What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFA Wagering Thread: THERE HE IS!@! (6 Viewers)

Raider Nation said:
Raider Nation said:
3-team donkey parlay:New Orleans -6.5 (half point buy)OVER 56 (half point buy)Colts ML -250$400 to make about $1500
Little help please??? How, if at all, should I hedge this bet?Ravens +7 (buying the half point) for the $400 stake, hoping for a middle? Or wait till the game starts for live betting?
All you need to do is put 200 on the Balt moneyline. No middle, but guarantees at least a $500 payout
Yeah but if you take the ravens +7 your may only guarantee a few hundred but you have 7 points to a $2K middle

Raider Nation said:
Just ate so much Chinese food I'm going to be sick. :XSTILL have enough left for tonight and the games tomorrow.
What did you order?Oh and I hope the Clots stomp the Ravens...I have enjoyed watching the Saints roll over Pittsburgh-west.

Raider Nation said:
Raider Nation said:
3-team donkey parlay:New Orleans -6.5 (half point buy)OVER 56 (half point buy)Colts ML -250$400 to make about $1500
Little help please??? How, if at all, should I hedge this bet?Ravens +7 (buying the half point) for the $400 stake, hoping for a middle? Or wait till the game starts for live betting?
All you need to do is put 200 on the Balt moneyline. No middle, but guarantees at least a $500 payout
Yeah but if you take the ravens +7 your may only guarantee a few hundred but you have 7 points to a $2K middle
I cannot argue with that, but I usually like a minimal hedge, just to protect a nice profit. He could also put 600 on the balt moneyline and guarantee about a $1k profit, but when you start betting 600 you are (imo) starting to violate the integrity of your original wager- which is doing pretty freaking good so far.

Reggie Wayne (Colts) Total Receptions - Must Play

Under 6.5 (-125)

Ravens vs Colts - Player to score the 1st Touchdown (All Bets Action)

Pierre Garcon (Colts) +800

Austin Collie (Colts) +800

Joseph Addai (Colts) +500

Parlay (3 Teams) 01/16/10 19:52 ET

Vikings(Minnesota) -140

Colts(Indianapolis) -6.5

Colts(Indianapolis) Over 44

Parlay (4 Teams) 01/16/10 19:52 ET

Vikings(Minnesota) -2.5 (-120)

Vikings(Minnesota) Over 45.5

Colts(Indianapolis) -6.5

Colts(Indianapolis) Over 44

Ravens vs Colts - Shortest Made Field Goal of the Game

Over 25.5 (-130)

6 Point Teaser (2 Teams) 01/10/10 21:33 ET

Vikings(Minnesota) +3.5 (-115)

Colts(Indianapolis) -0.5

And as a hedge ......

Ravens(Baltimore)

Colts(Indianapolis) 01/16/10(20:20 ET)

Ravens(Baltimore) +220

No wonder you do so well Marshall. Every line you've posted tonight has been 2 points in ure favor with respect to what the actual line is. Lol is your book taking new clientele? Can't believe he's not broke.

Raider Nation said:
Couple plays. Under 9' punts -160Under 59 -110 - no idea why my book had thisBoth are very good individual bets and both are a hedge of each other.
4 punts in the last 8 mins. Didn't think that was possible in a 31 pt game...
Lucky the donk gave you 59 though.
Very true. :thumbup: Colts -5' -110 for me tonight. Un Rice rush yds.
You mean -6' right?
No -5'. Bender - I have almost 10 books open and shop for lines all day long. The under 59 was a flat out mistake I thought. I bet it at like noon eastern time. Came back at like 3est and it was the same. Even though the team totals were setup as if the total was 57??

I took out a little parlay insurance - bought some Ravens under 10.5 2H. If they dont score over 10, I figure my parlays are dead.

Raider Nation said:
Thoughts on this 3-team, 9-point teaser for tomorrow? $1,000 pays about $910.

1. Dallas Cowboys Spread +11½

2. San Diego Chargers Spread +2

3. New York Jets/San Diego Chargers Total Points Over 33½

First of all, I know that San Diego "+2" is a horrible number, but I don't care. They are not going to lose. I wanted the 9-point teaser as opposed to a 6-point teaser so that I could bump the Cowboys up to over 11 points. Feel MUCH more comfortable getting 11½ with Dallas instead of getting 8½.

And the total in that Jets game should be a piece of cake. The Chargers are good for at least 28 by themselves.

See any downside here?
I don't like that you need 3 things to happen and you're getting less than 1:1 on your bet

Raider Nation said:
Raider Nation said:

First of all, I know that San Diego "+2" is a horrible number, but I don't care. They are not going to lose. I wanted the 9-point teaser as opposed to a 6-point teaser so that I could bump the Cowboys up to over 11 points. Feel MUCH more comfortable getting 11½ with Dallas instead of getting 8½.

And the total in that Jets game should be a piece of cake. The Chargers are good for at least 28 by themselves.

See any downside here?
I don't like that you need 3 things to happen and you're getting less than 1:1 on your bet
Based on the things I like, what would you look to play instead?
I like the same things you like tomorrow. I'd do the same thing you did today, get the 3 on the dallas game, get off the 7 on the charger game and play the over in the charger game. Less risk, bigger payout

Raider Nation said:

See any downside here?
I do not like this bet. If Dallas does not win outright or lose by less than 7, then your 11.5 may well not be enough. I would think a key injury or a collective team tank would be required for the losing margin to exceed 7. And if that happens they could easily lose to by than 2 tds. I think its unlikely, but I do not hink the extra 9 p[oints give you the coverage you are paying for.

I'd put half DAL +2.5

Then I'd play the winnings on the late games or juicy ingame props

I like the chargers -8 but need to find out what the o/u is to see if I want to bet another parlay tomorrow

cosjobs said:
Penguin said:
Penguin said:
I'll take...

U20.5 (2H) W

Baltimore Team Total U10.5 (2H) W

Indy PK -120 (2H) W
nice rack. I know I would have had at least a little parlay action on it. did you?I'm thinking for Sunday a moneyline parlay of DAL and SD pays 182 on a 100 wager. I may have to hit that pretty hard tonight while Dal is still plus +115
I had a small Indy Pk/U20.5 for one unit.I love Dallas tomorrow, and you should be able to get +120 at a minimum right now. I'm still seeing +125 at most places.

Raider Nation said:
lumpy19 said:
I like the same things you like tomorrow. I'd do the same thing you did today, get the 3 on the dallas game, get off the 7 on the charger game and play the over in the charger game. Less risk, bigger payout
:thumbup: Thanks.Stay tuned in an hour or so for my 2ND HALF NBA PLAY OF THE CENTURY in the Cavs/Clips game.
:lmao: RN you still around? i love the late niight plays before i pass out

Last edited by a moderator:
Raider Nation said:
Raider Nation said:
lumpy19 said:
:thumbup: Thanks.Stay tuned in an hour or so for my 2ND HALF NBA PLAY OF THE CENTURY in the Cavs/Clips game.
:lmao: RN you still around? i love the late niight plays before i pass out
I just went small on o94 in that 2H but I didn't think anyone cared. Not following the west coast CBB games at all.
that's alright. after i posted that i realized the game was in the 4th Q anyway. maybe tomorrow night, i have a few golden globe picks that i am hoping hit. no idea what they are, but i know i got alright odds. all i remember is Jeff Bridges

I like the chargers -8 but need to find out what the o/u is to see if I want to bet another parlay tomorrow
I have not seen it that high since Monday. Now I see 7 and 42 for o/u
That was the venetians line yesterday. I'm calling him this morning to get both lines and them going from there. I like a 28-7 win for the chargers

45.5 for the early game and 42 for the late game, I really like both unders today. Maybe one card of Chargers + whatever and both unders.

Took a bath yesterday. Made a little back with live betting again. Love Dallas today. I think they get heat on Favre and turn him over a few times. Fade at will. :bag:

Quick question:

The under and team totals.

If you like the under in both games, are you shorting yourself by playing each team total under. Or are you hedging?

For example, first game the numbers are 24.5 and 17.5 -115.

Quick question:

If you like the under in both games, are you shorting yourself by playing each team total under. Or are you hedging?

Ahh #### we got a situation in here, f'n jersey tough guys trying to regulate. This ain't the boardwalk paulie...

I was leaning DAL all week, starting to second guess myself.

Dome + Home

I am starting to picture Romo getting up looking out his ear hole, oh, five or six times.

Gotta see if SB has sack props. Had fun with them a few years back.

Quick question:

Ahh #### we got a situation in here, f'n jersey tough guys trying to regulate. This ain't the boardwalk paulie...
:-)I though you were en route to Haiti?
They still can't provide for us logistically so we are on hold, not easy to transport hazmat response equipment when you have no vehicles. The paper already ran their article on us :shrug: but word is sometime next week. It's not if we are going, only when.http://www.marinij.com/novato/ci_14193942

Top defense for the Jets, rookie QB that will have to throw to win = under. I'm convincing myself of this.

Quick question:The under and team totals.If you like the under in both games, are you shorting yourself by playing each team total under. Or are you hedging?For example, first game the numbers are 24.5 and 17.5 -115.
I think you are looking at the Jets game with the numbers above. If not, go hit the Dallas TT over. With typically -115 to both TT, it's usually tough to hit both over or both under. I usually play just the one TT the one way I feel most comfortable with. For example, I played AZ un 24' +100 yesterday as I liked Under/Saints and had them as seperate bets.

The buy price on Dallas is 3 -115, imo. Going to be tough to find better. It's out there at bodog and matchbook right now. I played a little bit at that number waiting to maybe get better.

Trying to hit this in the middle today. I have a 6 point teaser with the Colts in and the Vikings +3.5. I just took the Cowoys ML +120.

Lets Go vikings... but dont go to much.

Chargers money coming in.

Just took SD ML(-320) at bodog, Pinny just moved this to -370, very rare for bodog to have the best line on a ML but i'll take it

Quick question:The under and team totals.If you like the under in both games, are you shorting yourself by playing each team total under. Or are you hedging?For example, first game the numbers are 24.5 and 17.5 -115.
I think you are looking at the Jets game with the numbers above. If not, go hit the Dallas TT over. With typically -115 to both TT, it's usually tough to hit both over or both under. I usually play just the one TT the one way I feel most comfortable with. For example, I played AZ un 24' +100 yesterday as I liked Under/Saints and had them as seperate bets.
ya. Jets numbers. "first game" was mistake.makes sense.

DeMarcus Ware (Cowboys) Will he Record a Sack

Yes -130

Cowboys vs Vikings - Total Sacks by Both Teams

Over 4.5 (-160)

Jared Allen (Vikings) Will he Record a Sack

Yes -125

DAL U21.5

:)

GLTA

Users who are viewing this thread