What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Joe Flacco, IND (3 Viewers)

at what point does Flacco get benched?  

Down two scores, almost 2 minutes left and you check down every throw, run outa time down near redzone without scoring once??.......what did he think was gonna happen?  I know he had that great post season run, but this guy sucks, and they need a QB who will pressure defenses.
Yes, he sucks.  But he's generally acknowledged to have the strongest arm in the league and typically unleashes a few bombs per game.  Not sure why that never happened last night.

Yes, he sucks.  But he's generally acknowledged to have the strongest arm in the league and typically unleashes a few bombs per game.  Not sure why that never happened last night.
Not the strongest arm in the league.  Not even close.  

People said that like 5 years ago

Flacco should lose touches every week until he is on the bench permanently.   
He got his ring, got paid, and now he's fat and happy.

... and BAL is stuck with him because of that stupid contract.

Meanwhile, a team like WAS refuses to give into the demands of an avg QB like Cousins and put themselves in a situation like BAL has.

As a Ravens fan last night was horse**** and I blame Flacco primarily.

That said I believe home field advantage in divisional games is a bigger factor in the AFC north than most of the rest of the league.  I’m not convinced he can’t turn things around and with him, the team.

He needs to do it quick for his sake and Harbaugh’s though.  I can tell you as a Baltimore native this team either plays multiple playoff games this year or they will loose the fans for good and the team will be forced to make a change.

I like Flacco, he’s a good guy, has basically become a local and I’d like to see him go out on top.  Performances like Thursday night aren’t going to get him into next season though.  Ravens fans are done.

No one should get their hopes up for Jackson.  Flacco is going to be the starter up to the point the Ravens are eliminated from the playoffs (mathematically or otherwise).

Unfortunately for Ravens fand that typically doesn't happen early.

No one should get their hopes up for Jackson.  Flacco is going to be the starter up to the point the Ravens are eliminated from the playoffs (mathematically or otherwise).

Unfortunately for Ravens fand that typically doesn't happen early.
Yup.  This is Flacco’s year.  Next year we’ll see but he’s not going anywhere for a while.

I know it's way too early to be thinking about such things, but look at Baltimore's playoff schedule. 

Week 14 @ KC

Week 15 v TB

MMMMMM it doesn't get much juicier than that. 

Joe Flacco - QB -  Ravens

Joe Flacco completed 28-of-42 passes for 363 yards and two touchdowns in the Ravens' Week 4 win over the Steelers.

Flacco hit John Brown on a 33-yard touchdown to open the game. He added a goal-line TD to Alex Collins after a Steelers first quarter turnover and connected on a number of deep shots. It's a solid rebound for Flacco after two straight middling games. Fueled by the Ravens trading up for Lamar Jackson, Flacco is on pace for 5,012 yards and a 32:8 TD/INT ratio through four weeks. Baltimore has another division game with the Browns in Week 5.

Sep 30 - 11:43 PM

The Athletic's Jeff Zrebiec reports Joe Flacco's (hip) status for Week 11 against the Bengals is "in question."

The severity of the injury is unclear. Jason La Canfora added that Flacco's currently seeking medical opinions and he "could require surgery" or "prolonged rest." This news coincidently comes during the team's bye week, which would seamlessly work as a transition to instill rookie Lamar Jackson under center. Jackson completed 34-of-68 passes for 408 yards, three touchdowns, and one pick on 88 drop backs during the preseason. His fantasy production ultimately derives from his legs, though, which he used to rush for 23/136/3 in the preseason, too. He'll close the year as a viable QB1 for his rushing floor alone.

Source: Jeff Zrebiec on Twitter 

Nov 9 - 4:46 PM

Ravens coach John Harbaugh would not disclose his Week 11 starting quarterback at Monday's press conference.

Harbaugh said he is "hopeful" Joe Flacco (hip) will be healthy enough to start. "He's getting treatment," said Harbaugh. "We'll see. We'll know more as the week goes on." Flacco was on crutches during Baltimore's Week 10 bye, which is generally not a good sign. The Ravens may try to keep their Week 11 quarterback a secret ahead of a must-win game against Cincinnati.

Nov 12 - 3:57 PM

Speaking Monday, Ravens coach John Harbaugh said there was a "chance" Joe Flacco (hip) returned for Week 12.

"It's not a surgical thing," Harbaugh said of Flacco's injury. "It's a calming down type of thing with the hip. I'm not a doctor. I'm not even a TV doctor, so we'll see." Harbaugh seemed to bristle at questions about his quarterback situation, praising the job Lamar Jackson did against the Bengals but making it clear he will stick with Flacco when healthy. The question is, why? Perhaps Jackson can change Harbaugh's mind if he has another successful start against the Raiders.

Related: Lamar Jackson

Nov 19 - 2:40 PM

Joe Flacco - QB -  Ravens

Ravens coach John Harbaugh said Joe Flacco is "going to have a market" this offseason.

With Lamar Jackson struggling and the offense stuck in neutral, the Ravens flirted with turning to Flacco on Sunday, but he ended his time in Baltimore rooted to the bench, finishing his season with 2,465 yards, 12 touchdowns, and six interceptions in nine games. After the game, Harbaugh made no effort to hide Baltimore's plan to move on from Flacco, which will save them $10.5 million against the cap. Facing a weak free agent group and draft class, quarterback-needy teams will look long and hard at Flacco this spring.

Source: Aditi Kinkhabwala on Twitter 

Jan 6 - 5:06 PM

In an ironic twist, Flacco will traded to the Denver Broncos, per Schefter. The irony being the fact that @DenverBroncos started this thread.

Time is a flat circle.

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 2m2 minutes ago

Breaking: Baltimore has agreement in principle to trade former Super Bowl MVP Joe Flacco to the Broncos, league sources told ESPN. Trade cannot be processed until new NFL league year begins Wednesday, March 13. Teams prohibited from commenting on deal or terms surrounding it.

We have seen what Flacco can for receivers. It is wheels up for that Broncos offense. 

No it's not

The offense will give away games with turnovers.  But at least the WRs will put up some yds.  Flacco got a wrong side of 30 Mike Wallace over 1k and Kamar freaking Aiken almost to 1k.

The offense will give away games with turnovers.  But at least the WRs will put up some yds.  Flacco got a wrong side of 30 Mike Wallace over 1k and Kamar freaking Aiken almost to 1k.
Go ahead and guess what the highest FF finish for any WR playing with Flacco has been.

Wallace was 30 when he had 1000 yards which is good but Wallace was a WR with a good track record. Keenum had Sanders on pace for 1150 yards at age 31 last year. I just think we are talking about 2 QBs who have different skills but with the same poor results. 

Go ahead and guess what the highest FF finish for any WR playing with Flacco has been.
I’m really not interested in hating on Flacco.

I’m a Sutton owner.  I’ll take anything that breathes that has a chance of outperforming Keenum and will risk throwing the ball down the field.  Flacco fits the bill.

I'm no Flacco can but can you provide a list of his pass catchers? I don't think it's been a murderers row.
His specialty is dumping off to a shifty RB.  This is awesome for Lindsay and terrible for every WR, regardless of their level of talent.  And he has generally had older WRs and TEs who are still viable.  I'm thinking of Steve Smiff, Derrick Mason, Todd Heap, Anquon Boldin and Dennis Pitta.  Several of those guys are at least as talented as the kids in Denver.

I'm no Flacco can but can you provide a list of his pass catchers? I don't think it's been a murderers row.
True but there is a chicken and egg situation. How much of them being bad fell on Flacco, fell on the receivers, fell on the OC. However, we know Flacco is 34,  has never made a Pro Bowl, is 22nd in active Y/A, 22nd in active passer rating, 18th in active completion %, 24th in active pass TD % and  10th highest active interception %. Removing years he was hurt or benched, his average finish for fantasy is QB17. 

In other words, he has always been a below average QB and he is old so it's likely only getting worse. 

True but there is a chicken and egg situation. How much of them being bad fell on Flacco, fell on the receivers, fell on the OC. However, we know Flacco is 34,  has never made a Pro Bowl, is 22nd in active Y/A, 22nd in active passer rating, 18th in active completion %, 24th in active pass TD % and  10th highest active interception %. Removing years he was hurt or benched, his average finish for fantasy is QB17. 

In other words, he has always been a below average QB and he is old so it's likely only getting worse. 
This very phrase entered my head.

This move is reminiscent of the Vikings last year - he's probably the best option but you really wish there were better ones.

And in other words better than Keenum

Unless you get credit for pass interference yardage I'm not understanding how Flacco moves the needle for anyone else on this offense.

They can agree "in principle" before that. It's a handshake deal that can be made official in March.
Saw this tweet from Schefter right after my post.

"Breaking: Baltimore has agreement in principle to trade former Super Bowl MVP Joe Flacco to the Broncos, league sources told ESPN.

Trade cannot be processed until new NFL league year begins Wednesday, March 13. Teams prohibited from commenting on deal or terms surrounding it."

So teams can agree but can't comment or disclose terms. Makes sense.

I can see the Broncos cutting Keenum, drafting Drew Lock, and letting him sit and learn for a year or 2 under Flacco. Lock can learn a lot more from Flacco than Keenum IMO. Flacco has a big arm and throws one of the best deep balls in the league. I think it's an upgrade for Sutton and Hamilton.

I can see the Broncos cutting Keenum, drafting Drew Lock, and letting him sit and learn for a year or 2 under Flacco. Lock can learn a lot more from Flacco than Keenum IMO. Flacco has a big arm and throws one of the best deep balls in the league. I think it's an upgrade for Sutton and Hamilton.
It should help the running game as well - too many little dink and dunks kept the opposing safeties near the box. Hopefully a few long balls might stretch them back a bit and help our running game.

Flacco sucks. Huge downgrade for Sutton and Hamilton, Sanders is done. Possible bump for Lindsay due to dump-offs. If you wanted a bridge QB, just pay Keenum his full salary for the year, you've got to pay him $7M guaranteed either way. If they do still draft a QB in the first, he'll be starting by mid-season.

Ill remind everyone freakin about flacco hurting sutton...

With Flacco dealt, and Foles/Bridgewater on the move, important to keep in mind what happened last year ...

* The Browns dealt for Taylor, then took Mayfield.

* The Jets signed McCown and Bridgewater, then took Darnold.

*The Cardinals signed Bradford, then took Rosen.

Users who are viewing this thread