What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

THE FBG Fashion Thread :style: (4 Viewers)

Summer shoes: 

https://www.colehaan.com/2.zerogrand-laser-wingtip-oxford-magnet-ironstone-stitchlite/C27565.html

By far the most comfortable shoes I’ve ever owned. I wear them sockless and between the material and breathability they are incredible.

Look great with shorts, slacks, or nice jeans. Most complemented footwear I’ve ever owned. They are wearing pretty well thus far as well. Just ordered another pair in bright blue. Lots of color options. 

Cannot recommend highly enough. 
i stopped by cole haan when Nike bought them. the quality control suffered mightily with that transition. i wouldn't wear them again unless they changed ownership.

Allen Edmonds is still probably the best bet for dress/office shoes in the $150-$300 range (never pay full retail). They are (mostly) made in USA and most models are made to be re-soled.
Johnston - Murphy has a premium line with Italian made business shoes. Terrific, soft calfskin leather for around $200 on sale. 

i stopped by cole haan when Nike bought them. the quality control suffered mightily with that transition. i wouldn't wear them again unless they changed ownership.
:shrug:  suit yourself

For anyone without such a hangup, these are awesome, well made shoes :thumbup:  

Allen Edmonds is still probably the best bet for dress/office shoes in the $150-$300 range (never pay full retail). They are (mostly) made in USA and most models are made to be re-soled.
Bought a pair of Ecco for $90. We'll see how they work

Summer shoes: 

https://www.colehaan.com/2.zerogrand-laser-wingtip-oxford-magnet-ironstone-stitchlite/C27565.html

By far the most comfortable shoes I’ve ever owned. I wear them sockless and between the material and breathability they are incredible.

Look great with shorts, slacks, or nice jeans. Most complemented footwear I’ve ever owned. They are wearing pretty well thus far as well. Just ordered another pair in bright blue. Lots of color options. 

They're great for travel too as they are super comfortable for long periods on your feet and slip off and on with ease. No shoe I wear gets noticed more than my Cole Haans.

Summer shoes: 

Welcome to 2013 my friend.  Pretty sure I recommend similar Cole Haans back then.  I still love them for form and function.  

They're great for travel too as they are super comfortable for long periods on your feet and slip off and on with ease. No shoe I wear gets noticed more than my Cole Haans.
Did you get that grayish color pictured? Need a comfortable shoe for Spain/Portugal trip. I have a few colors of the Cole Haan leather sneakers? and love them 

Nugget said:
Anyone have custom made dress shoes?   What should I know and what should I be asking?
I do custom made socks, haven’t stepped into (if you’ll pardon the pun) custom kicks quite yet 

So headed to Portugal/Spain.  Time to go shopping.  Need to pick up some good pants for travels and the some GREAT polo shirts to have flexibility.  So where do I shop for the best polo shirts? I'm a noob.  Strictly Nordstrom polos or the Calvin Klein's on sale at Costco.  Don't worry it's not my only fashion but want in a pinch..Also how about some great lightweight short sleeve shirts for shirts untucked? Only have 2 weeks until I go so no custom ordering..

Judge Smails said:
So headed to Portugal/Spain.  Time to go shopping.  Need to pick up some good pants for travels and the some GREAT polo shirts to have flexibility.  So where do I shop for the best polo shirts? I'm a noob.  Strictly Nordstrom polos or the Calvin Klein's on sale at Costco.  Don't worry it's not my only fashion but want in a pinch..Also how about some great lightweight short sleeve shirts for shirts untucked? Only have 2 weeks until I go so no custom ordering..
Here are some ideas:

https://dappered.com/2019/04/polopalooza-the-best-looking-affordable-polos-of-2019/

Judge Smails said:
For a great polo, look for mercerized cotton.  Here's one example that will work well https://www.canali.com/en_us/bordeaux-mercerized-cotton-jersey-polo-shirt-t0458mj00002951.html

IF that's too much bread for you, ASOS makes great-fitting polos 

https://www.asos.com/us/jack-jones/jack-jones-essentials-slim-fit-pique-logo-polo-in-white/prd/9219341?clr=white&colourWayId=15026058&SearchQuery=&cid=4616

Was in Chicago last month for work and one of the guys get tickets for our group to a Cub game.  It was only a 2 days trip and I did not bring any type of casual comfortable shoes to wear out.  I run out to Nordstrom's to see if I can find something.  I have plenty of shoes at home so I don`t want to spend much and ran across these on sale for around 30 bucks.    https://www.amazon.com/Ben-Sherman-Percy-Laceless-Sneakers/dp/B07N7J47M7

They looked OK to wear with jeans and were very comfortable so I bought them.   We were with a group of 12 people and one of the younger ladies says.  "Where did you get those shoes?"   I tell her and she says she is getting a pair for her hubby the next day.  Then 2 of the guys say they like the shoes and I am thinking I have worn 200 dollar shoes and nobody says a word.  Now I am getting compliments on a cheap pair of canvas shoes? Maybe I should order more if the different colors. 

i've been buying these Goodfellow polo's from Target. they are great. they fit me well and have a good feel.
I've found the Goodfellow stuff to be hit or miss.  I haven't tried the polo's yet.  Some of the material on some of the stuff seems wonky, and I may have been scared off by some of the reviews that say there is a big gap between large and medium, and I am often in between.  I do like the mens care products.

I've found the Goodfellow stuff to be hit or miss.  I haven't tried the polo's yet.  Some of the material on some of the stuff seems wonky, and I may have been scared off by some of the reviews that say there is a big gap between large and medium, and I am often in between.  I do like the mens care products.
the chino's are great, too. i'm at the office wearing a pair now. 

i'd say like any of the mass produced garments at Target, Gap, etc. there's going to be some variance even in the same size articles of clothing but it's not a huge disparity or anything. 

it's great filler for office wear if you aren't in a high powered, presentation-is-everything, type setting.

Judge Smails said:
I have has some luck with Jomers and Speier & McKay for short-sleeved shirts. Good quality, style and pricing.

Judge Smails said:
You strike me as a Gucci guy.  Their polos are timeless:  

https://www.gucci.com/us/en/pr/men/mens-ready-to-wear/mens-t-shirts-polos/cotton-polo-with-web-collar-p-408321X73319060

Was in Chicago last month for work and one of the guys get tickets for our group to a Cub game.  It was only a 2 days trip and I did not bring any type of casual comfortable shoes to wear out.  I run out to Nordstrom's to see if I can find something.  I have plenty of shoes at home so I don`t want to spend much and ran across these on sale for around 30 bucks.    https://www.amazon.com/Ben-Sherman-Percy-Laceless-Sneakers/dp/B07N7J47M7

They looked OK to wear with jeans and were very comfortable so I bought them.   We were with a group of 12 people and one of the younger ladies says.  "Where did you get those shoes?"   I tell her and she says she is getting a pair for her hubby the next day.  Then 2 of the guys say they like the shoes and I am thinking I have worn 200 dollar shoes and nobody says a word.  Now I am getting compliments on a cheap pair of canvas shoes? Maybe I should order more if the different colors. 
I love the light gray ones. Gotta keep my eye on the next sale.

looking for some casual boots to wear with jeans

this is a regular problem for me. i search & search, give up, then randomly stumble across a pair that are at least passable for the season. haven't stumbled across any pairs i like for this winter.. which means i'm stuck wearing the same pair i've had the last 4 winters. they're worn flat, beat to hell & have no more grip on the sole. it's going to be like walking on black ice. 

as my wife likes to say i'm "super picky". i'm not a fan of the dress boot look. not a fan of the Doc Martens look. don't want construction type boots. 

in the past i've tended to wear moc toe boots most & in the distant past Timberland field boots.

the trouble now is, locally, there aren't places for men to shop for things like this. there's not much in between Payless and dress shoes/boots at places that sell men's suits. 

what are the online outlets for casual men's boots? i can find Amazon and Zappos just fine but which sites specialize in men's boots? are there specific online retailers with a large selection i'm missing?

this is a regular problem for me. i search & search, give up, then randomly stumble across a pair that are at least passable for the season. haven't stumbled across any pairs i like for this winter.. which means i'm stuck wearing the same pair i've had the last 4 winters. they're worn flat, beat to hell & have no more grip on the sole. it's going to be like walking on black ice. 

as my wife likes to say i'm "super picky". i'm not a fan of the dress boot look. not a fan of the Doc Martens look. don't want construction type boots. 

in the past i've tended to wear moc toe boots most & in the distant past Timberland field boots.

the trouble now is, locally, there aren't places for men to shop for things like this. there's not much in between Payless and dress shoes/boots at places that sell men's suits. 

what are the online outlets for casual men's boots? i can find Amazon and Zappos just fine but which sites specialize in men's boots? are there specific online retailers with a large selection i'm missing?
Say no more fam.  Barneys is your one stop shop for all booting needs.  I'd lean toward something like this.  5% off as well:

https://www.barneys.com/product/amiri-bandana-strap-suede-jodhpur-boots-505717195.html

Red Wing boots.  Their wheelhouse is "construction style" boots as you call them, but they have moc toe, and other styles as well.  They are not cheap, but very well made.  And, when the sole wears out, just send them in to get re-soled and the boots you love and have broken in are like new.

I have a pair of Iron Rangers, a year and a half old.  Wear them 4-5 days a week and the soles barely look worn yet.

as my wife likes to say i'm "super picky". 
I think the word you are looking for is fickle based off your other posts in here

Boots are something I am willing to spend on.  First, they are like double the material of shoes.  Second, nice boots get noticed.  Third, nice boots feel great on your feet

I am a big Paul Smith fan for boots.  You can get them on sale if you watch

https://www.paulsmith.com/us/mens/shoes/boots

I think the word you are looking for is fickle based off your other posts in here

Boots are something I am willing to spend on.  First, they are like double the material of shoes.  Second, nice boots get noticed.  Third, nice boots feel great on your feet

i'm quite the opposite of fickle. tend to stick with what i know and ride it out for a long time. hence, somewhat being stuck in a boot rut and trying to find a way to break out of it.  i'm ready for something new but i'm having a hard time changing.

Bought a pair of Samuel Hubbard’s Re-boot and love them for their comfort

Major said:
all :style: schtick aside, you really can't go wrong with Frye boots.  Classic styles that hold up and great quality.  Lots of nice looks for $50 off.  Major recommends the Scout Boot or the Korver Utility:  https://www.thefryecompany.com/collections/men-promo-boots
When they made them in the US, the quality was impeccable. They had a factory in upstate NY that I was able to call into and get the last 2 pair of boots in a particular style that was planned to be discontinued. They took my order right over the phone and shipped them the next day. Since moving the production facilities to, irrc, Mexico about 15 years ago the quality has been spotty. 

wilked said:

One of my projects this year was a loft in Soho...the street level space in the building was used for rotating sample sales, so I'd stop in after my weekly site meetings if there was men's stuff. I bought a pair of Paul Smith sneakers and boots at one...love both. Either are usually too much for my blood, even on normal sale, but got both for 100. Wish I had bought another couple pairs tbh.

ETA... And I'll throw my hat behind the Frye and red wing suggestions too...epsecially the latter, which are typically more "work boot" which imo makes them cooler than "style" boots that are meant to look like work boots.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread