What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RW/RR Challenge: The Ruins (1 Viewer)

BR33ZE

Footballguy
Twenty-eight competitors have been tapped to compete in an exciting new Real World/Road Rules Challenge. We're pitting grizzled and greedy former winners, henceforth known as "Champions," to do battle against a team of equally greedy newcomers and past Challenge losers we've dubbed "Challengers." They will meet in exotic Thailand to see who can face the rigors of The Ruins.Although players will compete at teams, they will also bank winnings into individual bank accounts as they compete in nine intense challenges and a thrilling finale. There is $$300,000 up for grabs and, as always, the players will do whatever it takes to get their cut of the Challenge prize.Not everyone will last until the end to earn a share of the wealth. After each weekly challenge, one man and one woman from each team will compete in "The Ruins" -- a head-to-head battle between two competitors, where one man and one woman will be eliminated. The winner of "The Ruins" not only stays in the game, but pockets the loser's bank account, making them richer -- as well as a bigger target in the eyes of the other players. The loser? Well, the loser goes home flat broke.Avoiding "The Ruins" depends on how well teams do in the challenges. Before each challenge, each team will nominate six people -- three men and three women from their ranks -- to be eligible for "The Ruins." After every challenge, the winning team will split $$20,000 evenly. Then, the winning team's lucky six nominees will be "the match-makers" who will select which man and woman from each team will be sentenced to "The Ruins." The selected men will have their "Ruins" competition and so will the women. The losers will be sent packing.As with any Challenge, the competitor who plays their cards right and forms the best alliances will find they have the power. Those who do not may just find themselves in "The Ruins." However, in Thailand, going into the elimination round is a risk that could pay off, as the winner ends up acquiring their opponent's bank account.Only the players that make it to the end will walk away with the cash they've banked and compete in the finale. Plus, the winners of the finale will earn an additional grand prize!Ultimately, friendships will be put to the test, hearts will be broken and battles will rage -- both on and off the playing field -- as players do whatever it takes to be crowned the winners of The Ruins!

They really need to start testing these guys for elevated testosterone levels before competing. It's fairly obvious most of these guys are juicing which leads to an unfair advantage in competition and guys like Adam almost getting killed.

I do think Wes' schtick is pretty funny. I always thought he was a major doosh but he's making the show interesting this year.

And god bless Johanna :goodposting:

Last edited by a moderator:
I would be willing to bet that CT is either in jail or dead within 18 months. That dude went on a super roid rage the last challenge he was on.

Its only a matter of time before someone dies or is killed on one of these challenges and MTV or the production company is going to get sued big time for supplying the alcohol etc.

That said I bet Tonya would be lights out in the sack. Crazy girls are just better in bed its a scientific fact.

I would be willing to bet that CT is either in jail or dead within 18 months. That dude went on a super roid rage the last challenge he was on.

Its only a matter of time before someone dies or is killed on one of these challenges and MTV or the production company is going to get sued big time for supplying the alcohol etc.

That said I bet Tonya would be lights out in the sack. Crazy girls are just better in bed its a scientific fact.
Maybe but that white trash, alcoholic type just doesn't do it for me. She's getting to the stage in her life where it's not cute. IIRC, she used to be pretty hot when she was on Road Rules or Real World but still bat sh.. crazybtw, did anyone catch the previews for next week? looks like Brad got knocked the eff out. At least I thought it was Brad. Couldn't really tell the way the clips were cut.

I actually feel for a bit for Wes. He's bringing it on himself but to remain calm when someone calls your girlfriend a whore/b to your face is pretty impressive. He should get a pass if he clocked that dude.

I fell asleep last night before the end. I've got it Tivo-ed for when I get home today.

Shauvon (spelling?) looks like a whale now.

She needs to slow down on the twinkies.

I guess I don't get all the hate for Wes. Dude came back bigger and badder than before. Looks like he has been working out with T.O.

I fell asleep last night before the end. I've got it Tivo-ed for when I get home today.

Shauvon (spelling?) looks like a whale now.

She needs to slow down on the twinkies.

I guess I don't get all the hate for Wes. Dude came back bigger and badder than before. Looks like he has been working out with T.O.
you mean Barry Bonds?

Great episode last night.

I love that they are forcing Wes to throw the whole thing.

That and Shavonne's exploding implant are the best things to have happened for the Challengers.

My wife watches a lot of completely un-redeeming TV, but there's something about this one that makes me give her a pass and even pay a little bit of attention. It's like the ultimate train wreck. It's one thing to put up with many of the people nowadays who try to get on most reality shows, but then you give those people a path to essentially become a "professional" reality show contestant, and they just feel the need to put it out there further and further. It's captivating.

Oh ya!

Evelyn got owned last night.

I usually don't watch the after show, but this one was not that bad with Evelyn, Kelley Ann, Wes and Bananas.

I am in love with Susie. She is a cold blooded killer with the looks of a model. Um, mmmmmm.

I think Wes would annihilate just about any dude there in a fist fight. Johnny was scared ####less on the last episode.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am liking this Challenge. I feel for Wes. How can he see (on national TV) Johanna get with Kenny, and not go crazy? Even if he isn't the strongest guy there, he is definitely the craziest. Other than his team teaming up against him, it seems each individual guy is backing down from him. I hope they show KellyAnne's turdcutter pretty soon.

http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/news/mtv-star-diem-brown-dead-tk-20141114

Sad

MTV reality star Diem Brown died Friday after a prolonged battle with cancer, Us Weekly reports. She was 32. An entertainment reporter and participant on the long-running show The Challenge, Brown also founded MedGift, a crowdfunding site that helps those undergoing medical treatment.

On Tuesday, as her condition worsened, Brown reached out to fans on Instagram and Twitter, writing: "I NEED prayers and advice. My doctors are seemingly giving up but I won't & can't roll over. Whatever option I have to LIVE I'm grabbing." Brown was scheduled to undergo another round of chemotherapy next Tuesday in the hopes of shrinking the tumors.
Her friend, E! correspondent Alicia Quarles, remained by her side, and echoed Diem's plea on her own Instagram, writing, "We both believe in the power of prayer. She's asked that I ask all of you to pray for her. God is good. Diem would like a huge prayer circle. I reassured her she has one. Diem smiled and told me, a little reminder never hurts."

This was Brown's third cancer diagnosis after being previously diagnosed with ovarian cancer in 2006 and 2012. As she told Us, this time the cancer spread to her colon and stomach lining; but she remained in high spirits, saying, "I'll beat cancer again. I'm a warrior."

The Georgia-born personality rose to fame in 2006 with her debut appearance on MTV's Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Fresh Meat and went on to compete in six more versions of the competition show.

Brown's own battle with cancer inspired her to start MedGift, which created both a financial and emotional support network for those grappling with health issues. While Brown never intended to use the site herself, Quarles and Brown's family started a page in her honor following her most recent diagnosis.

She is survived by her father, brother and two sisters.

Sad

MTV reality star Diem Brown died Friday after a prolonged battle with cancer, Us Weekly reports. She was 32. An entertainment reporter and participant on the long-running show The Challenge, Brown also founded MedGift, a crowdfunding site that helps those undergoing medical treatment.

On Tuesday, as her condition worsened, Brown reached out to fans on Instagram and Twitter, writing: "I NEED prayers and advice. My doctors are seemingly giving up but I won't & can't roll over. Whatever option I have to LIVE I'm grabbing." Brown was scheduled to undergo another round of chemotherapy next Tuesday in the hopes of shrinking the tumors.
Her friend, E! correspondent Alicia Quarles, remained by her side, and echoed Diem's plea on her own Instagram, writing, "We both believe in the power of prayer. She's asked that I ask all of you to pray for her. God is good. Diem would like a huge prayer circle. I reassured her she has one. Diem smiled and told me, a little reminder never hurts."

This was Brown's third cancer diagnosis after being previously diagnosed with ovarian cancer in 2006 and 2012. As she told Us, this time the cancer spread to her colon and stomach lining; but she remained in high spirits, saying, "I'll beat cancer again. I'm a warrior."

The Georgia-born personality rose to fame in 2006 with her debut appearance on MTV's Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Fresh Meat and went on to compete in six more versions of the competition show.

Brown's own battle with cancer inspired her to start MedGift, which created both a financial and emotional support network for those grappling with health issues. While Brown never intended to use the site herself, Quarles and Brown's family started a page in her honor following her most recent diagnosis.

Damn. Really always hoped she and C.T. would live happily ever after.

Sad

eff cancer

Sucks, I'm with Henry Ford on this one. Always figured her and CT would work their stuff out and get back together.

Sucks, I'm with Henry Ford on this one. Always figured her and CT would work their stuff out and get back together.
http://instagram.com/p/tiZAgTtTBB/

shows he is a pretty good dude
If you watch the show, it's clear he has some issues with anger and maturity (I probably would, too, if my brother was murdered) but he's a really, really good guy.
Yup. And she really kept him normal. Very sad. :(

http://www.tmz.com/2014/11/27/ryan-knight-dead-dies-real-world/

They come in 3's?

Ryan Knight -- a castmate on the 2010 "Real World New Orleans" -- has died and close friends tell TMZ it was on the heels of a night of partying.

Several of Ryan's friends tell TMZ ... he was out partying Wednesday night with a bunch of people and ended up at a friend's house. We're told a friend found him dead Thursday morning. The friend said he had choked on his own vomit.

Several people who were in contact with Knight while he was partying tell us he had taken "some pills" but they were not specific.

Friends tell us Ryan was upbeat Wednesday night. He was saying he was dating someone new who made him extremely happy.

It's the second 'Real World' death this month ... Diem Brown died a few weeks ago.

Ryan was 29.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/11/27/ryan-knight-dead-dies-real-world/#ixzz3KNXkv4lM

If you watch the show, it's clear he has some issues with anger and maturity (I probably would, too, if my brother was murdered) but he's a really, really good guy.
I have a hard time with this statement. I used to root for him to turn it around. He was very entertaining, you could tell he was smart, and obviously could turn on the charm. Always hoped he would grow up. He never did. Diem absolutely made him a better dude, but his bad side still came out way too often even with her. My all time favorite challenge moment is when he wears Jonny bananas as a backpack and easily wins their head to head. But even there you can see what a jerk he is. He had just won and decides to turn his body and slam bananas to the ground.

Countless examples of him acting like a violent meathead. I don't think that is just being immature. I don't think it is excusable because his brother got murdered. He was in so many fights and kicked off several shows. He punched Davis out, tried to basically kill Adam, and manipulated so many women in the houses that I have a very hard time thinking he was a good guy. Perhaps these shows are all basically scripted and that was simply his role to play. I'll admit that is possible.

Even this stuff with Diem at the end he made sure to have a go pro camera and other people taking photos for him to post.

Maybe this can be what gets him there, but I find that difficult to believe.

I have a hard time with this statement. I used to root for him to turn it around. He was very entertaining, you could tell he was smart, and obviously could turn on the charm. Always hoped he would grow up. He never did. Diem absolutely made him a better dude, but his bad side still came out way too often even with her. My all time favorite challenge moment is when he wears Jonny bananas as a backpack and easily wins their head to head. But even there you can see what a jerk he is. He had just won and decides to turn his body and slam bananas to the ground.

Countless examples of him acting like a violent meathead. I don't think that is just being immature. I don't think it is excusable because his brother got murdered. He was in so many fights and kicked off several shows. He punched Davis out, tried to basically kill Adam, and manipulated so many women in the houses that I have a very hard time thinking he was a good guy. Perhaps these shows are all basically scripted and that was simply his role to play. I'll admit that is possible.

Even this stuff with Diem at the end he made sure to have a go pro camera and other people taking photos for him to post.

The backpack stuff was a few years ago, no? He seems to have matured and mellowed in recent seasons, but they can pretty much edit the footage to make it fit whatever narrative the producers want.

The backpack stuff was a few years ago, no? He seems to have matured and mellowed in recent seasons, but they can pretty much edit the footage to make it fit whatever narrative the producers want.
Getting those people all liquored up all the time helps too.

So anyways, Diem and Ryan were part of the filming of the new challenge starting up in January. Diem is with CT and Ryan is with one of the girls from his RW season. Will be a bummer to watch....I might have to retire after this one.

Joe T said:
Was awesome.  I would have done the same thing.  I think in this case it was justified.
I don't fully blame him, but he should probably be done with the Challenges now.  That's a "take the money and retire" move.

Bananas is such a tool though (great for the show as it's someone to hate). I respect his game but whenever he throws someone into a challenge it's game play. 

Any time over the years he gets fed to the wolves (see: playing the game) , it's the biggest ####### conspiracy and betrayel of all time. Huge hypocrite. Awesome challenge competitor though. 

The needed that twist to save the season, it was boring. They've also forced me to watch AYTO now so I can see the prospects coming up the minor leagues and I hate them for that. 

Didn't watch this one.  What happened?
Rivals - Bananas and Sarah were a team - dominated the whole season and won the final challenge.

Option was given to take the entire 275K top prize based on who did better in the final challenge. Bananas opted to keep the entire thing for himself.

Here's a good Q/A:

http://www.people.com/article/challenge-rivals-iii-mtv-winner-exclusive

Bender, is AYTO like a ripoff Bachelor(ette)?  That's quite the dedication you have for the Challenge.  I thought Cheyenne was likable, and kinda hot, but her Rival was annoying as hell.  
10 men and 10 women in a house. All have been matched up with their "Perfect Match" if everyone finds their perfect match the cast wins a million dollars. Worth catching up On Demand on this season if you can. Lot of crazy people. 

We discuss the Challenge a lot in the Wagering Thread believe it or not. It's the best.

10 men and 10 women in a house. All have been matched up with their "Perfect Match" if everyone finds their perfect match the cast wins a million dollars. Worth catching up On Demand on this season if you can. Lot of crazy people. 

We discuss the Challenge a lot in the Wagering Thread believe it or not. It's the best.
Never noticed it in there, but I usually only pop in for fight card nights.   :thumbup:

I don't have a problem with what Bananas did. Personally, I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I screwed another person out of that much cash when they deserved it as much as I did. But an extra $135K pre-tax is a lot of ####### money. 

What I had a problem with was his justification. All he needed to say was "I need this for my future" etc or just owned it that he was being greedy. Trying to justify it by comparing it to Sarah throwing him into an elimination at one point was such nonsense. The dude in the pink suit was a complete idiot and tool but he's 100% right in saying that there was an enormous difference between possibly screwing one of your competitors out of some money by forcing them to compete for it, and taking all the cash away that your partner actually earned after the fact. 

Didn't watch this one.  What happened?
Rivals. Paired Sara with Bananas from when she threw him in at the 2nd to last challenge in the last Rivals.  This season had a "new twist" at the end, where during the final they tallied scores up for each of the events.  Whichever person from the winning team had the most points got to decide if they wanted to split the prize money with their partner, or keep it all for themselves.  Bananas and Sara won, and Bananas kept the 275k for himself instead of splitting it with her.  Pretty ballsy.

I can't stand Bananas or his cousin. 

Bananas is such a tool though (great for the show as it's someone to hate). I respect his game but whenever he throws someone into a challenge it's game play. 

Any time over the years he gets fed to the wolves (see: playing the game) , it's the biggest ####### conspiracy and betrayel of all time. Huge hypocrite. Awesome challenge competitor though. 

The needed that twist to save the season, it was boring. They've also forced me to watch AYTO now so I can see the prospects coming up the minor leagues and I hate them for that. 
I listened to Sarah Rice-Patterson and Susie Meisner's podcast this morning.  It, of course, was about the Rivals III finale.  Sarah felt like the whole thing was a setup to make sure Bananas betrayed her.  She talked about stuff TJ Lavin and the crew did that didn't make it on air to prime Bananas to keep the prize money for himself.    

When the teams were first announced on the beach after the skydive, TJ introduced Sarah as "the one who pulled the most cunning move in Challenge history", which pissed Bananas off because he didn't like the host bringing up a time a player outstmarted him in a challenge, much less pairing him with her for the game.  Then after the final and TJ went up the line asking the guys if they would keep or share the prize, before asking Bananas he framed it as "are you going to share the money, or will YOU become the one to pull off the most cunning move in Challenge history?"  

Lot of stuff about how Bananas is all talk away from the Challenge, too.  Tried to tell her the reason he took the money is he sees the life Sarah already has, and wants that life for himself, and that extra $137,500 would go a long way towards getting there... if The Challenge for her is not about the money, but challenging yourself and competing, then not getting the prize money shouldn't be a big deal.  

Then other away-from-game stuff about how he felt bad about it, and to let him know the next time she went snowboarding and he would hook her up (Bananas's girlfriend is pro snowboarder Hannah Teeter).  Sarah goes to Tahoe to snowboard, breaks a binding, sends Bananas a photo "sure could use that hookup", he asks her where she's staying and what size equipment she uses... and proceeded to not hook her up or even contact her again.           

Still a little curious if the whole thing was staged. During one of the commercials of the reunion, they showed a backstage clip and were talking to a couple people and in the background, you could see Sarah picking at some platters of food right in front of Bananas as he's sitting in a chair and it looked like they were talking. Obviously could have been perfectly normal and maybe it was tense between them but if I'm about to confront someone about screwing me out of $137K, I'm probably not going about my normal business picking at hors d'oeuvres in front of them. 

Users who are viewing this thread