What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

INSANITY (3 Viewers)

Power knees: 100 (anyone else think it was weird that we only did these on one side?)
Yes.I think I will switch it up next time. 30 seconds one side, 30 seconds other side.
At that point in the workout, I just thought to myself that I'd do the other side at the end. Little did I know that my heart rate would be in the low four hundreds by that point. Yeah, I think I'll do 30/30 next time, too.

Question:

I've been experiencing nasty soreness in my ankles. I haven't done the program since almost a week ago. I didn't have great ankles from some turned ankles and ligament stuff in high school basketball, but this is soreness I haven't felt before. I've been wearing those Nike Free "barefoot running" type sneakers. Is it the program, or these sneakers, or neither, or both? Anyone experiencing this? It's been a bit troubling.

When I get back home and back into this, I will try different sneakers, like cross trainers, and hope this stops.

Hey guys I'm going to switch days and do day 10 on my day day 9 and vice versa.

Day 10 however says "Cardio Circuit" on the calendar, I don't have that disk? Is it a typo?

I just puked. Seriously.

I am also an idiot. I am on day 3, but for some reason I didnt realize until 15 minutes in that I was doing the Plyo Cardio Circuit again. 15 minutes in, I decided to just keep going. Things actually went pretty well. Did a few more reps than I did yesterday (still <50% near the end). Was shaking and completely gassed.

As soon as I finished, my lady, at the same time, finished making dinner. Took 3 bites of her lasagna, ran into the bathroom and puked it all up.

Feel OK now though.

Question:I've been experiencing nasty soreness in my ankles. I haven't done the program since almost a week ago. I didn't have great ankles from some turned ankles and ligament stuff in high school basketball, but this is soreness I haven't felt before. I've been wearing those Nike Free "barefoot running" type sneakers. Is it the program, or these sneakers, or neither, or both? Anyone experiencing this? It's been a bit troubling. When I get back home and back into this, I will try different sneakers, like cross trainers, and hope this stops.
Try some cross trainers, but those Nike Free are the new rage in cardio/plyo type training so I'd be surpised if it was actually your shoes.

Question:I've been experiencing nasty soreness in my ankles. I haven't done the program since almost a week ago. I didn't have great ankles from some turned ankles and ligament stuff in high school basketball, but this is soreness I haven't felt before. I've been wearing those Nike Free "barefoot running" type sneakers. Is it the program, or these sneakers, or neither, or both? Anyone experiencing this? It's been a bit troubling. When I get back home and back into this, I will try different sneakers, like cross trainers, and hope this stops.
My ankles are terrible from basketball and football as well, but I'm not feeling too bad after day 3. Wear Nike Shox.I know on the intro video he specifically says to wear cross-trainers, and not running shoes due to the extra support so I'd switch it up.

Day 3 down.

Not fun at all, but felt it was the "easiest" of the three videos so far. Or my body is just starting to get used to it a little bit maybe. I was sore as hell all day today though (calves, muscles around knee and hamstrings) and didn't think I'd do very well in this video, but once started moving it all loosened up and felt fine. The first couple of days I had that burning sensation in my chest but none of that today.

Checked my weight after the day 3 workout and was up 2 lbs. (hmmm) I started eating some healthy snacks throughout the day and had a protein bar before this workout (which I also have never done) so I'm hoping my body is just adjusting to that change and the metabolism will eventually kick in and wipe all that away.

I'm 99% sure that it's because I hadn't eaten anything for about 8 hours, but my second run through plyo-cardio was several magnitudes more difficult than the 1st time. Lesson learned. :deadbanana:

ETA: Today was the first time I checked my heart rate. I topped out at 176.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pumped to hopefully start this tonight. 5'9" and float between 195-200. Being in Japan tdy right now is giving me the chance to eat really healthy!

I did the first two days barefoot and had some soreness in my feet but not my ankles. I wore my running shoes today and that seemed to clear it up although I'm still a bit sore there.Your feet & ankles are probably not used to doing that sort of thing with no shoes. It's the same feeling I've had the few times I've run on the beach barefoot.

Fit Test 1 and 2:

Switch kicks: 51...100

Squat jacks: 29...33

Power knees: 58...99

Power jumps: 16...20

Globe jumps: 4...7

Suicides: 5...10

Push-up jacks: 14...25

Low plank obliques: 20...32

I have the same Nike Free 5.0's and I had to stop in the second day because they were hurting my feet, particularly around my arches. I don't have cross trainers, so I had to turn to my high top basketball shoes. They are like 3-4 times heavier than my Free's, so it's like I'm doing all to exercises with ankle weights, but my feet don't hurt though. If I were you I would switch to a shoe that offers more support.

I have the same Nike Free 5.0's and I had to stop in the second day because they were hurting my feet, particularly around my arches. I don't have cross trainers, so I had to turn to my high top basketball shoes. They are like 3-4 times heavier than my Free's, so it's like I'm doing all to exercises with ankle weights, but my feet don't hurt though. If I were you I would switch to a shoe that offers more support.
Maybe I should. It's strange because I haven't had feet aches. It's my ankles, and it seems like it's towards the sides/back. Both are sore a week later. It's really strange.Now, I do the entirety of the workouts on my toes more or less, because I try not to be stomping around on the floor and pissing off my neighbor below us, so maybe it's just that I am working out my achilles/calves/ankle-support muscles a lot more than I ever have. As long as it's something like this, and just soreness indicating that it's improving my ankles, that's fine. But I'm a little concerned it's the kind of thing that will be a prolonged injury.I still have a few days of rest ahead of me, so I'll see how it shakes out.

Switch Kicks: 89 (should that number be half?) :lmao:

sqaut jacks: 45

power knees: 80

power jumps 29

globe jumps 7

suicide jumps 14

push up jacks 18

low plank obliques- 25

200 lbs 5'9"

my groin hurts like a mother and I pretty much feel like puking and dying, can't wait for tomorrow :goodposting:

Day 4 - Cardio Recovery in the books.

Finally don't feel like killing myself. Still broke a sweat and had a few painful moments but this was a relatively easy day. Almost feel like going out and running but I know that Pure Cardio is tomorrow and I'll end up seriously regretting it if I do.

Switch Kicks: 89 (should that number be half?) :lmao:sqaut jacks: 45power knees: 80power jumps 29globe jumps 7 suicide jumps 14push up jacks 18low plank obliques- 25200 lbs 5'9"my groin hurts like a mother and I pretty much feel like puking and dying, can't wait for tomorrow :shrug:
My switchkick numbers were in that range too but I lost count and guesstimated my total. I also concentrated on form so I was doing it more slowly than I probably should have been - at least after seeing everyone else over 100 reps on this one. My other numbers are in the same ballpark as everyone else.

What do y'all have for heart rate monitors? Is there something I can buy for 20 bucks or so?
I have one that came with my old Timex Iron Man running watch but the battery on the watch is dead so I haven't used it.My resting heart rate is pretty low (~58-65 depending) though so it takes a lot to get it high enough for me to be concerned.

Day 4 - Cardio Recovery in the books.Finally don't feel like killing myself. Still broke a sweat and had a few painful moments but this was a relatively easy day. Almost feel like going out and running but I know that Pure Cardio is tomorrow and I'll end up seriously regretting it if I do.
How long was this session? Is it really 80 minutes?

My Day 3 workout was supposed to be yesterday but I just couldn't do it. My back was not dealing well with the soreness and I didn't want to risk an injury. Discretion is the better part of valor and all that.

Feels a lot better today, so I'll be doing Day 3 after work.

offdee said:
Giant Wooden Badger said:
Day 4 - Cardio Recovery in the books.Finally don't feel like killing myself. Still broke a sweat and had a few painful moments but this was a relatively easy day. Almost feel like going out and running but I know that Pure Cardio is tomorrow and I'll end up seriously regretting it if I do.
Where did you get 80 from?Cardio Recovery is 33 minutes give or take.

offdee said:
Where did you get 80 from?Cardio Recovery is 33 minutes give or take.
Last night the gf was in bed looking at the Insanity website for some reason and she said "Cardio Recovery, 80mins. tomorrow". Didn't seem right to me either, but didn't care enough to question it.

offdee said:

Finally don't feel like killing myself. Still broke a sweat and had a few painful moments but this was a relatively easy day. Almost feel like going out and running but I know that Pure Cardio is tomorrow and I'll end up seriously regretting it if I do.
Where did you get 80 from?

Cardio Recovery is 33 minutes give or take.
Last night the gf was in bed looking at the Insanity website for some reason and she said "Cardio Recovery, 80mins. tomorrow". Didn't seem right to me either, but didn't care enough to question it.
I see where she got it from now. See below link and scroll down to the "10 Insane Workouts" section. #4: Cardo Recovery says (80 minutes)http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_p...:20100309211110

offdee said:

Where did you get 80 from?

Cardio Recovery is 33 minutes give or take.
I see where she got it from now. See below link and scroll down to the "10 Insane Workouts" section. #4: Cardo Recovery says (80 minutes)

http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_p...:20100309211110
Ah, okay. Just a typo. Pretty sure it's 33 minutes. Not long at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
i think they are combining the time for Cardio Recovery and Max Recovery (recovery for 2nd half of program).

Are Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs supposed to be done back to back, or should you split them up? I'm so smoked after pure cardio that I want to puke and can't imagine that I'll have much left for an ab workout. I'm thinking I'll do pure cardio in the AM and cardio abs in the evening.

Are Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs supposed to be done back to back, or should you split them up? I'm so smoked after pure cardio that I want to puke and can't imagine that I'll have much left for an ab workout. I'm thinking I'll do pure cardio in the AM and cardio abs in the evening.
I do them back to back, Abs first. I think if you do Abs second, you'll be gassed from the Pure Cardio you won't want to do Abs. Abs is only 16 minutes and most of the time is spent on the floor.Color me crazy but this (Pure Cardio/Abs) is my favorite routine so far. I like the many different moves in Pure Cardio and my Abs need the most help. If I could, I would do this set every day probably.

I do them back to back, Abs first. I think if you do Abs second, you'll be gassed from the Pure Cardio you won't want to do Abs. Abs is only 16 minutes and most of the time is spent on the floor.Color me crazy but this (Pure Cardio/Abs) is my favorite routine so far. I like the many different moves in Pure Cardio and my Abs need the most help. If I could, I would do this set every day probably.
You do those two in the same day? :goodposting:

You do those two in the same day? :goodposting:
I now see that is the schedule for week 2. #### ME.

I just peeked at Day 3's video, the Cardio Power & Resistance. If I don't ever post again, I'll tell Shiny that you guys say Hi.

V pushups? It's possible I can't even get in that position. Dips with a leg up in the air? I guarantee you I can't get in that position. I'm scared, kids.

I just peeked at Day 3's video, the Cardio Power & Resistance. If I don't ever post again, I'll tell Shiny that you guys say Hi.

V pushups? It's possible I can't even get in that position. Dips with a leg up in the air? I guarantee you I can't get in that position. I'm scared, kids.
Most definitely my least favorite workout

Really? As I noted above I thought Day 3 was easier than both Day 2 and Day 1 Fit Test.Maybe it's just my body getting used to it a bit.

Really? As I noted above I thought Day 3 was easier than both Day 2 and Day 1 Fit Test.Maybe it's just my body getting used to it a bit.
I just meant in terms of the routine....not a big fan of jumping around alot.

Gotcha. Yep, not really my favorite as well...especially the globe jump portion. It's sad when you're looking forward to the running in place or dip and kick one leg out sections!

Gotcha. Yep, not really my favorite as well...especially the globe jump portion. It's sad when you're looking forward to the running in place or dip and kick one leg out sections!
Belt Kicks....yeah those burn after jumping around. I feel like I'm going to fall over during those.

What's on the last 10 minutes of the Day 1 workout? My DVD just quit playing, which was probably one of the top 10 happiest moments of my life.

I figured it was just the 3rd round of basketball drills and stretching so I did that.

I'm glad that I read the posts of people that said they were doing 50%, 30%, etc. of the stuff by the end of the program. That's definitely where I was. At the beginning of the program I was trying to jog when I had to stop doing whatever they were doing, but by the end I was just bending over gasping for breath and cursing whoever started this thread.

Was also nice to see some of the people in the background stopping at various times, too.

What's on the last 10 minutes of the Day 1 workout? My DVD just quit playing, which was probably one of the top 10 happiest moments of my life. I figured it was just the 3rd round of basketball drills and stretching so I did that. I'm glad that I read the posts of people that said they were doing 50%, 30%, etc. of the stuff by the end of the program. That's definitely where I was. At the beginning of the program I was trying to jog when I had to stop doing whatever they were doing, but by the end I was just bending over gasping for breath and cursing whoever started this thread. Was also nice to see some of the people in the background stopping at various times, too.
I usually open the door from my family room (where I do the workouts) to our screened-in-porch.If my kids were not in the house when I've been doing these workouts my neighbors would clearly hear me shouting obscenities at my TV that would make a sailor blush.And my neighborhood has decent sized lots.

I wish the globe jumps were earlier n the routine, on both this and the fit test. By the time they come around I'm too burned to do more than a couple.

Jumping in tomorrow morning I think. That will be the biggest challenge, getting up early on a consistent basis. That, and all of the bodily asskicking on a daily basis.

5'11

Sounds like I might have to rethink my "I only eat once a day" schtick.

mex said:
Pumped to hopefully start this tonight. 5'9" and float between 195-200. Being in Japan tdy right now is giving me the chance to eat really healthy!
HI MEX!
Konichiwa or some crap like that. Do it GB, not even sore today but probably because I had been working out before. Now I need to concentrate on my overall diet.

Jumping in tomorrow morning I think. That will be the biggest challenge, getting up early on a consistent basis. That, and all of the bodily asskicking on a daily basis. Age: 345'11164.7Sounds like I might have to rethink my "I only eat once a day" schtick.
No doubt about it

Thank you Day 4! (Cardio Recovery)

Nice needed break, although still had a couple of burn sessions on the thighs and hamstrings which I'm sure I'll feel tomorrow every time I arise from the office chair. Pathetic how unflexible I am though.

All I know is tomorrow, Pure Cardio, is most likely gonna make me its female dog.

Users who are viewing this thread