What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Chris Johnson Hype machine (2 Viewers)

against my better judgement, I will be sitting Johnson today. Still hope he has a good day, just not a monster one...
I am sitting him too. Every game I have sat him he has scored his TD's so good luck, guys!
What other backs are you two starting? You have to love CJ's matchup today agaisnt KC. I've been waiting for this one for a while.
Portis and ADP
Portis is riding the pine for CJ3 today! Rather a fully healthy CJ3 then a dinged up Portis. I think both will do well though.

against my better judgement, I will be sitting Johnson today. Still hope he has a good day, just not a monster one...
I am sitting him too. Every game I have sat him he has scored his TD's so good luck, guys!
What other backs are you two starting? You have to love CJ's matchup today agaisnt KC. I've been waiting for this one for a while.
Slaton v Detroit Rhodes v GBI just had a bad feeling that Lendale would make his presence known again in the KC game by possibly taking some goal line carries and my other two RB's had really good matchups.

very quickly he's become my RB1. i think that points to several factors, most notably my poor drafting.
:lol: :lmao:
:lmao:
my poor drafting has reduced me to punchline status like some on this board. joseph addai, willie parker, vince young, carson palmer...all of you injury or substandard players that i've already had the misfortune to have on my team...i hate you!
Sorry to hear that. Can you trade CJ to another team ASAP please so that you don't curse the rest of us. :D

this guy is worthless unless he gets TD's
It is hard to call him worthless when he has 8 points (my scoring) in the first half without even having a touchdown. But it certainly does suck that Fisher is the kind of coach that he is (a smart one) and lets CJ rest at the goalline so that fatdale can slam it in.

I have 4.70 pts...worthless
It's all in your league's scoring.We have a performance based scoring system.... long runs & passes get more points, Completion percentage for QB's, Yards per run, yards per pass, etc.He's the 16th ranked RB in my league. Not bad for a guy drafted in round 10 (for me).

I have 4.70 pts...worthless
What type of crazy scoring is that? TD-heavy league? If that's the case, you're probably right. He's not going to be worth that much. In most other leagues, though, he's doing quite well. Has 9 points for me at the time. I'm anticipating more, though, of course.

Im starting to think that big game is never going to happen.

Edit: Scratch that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I kinda got a kick out of Lendale. Did you see him #### his head back when he saw the open field? I think you're supposed to lean forward, but big boy was running for all he was worth, LOL.

BTW, do not get down, CJ owners. You have one of the best up-&-coming RBs in the NFL. Becoming a stud is a process. It rarely happens overnight. It's evident CJ will get 20+ touches a game & that's all it's going to take to make him an eventual FF monster (& the receptions will come). That's the only thing I was ever worried about (getting enough touches).

But give credit when credit is due. LenDale had a monster FF day. He's not going to have a lot of them, but when he does, he deserves the props. :pickle:

& CJ with a very good FF game just as i finished my previous post...can u imagine what kind of day CJ could've had if they had turned him loose?...holy moly

He sure is a tough guy for his size. He seems like a very smart football player in addition to having that track speed. He is fun to watch play for sure. The short yardage carries that are going to White may save him from the rookie wall.

Glad to own him on both redraft and dynasty.

Pretty good game for him today. That should put his name in the discussion with Forte when talking about ROY.
I think Johnson is great, but so far for ROY I'd say Matt Ryan is in the lead. It's much harder to be a rookie QB than a rookie RB, and Atlanta was a horrible team he took over, and they are surprisingly 4-2.

Pretty good game for him today. That should put his name in the discussion with Forte when talking about ROY.
I think Johnson is great, but so far for ROY I'd say Matt Ryan is in the lead. It's much harder to be a rookie QB than a rookie RB, and Atlanta was a horrible team he took over, and they are surprisingly 4-2.
:thumbup: If the season ends today, Ryan is the ROY. Chris Johnson and Forte would be a distant 2nd and 3rd.

:thumbup: If the season ends today, Ryan is the ROY. Chris Johnson and Forte would be a distant 2nd and 3rd.
You mean 3rd and 2nd :shrug:Forte hasn't played St. Mary's of the Blind yet.. I mean.. Kansas City.

:confused: If the season ends today, Ryan is the ROY. Chris Johnson and Forte would be a distant 2nd and 3rd.
You mean 3rd and 2nd ;)Forte hasn't played St. Mary's of the Blind yet.. I mean.. Kansas City.
He played against Detroit though.

Can't wait to see him play v Indy on MNF. I haven't seen him in a game since preseason. Although it's a few weeks away, I am also looking forward to seeing him on Thanksgiving v the Lions too.

He sure is a tough guy for his size. He seems like a very smart football player in addition to having that track speed. He is fun to watch play for sure. The short yardage carries that are going to White may save him from the rookie wall.Glad to own him on both redraft and dynasty.
:lmao: What we have here is an original.

Does anyone have video of the run? I haven't seen it on any of the highlights as of yet.
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_id=2962...=tab_gamecenterClick on the fourth video under MORE VIDEOS.
on the 66 yd run, the db actually had a decent angle, but johnson still blew by him (and the sideline ref :thumbup: )...
i knew he had scored when i saw the highlights and i still couldn't believe it with the angle he had.

GB the Titans Running game.

I own the Whale in one league, and Light Blue Jesus in the other. The only thing I could think of to say when the Whale ran for the 80-yard TD was THAR SHE BLOWS!!!! Good thing Captain Ahab wasn't around.

As I imagined, both RBs will be solid producers all season long. :towelwave:

In a PPR redraft, as of right now (ie taking full consideration of injuries, remaining schedules, etc), I would trade our hero for the following players:

Sure, lets do it: ADP, Westy, Portis, Barber, Gore, SJax

Let me think about it and get back to you: Lynch, Forte, Turner, Reggie

No thanks. Have a nice season, guy: LT, Graham, Jacobs, MJD, FWP, Jamal Lewis, Addai, McGahee, Grant, LJ, Thomas Jones, Stewart, Deangelo, Ronnie Brown, Edge

Honorable mention to guys like Slaton and Pittman...even Lendale. No need to call them out.. they have overacheived in their own right.

I am very curious to see where CJ ends up this week on the Top 250. He has steadily been climbing that FBG metric. Now. With the exception of Forte, pretty sure every single player listed above was drafted before the hero in redrafts. Kudos to this thread for recognizing the value early on.

God Bless America, and God Bless Chris Johnson.

Portis and ADP
i had the same choices (along with Lendale) and benched Portis and LWhiteyou have to start both Jesus's

There's no question Lendale is hurting CJ's fantasy value. The way CJ is playing, he could be the number 1 RB in the league if Fisher rode him.

But Fisher is much more concerned with having a healthy CJ for the playoffs, so he's holding him back and putting Lendale in for the tough runs. Not to say CJ can't do it, as I've seen him run very well in short yardage, but it's all in keeping the guy healthy.

Without CJ the Titans instantly revert to the most boring offense in the league, so Fisher is doing what he has to do for the team.

But the talent this guy has? Wow. I really hope Fisher takes the reins off for ONE week Monday night against Indy. Give the guy 25 carries against that Swiss cake defense of Indy and watch him set records.

Well I'm glad he had a great game. Not that I was really worried about him, but having him, Ronnie, Bush, and MJD to wedge into 1 starting spot (2 starting spots if I flexed, at the cost of dropping out one of TO, Fitz, or Wayne), made it tough to figure out who should play over the next few weeks.

Well, trading MJD and Bush's knee makes my lineup choices a bit easier!

Keep him fresh, Moby! I don't want him hitting that rookie wall.

One other thing - anyone have any insight to Fisher's coaching philosophy regarding prepping/resting for playoffs? IF the Titans can keep things up, a 13-3 record or better isn't out of the question, with a chance of them knowing how their playoff schedule looks with a week or two left in the season.

Think Fisher would still give some significant playtime to Johnson in such a scenario in weeks 15-17 if he were in the midst of a possible ROY campaign? Or does he have a history favoring resting starters/playing them sparingly in late-season, "meaningless" games?

Yes, it seems a bit early to think about this, but if I need to make a move to aquire some more depth behind my remaining 2 starting RB's to account for such rest, I need to do it in the next few weeks.

There's no question Lendale is hurting CJ's fantasy value. The way CJ is playing, he could be the number 1 RB in the league if Fisher rode him.But Fisher is much more concerned with having a healthy CJ for the playoffs, so he's holding him back and putting Lendale in for the tough runs. Not to say CJ can't do it, as I've seen him run very well in short yardage, but it's all in keeping the guy healthy.Without CJ the Titans instantly revert to the most boring offense in the league, so Fisher is doing what he has to do for the team.But the talent this guy has? Wow. I really hope Fisher takes the reins off for ONE week Monday night against Indy. Give the guy 25 carries against that Swiss cake defense of Indy and watch him set records.
Good summary, but what exactly is Swiss cake?

There's no question Lendale is hurting CJ's fantasy value. The way CJ is playing, he could be the number 1 RB in the league if Fisher rode him.

But Fisher is much more concerned with having a healthy CJ for the playoffs, so he's holding him back and putting Lendale in for the tough runs. Not to say CJ can't do it, as I've seen him run very well in short yardage, but it's all in keeping the guy healthy.

Without CJ the Titans instantly revert to the most boring offense in the league, so Fisher is doing what he has to do for the team.

But the talent this guy has? Wow. I really hope Fisher takes the reins off for ONE week Monday night against Indy. Give the guy 25 carries against that Swiss cake defense of Indy and watch him set records.
I don't they're as easy to run through as say, swiss cheese, but here you go

I don't they're as easy to run through as say, swiss cheese, but here you go
lol. Had snacks on the brain!

I wish it wasn't true, but I had to get offboard the Light Blue Jesus hype machine. :lmao:

I just traded him, Marc Bulger, and Braylon Edwards for ADP, Brett Favre, and Kevin Curtis.

I tried like hell to keep him, but the other owner wouldn't budge. In out league we have payouts for total points and head-to-head. I'm probably out of the running for total points so I am (attempting to) positioning myself for a strong playoff push.

I wish it wasn't true, but I had to get offboard the Light Blue Jesus hype machine. :goodposting:I just traded him, Marc Bulger, and Braylon Edwards for ADP, Brett Favre, and Kevin Curtis. I tried like hell to keep him, but the other owner wouldn't budge. In out league we have payouts for total points and head-to-head. I'm probably out of the running for total points so I am (attempting to) positioning myself for a strong playoff push.
Thats gutsy..... forget about Bulger...Braylon and CJ3 is alot to part with. For all we know Curtis may take longer to get reaquinted. Not to mention this Braylon we speaking on who has mega upside. ADP is the TRUTH though...but this a bit much to move just to land him though. meh on Farve, sometimes he start throwing hot cakes to the wrong team. good luck either way brotha. :fro:

I wish it wasn't true, but I had to get offboard the Light Blue Jesus hype machine. :lmao:I just traded him, Marc Bulger, and Braylon Edwards for ADP, Brett Favre, and Kevin Curtis. I tried like hell to keep him, but the other owner wouldn't budge. In out league we have payouts for total points and head-to-head. I'm probably out of the running for total points so I am (attempting to) positioning myself for a strong playoff push.
Thats gutsy..... forget about Bulger...Braylon and CJ3 is alot to part with. For all we know Curtis may take longer to get reaquinted. Not to mention this Braylon we speaking on who has mega upside. ADP is the TRUTH though...but this a bit much to move just to land him though. meh on Farve, sometimes he start throwing hot cakes to the wrong team. good luck either way brotha. :fro:
Thanks. ;)I still have Plaxico and Cotchery. I love Braylon but Anderson seems to have regressed and if Quinn comes in, it could be over for him fantasy wise. :lmao: we'll see

CJ3 is leading the AFC in rushing and looks as if he's got a good shot of ending up ranked there at season's end. He has 3 carries over 20yds, 2 over 40 and 0 fumbles. 14 receptions for 73yds and 1 TD so far. Carries per game have been consistent all season (15/19/16/17/18/18) so the 20 touches per game is dead on. There are some very favorable games ahead, so he could reach 1500-1650 rushing yards if things fall in place.

Depending on how the Titans are ranked in the playoff seedings, week 16 has a high suck factor. First off, they could rest players and secondly, they play Pittsburgh at home.

INDIANAPOLIS Monday, 10/27 7:30 p.m.

GREEN BAY Sunday, 11/2 12:00 p.m.

at Chicago Sunday, 11/9 12:00 p.m.

at Jacksonville Sunday, 11/16 12:00 p.m.

N.Y. JETS Sunday, 11/23 12:00 p.m.

at Detroit Thursday, 11/27 11:30 a.m.

CLEVELAND Sunday, 12/7 12:00 p.m.

at Houston Sunday, 12/14 12:00 p.m.

PITTSBURGH Sunday, 12/21 12:00 p.m.

at Indianapolis Sunday, 12/28 12:00 p.m.

CJ3 is leading the AFC in rushing and looks as if he's got a good shot of ending up ranked there at season's end. He has 3 carries over 20yds, 2 over 40 and 0 fumbles. 14 receptions for 73yds and 1 TD so far. Carries per game have been consistent all season (15/19/16/17/18/18) so the 20 touches per game is dead on. There are some very favorable games ahead, so he could reach 1500-1650 rushing yards if things fall in place. Depending on how the Titans are ranked in the playoff seedings, week 16 has a high suck factor. First off, they could rest players and secondly, they play Pittsburgh at home. PITTSBURGH Sunday, 12/21 12:00 p.m. at Indianapolis Sunday, 12/28 12:00 p.m.
I doubt they'll be resting players against Pittsburgh, even at home. There's a very real chance that Tennessee and Pittsburgh will be fighting for home field advantage. Or maybe Tennessee will be trying to go undefeated?Week 17 (for those leagues that play) could easily be a reverse of last year.

From Rotoworld:

Colts coach Tony Dungy is a big fan of Titans rookie RB Chris Johnson.

"He's been exceptional," said Dungy. "In Mike Heimerdinger's offense, I think he has a chance to be like Terrell Davis and have that super year and really catapult them into the upper echelon." Dungy will have front row seats to Flash Johnson's coming out party on national TV Monday night.

Users who are viewing this thread