What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Phish Thread*** (4 Viewers)

Glad you like it, don't wanna rain on anyone's parade!

Can't believe Vegas is in two weeks....anyone got a costume idea?

I never have good costumes.

Glad you like it, don't wanna rain on anyone's parade!

Can't believe Vegas is in two weeks....anyone got a costume idea?

I never have good costumes.
Congrats on baby Skoo homie, I have a 2 year old and in the next couple of weeks number 2 is coming so no chance I'm getting to Halloween. Enjoy it man!  Did you go in 2014?  I wasn't at that one....was actually at the Primus show at the Beacon cause kid number 1 was close to coming... but that run was bananas.  Wished I was at that one.  I've only been to 2013 when they did the Fuego album.   Anyways, I always wanted to do the Armenian man from Esther.  Dress up almost like a circus ring leader and walk around with a bucket with a puppet / doll in it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on baby Skoo homie, I have a 2 year old and in the next couple of weeks number 2 is coming so no chance I'm getting to Halloween. Enjoy it man!  Did you go in 2014?  I wasn't at that one....was actually at the Primus show at the Beacon cause kid number 1 was close to coming... but that run was bananas.  Wished I was at that one.  I've only been to 2013 when they did the Fuego album.   Anyways, I always wanted to do the Armenian man from Esther.  Dress up almost like a circus ring leader and walk around with a bucket with a puppet / doll in it. 
Thanks man I really appreciate it. Found out about the baby right before Vegas went onsale, the wife is cool enough to let me go with one of my buddies from college. This will actually be my 3rd Halloween, I was at both of the AC shows. (from the Philly area)

So I heard Fuego and Little Feat. Nothing against Little Feat, but I'm selfishly hoping for an album I know this time around. Either way, I'm sure it will be an experience!

• Smile
Reactions: Neo
I hear you Skoo, I was a little disappointed with Fuego but appreciated the gesture by the band though.  I just pulled Night 2 section 211....really nice section.  Sweet. 

Well done! Was just trying for NYE since the wife has never been, gonna keep plugging away for singles though a few always seem to leak out over the first hour of onsale.

Oh and btw congrats on the new little one Neo!

• Smile
Summer tour stunk but I'm optimistic that with the fall tour they could be slaying it by the time they get to Vegas, and hopefully that continues through NYE.

When they don't do a fall tour and then hit MSG for NYE, they always seem to come out flat because they haven't played a show in months. These days the band needs to be playing together frequently or they lose the mojo IMO.

Not the best show song wise last night but holy crap they were tight as hell.  Had a blast.

Question to my phish brethren, how did the entire colessum know they were going to play good times/bad times as an encore?  What did I miss.  As soon as they walked on stage for the encore all of the groups around me were screaming for that song. 

• Smile
Not the best show song wise last night but holy crap they were tight as hell.  Had a blast.

Question to my phish brethren, how did the entire colessum know they were going to play good times/bad times as an encore?  What did I miss.  As soon as they walked on stage for the encore all of the groups around me were screaming for that song. 

Hmm, I have no idea on this one. 

Is it crazy to think a Gamhendge set might be in the works tonight? 

A very quick review of the sets so far this tour and AC/DC Bag is the only Gamehendge song thats been played. 

Either way...I doubt I can stay up to stream it :sadbanana:

They played Wilson a couple days ago so unlikely for Gamehendge tonight but we'll probably get a Col Forbin/Mockingbird and/or Lizards.

I'll go out on a limb to call for a Magical Mystery Tour cover album. I used to think they'd never do it because of "I am the Walrus" but since it entered rotation this summer, I've been jonesing for this possibility.

jb1020 said:
Is it crazy to think a Gamhendge set might be in the works tonight? 

A very quick review of the sets so far this tour and AC/DC Bag is the only Gamehendge song thats been played. 

Either way...I doubt I can stay up to stream it :sadbanana:
A Bowie album would seem to be the obvious call...Scary Monsters (And Super Creeps)

• Smile
Anyone here catch NYE where Phish opened for TAB? 

Kidding.  I couch toured and thought the whole gag was spectacular.  I've notified the wife that NYE in NYC is officially on my bucket list.  She's down too.  She's been a very casual Phish fan for 15 years now but has always like Panic more.  The tide turned the other night for her.  I think her exact words were, "these guys make Panic look like a bunch of lazy old guys."

Kidding.  I couch toured and thought the whole gag was spectacular.  I've notified the wife that NYE in NYC is officially on my bucket list.  She's down too.  She's been a very casual Phish fan for 15 years now but has always like Panic more.  The tide turned the other night for her.  I think her exact words were, "these guys make Panic look like a bunch of lazy old guys."

It was absolutely amazing. 

Funny you mention bucket list, the only reason I ended up going is that my wife has become a "real" phan in the last year or so, and kept talking about how she wanted to see NYE at MSG, that it was now on her bucket list. The only NYE I've been to before was back in '02 for the first comeback.

Security was pretty ruthless, but we knew that going in and planned accordingly. The gag was so freaking cool. We were up in the 200s and for a while I couldn't even make out the band, buried under all those dog/cat balloons. The whole thing was so surreal and fun. 

People complained about the 3rd set getting Big Boat'd, but my wife had a great point about that. They were trying to showcase the Big Boat songs, especially Petrichor in the best way they could; ie with the extra drummer and horns. When Petrichor peaked with "And the rain...", and the rain started up again, it was insanely beautiful. I must admit I wasn't on board with that song until I heard it live in Vegas.

Full circle at MSG for me and the wife this year. Started there on 1/1, finished on 12/31. Went to 12 shows this year, which is by far the most ever for me. Sure as hell never expected that to happen at age 34, but I guess that's what happens when the wife finally gets on board!

See you all at MSG this summer for the baker's dozen!*

*fingers crossed

I couldn't imagine being there.  It was surreal to watch the stream! 

Phish doesn't make it easy for a guy in Mississippi to catch many shows, but we're definitely hitting up something this year.  She's already okay'ed NYE and she said to pick another off the wall weekend and we'd make a trip out of it.  She got hooked the other night.  It was refreshing. 

Tell your wife to listen to the Panic NYE in Nashville, great show.

It was absolutely amazing. 

Funny you mention bucket list, the only reason I ended up going is that my wife has become a "real" phan in the last year or so, and kept talking about how she wanted to see NYE at MSG, that it was now on her bucket list. The only NYE I've been to before was back in '02 for the first comeback.

Security was pretty ruthless, but we knew that going in and planned accordingly. The gag was so freaking cool. We were up in the 200s and for a while I couldn't even make out the band, buried under all those dog/cat balloons. The whole thing was so surreal and fun. 

People complained about the 3rd set getting Big Boat'd, but my wife had a great point about that. They were trying to showcase the Big Boat songs, especially Petrichor in the best way they could; ie with the extra drummer and horns. When Petrichor peaked with "And the rain...", and the rain started up again, it was insanely beautiful. I must admit I wasn't on board with that song until I heard it live in Vegas.

Full circle at MSG for me and the wife this year. Started there on 1/1, finished on 12/31. Went to 12 shows this year, which is by far the most ever for me. Sure as hell never expected that to happen at age 34, but I guess that's what happens when the wife finally gets on board!

See you all at MSG this summer for the baker's dozen!*

*fingers crossed
What's the best part about the live shows. Watching YouTube videos seems like they just stand around (and make cool music)

tommyboy said:
What's the best part about the live shows. Watching YouTube videos seems like they just stand around (and make cool music)
In a way I don't know how to describe because they are easily one of my favorites ever, it's not even the band.  Well maybe it is the band, I don't know, but my buddy summed it up great...he's a VERY casual fan and we took him to the last show at Blossom which was his first Phish show.  He said the best part was the amazing atmosphere within the pavilion, where it was like one big non stop party where you knew everyone and everyone was just dialed into the band.  I thought about a few of the special moments during the show, like Tweezer Reprise to end a fantastic 2nd set rather than in the encore per the norm, and he was exactly right.   

Baloney Sandwich said:
Tell your wife to listen to the Panic NYE in Nashville, great show.
We've both been to over 100 panic shows, seen probably 7-8 New Years runs.  We still love them, don't get me wrong.  Panic just kind of seems tired and like they're just going thru the motions.  

Phish just seems to be blowing them out of the water these days. 

Panic wasn't even out on stage at midnight, phish was neck deep in cats and dogs while a broadway performance was going on around them. 

13-night summer run at MSG just announced. Time to do some math: could the band perform the entire run without repeating a song? My intuition says it is possible, but it would be quite the feat. From the band:

We're excited to announce The Baker's Dozen, a 13-night run at New York City's Madison Square Garden, beginning Friday, July 21 through Sunday, August 6. The Baker's Dozen brings the band's total performances at The Garden to 52 in the years since their December of 1994 venue debut.

Tickets to the The Baker's Dozen will be available as a 13-show package for the price of 12, or as individual nights. An online ticket request period for individual tickets and Baker's Dozen packages is underway now at http://tickets.phish.com/ through Sunday, February 12 at 11:59 pm ET. Remaining tickets will go on sale to the general public beginning February 17 at Noon ET.  As with Phish’s most recent runs at The Garden, all floor tickets will be General Admission. Travel packages are also available (include tickets, hotel, etc.) at http://bit.ly/2kctydq.

The band will not be touring this Fall.

PHISH - THE BAKER'S DOZEN
MADISON SQUARE GARDEN, NEW YORK, NY

Friday, July 21
Saturday, July 22
Sunday, July 23
Tuesday, July 25
Wednesday, July 26
Friday, July 28
Saturday, July 29
Sunday, July 30
Tuesday, August 1
Wednesday, August 2
Friday, August 4
Saturday, August 5
Sunday, August 6

Also, just noticed that Big Boat is their 13th album. One full album each night? A two-week retrospective of their career? I doubt it but 13 is an odd number to choose for the length of the run.

I think at this point in their career they are doing this to just try something different.  They know they will sell out the bulk of the shows and I think the above poster is right, they are going to have some "angle" to keep this many shows in one place fresh.  If they start off night one playing Junta then all hell is going to break loose. 

I am supposed to go to Vegas right in the middle of the shows so now I am maybe rethinking those plans.   A lot of people are assuming there is going to be a long hiatus after this run.

I'd be rather surprised if they repeat a song to be honest.  Between their material, covers, breaking out new covers, and the ability to soak up 20+ minutes at a time...seems pretty doable to me without attempting any math...but I agree in that there will be some sort of hook between all the shows.  The one album per night thing is interesting.

Sounds silly to me....

Gonna assume tickets will be real easy to get compared to a 4 night NYE run.... I'll just play it by ear with tickets...

Sounds silly to me....

Gonna assume tickets will be real easy to get compared to a 4 night NYE run.... I'll just play it by ear with tickets...
I think tix will be incredibly easy unless they show they are slowly building up to something a la the albums but even then I dont think you would get shut out of any particular show.

Also, just noticed that Big Boat is their 13th album. One full album each night? A two-week retrospective of their career? I doubt it but 13 is an odd number to choose for the length of the run.
Not saying the album thing is not happening, but they've been talking about doing the baker's dozen for a few years now.

Can't wait. Baby Skoo is due in April and these will be my wife's first shows back.

Hope to see some of you there!

Sounds silly to me....

Well, silly is kind of their thing, though I'm not sure what sounds silly about it. Sounds like a dream tour for touring musicians who are surely sick of going on the road. Just setting up camp in a place in whatever neighborhood of NYC suits your taste and not having to get on the RV or fly or anything? It sounds ideal. The GD used to do long runs at MSG every fall. There was a nine night run in 88. Other six night runs. It's New York, the crowds will be there and those who travel will be thrilled to do it.

The album angle would leave an entire set to play covers and other stuff.. None of those albums is anywhere close to show length. They would need to mix it up the order too.

I would love to see Junta, Lawn Boy, Nectur, or Rift performed, as that is when I was seeing them and that is still the material I like best. Less so Hoist, Billy Breathes, and Ghost. Not at all anything since.

Well, silly is kind of their thing, though I'm not sure what sounds silly about it. Sounds like a dream tour for touring musicians who are surely sick of going on the road. Just setting up camp in a place in whatever neighborhood of NYC suits your taste and not having to get on the RV or fly or anything? It sounds ideal. The GD used to do long runs at MSG every fall. There was a nine night run in 88. Other six night runs. It's New York, the crowds will be there and those who travel will be thrilled to do it.
I agree, also the Allmans had incredible success at the Beacon.

But yeah its going to be fun speculating on how they are going to play this.  Albums? cover albums?  Guests etc.  Knowing phish I dont think there is any way they play 13 shows without a hook or some elaborate gag. 

Damn I am trying to figure out what to do about vegas

I agree, also the Allmans had incredible success at the Beacon.

But yeah its going to be fun speculating on how they are going to play this.  Albums? cover albums?  Guests etc.  Knowing phish I dont think there is any way they play 13 shows without a hook or some elaborate gag. 

Damn I am trying to figure out what to do about vegas
Yeah, I've done the Allman's - it was usually in March...

Guess I'd just rather be outside in July but, I'll be there.... lol

I'd be rather surprised if they repeat a song to be honest.  Between their material, covers, breaking out new covers, and the ability to soak up 20+ minutes at a time...seems pretty doable to me without attempting any math...but I agree in that there will be some sort of hook between all the shows.  The one album per night thing is interesting.
Taken out of context to a non-Phish fan, say, this is an incredible statement. I mean we are talking about the prospect of a band playing upwards of 200 songs in the span of two weeks, and not easy songs, without a repeat? It would be an epic feat and deserving of high praise.

I am notoriously horrible at predicting what the band will do, but just imagine the build-up if they decide to perform one album per night but they begin with their most recent (Big Boat) implying that the final show would be Junta. Most night's tickets would indeed be easy to score but the expectations for that final night (with a Harpua possibility, taboot) would be off the charts. Color me intrigued.

Users who are viewing this thread