What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

THE FBG Fashion Thread :style: (1 Viewer)

flysack said:
Thorn said:
Joe Bryant said:
Major said:
I don't think you should wear any visible undershirts with dress shirts. Best bet is to invest in those low cut v-necks that aren't visible when buttoned.
Agreed.J
Really? For me a white tee is pretty much necessary unless I want to look like teen wolf.
Yea, I'm in this boat too. Almost makes want to get waxed or something. Almost.
Shave with a clipper so that there's some hair but it's tidy. You don't let your lawn get overgrown and ridiculous looking.

mr. furley said:
offdee said:
flysack said:
The skin around my collarbone doesn't react well to shaving. Not sure why. I get the nasty red stubble. It totally sucks. The best I can do is the trimmer at the lowest setting. That looks kinda goofy too though.

I'm stuck with white undershirts.
Trust me on this one. Go to Walgreens and invest $10 in the below shaver. It's very compact, used on dry skin (no shaving cream or anything needed) and the blades are made to work with sensitive skin. Could be your answer.http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp...;id=prod1054007
seriously? shaving your chest hair to prevent the faux pas of wearing a white shirt under your dress shirt? :confused: i'm a neanderthal, yes, but this is ridiculous even for the most metro guy.

WHO THE #### SHAVES THEIR ####ING CHEST HAIR?
:hey: You trim your sideburns, right? You trim down below deck, right? This is no different. Groom yourselves, slobs.

flysack said:
Thorn said:
Joe Bryant said:
Major said:
I don't think you should wear any visible undershirts with dress shirts. Best bet is to invest in those low cut v-necks that aren't visible when buttoned.
Agreed.J
Really? For me a white tee is pretty much necessary unless I want to look like teen wolf.
Yea, I'm in this boat too. Almost makes want to get waxed or something. Almost.
Shave with a clipper so that there's some hair but it's tidy. You don't let your lawn get overgrown and ridiculous looking.
I used to do this. Could never decide if it was ok or not, so I stopped (it is more comfortable in the summer heat though). However, I do trim the junk after realizing an indelible truth - Wife BJs with trimmed junk average an 8. Wife BJs with untrimmed junk average a 4. The choice has always been clear: trim the junk.

Last edited by a moderator:
mr. furley said:
offdee said:
flysack said:
The skin around my collarbone doesn't react well to shaving. Not sure why. I get the nasty red stubble. It totally sucks. The best I can do is the trimmer at the lowest setting. That looks kinda goofy too though.

Trust me on this one. Go to Walgreens and invest $10 in the below shaver. It's very compact, used on dry skin (no shaving cream or anything needed) and the blades are made to work with sensitive skin. Could be your answer.http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp...;id=prod1054007
seriously? shaving your chest hair to prevent the faux pas of wearing a white shirt under your dress shirt? :confused: i'm a neanderthal, yes, but this is ridiculous even for the most metro guy.

:hey: You trim your sideburns, right? You trim down below deck, right? This is no different. Groom yourselves, slobs.
There's a difference. When you start trimming body hair a line has been crossed.

You trim down below deck, right?
I'm going to venture a guess that majority of guys here don't do this. FYI, your women will like that area much more if you do.
This guy knows what he's talking about.
I never did this until I was having a late night conversation with some 25ish girls about women grooming, my love of landing strips, etc....it turned to male grooming and I admitted I never trim. Big :thumbdown: according to them. I started trimming on occasion to keep things in check but I'm not Sasqwatch either. If you are, I suggest a trim every now and again. Now let's get back to more appetizing subjects. I want drink my green tea, eat my sushi and pop my collar on my pink shirt in peace.

offdee said:
Major said:
Otis said:
Emerson Biggens said:
Otis said:
In the summer with a casual outfit, I rock light colored fabric (non leather) belts.
Like this?
:lmao: I was thinking more like this
I wonder when suspenders will come back. I see more and more people rocking them nowadays. I think the only way I'd do it is with a suit but I still don't feel comfortable. Mad Men has probably helped the resurgence.
In the hip-hop fashion world they are in....they are worn slung down and don't really serve a purpose of holding up pants though.Couple of pics I found of non-hip hoppers rockin' it:

http://www.splendicity.com/sheknowsbest/fi...nts-1-thumb.jpg

http://www.splendicity.com/sheknowsbest/fi...nts-2-thumb.jpg

http://images.b105.com.au/2008/08/04/44477...phy-600x400.jpg
:lmao: the guy in the 3rd photo has a belt on and the slung down suspenders.

offdee,Why does it seem like all clothes are either aimed at 18 year-olds or my old man? I'd just like to look at clothes at some point and think, "Hey, somebody had a thirty-five year-old in mind when they made that." I mean non-Zubas, obviously. I'll hang up and listen. Thanks.
Honest answer. Because most 35 year olds are stuck in a rut and could care less what clothes are on their body. They are too tired from work, taking care of kids and dealing with the nagging wife and don't really have anybody to impress so why bother with the effort and expense of trying to be fashionable. They are content with the old baggy Bears sweatshirt and paint stained carpenter jeans they've had for the past 15 years.
Thanks for being honest.
Oh and thanks for making sweeping generalizations as well. Way to win friends and influence people :thumbup:

mr. furley said:
:hey:You trim your sideburns, right? You trim down below deck, right? This is no different. Groom yourselves, slobs.
i have a beard :shrug:but there is no way i am shaving my chest. trimming near the neckline? maybe one day but never ever shaving it clean.

mr. furley said:
offdee said:
flysack said:

:hey: I trim my armpit hair a little too when it starts to go beyond the bounds of the pit. The "al sharpton in a headlock" look doesn't look good on anyone.

Just got my suit/tuxedo...whatever you wanna call it for my friends wedding. I'm the best so i gotta look my best. I got the suit. Which is just a simple looking black suit with a watermelon pink vest and tie....The bride wanted me to go in one of the wedding colors....either a dark looking pink or a really bright orange. I went with the pink.

Anyways looking to accessorize this outfit with a nice watch. What do you guys recommend?

Oh and i think I i might make a thread about possible bachelor party ideas....The way its looking they might do a whole bachelor/bachelorette (sp?) type thing....Don't wanna take over the thread with this stuff. Just figured id ask and see if it was a good enough topic to make a thread on it.

Just got my suit/tuxedo...whatever you wanna call it for my friends wedding. I'm the best so i gotta look my best. I got the suit. Which is just a simple looking black suit with a watermelon pink vest and tie....The bride wanted me to go in one of the wedding colors....either a dark looking pink or a really bright orange. I went with the pink.

Anyways looking to accessorize this outfit with a nice watch. What do you guys recommend?

Oh and i think I i might make a thread about possible bachelor party ideas....The way its looking they might do a whole bachelor/bachelorette (sp?) type thing....Don't wanna take over the thread with this stuff. Just figured id ask and see if it was a good enough topic to make a thread on it.
you talking a joint party? :shock: :thumbdown: :nerd:

Not my idea. Trust me. But sadly im dealing with a bridezilla....I think it would make a nice thread actually. You guys can give me advice on how to deal with her and convince her to do a separate thing. Or maybe how to make the joint party enjoyable....

Not my idea. Trust me. But sadly im dealing with a bridezilla....I think it would make a nice thread actually. You guys can give me advice on how to deal with her and convince her to do a separate thing. Or maybe how to make the joint party enjoyable....
If you have to, find a happy medium i.e. meet up toward the end of the night. The groom will not have nearly as much fun with wifey on hand. Plus, all of her friends will be properly lubricated when you meet them up so you won't have to deal with the meaningless banter :pickle:

If you have to, find a happy medium i.e. meet up toward the end of the night. The groom will not have nearly as much fun with wifey on hand. Plus, all of her friends will be properly lubricated when you meet them up so you won't have to deal with the meaningless banter :pickle:
Well I've already brought that idea up and all that happened was that she threw a fit and further brainwashed the groom. Then she came at me with the guilt trip. "I really like you dro. I dunno why you are trying to ruin this night for me....." I just stopped trying since then. And noone has any tips on a watch to go with my tux for the wedding?

mr. furley said:
offdee said:

:hey: I trim my armpit hair a little too when it starts to go beyond the bounds of the pit. The "al sharpton in a headlock" look doesn't look good on anyone.
OH HELL NO

And noone has any tips on a watch to go with my tux for the wedding?
you need to talk budget first...plenty of ideas
Oh yea. Sorry bout that. How bout 120. I am on a budget since i still gotta plan one half of a joint party.I went to the guess store today and saw a very nice all black watch there. But i know nothing about watches and quality/looks. So i dunno if guess is the way to go for a watch.

Oh yea. Sorry bout that. How bout 120. I am on a budget since i still gotta plan one half of a joint party.I went to the guess store today and saw a very nice all black watch there. But i know nothing about watches and quality/looks. So i dunno if guess is the way to go for a watch.
sorry bro...I'm a FBG. I don't deal with anything less than Cartier ;) In that price range, I'm not really sure what the best bet is. I just bought a pretty cool vintage japanese digital watch for casual wear ( silver metal band, red led screen) for $125.

something like this:

http://www.led-watch.com/tx6.htm

The only redemption is if you get the bridesmaids to strip for the party. In other words, you're screwed. Sorry. :(

sorry bro...I'm a FBG. I don't deal with anything less than Cartier ;) In that price range, I'm not really sure what the best bet is. I just bought a pretty cool vintage japanese digital watch for casual wear ( silver metal band, red led screen) for $125.

something like this:

http://www.led-watch.com/tx6.htm
True. I'm working on getting to that successful FBG stage. But right now im nothing more than an average college kid. Thanks for the help though.

The only redemption is if you get the bridesmaids to strip for the party. In other words, you're screwed. Sorry. :(
Well since the bridal shower is only me. And the groom's sister....so that's not happening. The bride doesn't have many girl friends because she is well...a #####. So small bridal party and a joint party because the groom has too many friends and she's jealous. So we gotta group them together....I'm screwed.

The bride doesn't have many girl friends because she is well...a #####.
I figured this from the way she's micromanaging the bachelor party. I hate to say it, but the shark move is to talk your friend out of marrying this monster. It may sound evil, but in the end karma will be on your side.

I figured this from the way she's micromanaging the bachelor party. I hate to say it, but the shark move is to talk your friend out of marrying this monster. It may sound evil, but in the end karma will be on your side.
I tried that after he told me she was getting him a vasectomy as a wedding gift.....Not gonna happen. He loves her. I guess i just gotta be cool with her and respect his decision.

I tried that after he told me she was getting him a vasectomy as a wedding gift.
Please tell me you're joking.

I tried that after he told me she was getting him a vasectomy as a wedding gift.
Please tell me you're joking.
I really wish i was....And with that I think this will have to be a thread of its own. Before this takes over a thread about fashion advice.

I tried that after he told me she was getting him a vasectomy as a wedding gift.....Not gonna happen. He loves her. I guess i just gotta be cool with her and respect his decision.
:lmao: How does she rate in the looks department? She better be at least a 9.

If she's a 9 or 10, I can see a faux 2 year commitment for the sex alone. Other than that, this man is doomed for life. The only bright side is he'll be getting a vasectomy, so the human race wins in the end.

She's alright. Probably an 8 on a good day. Although I try not to pay attention to her. She seems to really like me. Thinks i'm a good influence on the groom. But i secretly hate the #####.

If she's a 9 or 10, I can see a faux 2 year commitment for the sex alone. Other than that, this man is doomed for life. The only bright side is he'll be getting a vasectomy, so the human race wins in the end.
:lmao:

Well since they've been together for 2 years already. I was assuming they wouldn't last till the wedding. But i guess the vag posses special brainwashing powers.

I see a white watch with that suit/tie combo. It will stand out against the black suit, mix well with the pink, and it's color is a nice representation of the wedding. Check out the Nixon Esquire in white polish.

I see a white watch with that suit/tie combo. It will stand out against the black suit, mix well with the pink, and it's color is a nice representation of the wedding. Check out the Nixon Esquire in white polish.
The 51-30 Chrono (white face) wraps my wrist regularly. I love it. Nixon makes a solid watch for a somewhat reasonable price.

The 51-30 Chrono (white face) wraps my wrist regularly. I love it. Nixon makes a solid watch for a somewhat reasonable price.
never heard of this brand but seems like good quality for the price :thumbup:

never heard of this brand but seems like good quality for the price :thumbup:
It was an independent brand for quite some time, then Billabong acquired them. Both design and price went up considerably. I own an Esquire, two Rotologs, a 51-30, and a Connect. Yes, I am a watch hoar (those are just the tip of the iceburg).

Thanks for suggestion. They look pretty good. Do they sell these in stores or just online? I'm not a big watch guy so sorry if that was a dumb question.

Users who are viewing this thread