Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
drpill

Woke in the middle of the night to find a stranger in my apt

Dude you blew it!!you had a chance to shoot him...legally too!! :angry:

I'm almost afraid to ask but- just out of curiosity, what happens to me if I attempt to break into Brutis' home in the middle of the night?

You did absolutely fine. I wonder how different your reaction might have been if you lived in a house instead of apartment. I live in a house on a cul de sac, with my wife and two young daughters. If there was a stranger in our house in the middle of the night, there would be no plausible explanation other than that stranger meant to rob us or do us harm.If you have a 4 year old son, you owe it to him and yourself to install a home security system. You can get one of these for fairly cheap.

:angry: I'll look into it.
I bet him or his friends live in your building. He was probably just wasted and climbed in the wrong balcony. I bet alot of us have done that in college. I went in the wrong house once and know guys who woke up in a strange house.

Dude you blew it!!you had a chance to shoot him...legally too!! :angry:

I'm almost afraid to ask but- just out of curiosity, what happens to me if I attempt to break into Brutis' home in the middle of the night?
Attempting to break in and being in my living room with a flashlight are 2 different things. Well, not so much in Oklahoma...You could die doing that. :angry:
  • Like 1

You did absolutely fine. I wonder how different your reaction might have been if you lived in a house instead of apartment. I live in a house on a cul de sac, with my wife and two young daughters. If there was a stranger in our house in the middle of the night, there would be no plausible explanation other than that stranger meant to rob us or do us harm.If you have a 4 year old son, you owe it to him and yourself to install a home security system. You can get one of these for fairly cheap.

I bet him or his friends live in your building. He was probably just wasted and climbed in the wrong balcony. I bet alot of us have done that in college. I went in the wrong house once and know guys who woke up in a strange house.
You know, you could be right. His incoherent mumbling would make a lot more sense in that light.

Why was he attempting to enter any house with a flashlight? It doesn't really add up.

:goodposting: I'll look into it.
You know, you could be right. His incoherent mumbling would make a lot more sense in that light.
Along with the shoes and weed. Im surpised you ratted him out, lol.Was it your flashlight or his he had. that will shed alot of light on his intentions. Did he bring his own light? Who carries a flashlight when drinking? Is your flashlight missing? Edited by PIK95

:goodposting: I'll look into it.
Along with the shoes and weed. Im surpised you ratted him out, lol.Was it your flashlight or his he had. that will shed alot of light on his intentions. Did he bring his own light? Who carries a flashlight when drinking? Is your flashlight missing?
Well, his shoes and pot were in the middle of my living room; I assumed he took them off to better sneak around and take my ####. He did have a flashlight, though, and it wasn't mine... which wouldn't make sense unless he was trying to walk around in the dark without disturbing his presumably sleeping friends.Either way, the guy's a nitwit and as demonstrated by the responses here he's pretty lucky all I did was toss him out and call the cops.

I would have beat the #### out of him with my baseball bat...plain and simple...your in my home in the middle of the night with a flashlight...I don't know you...you are going to die if you don't get out now.

The guy did get out now. :goodposting:

:mellow: Okay, I just found a pair of eyeglasses on my floor. I think inspector PIK may be on to something...

I guess I should send this guy a facebook message or something.

send him a facebook request to friend him, say, "I was the guy you tried to rob last night."

I wake up and find a guy in my home.., there will be a beating before any questions. Glad it worked out, you showed more restraint than I would have.

What he said.Once I realized it was just a confused kid I would stop beating him, but I would still call the cops just to be safe.Bizarre story.

send him a facebook request to friend him, say, "I was the guy you tried to rob last night."

I'm totally doing this. Great call.

I've been warned about leaving my balcony door open due to the potential fro theft

Maybe you should cut your hair

I seriously applaud the restraint shown. I doubt I would have asked many questions before taking a few swings first.

:lmao:Seriously this has to be shtick no?I wake up from a dead sleep to a stranger in my apartment, he's getting at the least tackled and pummeled some. You guys just had this pleasant exchange and that was what?And :lmao: at the pot.

The obvious internet tough guy answer is to beat ### first and ask questions later.

I don't think that's the tough guy answer, I think that's how I would seriously react, being scared crapless and wanting to defend myself/take control of the situation.

Where'd he get the flashlight? Did he bring it with him or do you leaves flashlights around for a burglers easy access?

LOL
Actually a really good question. This was no "accident."

Lol @ all the guys saying they would take bats/pipes etc. to the guys head when half of them would be hiding under the bed. Sure, now that we know it was a stoned Mike Shellenberg, it's easy to say that. What if it was 6'2, 245lb Devonte Johnson with prior convictions and a weapon?

All the more reason to put a bat to his head?

Doesn't sound to me like this was his first burglary. How many of us (non thieves) would think about taking your shoes off? And entering with a flashlight tells me he didn't stumble into the wrong apartment. You should probably turn this guy in because like many here have demonstrated, it will probably not end as well for him next time.

But congrats on keeping yourself and your son safe. Thats your first priority.

Lol @ all the guys saying they would take bats/pipes etc. to the guys head when half of them would be hiding under the bed. Sure, now that we know it was a stoned Mike Shellenberg, it's easy to say that. What if it was 6'2, 245lb Devonte Johnson with prior convictions and a weapon?

All the more reason to put a bat to his head?
I don't keep a gun in my house. My wife does have a bat by the bed for security for when I'm out of town. If somebody is in my house and I'm not sure if they are armed, I'm probably not going after them with my bat. Self-defence with it, yes.

Wait, he had a flashlight?

ETA: oh, it's in the thread title :lmao:

Edited by Bonzai

:goodposting: Id call the cops as soon as I figured out some #### was going down. :lmao: at people just going up to and attacking an intruder who in most cases at least has a knife and probably a handgun on them. Unless all theses bad ### FFAers all live in Canada, then maybe I could see that. Edited by Kenny Powers

Doesn't sound to me like this was his first burglary. How many of us (non thieves) would think about taking your shoes off? And entering with a flashlight tells me he didn't stumble into the wrong apartment. You should probably turn this guy in because like many here have demonstrated, it will probably not end as well for him next time.But congrats on keeping yourself and your son safe. Thats your first priority.

I envision this as the guy (for whatever reason) snuck into an apartment that he thought belonged to someone else, took his shoes off, and kicked back. Decided to take a piss before a couple of tokes to help him sleep. Pill caught him on the way to the bathroom.

If Mike Schellenberg of Winnipeg, Manitoba would have broken in my place he would've had at least 3 bullets in him within seconds of him entering my property illegally.

• Like 1

Doesn't sound to me like this was his first burglary. How many of us (non thieves) would think about taking your shoes off? And entering with a flashlight tells me he didn't stumble into the wrong apartment. You should probably turn this guy in because like many here have demonstrated, it will probably not end as well for him next time.But congrats on keeping yourself and your son safe. Thats your first priority.

Leaving his weed in the living room floor is another sure sign that this wasn't his first rodeo.At first I read this as you bumping into some stoned kid on the way to the pisser after crashing in the wrong place. But the whole flashlight thing is really ####### weird.

I envision this as the guy (for whatever reason) snuck into an apartment that he thought belonged to someone else, took his shoes off, and kicked back. Decided to take a piss before a couple of tokes to help him sleep. Pill caught him on the way to the bathroom.
This is the correct answer. Glad you're ok pill.Can't believe he told you his full name. :goodposting:
  • Like 1

Leaving his weed in the living room floor is another sure sign that this wasn't his first rodeo.At first I read this as you bumping into some stoned kid on the way to the pisser after crashing in the wrong place. But the whole flashlight thing is really ####### weird.
As is climbing in through the 3rd floor balcony window.

This is the correct answer. Glad you're ok pill.Can't believe he told you his full name. :lmao:
What about the flashlight?

:lmao: Id call the cops as soon as I figured out some #### was going down. :lmao: at people just going up to and attacking an intruder who in most cases at least has a knife and probably a handgun on them. Unless all theses bad ### FFAers all live in Canada, then maybe I could see that.
Based on the OPs story, though, which is: "I'm a heavy sleeper, so I don't know what woke me, but I woke up about an hour ago and crawled out of bed and ran smack into a guy in my apartment outside my bedroom", you didn't have the opportunity to call the cops before running into the intruder and and you know it's not the hypothetical Devonte Johnson. You didn't choose it, but you're standing face-to-face with the guy. Are you really going to run, close the door, and call the cops while your four year old son is out there? I really don't find it that hard to believe that somebody would take physical action under those circumstances. Edited by Jewell

Stoner Claus comes in the middle of the night on the first Friday of the fall, and brings drugs and shoes to the good little boys and girls.

:lmao: :lmao:
  • Like 1

I've been warned about leaving my balcony door open due to the potential fro theft

:lmao:

Stoner Claus comes in the middle of the night on the first Friday of the fall, and brings drugs and shoes to the good little boys and girls.

This post deserves so much more love.:lmao: :lmao:

Tie the shoe laces together and throw them over the nearest power lines. You'll have lots of Stoner Claus's visiting you in no time. :lmao:

:lmao: It truly does. That post and the Fro theft ones. Good ####.

:fro:
Why would anyone want to steal the Fro alias? All you can do with it is #### up polls.:yesno:

• Like 1

I've just deemed it sig worthy.

Awesome.

Hey, would anybody have either shot him or gone after him with a baseball bat right away?

Who is that in your avatar? Hubba, hubba.

I seriously applaud the restraint shown. I doubt I would have asked many questions before taking a few swings first.

:mellow:Seriously this has to be shtick no?I wake up from a dead sleep to a stranger in my apartment, he's getting at the least tackled and pummeled some. You guys just had this pleasant exchange and that was what?And :lmao: at the pot.
:lmao:Seriously. I keep my brass knuckles and maglight in my nightstand just in case something like this happens.

:lmao: Okay, I just found a pair of eyeglasses on my floor. I think inspector PIK may be on to something...I guess I should send this guy a facebook message or something.

:mellow:

Hey, would anybody have either shot him or gone after him with a baseball bat right away?

He woulda had to smoke me up and tell me his story before I let him go. If he wasn't robbing me I supect we woulda became fast friends. Although if my kids in any way were involved he may have been beaten close to death. Edited by PIK95

Well, Mike just came and picked up his stuff. He seems like a nice guy, very apologetic. Glad I didn't kill him.

Well, Mike just came and picked up his stuff. He seems like a nice guy, very apologetic. Glad I didn't kill him.

I wonder if this will make him more or less likely to accept that friend request I sent him.

This would be my guess too. When I was in college, one of my good friends did this accidentally. Downtown was in walking distance to a neighborhood where a bunch of college students lived (including myself on and off during college). Some friends of ours lived in a house on a street in this neighborhood, and there was a house a couple doors down that looked almost identical. She was drunk one night walking back from downtown and decided to crash on their sofa. Unknowingly she went to the house that was almost identical to her friends house, and the door was locked but the window wasn't, so she climbed through the window and passed out on their couch. The next morning they awoke to find her on their sofa and they called the police. They pressed charges against her for breaking and entering. They knew who she was too from seeing her over at the house that was a couple houses down. Anyway, she got her charge reduced from a felony to a misdeamenor, but she had to do community service and pay a fine.