What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Breaking Bad on AMC (7 Viewers)

Tiger Fan said:
Onions said:
My apologies if someone has posted this thought...

While we are all focused on Jesse's gasoline pouring rage, his attempt to potentially burn down the White house, and who (or what) stops him from doing so, I think we are overlooking a huge potential effect of this:

From flash forwards, we obviously see that the White house doesn't burn to ground, but it appears that the kitchen area might have fire damage, and looks scorched.

I think there is a strong possibility that Jesse's fire, while not taking completely, does manage to do damage. The most important of which is it destroys Walt's lottery tickets with coordinates to the buried money.

Without the coordinates is Walt able to relocate the buried money? And if not, is that the driving factor to him to have to start cooking again?
wow...good point
Or maybe Walt does some cooking for Todd and Co. in exchange for getting someone(s) taken out. :shrug:
If they go this route it will be like when Galarraga was robbed of a perfect game with 2 outs in the 9th. Please no. Would be a travesty.
Is it an illogical scenario?
Walt forgetting the coordinates is a jump the shark moment.
I don't know about the driving him to cook again, but burning the ticket + forgetting the coordinates makes a lot of sense.

Walt wouldn't need the ticket at all if he just memorized the coordinates. He's obviously incapable of that, or at least worried enough about it to make them his lucky numbers.

There is no evidence that Walt is Heisenberg. None.
Sure there is:

1. Book

2. Walt's a chemist

3. Materials went missing from Walt's lab

4. Walt came into a ton of money

5. Walt had documented calls to Jesse

6. Hank provided info on Fring to Walt - Hank would testify to Walt's interest

7. The sketch artist's claim

And so on. Yes, none of this likely amounts to probable cause for arrest and almost certainly would not result in a conviction, but it's definitely "some evidence."
Also there's the DVD admitting to cooking meth...

See you guys Sunday. This #### is brutal. Sorry if I ever contributed to ruining things.
Ditto on all accounts. This was a good thread up until this year, when the shticktards decided it's time to ruin another FBG TV thread.
Huh?What makes this thread awful is the terrible predictions about what everyone thinks will happen and the way that most posters don't even seem to pay attention when watching so they have to get everything explained to them multiple times.

Good shtick is almost always appreciated in any thread.

See you guys Sunday. This #### is brutal. Sorry if I ever contributed to ruining things.
Ditto on all accounts. This was a good thread up until this year, when the shticktards decided it's time to ruin another FBG TV thread.
Huh?What makes this thread awful is the terrible predictions about what everyone thinks will happen and the way that most posters don't even seem to pay attention when watching so they have to get everything explained to them multiple times.

The terrible predictions and the multiple explanations have become shtick in some instances in this thread. And then there's LawyerChat.

Tiger Fan said:
Onions said:
My apologies if someone has posted this thought...

While we are all focused on Jesse's gasoline pouring rage, his attempt to potentially burn down the White house, and who (or what) stops him from doing so, I think we are overlooking a huge potential effect of this:

From flash forwards, we obviously see that the White house doesn't burn to ground, but it appears that the kitchen area might have fire damage, and looks scorched.

I think there is a strong possibility that Jesse's fire, while not taking completely, does manage to do damage. The most important of which is it destroys Walt's lottery tickets with coordinates to the buried money.

Without the coordinates is Walt able to relocate the buried money? And if not, is that the driving factor to him to have to start cooking again?
wow...good point
Or maybe Walt does some cooking for Todd and Co. in exchange for getting someone(s) taken out. :shrug:
If they go this route it will be like when Galarraga was robbed of a perfect game with 2 outs in the 9th. Please no. Would be a travesty.
Almost as bad as being really into a Wesley Snipes vampire movie.

I still don't find the scenes overly interesting where Jesse is mopey and such. I get that it is key to his character, but they just aren't that interesting to watch, IMO. I wasn't overly crazy about most of the scenes he was in tonight, the one with Walt definitely being the exception. Jesse is simply way more interesting when he is going full speed and running his mouth, as opposed to being detached and mopey.
I only watched the first two episodes of this season (will watch the 3rd tonight) but this right here holds the show back in a big way for me. I find myself reaching for my phone when his scenes come on...same with Skylar for tha past 3 years...

:goodposting: I'd add all the #####ing about the thread going downhill. That's more annoying than legal talk imo.

• Smile
Reactions: Zow

The terrible predictions and the multiple explanations have become shtick in some instances in this thread. And then there's LawyerChat.
the lawyerchat is beyond awful

:goodposting: I'd add all the #####ing about the thread going downhill. That's more annoying than legal talk imo.
oops lol

I still don't find the scenes overly interesting where Jesse is mopey and such. I get that it is key to his character, but they just aren't that interesting to watch, IMO. I wasn't overly crazy about most of the scenes he was in tonight, the one with Walt definitely being the exception. Jesse is simply way more interesting when he is going full speed and running his mouth, as opposed to being detached and mopey.
I only watched the first two episodes of this season (will watch the 3rd tonight) but this right here holds the show back in a big way for me. I find myself reaching for my phone when his scenes come on...same with Skylar for tha past 3 years...
You people have ADHD or something?

Not every scene can be all out high intensity or crap blowing up.

Those scenes with Sklylar/Jesse while not amazing are part of the bigger picture being painted here.

Like when Bob Ross starts painting some straight line and talking about happy trees.

I'm like WTF its a black line, then when he is done with a majestic mountain view with beautiful details, I look back and say, wow that straight line was a part of this beautiful shiit.

Those scenes with Sklylar/Jesse while not amazing are part of the bigger picture being painted here.

Like when Bob Ross starts painting some straight line and talking about happy trees.

I'm like WTF its a black line, then when he is done with a majestic mountain view with beautiful details, I look back and say, wow that straight line was a part of this beautiful shiit.
:lmao: Holy ####, my wife and I were just talking about this the other day

do we need to create a thread for long-time followers of the show? Lots of dumbing going on here. 2008/9 was a great year. I miss dem shiiits.
Just boot the lawyers from the thread then there is plenty of room to talk about Flynn's breakfast menu.
Just not all of the lawyers. Some of us have been avoiding those discussions, because we view Breaking Bad and FBGs as breaks from that.

The cycle of this thread is interesting, from the anticipation on Sunday to the reaction on Monday to the arguing over mundane side-topics through the rest of the week while we all sit around waiting for Sunday to come again.
:goodposting:

Check in on Sunday and Monday, skim Tuesday, abandon ship Wednesday through Saturday.

More on colors

Biggest color change that stuck out to me in the last episode is Marie going from Purple to Black. Black represents a strong color in the series, possibly representing Grim Reaper / death. Does she wear black for saying Walt should commit suicide or is it a cue that she is about to take action.

According to the link above three events over the course of the series where she wore black:

1) When Hank was in the hospital

2) When her kleptomania resurfaces

3) When there was a threat on Hank's life

Now that she has thrown the gauntlet at Walt/Skyler both in trying to abduct their children and now telling Walt to kill himself I wonder if this is setting her up to take a more active role in the ending.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like Todd, seems like a good kid. Well mannered, very polite, respects his elders... Hope things go well for him over the last 5 episodes.
Before this week's opener, we mostly saw Todd being very serious and quiet. Here we started out with him being all happy and laughing as he told the story to his uncle and his buddy. He looked and sounded eerily similar to a young Matt Damon.

I like Todd, seems like a good kid. Well mannered, very polite, respects his elders... Hope things go well for him over the last 5 episodes.
Before this week's opener, we mostly saw Todd being very serious and quiet. Here we started out with him being all happy and laughing as he told the story to his uncle and his buddy. He looked and sounded eerily similar to a young Matt Damon.
We said the same thing after that seen.

What about a black Matt Damon?

What about a black Matt Damon?
Whoa.

That intro scene last week has to be setting up the Neo-Nazis going after Walt for his meth-making expertise and/or his ability to get more methylamine. We already know that Todd has some issues running the cook on his own. These are some the worst guys that Walt will have encountered in his drug kingpin career. I have a feeling that the Neo-Nazis may be responsible for killing Walt, Jr. and that the M-60 is ultimately intended for them.

That intro scene last week has to be setting up the Neo-Nazis going after Walt for his meth-making expertise and/or his ability to get more methylamine. We already know that Todd has some issues running the cook on his own. These are some the worst guys that Walt will have encountered in his drug kingpin career. I have a feeling that the Neo-Nazis may be responsible for killing Walt, Jr. and that the M-60 is ultimately intended for them.
Is this all theory, or should the Walt Jr part have been spoiler tagged?

Maybe thats the drawback to watching them on DVD's versus every week. Maybe if I had 7 days to forget about it it would make it better?

Look, I love the show and I'm not trying to take away from it's greatness lol. You cant say anything bad about this show lol

Just pure speculation. I don't know any spoilers.

Writers setting up the audience for the happy ending at the end of the series when they have Todd take over as drug kingpin.
Yeah, I could see Todd becoming the kingpin for sure. Maybe sans Nazis... Maybe in charge of them. I just liked how he helped Lydia out of the underground lab and then gave Walt the head's up even though he didn't need to. He's always had good manners and respect for people in charge. He's going places.

I figured. Just fit together so perfectly that I started to wonder. Good theory.

I figured. Just fit together so perfectly that I started to wonder. Good theory.
I think it works save for the Walt Jr piece. I know it's widely speculated that he could die, but I'd personally be very surprised if Gilligan went there. I think Jr has served his purpose on this show, and won't serve as a trigger to the rest of the season. Could be wrong of course.

I actually do agree. Remember that I did say that the Jesse moping scenes are key to his character and the whole story.

Users who are viewing this thread