What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cleveland Browns (13 Viewers)

Thoughts on the schedule...

CIN W

@ Ind L

MIA W

TEN W

@ Oak L

SEA W

@ SF W

@ Hou L

STL W

JAC W

@ Cin W

BAL L

@ Pit L

@ Ari L

@ Bal L

PIT L

The ones in bold I'm confident about.

There's no reason the Browns can't win their first 6 home games. Those 6 teams combined to go 17-31 (.370) on the road last year. Only one team had a winning record on the road in '10 (Miami went 6-2).

Think they can win 2 of their first 5 road games. They'd shouldn't lose to Cincy this year at all. I'll be pissed if they do.

Last 5 games will most likely go the way the couple season have ended...a lot of misery. I give them a chance with Baltimore at home and at Arizona but that's it. Until I see them somewhat competitive against those dooshbag Steelers then it's 2 losses from them every year.

Conclusion: They could get anywhere from 5-8 wins.

ETA: Oh yeah, I urinated on Heinz Field this Summer. True story. GO BROWNS!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
CIN W

@ Ind L

MIA W

TEN W

@ Oak L

SEA W

@ SF W

@ Hou L

STL W

JAC W

@ Cin W

BAL L

@ Pit L

@ Ari W

@ Bal L

PIT L

Here is what I think the team can win this year......9-7 this year.

I'm expecting about 5 wins this year. New coach, new offense, bad receivers, possibly worse linebackers than receivers. They have 1/2 of a solid secondary. Young and inexperienced defensive line. Steinbach is on IR. Those things combined with what I saw in the preseason don't add up to an 8 or 9 win team to me.

CIN W

@ Ind L

MIA W

TEN W

@ Oak L

SEA W

@ SF L

@ Hou L

STL L

JAC W

@ Cin L

BAL L

@ Pit L

@ Ari L

@ Bal L

PIT L

I have trouble seeing them at 8-3 to start, but I think 8-8 is attainable this year. A few of the wins will turn to losses and losses like @Oak, vBal, @Ind, @Arz could turn into wins.

CIN W

@ Ind L

MIA W

TEN W

@ Oak L

SEA W

@ SF W

@ Hou L

STL W

JAC W

@ Cin W

BAL L

@ Pit L

@ Ari L

@ Bal L

PIT L

I still think we go 10-6 and are playing for our playoff lives week 17.

We have to win this week though, back to back going into the bye would of course be nice but putting the nail in Miami's coffin is a must for mojo.

With the NE debacle on defense, I'm looking at the wire. I like the Browns schedule down the stretch. Any thoughts on the Browns as a viable fantasy defense going forward? Thanks.

Anyone else pumped about the play of Phil Taylor and Jabal Sheard thus far? I didn't expect the two rookies to be so productive so early in their careers. Throw in Atyba Rubin and we have the makings of a good young starting defensive line. I believe we even lead the AFC is sacks so far.

You have to love the job Tom Heckert is doing in the draft the past two years.

Anyone else pumped about the play of Phil Taylor and Jabal Sheard thus far? I didn't expect the two rookies to be so productive so early in their careers. Throw in Atyba Rubin and we have the makings of a good young starting defensive line. I believe we even lead the AFC is sacks so far.You have to love the job Tom Heckert is doing in the draft the past two years.
With Rubin, Taylor, Sheard, Haden, and Ward, it sure does look like a promising future on the defensive side of the ball. If they can throw in a couple of talented linebackers, this defense could be amazing.

Anyone else pumped about the play of Phil Taylor and Jabal Sheard thus far? I didn't expect the two rookies to be so productive so early in their careers. Throw in Atyba Rubin and we have the makings of a good young starting defensive line. I believe we even lead the AFC is sacks so far.

You have to love the job Tom Heckert is doing in the draft the past two years.
They need to give Heckert a HUGE raise. I am pleasantly surprised with the defense. I honestly thought they would go through a lot of growing pains this season. Don't forget DQ... when he's healthy, he's a stud. Besides the names you've already mentioned, I like what I see from Gocon, Mitchell, Patterson, and even Buster Skrine seems to be a guy to keep an eye on.

The only issue with this team is they have 0 depth, but I agree with the plan of getting younger. Heckert knows they aren't going anywhere this year, so grab as much young talent as possible and see who sticks. The weakest spot on the team so far has been the offensive line, and then the WR corp is a close 2nd, although I think Shurmur is finally seeing the light and starting Cribbs. I love the development of Little as I did not expect much from him this season. Cribbs and Little are playmakers and that's what McCoy needs. Robiskie is out.... FINALLY.

Edit to add: McCoy seems to have it. I don't think he'll ever be a Manning/Brady, but he's brought stability to a position that the Browns haven't had in way too long. I hope with Cribbs and Little being more involved, that we see McCoy start to take off.

One other thing, I'm not a big fan of Head coaches running either side of the ball. It's too difficult to judge with all the injuries to the offensive line, but the offense just looks out of sync every game and I wonder how much that has to do with Shurmur.

I personally think losing Steinbach and the instability at RT has more to do with the offensive struggles than Shurmur. Hardesty had a nice game vs Miami, but we could have seen more consistency with Hillis if he played. I don't think we can discount that they're still putting the offense in and getting "deeper" with what they already know. Doesn't seem like the WRs help Colt out much either.

Had a feeling about the defense...at least that it was being built the right way. I'm slightly suprised they've been this good early, but we've also played a combined record of 1-8 so far. Not sure how much to factor that in. Miami seems like they are better than 0-3...we all know about the Colts...and I clearly think we're better than the Bengals, we just let that get away. But Rubin is a beast and he's tearing things up with Taylor. Liking what I see from Patterson as well.

Heard LeCharles talking about how well this staff is making mid-game adjustments. When is the last time we could say that? They also matched up Marshall vs Haden instead of leaving Haden on one side. Little things (some might say obvious) like that go a long way and we can't previous regimes did much of them.

Really like what's going on in Berea these days....

It was so strange to see them win a game they had no business winning like that. The NO and NE games last year were different, because on those particular days, the Browns played a better game. But yesterday the offense was so putrid, and the defense kept them around long enough to pull it out. Can't remember the last time they won one like that.

Ok, anyone else starting to get a bit concerned with Shurmur and the play-calling?
No...a below average NFL QB throwing to below average receivers 40 times per game seems like a good idea. Seems like a good idea to under utilize your above average running back and not get him the ball.

Ok, anyone else starting to get a bit concerned with Shurmur and the play-calling?
No...a below average NFL QB throwing to below average receivers 40 times per game seems like a good idea. Seems like a good idea to under utilize your above average running back and not get him the ball.
I think it's too early to call McCoy a below average NFL QB, especially considering he was thrown an entirely new system to learn on short notice notice due to the lockout, the issues with the offensive line, and like you said, below average WRs.

The Browns play in the AFC Central, so they have to beat the Steelers. The Steelers' weakness is the spread offense. They need to see if Colt McCoy can do it, because if he can't, they will be trading both #1 picks in 2012, their #1 in 2013, and other picks for Luck.

The Browns play in the AFC Central, so they have to beat the Steelers. The Steelers' weakness is the spread offense. They need to see if Colt McCoy can do it, because if he can't, they will be trading both #1 picks in 2012, their #1 in 2013, and other picks for Luck.
The Browns have major holes at WR, 3 o-line spots, and LB right now not to mention general depth, it is very unlikely that they give up 3 #1s + other picks for Luck while McCoy looks serviceable. Far more likely is the scenario where the Browns trade back with one of their two #1's and try to do what the Patriots have done for the past few years- that is start off every year with 2 1s and use 1 of them and trade the other for a #1 next year + a high pick that year. While not sexy in any individual draft when done right you can turn a single 1st rounder into 10 2nd and 3rd rounders over a decade by continually flipping. When thought of this way in the long run the trade might look like Julio Jones for Phil Taylor + 5 2nd round picks + 5 3rd round picks.

:goodposting: Yup....that pretty much sums it up for me too. "You are a factory of sadness"

Holy cow. Someone summed it up.I found it utterly awesome that he had a Pontbriand jersey on. Our long snapper has been basically the only player we can count on, game in and game out through the years. "YOU ARE A FACTORY OF SADNESS! I'll see ya Sunday."Awesome.

I saw that Jordan Cameron made his way into the box score last week. Any talk of him getting more involved from the coaching staff recently?

Things haven't looked great, but I still think the future is bright. Heckert turned over the roster in the offseason, and that means new starters at key positions, and....... no depth. The offense was mediocre to begin with. I mean, a realistic look would have told us that the offensive line was replacing 2 starters to begin the season, and the right side of the line was bad enough before all the injuries. The team is starting what is basically a rookie QB and a rookie fullback. The WRs are below average at best. I think Little has a bright future, but he's raw.

As far as the defense; starting a Rookie DE and DT; talented players but still rookies. The LB corp needs talent and depth, but I'll give these guys credit, they've performed above their heads IMO. I like the secondary.

Heckert and Holmgren wanted to get younger and are treating this year as a try-out IMO. The Hillis debacle hasn't helped; I'd like to both sides just move on already.

Get rid of Hillis. Hire an OC in the offseason. Continue to draft well.

Sobriety is overrated.

Things haven't looked great, but I still think the future is bright. Heckert turned over the roster in the offseason, and that means new starters at key positions, and....... no depth. The offense was mediocre to begin with. I mean, a realistic look would have told us that the offensive line was replacing 2 starters to begin the season, and the right side of the line was bad enough before all the injuries. The team is starting what is basically a rookie QB and a rookie fullback. The WRs are below average at best. I think Little has a bright future, but he's raw.As far as the defense; starting a Rookie DE and DT; talented players but still rookies. The LB corp needs talent and depth, but I'll give these guys credit, they've performed above their heads IMO. I like the secondary.Heckert and Holmgren wanted to get younger and are treating this year as a try-out IMO. The Hillis debacle hasn't helped; I'd like to both sides just move on already. Get rid of Hillis. Hire an OC in the offseason. Continue to draft well.Sobriety is overrated.
Will save my comments for the off season. Which is when the best part of our talking goes on anyway. :wall:

Users who are viewing this thread