What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

THE FBG Fashion Thread :style: (3 Viewers)

My normal work style is something along these lines..

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk161/o...us/IMG_1344.jpg

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk161/o...us/IMG_1345.jpg

:fro:

OK, I can't look that sweet all the time,
I haven't been able to figure out if you were serious about these two or not.... Serious or not?
Really? Wow, I guess I need to amp up my sarcastic meter in the future. :lol: My company was celebrating its 35th year anniversary a couple months ago (started in the 70's) so they had a 70's themed day and party that night. I went to every meeting throughout the day with a glass of scotch in hand.

I live in a hip downtown neighborhood condo unit with my parking spot a block or so over from my building. Leaving for work that morning riding down the elevator and walking the downtown streets to my car while everyone was on there way to work was sweet.

And yes, the stache was 100% real. :dontbejealous:

Last edited by a moderator:
RudiStein said:
offdee said:
RudiStein said:
offdee said:
RudiStein said:
1. What if I don't want my jeans to have a 'sheen'? How about next year when those cool, two-tone, bleached-on-one-side jeans are out of style? 2. Tailored? So you they don't come in just 32x34 or whatever? There's some old dude in a vest with a piece of chalk fixing you up right there in the store?
1. A pair of well fitting dark wash jeans with very minimal whiskering or whitewash and subtle/no stitching design on the back pockets is timeless and will never go out of style.
WAT? "Wiskering' and 'white wash' are relatively new when it comes to fashion. You honestly think in 5 or 10 years they're still going to be in style? What about acid wash and stone wash from the 90s? Are those timeless?
I said to avoid whiskering and white wash (when I said "very minimal" I more or less meant as close to none as possible, apologize for any confusion)....see my visual link I posted above.
I have a pair like those...in blue. I think I paid $22 for them. Not sure the label. Hell it might even be Tony Hawk or something like that. For $178 the jeans better come with a build in Fleshlight.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: I also want to ask about jeans that come with the ripped holes already built in. Are you guys buying those? If so, can you stop over at my place so I can hit you with a shovel?

Otis said:
RudiStein said:
Otis said:
RudiStein said:
Otis said:
It's scary enough to have the likes of Tanner posting on your wall, but he cracks me up 100% of the time, so it's worth it.
What the crap? :lmao:
Is that not you, gb? :scared:
:lmao: No it's me. But what do you think I'm going to do?

"Hey, Otis! Is that Amber chick that just posted on your wall the one you called a slut at footballguys?"
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: No, I know that you wouldn't do that, which is precisely why you are accepted. Others? :unsure:
:kicksrock:

I also want to ask about jeans that come with the holes already built in. Are you guys buying those? If so, can you stop over at my place so I can hit you with a shovel?
I don't mind spending good coin on denim ($100-250) but have never understood the fad of whole buying jeans that are artificially ragged. That's the beauty of jeans is breaking them in and making your own marks. I remember shopping at Barneys last year and the sales rep was trying to push some $350 pair with holes in them. I wanted to hit that ##### with a shovel.

I also want to ask about jeans that come with the holes already built in. Are you guys buying those? If so, can you stop over at my place so I can hit you with a shovel?
I don't mind spending good coin on denim ($100-250) but have never understood the fad of whole buying jeans that are artificially ragged. That's the beauty of jeans is breaking them in and making your own marks. I remember shopping at Barneys last year and the sales rep was trying to push some $350 pair with holes in them. I wanted to hit that ##### with a shovel.
couldn't agree more.

RudiStein said:
I have a pair like those...in blue. I think I paid $22 for them. Not sure the label. Hell it might even be Tony Hawk or something like that. For $178 the jeans better come with a build in Fleshlight.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: I also want to ask about jeans that come with the ripped holes already built in. Are you guys buying those? If so, can you stop over at my place so I can hit you with a shovel?
No pre-made holes. I do that on my own...the natural way.

RudiStein said:
Friction under the desk?

zubas are still cool, right?
Zubaz...get it straight it buddy
I buy mine for $200 and they're spelled with an s at the end. Much classier and definitely worth the extra $190.
Major,I understand that you're not into pricey Zubaz, never will be and that's OK. But what we're trying to tell you is that your $22 Zubaz are NOT like the ones we're describing. They may "look" the same in pictures on the Internet but until you actually have them on your legs and wear them around for a day there's nothing else more we can really say to convince you otherwise.

What's the call on guayabera shirts?
pretty popular nowadays that is for sure. (for what that is worth)See tons out here and in vegas when I was there.
I can't decide if they're cool or not cool.On Brock Sampson, they're cool. Brock Sampson also rocks a mullet. Brock Sampson also kills scores of men with his bare hands. He's also a cartoon. Seriously: I think it takes a certain cut of guy to pull it off. Big built guys can do it, others can not.

couldn't agree more.
This X1000. Men with pre-worn jeans and aviator sunglasses deserve an immediate !@#-kicking from any self-respecting FFAer.

I buy mine for $200 and they're spelled with an s at the end. Much classier and definitely worth the extra $190.
Major,I understand that you're not into pricey Zubaz, never will be and that's OK. But what we're trying to tell you is that your $22 Zubaz are NOT like the ones we're describing. They may "look" the same in pictures on the Internet but until you actually have them on your legs and wear them around for a day there's nothing else more we can really say to convince you otherwise.
:lmao:

I haven't been able to figure out if you were serious about these two or not.... Serious or not?
Really? Wow, I guess I need to amp up my sarcastic meter in the future. :lol: My company was celebrating its 35th year anniversary a couple months ago (started in the 70's) so they had a 70's themed day and party that night. I went to every meeting throughout the day with a glass of scotch in hand.

I live in a hip downtown neighborhood condo unit with my parking spot a block or so over from my building. Leaving for work that morning riding down the elevator and walking the downtown streets to my car while everyone was on there way to work was sweet.

Not trying to dump on you because I know you're really trying, but the fact that people can't tell which pictures are real and which are shtick ought to tell you something.

What's the call on guayabera shirts?
pretty popular nowadays that is for sure. (for what that is worth)See tons out here and in vegas when I was there.
I can't decide if they're cool or not cool.On Brock Sampson, they're cool. Brock Sampson also rocks a mullet. Brock Sampson also kills scores of men with his bare hands. He's also a cartoon. Seriously: I think it takes a certain cut of guy to pull it off. Big built guys can do it, others can not.
I take my fashion cues from Hank Venture, FWIW

RudiStein said:
I use a hole punch.

:lmao: :lmao:

In the year 2039 two 25 year old junior execs at JetPacksRUs are having a conversation...Mitch: So are you going to dress up next week for the anniversary thing?

Kenny: Hell yeah! I found some great stuff in my dad's garage.

Mitch: Like what?

Kenny: He had these really stupid looking jeans. They're dark blue but on the front they look like they've been painted white. And for some reason there are these white whisker looking things that make your crotch look like a kitty cat or something.

Mitch: Oh yeah! I've seen pics of my dad wearing some like that. Dorky.

Kenny: Yeah, and I also found this goofy sweater that buttons up the front. I think you're supposed to wear some kind of shirt under it. Stripes, maybe. But you don't tuck it in or anything.

Mitch: Wow. That's weird.

Kenny: I know. I'm also going to poof up the back of my hair like I just got out of bed.

Mitch: No way! You're going to look like an idiot.

Kenny: Ha, ha yeah, probably.

Not trying to dump on you because I know you're really trying, but the fact that people can't tell which pictures are real and which are shtick ought to tell you something.

I also want to ask about jeans that come with the ripped holes already built in. Are you guys buying those? If so, can you stop over at my place so I can hit you with a shovel?
Stewie?
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: That was great. I see guys wearing those wool caps in the summer and I can't for the life of me understand what is wrong with them. I just thought they were mentally challenged. Now I know better. They are trying to be cool.

In the year 2039 two 25 year old junior execs at JetPacksRUs are having a conversation...Mitch: So are you going to dress up next week for the anniversary thing?

Kenny: He had these really stupid looking jeans. They're dark blue but on the front they look like they've been painted white. And for some reason there are these white whisker looking things that make your crotch look like a kitty cat or something.

Kenny: Yeah, and I also found this goofy sweater that buttons up the front. I think you're supposed to wear some kind of shirt under it. Stripes, maybe. But you don't tuck it in or anything.

Kenny: I know. I'm also going to poof up the back of my hair like I just got out of bed.

:bow:

Oh I see what you guys did there.

touche, my friend. touche.

:lmao: :lmao:

offdee,

Why does it seem like all clothes are either aimed at 18 year-olds or my old man? I'd just like to look at clothes at some point and think, "Hey, somebody had a thirty-five year-old in mind when they made that." I mean non-Zubas, obviously. I'll hang up and listen. Thanks.

Hey guys...

Maybe this isn't the right thread, but can't you give me the low-down on what I should be using on my hair for it to look fashionable?

Mousse?

Gel?

Pomade?

Wax?

Special Sauce?

Whether one likes it or not, we are seeing a resurgence in 80's style. Fashion is on a pretty predictable 20 year cycle.
I agree..I have been to two weddings in the last month and seen the white belt and white shoe look on some of the 25 something guys. The guys thought they were cutting edge but the look did not cut it for me.

offdee,Why does it seem like all clothes are either aimed at 18 year-olds or my old man? I'd just like to look at clothes at some point and think, "Hey, somebody had a thirty-five year-old in mind when they made that." I mean non-Zubas, obviously. I'll hang up and listen. Thanks.
Honest answer. Because most 35 year olds are stuck in a rut and could care less what clothes are on their body. They are too tired from work, taking care of kids and dealing with the nagging wife and don't really have anybody to impress so why bother with the effort and expense of trying to be fashionable. They are content with the old baggy Bears sweatshirt and paint stained carpenter jeans they've had for the past 15 years.The 18 year olds are the ones that are constantly changing their look and trying to stay up with the fads and trends.....basically they are where the money is at for designers/retailers so they cater to them.

offdee,Why does it seem like all clothes are either aimed at 18 year-olds or my old man? I'd just like to look at clothes at some point and think, "Hey, somebody had a thirty-five year-old in mind when they made that." I mean non-Zubas, obviously. I'll hang up and listen. Thanks.
Honest answer. Because most 35 year olds are stuck in a rut and could care less what clothes are on their body. They are too tired from work, taking care of kids and dealing with the nagging wife and don't really have anybody to impress so why bother with the effort and expense of trying to be fashionable. They are content with the old baggy Bears sweatshirt and paint stained carpenter jeans they've had for the past 15 years.
Thanks for being honest.

Hey guys...Maybe this isn't the right thread, but can't you give me the low-down on what I should be using on my hair for it to look fashionable?Mousse?Gel?Pomade?Wax?Special Sauce?
It's not specifically about what you use in your hair, it's more about the cut which makes it look good or not. A solid cut can more often than not look good with minimal product. But, to answer your question, stay away from products that make your hair look wet or dry hard....which means no gel or mousse. A little pomade or wax to hold shape and you should be good to go.

Honest answer. Because most 35 year olds are stuck in a rut and could care less what clothes are on their body. They are too tired from work, taking care of kids and dealing with the nagging wife and don't really have anybody to impress so why bother with the effort and expense of trying to be fashionable. They are content with the old baggy Bears sweatshirt and paint stained carpenter jeans they've had for the past 15 years.
Thanks for being honest.

that's deep... and i don't think it's playable

Maybe it's living in NYC the past 10 years but there are plenty of great clothing lines aimed at the 35 year old market (around my age). John Varvatos is a great line for our demographic. If you don't live in a big cosmopolitan city, I can understand your pain. I work in Houston quite often and when I go shopping, alot of what I see makes me want to puke. Lots of crappy denim with emroidery, tacky shirts with stupid designs, etc. Even worse when I'm out and I see middle aged men wearing this stuff, rocking faux hawks and tribal band tattoos.

Men with pre-worn jeans and aviator sunglasses deserve an immediate !@#-kicking from any self-respecting FFAer.
To the OP --- just because you live in a safe, sanitized, and boring little world where most of your men friends probably wear guy liner doesn't mean that there isn't another world inhabited by rough men that you just wouldn't understand or fit into.You have an open invite to join me at the next gathering with my brothers in my MC, 100% of whom wear pre-worn jeans and aviator sunglasses, many with holes in the pants. I'll buy you a beer and a shot for each one of them you tell how "stupid" they look. You have to buy me a beer and a shot for each one that knocks out one of your teeth.You're too much of a debutant to wear pre-worn jeans and aviator sunglasses, and you feel uncomfortable around people who don't run in the same little metro circles that you do. Fine. I get it. Why the hatred of people who choose to live a different (and probably better) life than you though?(Full disclosure: No pre-worn jeans and aviator sunglasses. Yet. Just a 'vintage' t-shirt with my MC's name on it. Another with the name of my Tuesday Night Trivia team. You wouldn't understand that group of men either.)

John Varvatos is a great line for our demographic.
John Varvatos' line makes my pants tight. I wish I had more cash to spend on his clothes.

offdee,

Why does it seem like all clothes are either aimed at 18 year-olds or my old man? I'd just like to look at clothes at some point and think, "Hey, somebody had a thirty-five year-old in mind when they made that." I mean non-Zubas, obviously. I'll hang up and listen. Thanks.
Maybe it's living in NYC the past 10 years but there are plenty of great clothing lines aimed at the 35 year old market (around my age). John Varvatos is a great line for our demographic. If you don't live in a big cosmopolitan city, I can understand your pain. I work in Houston quite often and when I go shopping, alot of what I see makes me want to puke. Lots of crappy denim with emroidery, tacky shirts with stupid designs, etc. Even worse when I'm out and I see middle aged men wearing this stuff, rocking faux hawks and tribal band tattoos.
well.. it is Houston

offdee,

well.. it is Houston
I hope Bushwick and Willie D aren't reading this

I'm just going to get urbanhack to be my personal shopper and turn all clothing decisions over to him.

Or continue being a fat slob who's content with his old baggy sweatshirt and paint stained carpenter jeans he's had for the past 15 years.

It could go either way, really.

Users who are viewing this thread