What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tiger Woods (3 Viewers)

DA RAIDERS said:
it's also the weird changes to the etiquette that the younger guys have never seen.  rose putted first on at least two holes, on day 3, when tiger was away.  why?  because if tiger holes out, rose has to putt through all the loons running to the next hole to get their spot.  tiger can make them wait, if he wants to.  i hope he keeps it up in the ryder cup, just to maximize the hysteria for next year's masters.  
he doesn't dominate match play;   if he does this year it will be a new development

a- no huge crowds of Tiger partisans to intimidate opponents

b- anyone can beat anyone in a one day match-  reduces any "intimidation" factor

c- tiger has historically been a grinder on really tough course which has allowed him to win the majors, he never entered these scoring spree tourneys where you had to shoot -24 to win.

match play favors the guys that aim to string lots of birdies together, not tactically work a golf course.

having said that, i'll be watching and rooting for Tiger to continue his comeback to world #1 player

Mods> Please change the thread title to "Fin was wrong and lots of dudes eating crow"
i think fin was right actually-  its been 10 years that's pretty good work.   

he may end up being wrong after the 15 year mark though but Fin was the first guy that i ran across that predicted the demise of tiger.

i think fin was right actually-  its been 10 years that's pretty good work.   

he may end up being wrong after the 15 year mark though but Fin was the first guy that i ran across that predicted the demise of tiger.
HE'S THE BEST GOLFER IN THE WORLD.  WTF MEANS "DEMISE"

This thread got weird 
It actually got exactly is it was expected to.  Lots of golf nerds were in here celebrating that the comeback was a struggle and Tiger was not doing well, and reveling in the fact that he was "finished," and now that they're wrong and he's the best golfer in the world again, it's like a ghost town in here.

Pretty much exactly as it goes around here

It actually got exactly is it was expected to.  Lots of golf nerds were in here celebrating that the comeback was a struggle and Tiger was not doing well, and reveling in the fact that he was "finished," and now that they're wrong and he's the best golfer in the world again, it's like a ghost town in here.

Uh... actually I meant the part where you're dredging up posts from 3 yrs ago :lol:

he doesn't dominate match play;   if he does this year it will be a new development

a- no huge crowds of Tiger partisans to intimidate opponents

b- anyone can beat anyone in a one day match-  reduces any "intimidation" factor

c- tiger has historically been a grinder on really tough course which has allowed him to win the majors, he never entered these scoring spree tourneys where you had to shoot -24 to win.

match play favors the guys that aim to string lots of birdies together, not tactically work a golf course.

having said that, i'll be watching and rooting for Tiger to continue his comeback to world #1 player
i wasn't talking about the ryder cup.  just hope he does well there

i wasn't talking about the ryder cup.  just hope he does well there
me too man, me too.    I'd like to see the US win it, we don't do well over there.

but you look at our team, its totally stacked, probably the best talent ever assembled for a ryder cup squad

Apparently;

1. Including the name of a fictional golfer from Happy Gilmore

2. Using that smiley at the end

3. Using a word the 3 Stooges made up

wasn't enough to let you know it was a joke post poking at the Tiger haters.

I'll try to be more obvious from now on.
:bag:  

Its a ghost town because no one cares again until about a week before The Masters

where are all the people who said we should pay our long-term Jack bets this year ...or even last?  

####### ham and eggers.

I not a Tiger fan, but I think it's great for golf that he's back winning tournaments.  I'll concede that I was sure that he was done (no bets made).  His comeback from fricken' BACK FUSION surgery has been absolutely incredible.  The scene around the green last Sunday was an awesome spectacle and one of the coolest things in sports I've seen in quite some time.    

The new Tiger is much easier to root for.   He seems more humble, has been far more friendly with the other players on tour and I think we will see him in the upcoming Ryder Cup as a phenomenal teammate. 

After he won last week a lot of the younger players congratulated him and gave them hugs and high-fives. The old tiger had very few fans amongst the players but these younger guys I grew up idolizing him and format of their games around his. It’s great to see him back and able to compete against the next generation.

Last edited by a moderator:
mr roboto said:
The new Tiger is much easier to root for.   He seems more humble, has been far more friendly with the other players on tour and I think we will see him in the upcoming Ryder Cup as a phenomenal teammate. 

After he won last week a lot of the younger players congratulated him and gave them hugs and high-fives. The old tiger had very few fans amongst the players but these younger guys I grew up idolizing him and format of their games around his. It’s great to see him back and able to compete against the next generation.
Helps that he brings in truckloads of money.  That money has to go somewhere. Even grinders are making 7 figures easy now.

mr roboto said:

I always wanted Tiger to be in the hunt...just thought the series of injuries and surgeries would be difficult to come back from at his age. As far s being more humble and friendlier getting older and realizing what he has missed the last 5-6 will do that. From here on in Tiger may turn into the respected elder statesman of the game much like Palmer and Nicklaus. With his resume that is the way it should be.

If every pro golfers personal life was put under a microscope like Woods has been...don`t think many would look too good.

So guys on the Best Coast can start watching this tonight at 11:10pm I think?  Might need to put on a pot of coffee tonight.  :coffee:

2:10 a.m.: Brooks Koepka & Tony Finau vs. Justin Rose & Jon Rahm

2:25 a.m.: Dustin Johnson & Rickie Fowler vs. Rory McIlroy & Thorbjorn Olesen

2:40 a.m.: Jordan Spieth & Justin Thomas vs. Paul Casey & Tyrrell Hatton

2:55 a.m.: Patrick Reed & Tiger Woods vs. Francesco Molinari & Tommy Fleetwood

:popcorn:

I was able to catch the last 4 holes Sunday and noticed the ridiculous amount of people in the gallery following Tiger to the 18th green.

Just a sea of humans running along behind him and pointing cell phones. and Tiger gets swallowed up and pops out of all of them at the green.

I'm not a regular golf watcher so I'm thinking this is pretty standard ... but later hearing that this was in fact unprecedented.  

So many people, so excited that Tiger was back on top. So good for the sport.

Not sure if he'll ever be able to string 4 quality rounds together again for another win but it certainly has peaked peoples interest again.

I was able to catch the last 4 holes Sunday and noticed the ridiculous amount of people in the gallery following Tiger to the 18th green.

Just a sea of humans running along behind him and pointing cell phones. and Tiger gets swallowed up and pops out of all of them at the green.

I'm not a regular golf watcher so I'm thinking this is pretty standard ... but later hearing that this was in fact unprecedented.  

So many people, so excited that Tiger was back on top. So good for the sport.

Not sure if he'll ever be able to string 4 quality rounds together again for another win but it certainly has peaked peoples interest again.
I mean it happens every so often. The british open is pretty famous for this. They stopped in the US letting this happen I assume for security reasons. I've seen the final hole of US opens from the fairway 2x. But they didn't let us out till the players were thru to the green. Watched the 3 jack at southern hills. 

I mean it happens every so often. The british open is pretty famous for this. They stopped in the US letting this happen I assume for security reasons. I've seen the final hole of US opens from the fairway 2x. But they didn't let us out till the players were thru to the green. Watched the 3 jack at southern hills. 
Nice.

I'm also just noticing that we are posing almost exactly the same way in our avatars. I can see how people in here might confuse the two of us.

Yes, the sea of losers was an abomination.  I can't comprehend why they allow that to happen.  

Last edited by a moderator:
This is nothing new. He's a terrible team player for whatever reason...while also being possible the best match play golfer of all time.

Users who are viewing this thread