What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

My addiction to Quadradius (1 Viewer)

Joey Chestnuts

Footballguy
It all started innocently when I saw the quadradius thread on this board one night around 8 pm last week. I was bored, my girlfriend was out of town on a job assignment for two weeks, and so I jumped in to see what this quadradius thing was. I was impatient, so I simply watched the 60-second instructional video rather than read the directions myself. Before I knew it, I was in my very first of many quadradius battles that night. It was like Chess, Checkers, Stratego, Risk, etc. all combined into one modern game. I was crushing my opponent...the taste of victory was sweet. I went on to play another match, was defeated, but I took the hit on the chin well and was even more determined to master this game and dominate all opponents. 9pm became midnight, and midnight became 3 am, and 3 am led me to watch the sunrise the next morning with my laptop still on my bed and me playing some guy in New Zealand. I was exhausted but could not quit.

That morning I maybe slept two hours, awoke, and then was off trying to squeeze in a few games of quadradius before lunch. Then I was playing in the afternoon. Then in the evening. I was hooked. When my girlfriend called me that evening, I muted my laptop volume and continued on, mostly tuning her out and muttering an occasional "really?", "that's good", "uh-huh", because Quadradius was demanding my full attention and I was in the heat of battle. It was intense.

My addiction led me into this past weekend. My girlfriend drove four hours this past Friday to come home for the weekend, and when she arrived I was playing quadradius. I was surprised she was home so early and wasn't expecting her for another hour, so like the addict I am I had jumped into a game of quadradius anticipating that I would kick the tar out of my opponent well in time before my girlfriend's arrival. Well, I was now in the middle of a bloody, gory battle with no ability to pause the game. I gave her a quick hug, kiss, and tried to explain that I was almost done and wasn't ignoring her. I won my match as she laid on the bed next to me, eyes closed as she rested, but I'm sure wondering what the heck I was playing with all the strange sounds. The sweet taste of victory.

I played as much as I could Saturday, and on Sunday I even dropped the $2.99 to become a member for a month. Yes, me.....I was now an official member of quadradius! I felt honorable with a duty to defend my ground against any opponent, domestic or foreign. Quadradius has even been in my dreams. My mind is working while I sleep, developing strategies, playing out potential scenarios, it's quadradius everywhere. I went to the mall on Monday, it's a three-story mall, and as I stood on the first floor and looked up I was reminded of quadradius and the different levels of the battlefield. I thought to myself that if I just had a couple of raise tiles or a wall row how much faster I could get to my destination on the third floor.

It's now Tuesday, and I've realized I'm dead tired. When I started thinking why I feel this way I can only point to quadradius. I'm consumed, spent. I am quitting less than one week after starting. Please point me to the Quadradius Anonymous help group.

Last edited by a moderator:
It all started innocently when I saw the quadradius thread on this board one night around 8 pm last week. I was bored, my girlfriend was out of town on a job assignment for two weeks, and so I jumped in to see what this quadradius thing was. I was impatient, so I simply watched the 60-second instructional video rather than read the directions myself. Before I knew it, I was in my very first of many quadradius battles that night. It was like Chess, Checkers, Stratego, Risk, etc. all combined into one modern game. I was crushing my opponent...the taste of victory was sweet. I went on to play another match, was defeated, but I took the hit on the chin well and was even more determined to master this game and dominate all opponents. 9pm became midnight, and midnight became 3 am, and 3 am led me to watch the sunrise the next morning with my laptop still on my bed and me playing some guy in New Zealand. I was exhausted but could not quit.

That morning I maybe slept two hours, awoke, and then was off trying to squeeze in a few games of quadradius before lunch. Then I was playing in the afternoon. Then in the evening. I was hooked. When my girlfriend called me that evening, I muted my laptop volume and continued on, mostly tuning her out and muttering an occasional "really?", "that's good", "uh-huh", because Quadradius was demanding my full attention and I was in the heat of battle. It was intense.

My addiction led me into this past weekend. My girlfriend drove four hours this past Friday to come home for the weekend, and when she arrived I was playing quadradius. I was surprised she was home so early and wasn't expecting her for another hour, so like the addict I am I had jumped into a game of quadradius anticipating that I would kick the tar out of my opponent well in time before my girlfriend's arrival. Well, I was now in the middle of a bloody, gory battle with no ability to pause the game. I gave her a quick hug, kiss, and tried to explain that I was almost done and wasn't ignoring her. I won my match as she laid on the bed next to me, eyes closed as she rested, but I'm sure wondering what the heck I was playing with all the strange sounds. The sweet taste of victory.

I played as much as I could Saturday, and on Sunday I even dropped the $2.99 to become a member for a month. Yes, me.....I was now an official member of quadradius! I felt honorable with a duty to defend my ground against any opponent, domestic or foreign. Quadradius has even been in my dreams. My mind is working while I sleep, developing strategies, playing out potential scenarios, it's quadradius everywhere. I went to the mall on Monday, it's a three-story mall, and as I stood on the first floor and looked up I was reminded of quadradius and the different levels of the battlefield. I thought to myself that if I just had a couple of raise tiles or a wall row how much faster I could get to my destination on the third floor.

It's now Tuesday, and I've realized I'm dead tired. When I started thinking why I feel this way I can only point to quadradius. I'm consumed, spent. I am quitting less than one week after starting. Please point me to the Quadradius Anonymous help group.
Glad I could be your enabler! :thumbup: Anyone else?

Quadradius

:goodposting:

Guy LeDouche said:
Do yourself a favor and don't try drugs
Hey guy, don't be a LeDouche. Getting whacked out on coke is the perfect way to play quadrawhatever non stop!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just played that game to see what you are going through. Your a dork. Send your gf here, I will take care of her. :thumbdown:

I have found myself doing the same with Everwars.

I think I may have an addictive personality.

Good thing I am in the military, far away from drugs....

I just got home from drinking with clients and business partners. I wanted to go to bed, but instead, I turned on my laptop to play my first quadradius game as a full member. What happens? I am kicking some dudes' ### when my internet connection craps out and I lose because of a lost connection. GRRRRRR.

I just got home from drinking with clients and business partners. I wanted to go to bed, but instead, I turned on my laptop to play my first quadradius game as a full member. What happens? I am kicking some dudes' ### when my internet connection craps out and I lose because of a lost connection. GRRRRRR.
Well, you weren't kicking my ### yet, but I think you dropped connection again just now.

Well, you weren't kicking my ### yet, but I think you dropped connection again just now.
Yep. lost it again and again. there goes my rating.and yes, I wasnt kicking your ###, but this is the FFA and I have a right to exaggerate my success just like everyone else, right? Well, as long as another FBG is not involved. :kicksrock:

Just thought I'd resurrect this old thread. A new version of Quadradius will be available soon (dubbed Qrimson) and will be just as addicting. If you loved QR, stayed tuned!

Users who are viewing this thread