What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

THE FBG Fashion Thread :style: (2 Viewers)

This is where you're wrong IMO but then again I have a different eye and notice the subtle differences between a quality pair of jeans and something you buy at Sears. I would never wear a pair of Sears jeans with a sportscoat. I will wear a nice pair of APCs, Rogan or Nudie with a sportscoat.
Probably right but I would never wear a sportscoat with jeans :pickle: .... and to me these new "expensive" clothes look cheap. I guess it's like being a videophile/audiophile.

This is where you're wrong IMO but then again I have a different eye and notice the subtle differences between a quality pair of jeans and something you buy at Sears. I would never wear a pair of Sears jeans with a sportscoat. I will wear a nice pair of APCs, Rogan or Nudie with a sportscoat.
Probably right but I would never wear a sportscoat with jeans :mellow: .... and to me these new "expensive" clothes look cheap. I guess it's like being a videophile/audiophile.
See to me, a nice Armani suit will never look cheap and go out of style unless you go for something drastic look. Same with a nice pair of jeans. Whatever works for you though. We all put value on different luxuries. I like nice clothes. I don't have a car in NYC and don't need one. I spend most of my fun money on travel, electronics and fashion. I'd rather do this than buy season tickets for the local NFL team.

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably right but I would never wear a sportscoat with jeans :mellow: .... and to me these new "expensive" clothes look cheap. I guess it's like being a videophile/audiophile.
See to me, an nice Armani suit will never look cheap and go out of style unless you do something drastic. Same with a nice pair of jeans. Whatever works for you though. We all put value on different luxuries. I like nice clothes. I don't have a car in NYC and don't need one. I spend most of my fun money on travel, electronics and fashion. I'd rather do this than buy season tickets for the local NFL team.
Well I understand spending money on a nice suit. I'm not completely lost ;) I don't spend a ton of money on stuff, part of me wants to just go in debt like others and go on the nicer vacation, buy the TV etc etc etc. Yes I finally bought a new car after 11 years but I'll end up keeping this one for the same amount of time :stingy:

Probably right but I would never wear a sportscoat with jeans ;) .... and to me these new "expensive" clothes look cheap. I guess it's like being a videophile/audiophile.
You should. This is a :mellow: look, it's versatile, and it's an easy way to outclass your friends 9 times out of 10.

proninja said:
$90 FOR JEANS. I'm done with this thread.WTH is wrong with you people $90 FOR JEANS!!!!
It's disgusting, isn't it? I can't find a decent pair for under $150 and then I hear people finding good jeans for $90. I'll believe it when I see it.
I found a really nice pair of joe's at nordstrom rack the other day for $80.
on sale or retail price? the price I'm quoting is retail. I can find a lot of nice jeans during sample sale and clearance season for under $100.

proninja said:
proninja said:
$90 FOR JEANS. I'm done with this thread.WTH is wrong with you people $90 FOR JEANS!!!!
It's disgusting, isn't it? I can't find a decent pair for under $150 and then I hear people finding good jeans for $90. I'll believe it when I see it.
I found a really nice pair of joe's at nordstrom rack the other day for $80.
on sale or retail price? the price I'm quoting is retail. I can find a lot of nice jeans during sample sale and clearance season for under $100.
Nordstrom Rack is where clothes go from the regular Nordstroms if they don't sell quickly enough, when seasons change, etc. Most everything there is at a pretty substantial discount from Nordstroms, the only real difference is the lack of service, but if you know what you're looking for and don't mind digging through stuff, it's a great place to find good deals. Not sure how common they are outside of the Seattle area though.
Oh ok...like Neiman's Last Call, Barney's Warehouse, etc. Great buys at these places. I comb through them once or twice a year.

Probably right but I would never wear a sportscoat with jeans :yawn: .... and to me these new "expensive" clothes look cheap. I guess it's like being a videophile/audiophile.
You should. This is a :rant: look, it's versatile, and it's an easy way to outclass your friends 9 times out of 10.
Yes. Trick is to make sure it's not a formal jacket. Jeans and a blue blazer with gold buttons :hophead: Jeans with a deconstructed blazer with natural shoulders in a muted dark color is :wall: J

Serious question. What's the ruling onthese shoes? I wear them to work with khakis/chinos.
Not too bad. I usually prefer this "bulky" look with the thick sole and overall heavy feel on more athletic type of sneakers that you'd wear with jeans, and go with the more slick, simple and streamlined look when it comes to dressier/work shoes.

I know, right? I can pick up probably 5 pairs of jeans for the price these guys are paying for 1.
:goodposting: I like my Lucky's, and I'm as concerned about the thoughts of those who might think they're crap as I am about the thoughts of those who think I paid too much for jeans. If I find something I like, I buy it. Sometimes it's cheap. Sometimes it's expensive. Generally it's somewhere in the middle. Fortunately, my three year-old thinks everything is "cute" and I'd just as soon impress her as anybody else. For those more concerned with hunting ### than the balance in their IRA, though, I get it. Everybody has priorities. You can always make up for spent money after you're married. It's tougher to get a do-over on the other if you're not named Disco Stu. :-)finger:)It's largely an entertaining and I suppose, um, educational? read, though.

Probably right but I would never wear a sportscoat with jeans :) .... and to me these new "expensive" clothes look cheap. I guess it's like being a videophile/audiophile.
You should. This is a :goodposting: look, it's versatile, and it's an easy way to outclass your friends 9 times out of 10.
Yes. Trick is to make sure it's not a formal jacket. Jeans and a blue blazer with gold buttons :) Jeans with a deconstructed blazer with natural shoulders in a muted dark color is :bag: J
:joestyle:http://z.about.com/d/mensfashion/1/0/E/6/SP06blueblazer.jpg

Serious question. What's the ruling onthese shoes? I wear them to work with khakis/chinos.
Not too bad. I usually prefer this "bulky" look with the thick sole and overall heavy feel on more athletic type of sneakers that you'd wear with jeans, and go with the more slick, simple and streamlined look when it comes to dressier/work shoes.
I found them at Marshall's (that is a place that sells clothes at a lower price than regular stores. You might have driven by one at one time). Very comfortable.

RE: $30 jeans. This was covered ad nauseum in the beginning of this thread, but...Like most things in the world, you can spend too much, not enough, or just the right amount on jeans. You wanna go buy a pair of Tony Hawk jeans at Kohl's for $30? Go for it. See you next year at the same cash register, rebuying the same jeans when the first pair wears out. You do that three years in a row and you're down $90. The same $90 people are appalled at. On the flip side, is $150-$200 excessive for jeans, given this scenario? Definitely. That's where the value of vanity and self-expression kick in. To some, that value is $0. To others, the sky is the limit.This exact topic motivated me to create a spin-off thread about material possessions that seemed out of whack. things that people owned that other woudl consider excessive. Close to fifty replies with all sorts of answers. Guitars, DVD collections, softball bats, etc. Different strokes. Everyone has a varied idea of what makes them look and feel good. EVERYONE.You don't want $90 jeans? That's cool. I was done with $30 jeans when I was twelve.
I always hear the "durability / wear" argument on expensive jeans. Don't buy it.There are lots of reasons to spend a lot on jeans that you really like. Fit, style, look, fabric, name brand etc. I just don't see durability as being one of those things. First off, it's not like most people are playing rugby in these jeans. Toughskins with the double knee where you could knee slide down the side walk and sparks would fly were relevant when you were 9 and knee sliding on a sidewalk was a regular thing. I'm going to guess most guys buying ATCs are wearing them in more of a dress pant environment. So I'd question how much wear and tear they're really exposed to.Secondly, every pair of Levis 501's I've owned wore like iron. Part of the appeal of a pair of 501's is that they're durable. Like all jeans, they were originally designed to be work pants. 501's haven't strayed much from that. I can't speak of any other brand as I've never owned them.I guess bottom line is see people parroting the durability thing on expensive jeans and I don't really buy it.J
Never had a problem with Levis. 501s never really fit me right, but I recognize that they're a good jean. Not as good as years past, since they've had to cut costs in order to stay in business over the past years, but they work. I'll bet you dollars to donuts that the 501s you get today are not the same quality as they were 20 years ago.Just as a point of reference, however, Levis start at around $50 and go up to $225. Hardly the $30 pair of jeans that are being mentioned around here. I believe you can get $30 Levis at WalMart, but they are a noticeable downgrade in material, and made exclusively to keep their brand in that store.I've had jeans from Urban Outfitters, Macy's, etc break down after a year. Holes in the pockets, stitching coming undone, shrinking too much, etc. Poor-wearing jeans exist all over the place.All that said, jeans have become increasingly more expensive over the years. right or wrong, it's what the market bears. There was a time when $30 really did buy you a great pair of jeans. It was just a long time ago.

I found them at Marshall's (that is a place that sells clothes at a lower price than regular stores. You might have driven by one at one time). Very comfortable.
800 thread count egyptian spun cotton bed sheets (size: Queen).....$80 at Marshall's (HLAM! I even sleep on sheets with :style:)

RE: $30 jeans. This was covered ad nauseum in the beginning of this thread, but...Like most things in the world, you can spend too much, not enough, or just the right amount on jeans. You wanna go buy a pair of Tony Hawk jeans at Kohl's for $30? Go for it. See you next year at the same cash register, rebuying the same jeans when the first pair wears out.
Actually I bought them for about $20...over a year ago. No sign of excess wear at all. Still fit and look great. Thanks for the advice though.

800 thread count egyptian spun cotton bed sheets (size: Queen).....$80 at Marshall's (HLAM! I even sleep on sheets with :style:)
:thumbup:

RE: $30 jeans. This was covered ad nauseum in the beginning of this thread, but...Like most things in the world, you can spend too much, not enough, or just the right amount on jeans. You wanna go buy a pair of Tony Hawk jeans at Kohl's for $30? Go for it. See you next year at the same cash register, rebuying the same jeans when the first pair wears out.
Actually I bought them for about $20...over a year ago. No sign of excess wear at all. Still fit and look great. Thanks for the advice though.
U da man.

I bought a dress-type shirt yesterday. I love how they describe the colors on the tags...'smooth charcoal', 'smoky heather' etc. The one I bought was 'vanilla ice'. :thumbup:

U da man.
:rolleyes: I'm not out working a sluice in the American River in my jeans. I don't wear them out like I did when I was 12.

I've seen Rudi a few times. Always looked like quite the fashionable fellow to me.
Heading out to Vons right now. Wearing a pair of Old Navy (I think) cargo shorts, a t-shirt from my kid's youth football team (probably 4 years old) and a pair of flip-flops from Target. Haven't taken a shower today so I'll top it all off with my trusty Bears ball-cap. Beau Freakin Brummel.

I've seen Rudi a few times. Always looked like quite the fashionable fellow to me.
Heading out to Vons right now. Wearing a pair of Old Navy (I think) cargo shorts, a t-shirt from my kid's youth football team (probably 4 years old) and a pair of flip-flops from Target. Haven't taken a shower today so I'll top it all off with my trusty Bears ball-cap. Beau Freakin Brummel.
:diamond:On second thought, he may be a bit of a dandy.

:kicksrock:On second thought, he may be a bit of a dandy.
a real nancy boy

I know, right? I can pick up probably 5 pairs of jeans for the price these guys are paying for 1.
:shrug: I like my Lucky's, and I'm as concerned about the thoughts of those who might think they're crap as I am about the thoughts of those who think I paid too much for jeans. If I find something I like, I buy it. Sometimes it's cheap. Sometimes it's expensive. Generally it's somewhere in the middle. Fortunately, my three year-old thinks everything is "cute" and I'd just as soon impress her as anybody else. For those more concerned with hunting ### than the balance in their IRA, though, I get it. Everybody has priorities. You can always make up for spent money after you're married. It's tougher to get a do-over on the other if you're not named Disco Stu. :-)finger:)It's largely an entertaining and I suppose, um, educational? read, though.
:lmao: I like my Lucky's too GB. :boxing:

:shrug: I like my Lucky's, and I'm as concerned about the thoughts of those who might think they're crap as I am about the thoughts of those who think I paid too much for jeans. If I find something I like, I buy it. Sometimes it's cheap. Sometimes it's expensive. Generally it's somewhere in the middle. Fortunately, my three year-old thinks everything is "cute" and I'd just as soon impress her as anybody else. For those more concerned with hunting ### than the balance in their IRA, though, I get it. Everybody has priorities. You can always make up for spent money after you're married. It's tougher to get a do-over on the other if you're not named Disco Stu. :-)finger:)It's largely an entertaining and I suppose, um, educational? read, though.
:lmao: I like my Lucky's too GB. :hifive:
So you're sayin' there's a chance! :pickle:

:confused: On second thought, he may be a bit of a dandy.
a real nancy boy
What I'm wearing later tonight

:goodposting: On second thought, he may be a bit of a dandy.
a real nancy boy
What I'm wearing later tonight
the tights are cute

Major said:
Once in a while might find a pair at The Rack or Off 5th

2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>1The first one looks like you are emulating this guy
I actually disagree. I think #1 is more unique and fashionable. #2 is cool, but that look is everywhere now and many have this type of similar jacket already.#1 seems to be somewhat inspired by the Michael Jackson "Beat It" and "Bad" jackets (without it being a literal remake)

http://artiewayne.files.wordpress.com/2009...t-it-jacket.jpg

http://www.rockannex.com/userfiles/image/M...Bad-Frontal.jpg

I actually disagree. I think #1 is more unique and fashionable. #2 is cool, but that look is everywhere now and many have this type of similar jacket already.#1 seems to be somewhat inspired by the Michael Jackson "Beat It" and "Bad" jackets (without it being a literal remake)

both scream "I REALLY try hard to look cool"#2, somewhat less so.

They're no Amsterdam track jacket that's for sure.

They're no Amsterdam track jacket that's for sure.
though, if I wore one I am certain I would get propositioned for ### sex...again.

Offdee just killed all his credibility posting that jacket. We may not of been running out to buy +$100 jeans, but we knew you were more fashionable than the rest of us. I hope it's fishing.

offdee said:
JerseyToughGuys said:
offdee said:

went back for second look at #1, what is the deal with the sweet thumb glove thing? How are they going to see your rubber band if your who wrist is strapped into your jacket like that? :moneybag:

offdee said:
JerseyToughGuys said:
offdee said:

went back for second look at #1, what is the deal with the sweet thumb glove thing? How are they going to see your rubber band if your who wrist is strapped into your jacket like that? :cry:
I'm with JTG on this one. I like #2 much better. #1 is a little too fruity for me. It gets props for the unique design but I'd definitely go with #2. Classic look with a modern twist. You can wear that #2 jacket for the next 10 years and get lots of compliments. If you buy the first one you'll get compliments from gay men.

I'm with JTG on this one. I like #2 much better. #1 is a little too fruity for me. It gets props for the unique design but I'd definitely go with #2. Classic look with a modern twist. You can wear that #2 jacket for the next 10 years and get lots of compliments. If you buy the first one you'll get compliments from gay men.
What about rental car upgrades?

offdee said:
JerseyToughGuys said:
offdee said:

went back for second look at #1, what is the deal with the sweet thumb glove thing? How are they going to see your rubber band if your who wrist is strapped into your jacket like that? :fishing:
Another jacket in the same mold as #1. Hurry, $305 is the FINAL SALE! (reduced from $610). It's like stealin'.http://www.tobi.com/product/15968-coming-s...?color_id=19130

Users who are viewing this thread