumped at the chance but now just ain't a good time. Thank you for thinking of me though! It would have been swell to attend their show together and you would LOVE Seattle.

No problem. I know it was last minute and a pipe dream.

Hollywood Bowl this weekend, going to see if I can make it all 3 nights. 3 in a row is not easy anymore. Never been to Hollywood Bowl so really psyched to be in LA for a few days. Weather should be good

Catching the open at the Greek, virtually. So stoked for Wednesday. If anyone can help me tie in to the live phish relay, I'd appreciate it.
Enjoyed the show Wednesday but today's Phish crowd and the Greek are a mess. Was all GA, folks started lining up at 10:00 a.m., tons of line skippers, people tarped off large spaces on the floor and in the seating ("bro, I've been waiting in line since 1:00 and I'm feeling really agro and I need my space to groove") , the venue probably oversold the show, it was unusually cold. Phish phan entitlement is off the charts. Different energy than 20 years ago, never mind the 90s. Off-putting enough that it might have been my last show.

As for the band, I'm not crazy about the newer songs and they find their way into the shows more and more. The newer songs feel a bit cookie-cutter with weaker lyrics, all designed to support a jam in the middle. I used to be able to enter a song midway through, hear the jam and know what song it was (YEM, PYITE, Antelope,...). Now I have no idea and I'm not sure the jam ties to the song really. Anyway, get off my lawn.

Bolded are highlights because they were either really good or personal favorites. The Tweeprise was short but Trey rocked it hard.

SET 1: I Never Needed You Like This Before, AC/DC Bag > Rift, Runaway Jim, Lawn Boy, Halley's Comet > Timber (Jerry the Mule), Winterqueen > 46 Days

SET 2: Mike's Song > Beneath a Sea of Stars Part 1 > Weekapaug Groove > Cool It Down > Set Your Soul Free > What's the Use? > Loving Cup

ENCORE: Waste > Tweezer Reprise

I like most of the newer stuff, but of course not as much as the old. I can't believe people are still bringing in tarps. But I haven't spent much time on the floor of Phish shows. A small blanket on the lawn is fine. What were people doing with tarps in the seats?

One of the worst things about Phish is the fans.

I pulled the trigger on the two Pittsburgh shows. Not sure if my wife is going to be able to make it so I could be solo. Anyone planning on going?

Hollywood Bowl this weekend, going to see if I can make it all 3 nights. 3 in a row is not easy anymore. Never been to Hollywood Bowl so really psyched to be in LA for a few days. Weather should be good

My cousin is in town for these shows. I should give her your number. She's cool as hell.

I like most of the newer stuff, but of course not as much as the old. I can't believe people are still bringing in tarps. But I haven't spent much time on the floor of Phish shows. A small blanket on the lawn is fine. What were people doing with tarps in the seats?

One of the worst things about Phish is the fans.
They would take the tarp or blanket, or anything they had, including jackets, and lay them across seats (the Greek seats are in a bowl, like an amphitheater and are essentially a long bench). Some claimed saving space for friends, some flat said they wanted more space. Baffling.

The 4/22 set at the Hollywood Bowl is close to my perfect show. Have always wanted to hear an Esther. Don't know Leaves.

SET 1​

• Ghost
  • David Bowie
  • Esther
  • Harry Hood
  • Meat
  • Split Open and Melt
  • Leaves
  • The Squirming Coil

SET 2​

• Chalk Dust Torture
  • Twist
  • Also sprach Zarathustra, op. 30
  • Sneakin' Sally Thru the Alley
  • Back on the Train
  • A Life Beyond the Dream
  • First Tube

ENCORE​

• Run Like an Antelope

Went to the Stone Pony in Asbury Park last night. Tom Marshall (lyricist) celebrating his 60th birthday. A jazz trio which includes two players who tour with Trey was booked. The buzz was palpable as most folks suspected that Trey would sit in. He and Tom are childhood friends. We were not disappointed. Trey played the entire first set. Never been within spitting distance of Big Red but there we were. So much fun,

It annoyed me each of the past 2 years, as a Watson owner. Those 2 were always in that same tier of WRs and everyone always made Dotson out to be an inevitable future WR1.

Watson has his own problems with health, but at least when he's out there, he actually has produced multiple mega games.

4 nights at the sphere in april. Gonna be tempting.
Tickets are going to be really expensive.

Its not the ticket part Im worried about. 3 days in Vegas will be very expensive unless fortune comes my way

I'm totally okay with these prices. I'm in if I can hit the lottery here. I'm even fine if I only get a night or two. I just want to see my favorite band in this place. 4 nights might be more than I can handle in Vegas.

This is gonna be nutz.

I just did pre-sale lottery for three pairs of tickets (Friday, Saturday, Sunday). If I get all six tickets the cost is just under $1200 so you do the math. It's high for Phish but low compared to what some charge for concerts (Taylor, I'm looking at you, kid). Cashed in some of my MGM Rewards to stay on the cheap at the Luxor (under $100 per night.) And now we wait.

When will we know? I want to start making some plans! I had some friends get the travel package. That honestly seems like a good deal. They were like $1500 each, got 4 floor tickets and 4 nights at a hotel. I just don't really care to do all 4 nights.

ET - I read my email...

Please make sure that your card is ready to be charged anytime between Monday, December 11th and Thursday, December 14th. All requests are subject to availability. There are no refunds or exchanges.

The status of my ticket requests for three nights in pre-sale Sphere, a microcosm of my life: unfulfilled, unfulfilled, unfulfilled. Hope yinz get better news.

Users who are viewing this thread