What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL**** TOP CHEF THREAD (1 Viewer)

to whoever edited the first post to reveal the final three:

I HATE YOU

had it on TiVo to watch when i get home

thanks for posting the spoiler info....

not cool
Agreed. Can we please not update the title after the Finale until at least the beginning of next week?I just cannot understand how Lisa made it this far. She's been on the chopping block seemingly every week, but has hung around. Dale, Antonia, and Spike seemed much more deserving.

I think Richard is the best chef of the finalists, but I think there's a very good chance that Stephanie takes it. I know the producers are probably hoping that Stephanie does well, because I'm sure they'd love to have a woman win it. She's definitely close in talent, so if it's close I expect she'd win. Lisa is going to be exposed for the hack that she is (relative to the others).

Good for Steph, would have been happy with her or Richard :thumbup:
Lisa just cooking the kobe for a minute more away from winning the thing. Almost looked like she was robbed.
I think Lisa stepped up her game here in the final, and it was REAL close between her and Steph tonight, but I think they looked back and saw how Steph had dominated Lisa all season long, and that pushed Steph over the edgeWell deserved, IMOShe was an excellent, consistent competitor all season long and came out with two of the best 3 first dishesAnd honestly, dessert should not be part of this final, IMOThat's why God created pastry chefs

Good for Steph, would have been happy with her or Richard :thumbup:
Lisa just cooking the kobe for a minute more away from winning the thing. Almost looked like she was robbed.
I think Lisa stepped up her game here in the final, and it was REAL close between her and Steph tonight, but I think they looked back and saw how Steph had dominated Lisa all season long, and that pushed Steph over the edgeWell deserved, IMOShe was an excellent, consistent competitor all season long and came out with two of the best 3 first dishesAnd honestly, dessert should not be part of this final, IMOThat's why God created pastry chefs
Dish 1 seemed close and it looked like Lisa's 2nd dish crushed steph because of the raw leeks. Steph won the 3rd dish but by how much? Lisa clearly crushed everyone with dessert. I hear you about Steph having a huge advantage in terms of the overall season but I thought it was just based on the meal and nothing else?Shocking how close she came and even more shocking how Richard wasn't close to being a factor.

Great finish to a great show.

I read today that they are coming out with Top Chef Junior sometime in the near future also.

Anyone bought the Top Chef Cookbook? I bought it for my wife for Mother's Day. It has a lot of recipes from the first 3 seasons as well as insight into the show.

If Richard doesn't win this thing, it will be a travesty of a sham of a mockery of a traveshmockery. Cooking skills 1000x better than anyone, great personality and ability to talk to people, can lead a team like nobody's business, and he GIVES AWAY a win tonight? They'd might as well shut it down now.
Stephanie going to take this down. Chi-town represent.
Richard wins this season easily. PM me if you would like to make a wager.
Stephanie will take it down. What kind of odds you offering since you think Richard is a lock?
+$140
:lmao:
OK, here's my offer:if Stephanie wins, you pay me $30

if Richard wins, I'll pay you $20

if someone else wins, no action

LMK
done
:mellow:

Last edited by a moderator:
Dish 1 seemed close and it looked like Lisa's 2nd dish crushed steph because of the raw leeks. Steph won the 3rd dish but by how much? Lisa clearly crushed everyone with dessert. I hear you about Steph having a huge advantage in terms of the overall season but I thought it was just based on the meal and nothing else?Shocking how close she came and even more shocking how Richard wasn't close to being a factor.
Lisa had no chance, IMO. Her personality/attitude sucks and she was one of the weakest chefs throughout the entire season. She didn't even belong in the final 3. Would have been ridiculous if they gave it to her based on a couple lucky dishes at the end. Stephanie and Richard were clearly the best of the bunch throughout the season and Stephanie came through with some great and surprising dishes when it mattered most.

Dish 1 seemed close and it looked like Lisa's 2nd dish crushed steph because of the raw leeks. Steph won the 3rd dish but by how much? Lisa clearly crushed everyone with dessert. I hear you about Steph having a huge advantage in terms of the overall season but I thought it was just based on the meal and nothing else?

Shocking how close she came and even more shocking how Richard wasn't close to being a factor.
Lisa had no chance, IMO. Her personality/attitude sucks and she was one of the weakest chefs throughout the entire season. She didn't even belong in the final 3. Would have been ridiculous if they gave it to her based on a couple lucky dishes at the end. Stephanie and Richard were clearly the best of the bunch throughout the season and Stephanie came through with some great and surprising dishes when it mattered most.
I agree that steph and richard were clearly the top two all season but wasn't the winner simply the one who cooked the best meal that night. The judges were all talking about having their preference about which meal they liked most, Padma even said "based on that meal...". If they gave a big prize for 2nd place Lisa wins it for sure, no?

Dish 1 seemed close and it looked like Lisa's 2nd dish crushed steph because of the raw leeks. Steph won the 3rd dish but by how much? Lisa clearly crushed everyone with dessert. I hear you about Steph having a huge advantage in terms of the overall season but I thought it was just based on the meal and nothing else?

Shocking how close she came and even more shocking how Richard wasn't close to being a factor.
I agree that steph and richard were clearly the top two all season but wasn't the winner simply the one who cooked the best meal that night. The judges were all talking about having their preference about which meal they liked most, Padma even said "based on that meal...". If they gave a big prize for 2nd place Lisa wins it for sure, no?
Regardless of what they said, I just don't think they could have given it to Lisa. Show would have become a joke if they named her the Top Chef among this group after what we saw from her all season. She doesn't get along with anyone and I would think that has to be taken into consideration, in addition to the fact that she ended up as one of the bottom group in nearly every episode while winning very few challenges along the way. She was already a huge overachiever by making it this far. She had no shot at finishing 1st and I think most observers and the judges would still rank her 3rd at best.

Shooter McGavin said:
I know the producers are probably hoping that Stephanie does well, because I'm sure they'd love to have a woman win it.
Hoping? Dude, you know the producers have input on the judges decisions, right? This season has been all about a woman winning it. They even fixed it so Lisa was in the finale to make people so mad they wouldn't care who won, as long as it wan't her. That said, Stephanie was arguably the best chef over Richard, but it couldn't have been more fixed.

Good for Steph, would have been happy with her or Richard :lmao:
I think the judges thought her lamb was the best dish of the night. "a pleasant surprise with every bite" "i love Pistachios and have never had them braised before, it was great." thats the dish that won it for herand richard was a little bit of seasoning from making it a real tough decision for the judges

pretty good finale, i thought.

richard over-thought his meals. i dug the fact that he really went for the homerun with it though. he's likely got a fantastic future ahead of him as a chef and restauranteur. i think the pressure - the time constraint as much as anything - was what threw him off. richard must have rued the "bronze medal" comment he gave about Lisa.

stephanie did what she has done throughout the competition and made really good, interesting food. she totally deserved the win. my wife was really happy to see her pull through.

lisa saved her best work for the finale. i don't think it was especially creative but it certainly looked like a meal. she must have upped her meds to be as relaxed and pleasant as she was there at the end. there was very little of the defiant, surly Lisa that we have come to know over this season. she made a great meal for the first time and it just happened to be in the finale. if it had been any other week, i think they may have given it to her even.

good season overall but not great. i hope they change the setting for the next season to someplace like NOLA.

Missed this thread. Watched it from the beginning basically. Stephanie deserved to win. I assume everyone in here also hates Lisa?

pretty good finale, i thought.

richard over-thought his meals. i dug the fact that he really went for the homerun with it though. he's likely got a fantastic future ahead of him as a chef and restauranteur. i think the pressure - the time constraint as much as anything - was what threw him off. richard must have rued the "bronze medal" comment he gave about Lisa.

stephanie did what she has done throughout the competition and made really good, interesting food. she totally deserved the win. my wife was really happy to see her pull through.

lisa saved her best work for the finale. i don't think it was especially creative but it certainly looked like a meal. she must have upped her meds to be as relaxed and pleasant as she was there at the end. there was very little of the defiant, surly Lisa that we have come to know over this season. she made a great meal for the first time and it just happened to be in the finale. if it had been any other week, i think they may have given it to her even.

good season overall but not great. i hope they change the setting for the next season to someplace like NOLA.
Not enough star chefs there. Top Chef Jr. is coming up. Probably crappy though.

If stephanie lost because her dessert blew then I think they'd never live it down.

Not enough star chefs there. Top Chef Jr. is coming up. Probably crappy though. If stephanie lost because her dessert blew then I think they'd never live it down.
they have been importing chefs from all over for competitions in the past. i don't see why it has to change now...

I thought the whole episode felt a bit anti-climactic. Personally, I think that having the celebrity chefs serve as sous-chefs is sort of ridiculous if they're not allowed to give input or help the chefs conceptualize their dishes. What's the point? Just the novelty of it?

It certainly seemed that Lisa beat Stephanie to me. Stephanie's 3rd course was the big hit of the night, but it seemed like Lisa's soup wasn't far behind, and she seemed to nail the dessert as well, and her first course was Ted Allen's favorite. Stephanie's dessert looked terrible -- I can't believe they didn't nail her for the presentation. Maybe they did and it got edited out. I've seen more appetizing-looking desserts at Denny's. I hope it tasted better than it looked.

I'm not saying that I think Lisa should have won, but if you're going on that meal alone, it seemed like she was the strongest. On the whole, I think they need to come up a better twist for the finale next season than having Eric Ripert chop onions and garlic for the chefs.

Not enough star chefs there. Top Chef Jr. is coming up. Probably crappy though. If stephanie lost because her dessert blew then I think they'd never live it down.
they have been importing chefs from all over for competitions in the past. i don't see why it has to change now...
75% were local this time if not far more. Bourdain/Ripert are sort of permanent one time appearances. Next year is west coast. Has to be.

75% were local this time if not far more. Bourdain/Ripert are sort of permanent one time appearances. Next year is west coast. Has to be.
They've done San Francisco and LA, though. Very surprised they haven't done New York yet, aside from a couple of episodes at the end of the last one.

75% were local this time if not far more. Bourdain/Ripert are sort of permanent one time appearances.

Next year is west coast. Has to be.
I don't think so. While some of the guest judges are local - Tromonto, Bayless - there are many more that aren't. Look over the judges here.

I was happy to see Stephanie win. Richard did choke. Lisa was obviously back on her medication for this episode. The way she was so calm during the show monologues I thought she might have won. Again Lisa goes Asian. Cook something else for Nipsey's sake. Her arms crossed look at judges table was so ####### annoying.

I was happy to see Stephanie win. Richard did choke. Lisa was obviously back on her medication for this episode. The way she was so calm during the show monologues I thought she might have won. Again Lisa goes Asian. Cook something else for Nipsey's sake. Her arms crossed look at judges table was so ####### annoying.
I am so glad that Lisa will be crawling back into whatever dark cave she resides in sans TC trophy.

My wife's friend, who's Lisa's peeps, said her and her partner couldn't stand her, either.

I loved how she got only 4% of the text votes even after it was clear Richard had no shot going into the judge's table.

Steph, thinking they were going to pull the sous chefs, prepared two prep lists, one with Ripert and one without it

That's just good cheffing!

BRAVO'S "TOP CHEF: THE TOUR" EMBARKS ON 20-CITY PROMOTIONAL TOUR BEGINNING SAT., JUNE 21, 2008Fans And Cable Affiliates From New York To Denver To San Francisco Enjoy The Ultimate Culinary Experience Through SeptemberENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, N.J. – June 16, 2008 – NBC Universal (NBCU) today announced the first of 20-city stops for Bravo's "Top Chef: The Tour," which kicks off in Jericho, NY on Long Island (Whole Foods Market, 429 North Broadway in the Birchwood Shopping Center) on Sat., June 21, 2008. The promotional tour will feature a customized traveling "Top Chef" 18-wheeler semi-truck and will offer Bravo's passionate fans and cable affiliate partners with the unique opportunity to experience the hit series in their hometowns. Watch what happens when "Top Chef: The Tour" pulls up to a farmers market or food festival in the following cities:Boston, MA July 1Philadelphia, PA July 4Pittsburgh, PA July 9Columbus, OH July 12St. Louis, MO July 16Denver, CO July 19Phoenix, AZ July 26San Diego, CA July 30San Francisco, CA August 2, 3Los Angeles, CA August 8Des Moines, IA August 16Detroit, MI August 23Madison, WI August 27Chicago, IL September 3, 4Raleigh, NC September 13Tampa, FL September 20Orlando, FL September 24Atlanta, GA September 27New York, NY TBD"We're excited to provide our cable affiliates and food enthusiasts with an interactive gourmet cooking experience from cable's number one food show," said Brian Hunt, Senior Vice President, Marketing & Sales Strategy, TV Networks Distribution, NBC Universal. "This tour is a unique promotional opportunity designed to bring the hit series to life for fans throughout the country."In each city, select "Top Chef" chef'testants will host four live interactive shows, three for fans in attendance and one private show for cable affiliate partners over one or two days. Cooking demonstrations, gourmet tips, show secrets, and food tastings will be highlighted on the "Top Chef" truck, an impressive 48-foot self-sufficient moving vehicle equipped with power and water. The truck, which includes a state-of-the-art kitchen with the capacity to accommodate 38 guests per seating, also allows for addressing 300 people in an open-air setting. And, HD cameras will offer a live-feed of the chefs at work on 42" screens.Cable affiliates will have the opportunity to partner with the number one food show on cable, and will receive:· One cooking demonstration reserved for affiliates/select local advertiser· Taggable spot promoting "Top Chef: The Tour"· Logo placement inside the truck· A sampling of cable affiliate products and services/advertising sampling available on site· Promotional spots on plasma televisions inside the truck· Inclusion in local marketing tactics· Meet and greets with chef'testants· Publicity effortsTo sign up for free admission and learn more about "Top Chef: The Tour" visit www.bravotv.com/thetour. For artwork please visit NBC Universal Media Village, www.nbcumv.com.

sam and casey just came to atlanta and it was 150 bucks for a couple to watch and i would hope sample what they cook

thats too steep even with hottie casey

Nov 12. to start new season.
:DVR:This one is in New York?
Yeah. I've looked at the contestants may make some predictions just based off the bios. 17 this time. Is that the normal amount?Means this show will likely go all the way to mid-march with breaks for holidays and things.
17 seems a little high, I think most seasons they have started with 15.I can't wait! Top Chef = Greatest Reality Show of All Time.

Users who are viewing this thread