What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Phish Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Phish songs that are always, always good: Axilla, Divided Sky, Maze, You Enjoy Myself, Split Open and Melt. There are more of course. Just no such thing as a bad version of those tunes.

Another good show so far except for the inexplicable clamming in NICU.

Sweet, a Phish thread!!

Anyone else getting insanely excited for MEXICO next week?!?!?!?!

:pickle: :pickle: :pickle: :pickle: :pickle: :pickle: :pickle: :pickle:
Wish I could justify it...I'll let the 1 percenters enjoy Mexico.

Need a big spring tour announcement within a month or so.

Definitely not a 1 percenter, but it was certainly a big help that I got married in August...

Went to the 1/1 show at MSG. Everyone hated the setlist, but I thought they played pretty well. And I got my slave, so I was happy.

Really can't imagine what it's gonna be like in Mexico. I've been to Cancun all-inlcusives before, just never with a few thousand Phish fans :thumbup:

Will report back next week or whenever I can function normally again!

Looking forward to streaming those shows from snowy Pennsylvania at 1/100 the cost. Enjoy Mexico, those who are attending. You'll probably get Mexican Cousin, I suppose.

BOWIE opener coming Friday night!

They should really do a whole Bowie set.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately home from Mexico!

Was really an incredible weekend. Honestly, I couldn't ask for anything more.

The ultimate dream vacation for a Phish nerd like me.

If anyone has questions about the event I'd be happy to give answers.

What was the total damage $ wise for you?

Were you splashing around in the ocean during a show or jamming on the beach? :shark:

Were there Mexican drug lords doing rounds as soon as the clientele started populating the resort? :gang2:

What was the total damage $ wise for you?
A little over $2K

Let's just say it worked out really well that I got married in August...

Were you splashing around in the ocean during a show or jamming on the beach? :shark:

Were there Mexican drug lords doing rounds as soon as the clientele started populating the resort? :gang2:
I actually planned on it, but didn't end up in the ocean. I didn't even know they were letting people go in on Friday, a girl we met in the pool on Saturday told us about it. I had planned on it but especially on Sunday we had such a great spot, about 15 rows back Page Side so I didn't want to leave. I did take a stroll past just to check out the scene at one point.

As far as the drug lords, no. Mexican All-inclusives are locked up like fortresses. The only Mexicans you would have access to were the people working there. Luckily we met some extremely awesome and generous people at the bar Friday night, basically took care of the whole weekend for the 5 of us free of charge. Seemed like there was a ton of stuff going around.

....and I get to come back for a blizzard this weekend. I wanna go back.

Last edited by a moderator:
1035x1600-Lockn_LineupPoster_Final-copy.jpg

Got totally shut out for this summer. Now I am scrounging for tickets for the Mann either 6/28 or 6/29. Anyone have a pair they are looking to sell? I've got some old tapes I can send your way in addition to the ticket price. PM me if you've got my tickets! TIA.

http://www.phishrivieramaya.com/the-resorts

As a huge phish fan and dedicated follower since 93 I honestly dont know how I feel about this.  Seems like an even bigger money grab then the first time.  Announcing this far in advance with a fall tour yet to be scheduled just seems off to me.  Roughly $5000 (not including airfare) for 4 days?   Yikes phish thats steep boys.  I just dont think I can honestly justify paying that now with kids.

http://www.phishrivieramaya.com/the-resorts

As a huge phish fan and dedicated follower since 93 I honestly dont know how I feel about this.  Seems like an even bigger money grab then the first time.  Announcing this far in advance with a fall tour yet to be scheduled just seems off to me.  Roughly $5000 (not including airfare) for 4 days?   Yikes phish thats steep boys.  I just dont think I can honestly justify paying that now with kids.
Agreed. That's more than I've paid for all 60-some shows I've ever attended. And with a webcast for 20 bucks, it's an easy show to skip.

Anyone go to Wrigley??? 

Both nights looked fantastic.  I couch toured it Saturday night.  That second set is as good as it gets. 

http://phish.net/setlists/?d=2016-06-25 Saturday, 06/25/2016
Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL

Set 1: The Moma Dance, AC/DC Bag > 555, Waiting All Night, Heavy Things, Happy Birthday to You, 46 Days, I Didn't Know, Divided Sky, Cavern > Good Times Bad Times

Set 2: Carini > Tweezer > Fluffhead > Piper -> Steam > Wading in the Velvet Sea, Harry Hood > Tweezer Reprise

Encore: I Am the Walrus

Watched the second set of 6/25 at work today. Totally bomb. Great segues into Fluffhead and Steam. Just about a perfect second set. I'll be at the Mann Tuesday and hopefully Wednesday. Hopes are high.

Yeah when I saw that setlist I thought WOW.  Even end of set 1 looks great.  I saw some of Friday's show but nothing from Saturday.

From the 3 shows I have heard from this tour it sounds like phish is re-inventing themselves again.  Clean, straight forward, tight, no crazy improv jams.

Damn gotta be 20 years since my last Phish show.  Maybe it's time to take another dip in the pool. 

Perhaps the best concert I've seen, period, was Phish at CU Boulder, think it was March 1993 - right around St Pattys day? I recall (barely) green puke someplace along the line. 

Damn gotta be 20 years since my last Phish show.  Maybe it's time to take another dip in the pool. 

Perhaps the best concert I've seen, period, was Phish at CU Boulder, think it was March 1993 - right around St Pattys day? I recall (barely) green puke someplace along the line. 
I saw Santa Fe a few days later. Spring break drive down to ski Taos and Phish. Smallish place, probably not even half full. There were boxes of apples around the floor. Thought that was odd, but ended up grabbing one. Great show. One of my favorites. Sadly, no recordings exist.

I saw Santa Fe a few days later. Spring break drive down to ski Taos and Phish. Smallish place, probably not even half full. There were boxes of apples around the floor. Thought that was odd, but ended up grabbing one. Great show. One of my favorites. Sadly, no recordings exist.
This was Brach Field House - a great crowd (it was CUB after all) but so much room. I remember chillin at the front of the mezzanine / upper level to chill for a bit.

we were probably listening to tapes of Amy's Farm 1989 on our way knowing that crew. 

I went to the Portland show on Wednesday and it was a cool little indoor venue with really good sound although hot as all get out inside.

There was a vibrant lot scene out front before the show with lots of hippy crack being sold.  I searched about 30 minutes for some Molly and it seemed like people only had weed and acid.  Finally some stink baby and his girlfriend sold me a gram of Molly and we went inside.  I knew from the first taste I had been screwed and sold bunk.  I have to say that this is now multiple times at Phish shows I've been sold fake drugs and I have never run into this issue with any other band's fanbase.

Overall the show was weird, 13 songs in the first set with no extended jamming.  The second set was better and while the band sounds good they seem to be playing it very safe.  There also seems to be some tension between them but perhaps the negative vibe of getting screwed yet again outside a Phish show had me looking for things that were not all the way there.

Baloney Sandwich said:
I went to the Portland show on Wednesday and it was a cool little indoor venue with really good sound although hot as all get out inside.

There was a vibrant lot scene out front before the show with lots of hippy crack being sold.  I searched about 30 minutes for some Molly and it seemed like people only had weed and acid.  Finally some stink baby and his girlfriend sold me a gram of Molly and we went inside.  I knew from the first taste I had been screwed and sold bunk.  I have to say that this is now multiple times at Phish shows I've been sold fake drugs and I have never run into this issue with any other band's fanbase.

Overall the show was weird, 13 songs in the first set with no extended jamming.  The second set was better and while the band sounds good they seem to be playing it very safe.  There also seems to be some tension between them but perhaps the negative vibe of getting screwed yet again outside a Phish show had me looking for things that were not all the way there.
No, it's not just you. The band had been off-center for several gigs now. I saw them at the Mann (sober) for two nights and the 2nd show was weird too. Very slow tempos on some songs, very odd song placement and generally off. I've heard most of the SPAC webcasts and it has just gotten worse. I'm hoping its just a mid-life crisis of sorts and not a significant rift in the band. Many people, myself included, are worried about them especially considering how epic 2015 was.

I haven't listened to any of the shows this tour yet and am going to hit up the shows in Colorado a bit concerned with what you guys have said.  Looked at the setlists and thought they looked interesting especially the last two at mann and  CT.  

After an up and (mostly) down summer tour, it looks like we are going to get a FALL TOUR this year and it will have two legs!

10/14 North Charleston Coliseum, North Charleston, SC 
10/15 North Charleston Coliseum, North Charleston, SC 
10/18 Municipal Auditorium or Ascend Amphitheater, Nashville, TN
10/19 Municipal Auditorium or Ascend Amphitheater, Nashville, TN
10/21 Verizon Wireless Amphitheater at Encore Park, Alpharetta, GA
10/22 Verizon Wireless Amphitheater at Encore Park, Alpharetta, GA
10/23 Tuscaloosa Amphitheatre, Tuscaloosa, AL
10/25 Verizon Theatre at Grand Prairie, Grand Prairie, TX 
10/28 MGM Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas, NV
10/29 MGM Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas, NV
10/30 MGM Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas, NV

11/3 UIC Pavilion, Chicago, IL or State Farm Center, Champaign, IL, OR Wells Fargo Center, Des Moines, IA
11/4 UIC Pavilion, Chicago, IL or State Farm Center, Champaign, IL, OR 
(11/5 UIC Pavilion, Chicago, IL) 
11/8 Royal Farms Arena, Baltimore, MD OR Bob Carpenter Center, Newark, DE
11/9 Bryce Jordan Center, State College, PA OR Royal Farms Arena, Baltimore, MD
11/11 TBD
11/12 TBD
(11/13 TBD)
11/15 Alumni Arena, Buffalo, NY
11/16 Utica Memorial Auditorium, Utica, NY OR OnCenter, Syracuse, NY
11/18 UMASS Mullins Center, OR DCU Center, Worcester, MA, OR Webster Bank Arena, Bridgeport, CT
11/19 UMASS Mullins Center, Amherst, MA OR DCU Center, Worcester, MA
11/20 UMASS Mullins Center, Amherst, MA (OR Webster Bank Arena, Bridgeport, CT)

Another nugget, just saw this today.. Phans travel the furthest to see the band.  Suck it Garth Brooks.
http://www.newser.com/story/228717/musicians-whose-fans-travel-the-farthest.html

After an up and (mostly) down summer tour, it looks like we are going to get a FALL TOUR this year and it will have two legs!

10/14 North Charleston Coliseum, North Charleston, SC 
10/15 North Charleston Coliseum, North Charleston, SC 
10/18 Municipal Auditorium or Ascend Amphitheater, Nashville, TN
10/19 Municipal Auditorium or Ascend Amphitheater, Nashville, TN
10/21 Verizon Wireless Amphitheater at Encore Park, Alpharetta, GA
10/22 Verizon Wireless Amphitheater at Encore Park, Alpharetta, GA
10/23 Tuscaloosa Amphitheatre, Tuscaloosa, AL
10/25 Verizon Theatre at Grand Prairie, Grand Prairie, TX 
10/28 MGM Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas, NV
10/29 MGM Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas, NV
10/30 MGM Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas, NV

11/3 UIC Pavilion, Chicago, IL or State Farm Center, Champaign, IL, OR Wells Fargo Center, Des Moines, IA
11/4 UIC Pavilion, Chicago, IL or State Farm Center, Champaign, IL, OR 
(11/5 UIC Pavilion, Chicago, IL) 
11/8 Royal Farms Arena, Baltimore, MD OR Bob Carpenter Center, Newark, DE
11/9 Bryce Jordan Center, State College, PA OR Royal Farms Arena, Baltimore, MD
11/11 TBD
11/12 TBD
(11/13 TBD)
11/15 Alumni Arena, Buffalo, NY
11/16 Utica Memorial Auditorium, Utica, NY OR OnCenter, Syracuse, NY
11/18 UMASS Mullins Center, OR DCU Center, Worcester, MA, OR Webster Bank Arena, Bridgeport, CT
11/19 UMASS Mullins Center, Amherst, MA OR DCU Center, Worcester, MA
11/20 UMASS Mullins Center, Amherst, MA (OR Webster Bank Arena, Bridgeport, CT)

Another nugget, just saw this today.. Phans travel the furthest to see the band.  Suck it Garth Brooks.
http://www.newser.com/story/228717/musicians-whose-fans-travel-the-farthest.html
I'm calling shenanigans.

Unfortunately the fall 2nd leg rumors ended up being just rumors.. Did pretty well with the shows they did announce, hopefully a second leg is announced because there was a lot of smoke to those dates I posted.. 

10/14 North Charleston Coliseum, North Charleston, SC10/15 North Charleston Coliseum, North Charleston, SC10/16 Veterans Memorial Arena, Jacksonville, FL10/18 Ascend Amphitheater, Nashville, TN10/19 Ascend Amphitheater, Nashville, TN10/21 Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre at Encore Park, Alpharetta, GA10/22 Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre at Encore Park, Alpharetta, GA10/24 Verizon Theatre at Grand Prairie, Grand Prairie, TX10/25 Verizon Theatre at Grand Prairie, Grand Prairie, TX10/28 MGM Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas, NV10/29 MGM Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas, NV10/30 MGM Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas, NV10/31 MGM Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas, NV

I'm not buying the second leg just yet. 

Put me down for the 2 ATL shows.  Wish I could check out for a week and do Nashville and ATL.  Damn kids.

First ever show in Jacksonville? Should work pretty well, as there is nothing there really to inhibit the party. That downtown is a wasteland. Horribly mismanaged city.

Two in Big D! Woot. 
Hopefully the bring it a little better than the last time time the brought it to big D  :scared:

First ever show in Jacksonville? Should work pretty well, as there is nothing there really to inhibit the party. That downtown is a wasteland. Horribly mismanaged city.
Yes it is.. 

Sunday deadline for phish tickets by mail http://tickets.phish.com/

Anyone else going to be doing Hampton for Leg 2? 

Users who are viewing this thread