What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Phish Thread*** (3 Viewers)

Wife is hanging by Will Call all afternoon and evening trying to get in as someone’s guest. She is somewhat pessimistic but I think there is a decent chance she gets in. And we expect a special show.
I wouldn't be totally pessimistic.  Tuesday night show, plus its such a hard ticket to get should cut down on a lot of people just showing up.  Maybe...there are probably 10,000 people there now.  good luck!  

Dang it I just saw that Livephish will not have video of the show.  What gives with that?
I think this is some sort of Sirius XM event.  

Hitting Charleston on sat.  Had to stubhub tix for $230.  It is what it is. 

Also got MSG tix that I am hoping show up in the mail shortly
Thats pure insanity, but I get it.  I looked a few weeks ago hoping to maybe drive over for the Saturday show and they were $250.  I gotta draw the line somewhere...or make more money.  

Other than feeling sleazy for a while it really has gotten to the point where I'd consider putting a request in for any show I might could make it too.  Something happens and you can't make it slap that baby on stubhub and make some cash.   Otherwise you have to have plans set in stone, then get lucky with the phish pre-sale to have a face value ticket.  Why not gamble and see what you can get in the pre-sale.  If you can make it work, great.  If not, you're sitting on a great investment.   There is next to no risk of not being able to unload your ticket for you paid anymore.

Just considering...

There should be a way to track these people.  Like if you buy tickets directly from Phish and that same ticket is sold on stubhub you should be banned from buying tickets directly from Phish.  Or just not be eligible for the phish pre-sale.  

Wife is hanging by Will Call all afternoon and evening trying to get in as someone’s guest. She is somewhat pessimistic but I think there is a decent chance she gets in. And we expect a special show.
Update: wife got in. Early feedback is that this will indeed be a special show. They sound good on XM so far.

pecorino said:
Update: wife got in. Early feedback is that this will indeed be a special show. They sound good on XM so far.
Thats so cool.   I did see on twitter they released more tickets at the box office.   Is that how she got it?  

Anyone else at MSG tonight? Still abuzz from the 12/30/19 throw down, especially the Tweezer which is a must-listen. Happy New Year, everyone!

So, Trey getting stuck.  Gag or real?
Absolutely not staged. He was very uneasy and played from his knees for stretches. There was a long pause after Sand, like, now what? And Trey essentially said the show must go on. The band didn’t exit the stage before encore. Trey just said: pretend we left the stage and now it’s the encore. It was unsettling but ended up being cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely not staged. He was very uneasy and played from his knees for stretches. There was a long pause after Sand, like, now what? And Trey essentially said the show must go on. The band didn’t exit the stage before encore. Trey just said: pretend we left the stage and now it’s the encore. It was unsettling but ended up being cool.
I thought it was part of the gag the whole time.  The 7 minute pause should have tipped me off, but it didn't.  

NYE was pretty good, but I don;t think it was one of their better "gags" and it looks like I'm in the minority there.  Feels like they left a song out too.  Feels like there should have been a song before Tweezer Reprise?  Still fun, and I'd love to make it someday.  

Couch toured 12/30 and NYE and 12/30 was great.  

Saw something that said how the dancers/singers did a bunch of things on the fly because that was not a gag.

I don't think most of the camera views we had did them justice after seeing some of the social media photos....I think they put on a good show, I just don't think I saw enough of it.

PHISH SUMMER TOUR 2020

07/14 Matthew Knight Arena, Eugene, OR
07/15 Matthew Knight Arena, Eugene, OR
07/17 Gorge Amphitheatre, George, WA
07/18 Gorge Amphitheatre, George, WA
07/19 Gorge Amphitheatre, George, WA
07/21 Lake Tahoe Outdoor Arena at Harveys, Stateline, NV
07/22 Lake Tahoe Outdoor Arena at Harveys, Stateline, NV
07/24 The Forum, Inglewood, CA
07/25 Chase Center, San Francisco, CA
07/26 Chase Center, San Francisco, CA
07/29 Walmart AMP, Rogers, AR
07/31 Oak Mountain Amphitheatre, Pelham, AL
08/01 Piedmont Park, Atlanta, GA
08/02 Piedmont Park, Atlanta, GA
08/04 Ascend Amphitheater, Nashville, TN
08/05 Ascend Amphitheater, Nashville, TN
08/07 Ruoff Music Center, Noblesville, IN
08/08 Ruoff Music Center, Noblesville, IN
08/09 Ruoff Music Center, Noblesville, IN
08/11 Giant Center, Hershey, PA
08/12 Giant Center, Hershey, PA
08/14 Atlantic City Beach, Atlantic City, NJ
08/15 Atlantic City Beach, Atlantic City, NJ
08/16 Atlantic City Beach, Atlantic City, NJ
09/04 ****’S Sporting Goods Park, Commerce City, CO
09/05 ****’S Sporting Goods Park, Commerce City, CO
09/06 ****’S Sporting Goods Park, Commerce City, CO

If all my vacation days weren’t spoken for every year with family trips, this is where I’d spend 2 weeks:  

07/17 Gorge Amphitheatre, George, WA
07/18 Gorge Amphitheatre, George, WA
07/19 Gorge Amphitheatre, George, WA
07/21 Lake Tahoe Outdoor Arena at Harveys, Stateline, NV
07/22 Lake Tahoe Outdoor Arena at Harveys, Stateline, NV
07/24 The Forum, Inglewood, CA
07/25 Chase Center, San Francisco, CA
07/26 Chase Center, San Francisco, CA

Epic outdoor locations, then indoors in LA in a venue where the sound is phenomenal, then two nights closing it down in the most beautiful city in our country.  Someday. 

Atlanta is always the obvious choice for me, but I don't know about Piedmont Park?  The setting worries me.   I'm old and pretty picky though.  I like an amphitheater setting where the sound is typically great and the views should be decent.  

Oak Mt and Nashville are going to be what I target this time.  

Anyone know if its better to request a 2 night ticket in the lottery or just request each night individually?  

Atlanta is always the obvious choice for me, but I don't know about Piedmont Park?  The setting worries me.   I'm old and pretty picky though.  I like an amphitheater setting where the sound is typically great and the views should be decent.  

Oak Mt and Nashville are going to be what I target this time.  
Yeah dude I am passing on that.  Its just a giant field  plus there is a hard curfew and a 6pm start.  That just doesnt sound appealing at all. 

About $700 is pending on my CC.  Think I made it boys!!!  

Now I'm sure I'll get a flyer about my kids having a camp or something that week.  

ETA: I lied...not sure what the hell I thought I saw this morning.   No holds, though they should be coming out soon.  

Covid Couch Tour (or Dinner and a Movie as they call it) was rather splendid last night with the #### Your Face show from 2012.  Gordon has some serious chops....Fish, Trey and Page all watching him during Emotional Rescue was awesome, great camera shots.

Covid Couch Tour (or Dinner and a Movie as they call it) was rather splendid last night with the #### Your Face show from 2012.  Gordon has some serious chops....Fish, Trey and Page all watching him during Emotional Rescue was awesome, great camera shots.
I watched it and it was awesome.  Def a mike show.  He was crushing it during YEM.  This band is so awesome on so many levels.

So dumb internet speculation that this is all leading up to a barn concert being streamed later.  I doubt it happens but wouldnt put anything past the band at this point.  If they do then obviously a Dinner and movie opener

I watched it and it was awesome.  Def a mike show.  He was crushing it during YEM.  This band is so awesome on so many levels.

So dumb internet speculation that this is all leading up to a barn concert being streamed later.  I doubt it happens but wouldnt put anything past the band at this point.  If they do then obviously a Dinner and movie opener
Barn show would be so awesome, but I think its a pretty far fetched idea.  

Barn show would be so awesome, but I think its a pretty far fetched idea.  
On the surface I agree but then again I thought playing 13 nights at MSG with no repeats was far fetched, I thought playing a festival in the everglades and in northern Maine was far fetched so nothing surprises me anymore with this band.  They are creative thinkers and love to please the fans.

While its looking like summer tour is cancelled they probably will be itching to play in some capacity

Up next, a Merriweather monster 7/27/14. Can’t be late to this one, folks!

SET 1: Fee[1], The Curtain With, 46 Days, 555, My Sweet One, Sand, Bouncing Around the Room, Saw It Again > Fuego, You Enjoy Myself

SET 2: Wilson > Tweezer -> Back on the Train -> Tweezer -> Back on the Train -> Tweezer > Waiting All Night, Free -> Tweezer -> Simple -> Tweezer -> Free > Catapult > Slave to the Traffic Light -> Down with Disease -> NICU -> Jam -> Hold Your Head Up -> Jennifer Dances -> Hold Your Head Up, I Been Around

ENCORE: Boogie On Reggae Woman > Tweezer Reprise

[1] Trey sang verses through megaphone.

Up next, a Merriweather monster 7/27/14. Can’t be late to this one, folks!

SET 1: Fee[1], The Curtain With, 46 Days, 555, My Sweet One, Sand, Bouncing Around the Room, Saw It Again > Fuego, You Enjoy Myself

SET 2: Wilson > Tweezer -> Back on the Train -> Tweezer -> Back on the Train -> Tweezer > Waiting All Night, Free -> Tweezer -> Simple -> Tweezer -> Free > Catapult > Slave to the Traffic Light -> Down with Disease -> NICU -> Jam -> Hold Your Head Up -> Jennifer Dances -> Hold Your Head Up, I Been Around

ENCORE: Boogie On Reggae Woman > Tweezer Reprise

[1] Trey sang verses through megaphone.
damn, that set looks great.  anywhere to still watch this or did i miss it?

Sigma Oasis is going to be a joke....Its gonna be the concert at the Barn tonight @pantherclub!!!! 

I actually think its legit.  Never really looked forward to a Phish CD release...tonight is different.  Can not wait.
I thought it may be a joke and end up being a live stream, but then I can't imagine they would be getting a crew together and playing together under the current situation.  

shuke said:
I thought it may be a joke and end up being a live stream, but then I can't imagine they would be getting a crew together and playing together under the current situation.  
How hard would it be?  From the pics of the barn it has a huge rehearsal space.  They wouldnt more than one person on sound would they?  I think its a gag and not a concert but if they wanted to do it they certainly could.  Dont they all have residences in vermont?

How hard would it be?  From the pics of the barn it has a huge rehearsal space.  They wouldnt more than one person on sound would they?  I think its a gag and not a concert but if they wanted to do it they certainly could.  Dont they all have residences in vermont?
Knowing them, I don't think they'd want to give the impression that they're not taking the social distancing thing seriously.  Just my opinion.

Knowing them, I don't think they'd want to give the impression that they're not taking the social distancing thing seriously.  Just my opinion.
I just watched the video chat again and man there are a ton of inside jokes and little nuggets that seem out of place.  Going to be fun

Reverse engineering at its finest. I don’t remember Thread (4 times) and Leaves (3 times) being played live. Will have to go track them down. 

Reverse engineering at its finest. I don’t remember Thread (4 times) and Leaves (3 times) being played live. Will have to go track them down. 
Thread sounds amazing.  A lot like Rage against the machine.  Very rocking.   And yeah I dont remember leaves at all. 

I love this band

Thread sounds amazing.  A lot like Rage against the machine.  Very rocking.   And yeah I dont remember leaves at all. 

I love this band
I can see that....thought it had solid potential listening last night. Part of me thinks I’ve heard it once before lol

Interesting about Thread.  I feel like I've seen it live couch touring at least twice.  Never heard of Leaves. 

Users who are viewing this thread