What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Android apps (5 Viewers)

:wheelhouse:spy camera lite

The paid app has full res images.SECRETLY TAKE PICTURES! No preview, no taken image, no shutter sound. Only a black screen with status and free space indicators.APP SHOWS AS 'Sca'. THE ICON IS NOT A CAMERA.Not listed in recent apps list.Options:No pics in Pictures appScreen offContinuous shootTimerLockspycam
:) :lmao: :) :no:

Last edited by a moderator:
way cool. especially for those that intracity/metro travel a lot.

http://www.appstorehq.com/boundaryreminder...roid-177827/app

This application is a reminder tool which works with your location.

A boundary is registered in drawing a circle on the map, you get a notification when you pass over the boundary.(The application works in background as Service.)

Your location data is NOT send to a server.

Ver.1.1.0

Location Log (trace) function was added.

There are two "Market" icons on my desktop (is that what it's called on a smart phone?). How do i get rid of one? I see how to add items, but I don't see how to get rid of one.
Hold down your finger on that icon, a trash bin will appear and you can drag it to it.
Thanks. Can't believe I didn't try that. It's amazing how simple this phone is to use.
Little annoyed I cant kill nascar, the weather channel and that moxie mail (without rooting the phone)
Aren't they all apps that you uninstall through the application manager? I know weather is.

There are two "Market" icons on my desktop (is that what it's called on a smart phone?). How do i get rid of one? I see how to add items, but I don't see how to get rid of one.
Hold down your finger on that icon, a trash bin will appear and you can drag it to it.
Thanks. Can't believe I didn't try that. It's amazing how simple this phone is to use.
Little annoyed I cant kill nascar, the weather channel and that moxie mail (without rooting the phone)
Aren't they all apps that you uninstall through the application manager? I know weather is.
even after "removal" the "stock" bloatware is still in my pull down of all apps. If I'm doing something wrong I'd love to know.Looks like I need to dial up my phone hacker...

even after "removal" the "stock" bloatware is still in my pull down of all apps. If I'm doing something wrong I'd love to know.Looks like I need to dial up my phone hacker...
weather channel isn't stock IIRC (just removed it from mine). you must mean others like corp calendar and amazon. you do have to root to remove that.

Current Apparently

Handcent SMS

3Banana Notes

AndWobble

AndWobble Live Wallpaper

Where

MLB At Bat 10

Astro File Manager

Advanced Task Killer

2010 World Cup

Trap!(game)

Two Touch Timer

Pandora

Bubble Level

Finance

Shazam

Ringdroid

Shopsavvy

Unit Converter

Droidlight

Weather Channel

Soundboards:

Anchorman

The Hangover

Larry David

The Big Lebowski

Old School

I've enjoyed buddy runner. Uses gps to keep track of distance and gives you time, distance and pace upates at half mile intervals. Keeps a history of past runs and a map of the route. Simple, two buttons to start, pause or resume or end. Works alongside pandora for a great running experience.

screebl is a useful app if you don't like your phone shutting off when you are in the middle of a passive task

It lets you set an angle at which your phone won't turn off, gotta try it out to see what I mean

Hipple said:
Don't know if it counts as an app, but Swype is the balls
http://www.androidcentral.com/download-bet...n-swype-androidIf you're a Droid User (or Nexus One user) eager to give Swype for Android, the purported nifty keyboard replacement, a try, there's a beta that you can download! The downloadable beta only works with WVGA handsets (hence Droid and Nexus One) so those with HTC Heroes and Droid Erises are a little out of luck for the time being. Reports are saying that Swype for Android is actually pretty sweet and works rather well, so go ahead and give yourself a try!

Here's how [via mobilecrunch]:

Download and install the Astro file manager from the Android Marketplace

Download this zip file

Unzip that file, which will give you a file called “[mfhs]Swype-SwypeReference-WVGA854-trial-release.0.35.3959.apk”

Copy the APK file to your handset’s SD card

On your Android handset, go to Settings > Applications > and check the box next to Unknown Sources

Use Astro to browse for the apk file on your SD card, install it.

Go to Settings > Language and Keyboard. Enable the Swype keyboard.

You should now be able to switch between the standard keyboard and the Swype keyboard by tapping-and-holding on any text input field.
that had a timebomb in it and has expired. you have to get the official beta from swypeinc.comunfortunately for those who don't have it, the beta is closed for now.

Hipple said:
Don't know if it counts as an app, but Swype is the balls
http://www.androidcentral.com/download-bet...n-swype-androidIf you're a Droid User (or Nexus One user) eager to give Swype for Android, the purported nifty keyboard replacement, a try, there's a beta that you can download! The downloadable beta only works with WVGA handsets (hence Droid and Nexus One) so those with HTC Heroes and Droid Erises are a little out of luck for the time being. Reports are saying that Swype for Android is actually pretty sweet and works rather well, so go ahead and give yourself a try!

Here's how [via mobilecrunch]:

Download and install the Astro file manager from the Android Marketplace

Download this zip file

Unzip that file, which will give you a file called “[mfhs]Swype-SwypeReference-WVGA854-trial-release.0.35.3959.apk”

Copy the APK file to your handset’s SD card

On your Android handset, go to Settings > Applications > and check the box next to Unknown Sources

Use Astro to browse for the apk file on your SD card, install it.

Go to Settings > Language and Keyboard. Enable the Swype keyboard.

You should now be able to switch between the standard keyboard and the Swype keyboard by tapping-and-holding on any text input field.
that had a timebomb in it and has expired. you have to get the official beta from swypeinc.comunfortunately for those who don't have it, the beta is closed for now.
Just figured this out. :kicksrock:

I love my BB Bold, but I'm intrigued by the Evo 4G if sprint can make plan pricing appealing. THing is HUGE.

I love my BB Bold, but I'm intrigued by the Evo 4G if sprint can make plan pricing appealing. THing is HUGE.
From what a sprint rep told me and what ive read online you just need there normal smart phone data plan. And when your area because 4g ready it wont cost anymore.Only extra charge ive heard is $10-20 per month to use the mobile hot spot feature.

Current ApparentlyHandcent SMS3Banana NotesAndWobble AndWobble Live WallpaperWhereMLB At Bat 10Astro File ManagerAdvanced Task Killer2010 World CupTrap!(game)Two Touch TimerPandoraBubble Level FinanceShazamRingdroidShopsavvyUnit ConverterDroidlightWeather Channel Soundboards:AnchormanThe HangoverLarry DavidThe Big LebowskiOld School
Added:Wi-fi AnalyzerRemote for iTunes :lmao:Documents to Go

Current ApparentlyHandcent SMS- slightly better than stock SMS3Banana Notes- Cool note taking app that lets you attach picsAndWobble- Pic editing app, adds a jiggle to certain spots. Boobs> heyAndWobble Live Wallpaper- What it saysWhere- Place locator, gets info on the area around you...restaurants, movies...MLB At Bat 10- what it saysAstro File Manager- opens certain files that stock wouldn't.Advanced Task Killer- kills tasks2010 World Cup- countdown and schedule for world cupTrap!(game)Two Touch Timer- stop watchPandora- duh?Bubble Level- cool level app...actually used it a few timesFinance- stock trackerShazam- music recognizerRingdroid- lets you edit music into ringtonesShopsavvy- barcode cannerUnit Converter, weights and measures thingyDroidlight- led flashlightWeather Channel- ?Soundboards:AnchormanThe HangoverLarry DavidThe Big LebowskiOld School
Added:Wi-fi Analyzer- picks up local wifi and measures the strengthRemote for iTunes :PDocuments to Go- word, excel app $15

Why docs to go? i havnt tried but would assume the google docs would work?
I have the free version of docs to go.It allows you to view word docs and spreadsheets, and I think edit ones that you copied to your phone.The Blackberry free version was better though

iTag is a FREE service to locate and protect your lost or stolen phone. View your cell phone’s location, make it ring from the website, lock the keys, back up your data, delete the information on the phone and MORE!

http://itag.com/

Finally jumping on the android bandwagon (HTC Droid Incredible set to arrive this week)....thought I'd see if anyone else had some input.

Think I may give. MLB live 2010 a try I enjoyed it on my touch last year.
Thinking about getting this. Curious how it is different than following on web
bump anyone?
I have the app (did not purchase, I'm a bad boy).Excellent baseball app. I like that I can follow my Twins home radio cast while on the go with my phone. If you want to shell out the $15 and really enjoy baseball, you'll like this app.

Finally jumping on the android bandwagon (HTC Droid Incredible set to arrive this week)....thought I'd see if anyone else had some input.
That phone looks awesome, I'm curious to hear your review.Android I've found to be a pretty cool OS, though my experience in the mobile arena is very limited.

My Incredible arrived today. Still figuring it out. It's going to take getting used to the on screen keyboard, but it isn't as bad as I thought (i.e. I'm making far less mistakes). The phone itself is very sleek looking.

My Incredible arrived today. Still figuring it out. It's going to take getting used to the on screen keyboard, but it isn't as bad as I thought. I'm making far less mistakes. The phone itself is very sleek looking.
I'm hesitant about the onscreen keyboard too, which is why I'm hoping the EVO works for me. Its big enough that the soft keyboard should be "big enough." I think its only a matter of time til all phones are touchscreen so I figure I'll get on with the migration.

My Incredible arrived today. Still figuring it out. It's going to take getting used to the on screen keyboard, but it isn't as bad as I thought (i.e. I'm making far less mistakes). The phone itself is very sleek looking.
I got the Motorola Droid mostly due to it having the physical keyboard, because I didn't think I'd like the on-screen keyboard. After about a month, I find myself using the on-screen keyboard 99% of the time and the keyboard is just there. So, I think you'll get used to it.

I got the Motorola Droid mostly due to it having the physical keyboard, because I didn't think I'd like the on-screen keyboard. After about a month, I find myself using the on-screen keyboard 99% of the time and the keyboard is just there. So, I think you'll get used to it.
That's good to hear. I imagine that sort of thing is common. I don't care for the keyboard on the Droid myself.

How do you like the screen?

It's big and beautiful. Haven't watched any videos or anything like that yet.
I really like the Sense UI that was put on it, seems to run real smooth on the other phones I've seen it on.

I still like the physical keyboard on the droid for typing long sentences. The onscreen keyboard is fine but I like the ease of having a mouse and all the alt keys laid out in front of me. :goodposting:

:popcorn: im actually much faster using the screen now too

I really like the Sense UI that was put on it, seems to run real smooth on the other phones I've seen it on.
I haven't used a regular Android phone, so I don't know where the sense UI ends and regular Android begins, but the main screen is pretty nice, with weather info and a clock. If its cloudy, clouds float across the screen. When sunny, there are sunray. It's very slick looking.The camera is far better than my wife's pre. I scanned a barcode w/o trouble while that app doesn't work well on the pre.

I haven't used a regular Android phone, so I don't know where the sense UI ends and regular Android begins, but the main screen is pretty nice, with weather info and a clock. If its cloudy, clouds float across the screen. When sunny, there are sunray. It's very slick looking.The camera is far better than my wife's pre. I scanned a barcode w/o trouble while that app doesn't work well on the pre.
I know it is very new and you just received it, but how does the battery fair? And are you using Appkiller now to make it last longer or just standard as is?

I know it is very new and you just received it, but how does the battery fair? And are you using Appkiller now to make it last longer or just standard as is?
The battery lasted about 7 hours of heavy use (very little phone, but downloading apps, playing with apps, setting up wifi, etc). I used app killer occasionally to help. After my wife checked it out, there were about 12 apps open. It's kind of annoying that something like the led flashlight doesn't shut down when you exit.

I have used Android with and without Sense UI. I have the Droid my wife has the Eris. It's a very nice cover to the Android OS. I am able to get apps to simulate the weather and clock feature Sense UI has. Also change my home screen look and feel with apps. I think Sense UI is great for someone that wants to do little customizing.

I have used Android with and without Sense UI. I have the Droid my wife has the Eris. It's a very nice cover to the Android OS. I am able to get apps to simulate the weather and clock feature Sense UI has. Also change my home screen look and feel with apps. I think Sense UI is great for someone that wants to do little customizing.
I stopped by Verizon to try and transfer my data to the Incredible (by the way, don't go without your sd card). While I was waiting, I looked at a Droid. From my brief tour of the Droid, the Incredible UI looks far more polished than the stock Droid UI.

I stopped by Verizon to try and transfer my data to the Incredible (by the way, don't go without your sd card). While I was waiting, I looked at a Droid. From my brief tour of the Droid, the Incredible UI looks far more polished than the stock Droid UI.
I agree. I think the Sense UI does just that puts a nice polish on the Android OS. It's nice.

Users who are viewing this thread