What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

THE FBG Fashion Thread :style: (4 Viewers)

What I was hoping people could help me with is shoes.  I'm looking for casual shoes for the office.  Specifically, I would like loafers but I need ones whose sole is rubber.  I've bought pairs of shoes in the past only to find out they're more like skates than shoes because they would have no grip on the ground.

I used to buy Cole Haan loafers but their quality really went downhill the last 5 years or so.

Please hit me up with options!

Thanks, Spike.
Jeez- me me me... why don't you just start your own thread already!?

wink. wink. it's a joke. good luck with the shoes. that wasn't serious. the shoe part was. maybe. but not the other part.

@offdee what do you know about Milworks in the 3rd ward?

any similar type shops around town?
I honestly am not sure about that place, never been in there. I don't even bother shopping at Milwaukee stores anymore for :style: clothes. Workout stuff, sure, but everything else is very cookie cutter common to me. My go to apps are Fashion Nova and ASOS (and Zara sometimes). Order stuff in different sizes, if needed, and then just easy returns if it's not me.

I honestly am not sure about that place, never been in there. I don't even bother shopping at Milwaukee stores anymore for :style: clothes. Workout stuff, sure, but everything else is very cookie cutter common to me. My go to apps are Fashion Nova and ASOS (and Zara sometimes). Order stuff in different sizes, if needed, and then just easy returns if it's not me.

don't forget www.mrporter.com

now imagine living somewhere with even less options.

killer selection of Wranglers and Lee's, but we have one men's clothier here and it's mostly suiting and $300 polo's.

i'm needing some new denim but am loathe to just buy randomly from a website.

now imagine living somewhere with even less options.

killer selection of Wranglers and Lee's, but we have one men's clothier here and it's mostly suiting and $300 polo's.

i'm needing some new denim but am loathe to just buy randomly from a website.
They make it so easy to return clothes now, just buy a few different sizes/cuts and return the ones that don’t work. My go to jeans are NEUW and order through their site

At what age does the white male start wearing the white New Balance sneakers with almost every outfit?

They’re very popular here in Florida.

At what age does the white male start wearing the white New Balance sneakers with almost every outfit?

The ironic thing is (being a bit of a sneakerhead), these white NB dad shoes are very popular amongst the teens/20's. They have become so lame, they are now cool. Same thing with Crocs. Ironic fashion. New Balance is now catering to the younger crowd with designs and I've heard rumors they may make the New Balance Dad shoes have a green sole and added green splatter to the shoe to make it look grass stained from mowing the lawn :lmao:

Last edited:

I don't get it. Your eyes still work, you have the same brain that told you New Balance was lame when you were 25.

It's like those chunky Balenciaga sneakers that LOOKED like New Balance. Ugly by any measure.

I don't get it. Your eyes still work, you have the same brain that told you New Balance was lame when you were 25.

It's like those chunky Balenciaga sneakers that LOOKED like New Balance. Ugly by any measure.

Those Balenciagas grew on me over the years but still not my thing and those NB dad shoes never will. I thought Crocs were bad until the Yeezy Foam Runners dropped. Yikes

I occasionally wear socks with my crocks when I leave the house wearing cargo shorts and cheap t-shirt that I bought from Costco.

Is this the thread for me?

I can help out as needed.

Just purchased a couple pairs of shorts with a 7” inseam. Pretty happy letting my soccer legs get a bit more exposure.

Looking for some advice from the board - two things I'm in the market for...

Men's dress shirts. My new role has me dressing up a bit more. I have a very extensive (35+ shirts) wardrobe of standard dress shirts. Post-covid, I go into the office 2-3x a week tops. Far less than before...we're also now allowed to wear jeans, so I wear dress shirts less too. My current selection really is only about 10-15 as a lot of them are 8+ years old and honestly I need to just purge. I was previously 100% a Charles Tyrwhitt guy. 3 shirts for $100, or even $3 for $120 sales were my bread and butter. Now, I see it's 4 shirts for $259! That's $65 a shirt. CTshirts was always a nice mix of quality, selection, and affordability. At $65 a shirt, I'm considering other options. There has to be either a cheaper shirt of equal quality, or a better shirt for the now $65 tag. Whatcha got FBGs?

Second one is also somewhat related - Basic white tank top undershirts. I stocked up on a brand called Texiera a few years back. $14 a shirt. White, ribbed bamboo viscose. They don't sell them anymore. Key features are ribbed, soft, and not super tight/form-fitting. I like them to lay, not squeeze, but also not be baggy. The bamboo ones were nice - but I don't think it's a full requirement. The basic Haynes/Fruit-of-the-loom ones are awful. I'd prefer them for under $20 a shirt. Any recommendations?

Looking for some advice from the board - two things I'm in the market for...

Men's dress shirts. My new role has me dressing up a bit more. I have a very extensive (35+ shirts) wardrobe of standard dress shirts. Post-covid, I go into the office 2-3x a week tops. Far less than before...we're also now allowed to wear jeans, so I wear dress shirts less too. My current selection really is only about 10-15 as a lot of them are 8+ years old and honestly I need to just purge. I was previously 100% a Charles Tyrwhitt guy. 3 shirts for $100, or even $3 for $120 sales were my bread and butter. Now, I see it's 4 shirts for $259! That's $65 a shirt. CTshirts was always a nice mix of quality, selection, and affordability. At $65 a shirt, I'm considering other options. There has to be either a cheaper shirt of equal quality, or a better shirt for the now $65 tag. Whatcha got FBGs?

Second one is also somewhat related - Basic white tank top undershirts. I stocked up on a brand called Texiera a few years back. $14 a shirt. White, ribbed bamboo viscose. They don't sell them anymore. Key features are ribbed, soft, and not super tight/form-fitting. I like them to lay, not squeeze, but also not be baggy. The bamboo ones were nice - but I don't think it's a full requirement. The basic Haynes/Fruit-of-the-loom ones are awful. I'd prefer them for under $20 a shirt. Any recommendations?

Target actually has decent quality for the price. Go in there and see what works for you. Goodfelllow and a few of their in house brands are actually pretty good for the price ( $30 dress shirts, etc). Other than that, wait for the end of season sales and buy designer at 80%+ off.

Is there a hipper jacket style than a North face for 16 year old boy?
drop my kid off at HS every day and i can confidently say that the choice of HS kids today is no jacket at all.

it's 30 here today. i saw not one jacket. in fact, most of the kids walking up were wearing shorts and t-shirts.

Is there a hipper jacket style than a North face for 16 year old boy?
drop my kid off at HS every day and i can confidently say that the choice of HS kids today is no jacket at all.

it's 30 here today. i saw not one jacket. in fact, most of the kids walking up were wearing shorts and t-shirts.
Yep.

It's hoodie season here in KC.
Kids don't have lockers anymore. Hoodies rule between 10F-80F.

say what you will about Carhartt but i bought a heavy duty zip-up hoodie 30 years ago for working outdoors and i STILL have that thing. it's completely intact, if the color faded a little and it's got some work stains on it but the material has held up all these years. no tears. no defects. nothing. it's insane.

say what you will about Carhartt but i bought a heavy duty zip-up hoodie 30 years ago for working outdoors and i STILL have that thing. it's completely intact, if the color faded a little and it's got some work stains on it but the material has held up all these years. no tears. no defects. nothing. it's insane.
Oh. I agree I love Carhartt....it was my go-to when working for my dad back in the day......

I was just commenting on how now it's allegedly stylish

that vintage Carnhartt also carries a nice premium in resell markets compared to the newer stuff. I've seen some of those jackets selling for $250+

is this where i inquire about stylish flip flops? :D

Slides are where its at. Love the form and function of these gems. Plus 30% off:

I don't know what's funnier the shoe or the price point
Um, I'll take a pair of Crocs to wear around the house for $20 over these abominations.

is this where i inquire about stylish flip flops? :D

Slides are where its at. Love the form and function of these gems. Plus 30% off:

I don't know what's funnier the shoe or the price point
Um, I'll take a pair of Crocs to wear around the house for $20 over these abominations.
I assumed he was kidding.

He wasn’t?

Users who are viewing this thread