Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
offdee

THE FBG Fashion Thread :style:

44 minutes ago, Major said:

I'm looking for a summer suit, one that isn't so heavy and more breathable in this heat.  Thoughts on this look?   If nothing else, the shoes are a must have for the Fall.  

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzBjsQClveL/

i've seen better crafted cod pieces, tbh

I'm wearing those shoes right now, but have been trying to figure out what to wear with them. Case closed.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

I'm wearing those shoes right now, but have been trying to figure out what to wear with them. Case closed.

Scarf should complete the ensemble. 

1 minute ago, Man of Constant Sorrow said:
24 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

Scarf should complete the ensemble. 

Add a cod piece to match the scarf.

On 5/13/2019 at 10:07 PM, Ilov80s said:

I especially like them for getting some work down around the yard. I notice my neighbors staring so I know I am looking good. 

They were staring because you left the $1,200 price tag on them. 

19 minutes ago, Spike said:

They were staring because you left the $1,200 price tag on them. 

oh how embarrassing 

• Sad 1

Let's talk business shoes. 

I wore out the bottom of my go to pair after two years. These were adequate I bought right before joining the non-boot-wearing workforce, office setting. Not expensive, probably not worth resoleing.  Dockers, comfortable and look good (IMO) not they're ready to be put out to pasture.

Are $200+ shoes for the office really worth it?  Where do you find the best shoes for a good value? I'll probably have to hide the cost from my wife, she won't be happy if I'm paying more than $100 for shoes. 

Looking for some summer shoes to wear with shorts and jut can`t seem to find some that catch my eye.   No flip flops or sandals.

Summer shoes: 

https://www.colehaan.com/2.zerogrand-laser-wingtip-oxford-magnet-ironstone-stitchlite/C27565.html

By far the most comfortable shoes I’ve ever owned. I wear them sockless and between the material and breathability they are incredible.

Look great with shorts, slacks, or nice jeans. Most complemented footwear I’ve ever owned. They are wearing pretty well thus far as well. Just ordered another pair in bright blue. Lots of color options. 

Cannot recommend highly enough. 

Edited by [icon]
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Da Guru said:

Looking for some summer shoes to wear with shorts and jut can`t seem to find some that catch my eye.   No flip flops or sandals.

On 6/27/2019 at 5:40 AM, -OZ- said:

Let's talk business shoes. 

I wore out the bottom of my go to pair after two years. These were adequate I bought right before joining the non-boot-wearing workforce, office setting. Not expensive, probably not worth resoleing.  Dockers, comfortable and look good (IMO) not they're ready to be put out to pasture.

Are $200+ shoes for the office really worth it?  Where do you find the best shoes for a good value? I'll probably have to hide the cost from my wife, she won't be happy if I'm paying more than $100 for shoes. 

Allen Edmonds is still probably the best bet for dress/office shoes in the $150-$300 range (never pay full retail). They are (mostly) made in USA and most models are made to be re-soled.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, [icon] said:

Summer shoes: 

https://www.colehaan.com/2.zerogrand-laser-wingtip-oxford-magnet-ironstone-stitchlite/C27565.html

By far the most comfortable shoes I’ve ever owned. I wear them sockless and between the material and breathability they are incredible.

Look great with shorts, slacks, or nice jeans. Most complemented footwear I’ve ever owned. They are wearing pretty well thus far as well. Just ordered another pair in bright blue. Lots of color options. 

i stopped by cole haan when Nike bought them. the quality control suffered mightily with that transition. i wouldn't wear them again unless they changed ownership.

2 hours ago, D_House said:

Allen Edmonds is still probably the best bet for dress/office shoes in the $150-$300 range (never pay full retail). They are (mostly) made in USA and most models are made to be re-soled.

Johnston - Murphy has a premium line with Italian made business shoes. Terrific, soft calfskin leather for around $200 on sale. 

1 hour ago, saintfool said:

i stopped by cole haan when Nike bought them. the quality control suffered mightily with that transition. i wouldn't wear them again unless they changed ownership.

:shrug: suit yourself

For anyone without such a hangup, these are awesome, well made shoes :thumbup: 

5 hours ago, D_House said:

Bought a pair of Ecco for $90. We'll see how they work

9 hours ago, [icon] said:

Summer shoes: 

They're great for travel too as they are super comfortable for long periods on your feet and slip off and on with ease. No shoe I wear gets noticed more than my Cole Haans.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2019 at 9:19 AM, [icon] said:

Summer shoes: 

Welcome to 2013 my friend.  Pretty sure I recommend similar Cole Haans back then.  I still love them for form and function.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Major said:

Welcome to 2013 my friend.  Pretty sure I recommend similar Cole Haans back then.  I still love them for form and function.  

I was still hung up on hypercolor, cut me some slack man. 

• Like 2

White shorts for clay courts: yay or nay?

53 minutes ago, rockaction said:

White shorts for clay courts: yay or nay?

Yay

14 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

Yay

I'm going big or going home, Raffa-style.

On 6/29/2019 at 1:51 PM, [icon] said:

:shrug: suit yourself

For anyone without such a hangup, these are awesome, well made shoes :thumbup: 

the desire for well made shoes qualifies as a "hang up'? it's good to hear that their QC has apparently improved in the intervening years and you're enjoying them.

• Like 1

Anyone have custom made dress shoes?   What should I know and what should I be asking?

On 6/29/2019 at 2:21 PM, -OZ- said:

Bought a pair of Ecco for $90. We'll see how they work

No half sizes. Stupid. Great if you don’t need the 1/2 or .5

• Like 1

On 6/29/2019 at 5:12 PM, Ignoramus said:

They're great for travel too as they are super comfortable for long periods on your feet and slip off and on with ease. No shoe I wear gets noticed more than my Cole Haans.

Did you get that grayish color pictured? Need a comfortable shoe for Spain/Portugal trip. I have a few colors of the Cole Haan leather sneakers? and love them 

19 hours ago, Nugget said:

Anyone have custom made dress shoes?   What should I know and what should I be asking?

I do custom made socks, haven’t stepped into (if you’ll pardon the pun) custom kicks quite yet 

8 hours ago, Judge Smails said:

No half sizes. Stupid. Great if you don’t need the 1/2 or .5

Ideally I'd wear 11.5 but I'm not running or hiking in these so 12 work. 

So headed to Portugal/Spain.  Time to go shopping.  Need to pick up some good pants for travels and the some GREAT polo shirts to have flexibility.  So where do I shop for the best polo shirts? I'm a noob.  Strictly Nordstrom polos or the Calvin Klein's on sale at Costco.  Don't worry it's not my only fashion but want in a pinch..Also how about some great lightweight short sleeve shirts for shirts untucked? Only have 2 weeks until I go so no custom ordering..

8 hours ago, Judge Smails said:

So headed to Portugal/Spain.  Time to go shopping.  Need to pick up some good pants for travels and the some GREAT polo shirts to have flexibility.  So where do I shop for the best polo shirts? I'm a noob.  Strictly Nordstrom polos or the Calvin Klein's on sale at Costco.  Don't worry it's not my only fashion but want in a pinch..Also how about some great lightweight short sleeve shirts for shirts untucked? Only have 2 weeks until I go so no custom ordering..

Here are some ideas:

https://dappered.com/2019/04/polopalooza-the-best-looking-affordable-polos-of-2019/

11 hours ago, Judge Smails said:

For a great polo, look for mercerized cotton.  Here's one example that will work well https://www.canali.com/en_us/bordeaux-mercerized-cotton-jersey-polo-shirt-t0458mj00002951.html

IF that's too much bread for you, ASOS makes great-fitting polos 

https://www.asos.com/us/jack-jones/jack-jones-essentials-slim-fit-pique-logo-polo-in-white/prd/9219341?clr=white&colourWayId=15026058&SearchQuery=&cid=4616

Was in Chicago last month for work and one of the guys get tickets for our group to a Cub game.  It was only a 2 days trip and I did not bring any type of casual comfortable shoes to wear out.  I run out to Nordstrom's to see if I can find something.  I have plenty of shoes at home so I don`t want to spend much and ran across these on sale for around 30 bucks.    https://www.amazon.com/Ben-Sherman-Percy-Laceless-Sneakers/dp/B07N7J47M7

They looked OK to wear with jeans and were very comfortable so I bought them.   We were with a group of 12 people and one of the younger ladies says.  "Where did you get those shoes?"   I tell her and she says she is getting a pair for her hubby the next day.  Then 2 of the guys say they like the shoes and I am thinking I have worn 200 dollar shoes and nobody says a word.  Now I am getting compliments on a cheap pair of canvas shoes? Maybe I should order more if the different colors. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bull Dozier said:

i've been buying these Goodfellow polo's from Target. they are great. they fit me well and have a good feel.

Just now, mr. furley said:

i've been buying these Goodfellow polo's from Target. they are great. they fit me well and have a good feel.

I've found the Goodfellow stuff to be hit or miss.  I haven't tried the polo's yet.  Some of the material on some of the stuff seems wonky, and I may have been scared off by some of the reviews that say there is a big gap between large and medium, and I am often in between.  I do like the mens care products.

29 minutes ago, Bull Dozier said:

I've found the Goodfellow stuff to be hit or miss.  I haven't tried the polo's yet.  Some of the material on some of the stuff seems wonky, and I may have been scared off by some of the reviews that say there is a big gap between large and medium, and I am often in between.  I do like the mens care products.

the chino's are great, too. i'm at the office wearing a pair now. 

i'd say like any of the mass produced garments at Target, Gap, etc. there's going to be some variance even in the same size articles of clothing but it's not a huge disparity or anything. 

it's great filler for office wear if you aren't in a high powered, presentation-is-everything, type setting.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Judge Smails said:

I have has some luck with Jomers and Speier & McKay for short-sleeved shirts. Good quality, style and pricing.

19 hours ago, Judge Smails said:

You strike me as a Gucci guy.  Their polos are timeless:  

https://www.gucci.com/us/en/pr/men/mens-ready-to-wear/mens-t-shirts-polos/cotton-polo-with-web-collar-p-408321X73319060

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mr. furley said:

those jeggings are ridiculous, tho

Ha.  Didn't even notice that.  Please don't report me.  I realize the yoga pants thread got shut down for a reason.  

• Thanks 1

On 9/13/2019 at 7:26 PM, Judge Smails said:
On 9/12/2019 at 5:42 PM, Major said:

$495.  Must have mistaken me for Chet

that model looks like something that was leftover from a Decemberists concert.  

• Laughing 1

Just now, Binky The Doormat said:

that model looks like something that was leftover from a Decemberists concert.  

With a sadly noticeable banana hammock for jean fit. 

14 hours ago, shuke said:

$37.99

sale must be over :shrug:

On 9/12/2019 at 8:30 AM, Da Guru said:

Was in Chicago last month for work and one of the guys get tickets for our group to a Cub game.  It was only a 2 days trip and I did not bring any type of casual comfortable shoes to wear out.  I run out to Nordstrom's to see if I can find something.  I have plenty of shoes at home so I don`t want to spend much and ran across these on sale for around 30 bucks.    https://www.amazon.com/Ben-Sherman-Percy-Laceless-Sneakers/dp/B07N7J47M7

They looked OK to wear with jeans and were very comfortable so I bought them.   We were with a group of 12 people and one of the younger ladies says.  "Where did you get those shoes?"   I tell her and she says she is getting a pair for her hubby the next day.  Then 2 of the guys say they like the shoes and I am thinking I have worn 200 dollar shoes and nobody says a word.  Now I am getting compliments on a cheap pair of canvas shoes? Maybe I should order more if the different colors. 

I love the light gray ones. Gotta keep my eye on the next sale.