What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

THE FBG Fashion Thread :style: (1 Viewer)

Last time I went all they had was the Pima Cotton V Neck Tee. It's held up well but not nearly as long as the classic regular one. I don't THINK the "old" ones I had were Fitted / Jersey / Heathered but I'll check on that at lunch as well.

The Pima seem to be a bit thinner/softer and don't quite drape as well (though still are very good).

I'd say without exaggeration that I wear a white, black or grey V Neck short sleeve shirt with dark jeans about 70% of the time.
disclaimer: i am in no way making advances :goodposting:do you wear an undershirt with these?? are you a particularly hairy-chested guy? i've steered away from this variety mostly owing to the fact that i have near Thomas Magnum levels of chest hair.

I'd say without exaggeration that I wear a white, black or grey V Neck short sleeve shirt with dark jeans about 70% of the time.
disclaimer: i am in no way making advances :popcorn:do you wear an undershirt with these?? are you a particularly hairy-chested guy? i've steered away from this variety mostly owing to the fact that i have near Thomas Magnum levels of chest hair.
No undershirt. I am no magnum PI... plus I tend to keep chest somewhat groomed (ie not shaven... not au natural... just take a 2 guard to it on occasion.)I definitely think this look works better when there aren't squirrels climbing your neck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got some good advice last time, so I am back for more. :lmao:

Went out over the weekend and purchased shirts/ties/dress pants for the new job. Now I am looking to add some versitle sport coats. The majority of pants I got were black/dark grey. What should I be looking for?
Unfortunately I don't have great advice on this one....hopefully others can chime in.I have a relatively cheap sport coat that I like from H&M ($70) that has a nice slim cut and skinny lapels, but it's more appropriate for nights on the town and not really days in the office.

I'm personally a believer of, if you're going to wear a sport coat than pair it with nice jeans when out on the town. I think sport coats paired with dress slacks in a business setting comes off as "old guy". If you need to wear a jacket than just step it up a notch and go with the full matching suit.
Completely agree.

With summer approaching, I think that I'd like to go with a simple understated look.

gray v-neck tshirt to go with some light jeans. :flex:

Ladies like this look, right? :D
Solid look, but best to always avoid light jeans. Dark jeans are better. If want to go lighter, get a solid pair of grey jeans.
I'd say without exaggeration that I wear a white, black or grey V Neck short sleeve shirt with dark jeans about 70% of the time. Very simple / classic. I've found that the Banana Republic Vnecks have a great cut to them, hold up well to washing (don't fade, shrink, etc), and can be had on sale for a great price regularly. Footwear-wise i've found a pair of New Balance that I have fallen in love with. Black cloth, low slung, very clean simple lines. Very similar in cut to a puma racing style shoe but very simple/classic. Works great for going out in even moderately upscale environments with the right jeans/shirt. Big fan. Will post the exact model after lunch. Ordered two pairs. Will probably order another one or two while they're available.
:lmao: I got a heather gray and a black Alfani v-neck shirt on sale for last week ($17 for the pair), and wore the black one with dark low-rise jeans and chucks on Sunday. Felt good.

With summer approaching, I think that I'd like to go with a simple understated look.

Ladies like this look, right? :lmao:
Solid look, but best to always avoid light jeans. Dark jeans are better. If want to go lighter, get a solid pair of grey jeans.
I'd say without exaggeration that I wear a white, black or grey V Neck short sleeve shirt with dark jeans about 70% of the time. Very simple / classic. I've found that the Banana Republic Vnecks have a great cut to them, hold up well to washing (don't fade, shrink, etc), and can be had on sale for a great price regularly. Footwear-wise i've found a pair of New Balance that I have fallen in love with. Black cloth, low slung, very clean simple lines. Very similar in cut to a puma racing style shoe but very simple/classic. Works great for going out in even moderately upscale environments with the right jeans/shirt. Big fan. Will post the exact model after lunch. Ordered two pairs. Will probably order another one or two while they're available.
Good look overall. Fan of those plain BR t-shirts. Great quality and fit. The shirt is soft and feels good on your skin....They do have different styles of their shirts though and some fit/feel much different then others. Make sure you try them on before buying. As for the New Balance kicks, I wouldn't wear them out w/ jeans unless youre doing something really casual or running errands. Note: I wear sneakers out all the time, just not running shoes.

Got some good advice last time, so I am back for more. :)

Went out over the weekend and purchased shirts/ties/dress pants for the new job. Now I am looking to add some versitle sport coats. The majority of pants I got were black/dark grey. What should I be looking for?
Unfortunately I don't have great advice on this one....hopefully others can chime in.I have a relatively cheap sport coat that I like from H&M ($70) that has a nice slim cut and skinny lapels, but it's more appropriate for nights on the town and not really days in the office.

I'm personally a believer of, if you're going to wear a sport coat than pair it with nice jeans when out on the town. I think sport coats paired with dress slacks in a business setting comes off as "old guy". If you need to wear a jacket than just step it up a notch and go with the full matching suit.
Completely agree.
yep. And please fellas, don't attempt this look with a pair of Walmart jeans.

Got some good advice last time, so I am back for more. :P

Completely agree.
I don't think I could ever be the "jeans and sport coat" guy.If it's cold, I go with a slimming sweater. But in formal situations where a sport coat/blazer is required, I'd match it with slacks and go without a tie.

Ladies like this look, right? :hot:
Good look overall. Fan of those plain BR t-shirts. Great quality and fit. The shirt is soft and feels good on your skin....They do have different styles of their shirts though and some fit/feel much different then others. Make sure you try them on before buying. As for the New Balance kicks, I wouldn't wear them out w/ jeans unless youre doing something really casual or running errands. Note: I wear sneakers out all the time, just not running shoes.
When you wear sneakers, what pants / shorts are you wearing and what are you wearing them with?

J

Got some good advice last time, so I am back for more. :hot:

Completely agree.
I don't think I could ever be the "jeans and sport coat" guy.If it's cold, I go with a slimming sweater. But in formal situations where a sport coat/blazer is required, I'd match it with slacks and go without a tie.
I'd go with the tie.J

I don't think I could ever be the "jeans and sport coat" guy.

If it's cold, I go with a slimming sweater. But in formal situations where a sport coat/blazer is required, I'd match it with slacks and go without a tie.
The v-neck sweater with a tie look is in lately whichi is another solid option.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_mcooZ--4gM8/RiRB...00/Pharrell.jpg

http://bananarepublic.gap.com/Asset_Archiv...g?redirect=true
Guy, that's been in for 70 years.J

Ladies like this look, right? :X
I normally am VERY against tennis/running shoes with jeans but these look great. Probably the most bare-bones looking NB shoes I've ever seen.

Ladies like this look, right? :X
I normally am VERY against tennis/running shoes with jeans but these look great. Probably the most bare-bones looking NB shoes I've ever seen.
Are any of these them?http://www.planetshoes.com/mmplanet/Images..._119_detail.jpg

http://www.myairshoes.com/wp-content/uploa...blackcanvas.jpg

If it's cold, I go with a slimming sweater. But in formal situations where a sport coat/blazer is required, I'd match it with slacks and go without a tie.

Just because something has been worn for 70 years doesn't mean it's always in :style:

Just because something has been worn for 70 years doesn't mean it's always in :style:
It's been in :style: for 70 years.J

NOpe. the 2nd pair looks a little closer but are still WAY more brightly styled. Mine have a black N with a light white outline... and the sole is Black with a thin white stripe (vs the full white sides like those). Otherwise I guess that's somewhat close. I don't think mine have as much white on the back either. Normally I don't like all black Tennis shoes either as they tend to look like you just got off work at Perkins Restaurant... but again.. these don't look that way. I've gotten tons of compliments on them.

Normally I don't like all black Tennis shoes either as they tend to look like you just got off work at Perkins Restaurant...
Agreed, with the all black shoes....tend to look like big bricks sometimes.My gf got the hookup with these as a recent b-day present which I also think are an exception...

http://www.sneakerfiles.com/wp-content/upl...e-maharam-3.jpg

They are a limited edition version with special Maharam horsehair check fabric..guess only a few thousand were made and she has designer contacts and was able to get them for Free. Word is they are going for $325 on eBay.

NOpe. the 2nd pair looks a little closer but are still WAY more brightly styled. Mine have a black N with a light white outline... and the sole is Black with a thin white stripe (vs the full white sides like those). Otherwise I guess that's somewhat close. I don't think mine have as much white on the back either. Normally I don't like all black Tennis shoes either as they tend to look like you just got off work at Perkins Restaurant... but again.. these don't look that way. I've gotten tons of compliments on them.
Like these? http://www.zappos.com/new-balance-mx7515-blackJ

Huge on the Bachelorette

Like the look but unless you are slim a guy should never wear a sweater. That said living in Texas this isn't a comfortable look for most of the year.

Any tennis shoes you can't go wrong with Pumas.

Another topic I'm sure that's been brought up but a man should never wear an undershirt. Wear a dress shirt without one.

Walton Goggins said:
Any tennis shoes you can't go wrong with Pumas.Another topic I'm sure that's been brought up but a man should never wear an undershirt. Wear a dress shirt without one.
Disagree on both parts...- Many of the low profile Puma shoes can look like skis. Very narrow. I'm not a big fan of Pumas- I agree that you shouldn't wear crew-neck undershirts, but many dress shirts are so thin that they more or less require an undershirt of some sort. The v-neck undershirt is the way to go, but unfortunately many guys don't manscape enough in the upper chest area to make it appealing...I'd rather see a crew neck undershirt than a Lionel Richie wig peeking out of your collar.

Walton Goggins said:
Any tennis shoes you can't go wrong with Pumas.Another topic I'm sure that's been brought up but a man should never wear an undershirt. Wear a dress shirt without one.
Disagree on both parts...- Many of the low profile Puma shoes can look like skis. Very narrow.- I agree that you shouldn't wear crew-neck undershirts, but many dress shirts are so thin that they more or less require an undershirt of some sort. The v-neck undershirt is the way to go, but unfortunately many guys don't manscape enough in the upper chest area to make it appealing...I'd rather see a crew neck undershirt than a Lionel Richie wig peeking out of your collar.
No undershirts are needed nor do they look good. I think it's a USA thing since I've never seen anyone wear them outside the US. Just learn to shave or trim chest, skip the undershirt and even with a nice high quality thin dress shirt there is no reason ever you should wear an undershirt unless you like the puffy less clean and sleek look.ETA: Of course not every Puma looks good but there's many that do and much better than New Balance with jeans look. New Balance = I'm going running in jeans look.

Walton Goggins said:
Disagree on both parts...- Many of the low profile Puma shoes can look like skis. Very narrow. I'm not a big fan of Pumas- I agree that you shouldn't wear crew-neck undershirts, but many dress shirts are so thin that they more or less require an undershirt of some sort. The v-neck undershirt is the way to go, but unfortunately many guys don't manscape enough in the upper chest area to make it appealing...I'd rather see a crew neck undershirt than a Lionel Richie wig peeking out of your collar.
V-neck undershirt you never see is the ticket. Unless you live / work in a climate where you never sweat a drop.J

Walton Goggins said:
Disagree on both parts...- Many of the low profile Puma shoes can look like skis. Very narrow.- I agree that you shouldn't wear crew-neck undershirts, but many dress shirts are so thin that they more or less require an undershirt of some sort. The v-neck undershirt is the way to go, but unfortunately many guys don't manscape enough in the upper chest area to make it appealing...I'd rather see a crew neck undershirt than a Lionel Richie wig peeking out of your collar.
No undershirts are needed nor do they look good. I think it's a USA thing since I've never seen anyone wear them outside the US. Just learn to shave or trim chest, skip the undershirt and even with a nice high quality thin dress shirt there is no reason ever you should wear an undershirt unless you like the puffy less clean and sleek look.ETA: Of course not every Puma looks good but there's many that do and much better than New Balance with jeans look. New Balance = I'm going running in jeans look.
IMO you're wrong here on several fronts.

- Many of the low profile Puma shoes can look like skis. Very narrow. I'm not a big fan of Pumas
Tend to agree here. Pumas have sorta gone by the wayside from what i've seen. I personally can't wear them as I wear a size 13 and have a wider foot than they can accommodate comfortably. IF you're a little fella they can look okay but IMO they're too small for most average to larger guys.

- Many of the low profile Puma shoes can look like skis. Very narrow. I'm not a big fan of Pumas
Tend to agree here. Pumas have sorta gone by the wayside from what i've seen. I personally can't wear them as I wear a size 13 and have a wider foot than they can accommodate comfortably. IF you're a little fella they can look okay but IMO they're too small for most average to larger guys.
Got a great looking pair for Christmas a few years back and as much as I liked the look (I think they were the white Romas with bronw trim), I have to agree they were way to narrow for my feet.

Walton Goggins said:
V-neck undershirt you never see is the ticket. Unless you live / work in a climate where you never sweat a drop.J
Sweat still will soak through the undershirt through your dress shirt. You aren't fooling anyone with a v neck undershirt and there's no reason to wear them.

Lots of wide foot Puma's out there but if you live in a small town may be tough to get them.

Sweat still will soak through the undershirt through your dress shirt. You aren't fooling anyone with a v neck undershirt and there's no reason to wear them.
:lmao: man you're bringing your same debating style in here that you get knocked around for in other threads eh? I have a question... if you've sweat enough to soak THROUGH a decent tee shirt and then through a dress shirt. WHAT do you think that dress shirt would look like if you weren't wearing a Tee under it? Come on now...

Walton Goggins said:
:lmao:Sure if you sweat a ton, it'll soak through. For most that's not a problem. What they want is protection from a little sweat. V-neck undershirt is perfect for that. But whatever works for you is cool.J

These are the New Balance that I've been liking. 373 in black.

Big fan. This pic doesn't quite do them justice IMO. Look fantastic on with darker jeans. Extremely comfortable as well. Much cleaner lines than most NB sneakers nowadays. Best part is they can be had for $40/pair.
Can order here http://www.zappos.com/new-balance-classics-m373-black-whiteIcon's not steered me wrong yet. May have to add to the collection.

J
Let me save you $20.

Joe Bryant said:
offdee said:
Joe Bryant said:
offdee said:
EYLive said:

It's been in :style: for 70 years.J
You mean they were in style in the 70's, right?

:lmao:

Sure if you sweat a ton, it'll soak through. For most that's not a problem. What they want is protection from a little sweat. V-neck undershirt is perfect for that. But whatever works for you is cool.

J
If you are sweating "just a little bit" it's because you're wearing an undershirt / dress shirt that doesn't allow your body to breathe.
I generally wear undershirts at all times. Is that still acceptable? Also, what is the best undershirt (tee, not tank)?

Best Answer So Far

It's acceptable, but it really shouldn't be. At the risk of sounding like an elitist a******, they look a bit low class. For a rule of thumb, if you can tell you're wearing an undershirt underneath, ditch the undershirt.

Undershirts were worn so that you could wear shirts more than once before washing. If you live somewhere where it's stupid hot, and you're going to pit out your shirt, then the undershirt is at least understandable. But, in the age of air-conditioned everything, cheap dry cleaning, and shirts you can throw in the washing machine, there's no need for them.

If you find your shirts are not comfortable enough to wear without one, get some new shirts. You can buy cheap dress shirts that are made out of good fabric, but they usually don't fit well. If you buy them at Nordstrom's they'll tailor them for you for free. If you buy elsewhere, you can have any seamstress take in an inch or two off each side for ~$5, which will give any shirt a more tailored, custom-fit look.

Lots of wide foot Puma's out there but if you live in a small town may be tough to get them.
I'm pretty sure most of us have an internet connection :shrug: I REALLY don't like the look of the wider Pumas. Just personal taste though.
Found a pair of Puma's at Marshall's of all places on sale for $20. Leather / brown with white puma on the side. I think it's a hybrid soccer shoe since there are cleats but are very short. A lot of crummy looking Puma's but you can find some really nice ones out there but to each of their own. I will say that NM link is a nice pair but in generally most the NB worn out there with jeans look pretty bad.

Ok, I'm going to take my gaydar and leave this thread now. I skimmed through the last few pages of links. Straw hat fadoras? Black jeans? Black New Balance shoes? V-neck sweaters? You guys should really be talking to your wimmins about how to dress, not each other.

I can get away with not wearing an undershirt in the summer if I'm wearing a dark/opaque shirt. But if it's warm and for some reason I have no other option that to wear a white dress shirt, I'm biting the bullet and putting on a white undershirt.

I don't want my nips to show through my shirt. :lmao:

Ok, I'm going to take my gaydar and leave this thread now. I skimmed through the last few pages of links. Straw hat fadoras? Black jeans? Black New Balance shoes? V-neck sweaters? You guys should really be talking to your wimmins about how to dress, not each other.
What's wrong with this?
but unfortunately many guys don't manscape enough in the upper chest area to make it appealing...I'd rather see a crew neck undershirt than a Lionel Richie wig peeking out of your collar.

Did anyone else envision him standing with his chest puffed out and one thumb looped in each overall strap while he said this?

How many pair of jorts do you own?

I can get away with not wearing an undershirt in the summer if I'm wearing a dark/opaque shirt. But if it's warm and for some reason I have no other option that to wear a white dress shirt, I'm biting the bullet and putting on a white undershirt. I don't want my nips to show through my shirt. :goodposting:
If you must wear an undershirt under a white dress shirt do NOT wear a white undershirt unless you don't mind people seeing it.
When I’m wearing a dress shirt, what is the best kind of shirt to wear underneath? I usually just wear one of my white T-shirts but I’m starting to think that’s not the best choice.Good for you! I’m glad you’re second-guessing your current undershirt selection. The white T-shirt seems to be the default choice for most men, and that’s unfortunate, because it also happens to be the poorest choice. White is visible under light-colored dress shirts (see below), and that crew neck collar peeking out from underneath is NOT a good look. If you must wear an undershirt under that button-up, choose a lightweight, form-fitting, heather gray v-neck.Heather gray (basically a light gray) blends better with your skin tone and is virtually invisible underneath. Have you ever noticed how that white undershirt shows through a white or light-colored dress shirt? Won’t happen with a gray undershirt.Why lightweight?Avoid the excess bulk that comes with heavier shirts and stick with a lightweight v-neck. It’s easier to bear and looks more natural underneath your button-up as it keeps the drape natural.Why form-fitting?I’m not suggesting anything super snug, but a more fitted version aids in the invisibility of the undershirt. Also it won’t bunch or create extra bulk when tucking in your shirt.A great second alternative is a heather gray A-shirt. Both options fit the bill, so it really just depends on the wearer’s preference.

How many pair of jorts do you own?
Nothing wrong with baggy jean shorts at or just above the knee. But, I do agree with you on the undershirt thing.

Users who are viewing this thread