What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tim Tebow - 8.17.21 Waived By Jacksonville (4 Viewers)

Had to have this for tonight's game.

Jets & Sanchez on a cliff, no Revis, no Holmes, no Keller, no Hill, no Conner (FB), run game in a mudpit, defense priding itself on toughness ranks as 31st run defense, just got crushed by the 9ers, hottest team in league with mega run game coming to town for a home game in front of restless natives.

Receivers: Schillens, Kerley, Cumberland, Clyde Gates, Greene, Bil Powell.

Does Powell take over from Greene?

And does Sanchez last the night? or does he rally with a startling 4 TD all pro quality performance?

:popcorn:

Last edited by a moderator:
Had to have this for tonight's game.Jets & Sanchez on a cliff, no Revis, no Holmes, no Keller, no Hill, no Conner (FB), run game in a mudpit, defense priding itself on toughness ranks as 31st run defense, just got crushed by the 9ers, hottest team in league with mega run game coming to town for a home game in front of restless natives.Receivers: Schillens, Kerley, Cumberland, Clyde Gates, Greene, Bil Powell. Does Powell take over from Greene?And does Sanchez last the night? or does he rally with a startling 4 TD all pro quality performance? :popcorn:
All setting up for.... Mr.Tebow to come in and save the day!

Yeah I have a feeling tonight is the last we see of Mark Sanchez. My prediction is he plays the whole game. With a terrible performance. And Wednesday rex announces he is going with TEBOW. Book It!!!

Its time to fire this back up, isn't it? Bye week coming, season already over, no future with Sanchez, god is sending a sign to NY right now, to make the switch.

Tebow will save NYC from Frankenstorm.

Johnny Van Zant, lead singer of Lynyrd Skynyrd, was in town Friday night playing a concert at the UCF Arena. When I asked him why his hometown Jaguars haven't acquired another Jacksonville legend — Tim Tebow — Van Zant was bumfuzzled.He said the Jags should have done everything in their power to sign Tebow. "They would have filled the stadium with chicks alone," Van Zant said and laughed

Its time to fire this back up, isn't it? Bye week coming, season already over, no future with Sanchez, god is sending a sign to NY right now, to make the switch.

Tebow will save NYC from Frankenstorm.
IF they're going to do it, seems it'd be now (with the aforemetioned bye week upcoming).

Rex Ryan is one of the dumbest coaches in the league. Could a player be any more poorly utilized than Tebow? What's the point of even putting him out there? Punt protector? :lmao: :loco:

Rex Ryan is one of the dumbest coaches in the league. Could a player be any more poorly utilized than Tebow? What's the point of even putting him out there? Punt protector? :lmao: :loco:
I suspect that the ownership has demanded that Tebow play a certain number of non-defensive snaps per game, and this is Rex's way of dealing with it.

Didn't they run a fake punt and have him pass already this year? That's prob why.

A local Jacksonville TV station is reporting that the Jags are trying to trade for Timmay before the deadline tomorrow.

Didn't feel it was thread-worthy, as it's still just speculation at this point.

:lmao: Some total idiot on NFL Network just said that Tim Tebow can have the same effect as Magic Johnson did for the Lakers.

'lod01 said:
:lmao: Some total idiot on NFL Network just said that Tim Tebow can have the same effect as Magic Johnson did for the Lakers.
It's a terrible comparison from a talent and production standpoint, but he would undoubtedly energize this team in ways that Sanchez simply can't. I assume that's what the total idiot meant.

What does this guy have to do to be given a shot in NY? He's not that good but at least he can scramble for positive yardage and throw the occasional bomb to one of his players. Sanchez is horrendous.

Sanchez: 13/28/131/1 TD/4 INT & 1 lost fumble, losing at home vs the 4-9 Titans, in a game that had possible playoff hope....

I really think the Jets are one of maybe 3 teams, along with the Chiefs and Jags (maybe) who offered the same combination of good running game and decent defense, with whom Tebow could have been a good fit this year.

Too bad. Honestly, are the Jets acting under orders of some kind?

Sanchez: 13/28/131/1 TD/4 INT & 1 lost fumble, losing at home vs the 4-9 Titans, in a game that had possible playoff hope....I really think the Jets are one of maybe 3 teams, along with the Chiefs and Jags (maybe) who offered the same combination of good running game and decent defense, with whom Tebow could have been a good fit this year.Too bad. Honestly, are the Jets acting under orders of some kind?
As bad as some people think Tebow is, he would not have lost the game the way Sanchez did. Sanchez really is not a starter and that's clear. They should have given Tebow a chance weeks ago.

Sanchez: 13/28/131/1 TD/4 INT & 1 lost fumble, losing at home vs the 4-9 Titans, in a game that had possible playoff hope....I really think the Jets are one of maybe 3 teams, along with the Chiefs and Jags (maybe) who offered the same combination of good running game and decent defense, with whom Tebow could have been a good fit this year.Too bad. Honestly, are the Jets acting under orders of some kind?
As bad as some people think Tebow is, he would not have lost the game the way Sanchez did. Sanchez really is not a starter and that's clear. They should have given Tebow a chance weeks ago.
I think you mean months ago. He should have been given the job the day he came in. I'm saying this not as a Tebow supporter, but as a Sanchez basher. He's just not that good, and given the supporting cast there in NY, Tebow would have produced a more productive offense.

I really want to see a HC and OC build an entire offense around Tim Tebow. I believe it can be successful. You get a solid Running Back and WR's, and the threat of Tebow doing anything, and it could work.

Tebow with MJD/Shorts/Blackmon? Maybe.

I truly believe you can build a strong running offense around Tebow's game.

Should be a no brainer the last 2 weeks. How do you go an entire lost season and still not figure out if you've got anything in him at QB? You have to start him, if for no other reason, so you can rule him out for 2013.

I really want to see a HC and OC build an entire offense around Tim Tebow. I believe it can be successful. You get a solid Running Back and WR's, and the threat of Tebow doing anything, and it could work.Tebow with MJD/Shorts/Blackmon? Maybe.I truly believe you can build a strong running offense around Tebow's game.
I'm with you the entire way but I don't think we will ever get to see it.

Should be a no brainer the last 2 weeks. How do you go an entire lost season and still not figure out if you've got anything in him at QB? You have to start him, if for no other reason, so you can rule him out for 2013.
If he starts now (or 3 weeks ago) he would have 2-5 weeks with a bad team and a bad head coach. That's tough to evaluate what you have.

I really want to see a HC and OC build an entire offense around Tim Tebow. I believe it can be successful. You get a solid Running Back and WR's, and the threat of Tebow doing anything, and it could work.Tebow with MJD/Shorts/Blackmon? Maybe.I truly believe you can build a strong running offense around Tebow's game.
It will never happen, and for good reason. You can't restructure an entire offense for 1 guy, and if Tebow goes down with an injury (he already has this year because his playing style puts him at risk) then what? You can't exactly find a replacement with his skill set. You would have to revert to a regular offense. Just isn't worth it for any team to do because there is no guarantee it would even be a successful offense.

It will never happen, and for good reason. You can't restructure an entire offense for 1 guy, and if Tebow goes down with an injury (he already has this year because his playing style puts him at risk) then what? You can't exactly find a replacement with his skill set. You would have to revert to a regular offense. Just isn't worth it for any team to do because there is no guarantee it would even be a successful offense.
You have to build a strong running game. You can still work with a strong running game if Tebow were to go down.

We aren't talking about nuclear physics. Look at RG3, Wilson, Cam, Kaep to a degree. Modified option, pistol formation. Cousins came in for RG and did fine. Hell, most of these guys ran that in college. Tebow came in mid year last year from Orton-lead offense and they adjusted just fine.

I really want to see a HC and OC build an entire offense around Tim Tebow. I believe it can be successful. You get a solid Running Back and WR's, and the threat of Tebow doing anything, and it could work.

I think I was beaten to the punch, but isn't this EXACTLY what the Redskins did this year? They restructured their entire offense for 1 guy, RG3, and when he missed a game due to injury because of his play, they reverted to a (more) regular offense, and were still successful winning the game this past weekend.

If he starts now (or 3 weeks ago) he would have 2-5 weeks with a bad team and a bad head coach. That's tough to evaluate what you have.
Probably true, but as is, the last 2 weeks are completely worthless to them. They know what they have or don't have in Sanchez already. They might as well make a slightly more informed decision on Tebow even if it's tough circumstances.

Much easier for Rex if McElroy looks good than if he starts Tebow and Timmy Miracles catches lightning in a bottle again.

-QG

Much easier for Rex if McElroy looks good than if he starts Tebow and Timmy Miracles catches lightning in a bottle again. -QG
I think you're right. If Timmy miracles start happening people will ask the obvious: why not sooner when we might have salvaged the season? If McElroy looks good then people will say "things are looking up next year," but no one expected McElroy to start earlier so there is no coaching criticism. Truth be told, I can't see how Rex is back. In fact, he should be fired now.

Much easier for Rex if McElroy looks good than if he starts Tebow and Timmy Miracles catches lightning in a bottle again.

-QG
I think you're right. If Timmy miracles start happening people will ask the obvious: why not sooner when we might have salvaged the season? If McElroy looks good then people will say "things are looking up next year," but no one expected McElroy to start earlier so there is no coaching criticism. Truth be told, I can't see how Rex is back. In fact, he should be fired now.
This. And making Mc the starter just confirms it. Either he is a complete idiot now, or was for signing Tebow...or more likely, both.

'mr roboto said:
'zandbak said:
'donkshow said:

We aren't talking about nuclear physics. Look at RG3, Wilson, Cam, Kaep to a degree. Modified option, pistol formation. Cousins came in for RG and did fine. Hell, most of these guys ran that in college. Tebow came in mid year last year from Orton-lead offense and they adjusted just fine.
May as well be if Sparano is your OC. He's worse than Schottenheimer ever was, and that's not an easy task. He seems determined to repeatedly show us how bright he isn't. He and whoever hired him (ahem, Mr. Tannenbaum) should be summarily fired.

That fact that Sanchez is bad doesn't make Tebow good. The fact that he's been bypassed for McElroy for the starting role means his current coaching staff doesn't think he's good. And his last team traded him.

But fans will be fans........

'Spanky24 said:
'donkshow said:
I'm with you the entire way but I don't think we will ever get to see it.
The team will need a lights out D too. What Fox and McCoy did last year, esp considering it was done midseason, was coach-of-the-year type stuff.A Tebow-led team needs so much more than a solid RB and WRs.

You can bet Tebow is freaking pissed at this. I can only imagine what was promised to him and his agent when he signed in how he would be used. Didnt get his first complete series until week 15...all cause they coddle the #### out of Sanchez

'mr roboto said:
'zandbak said:
'donkshow said:
Yeah, but why not try and develop him as an actual QB? That's what needs to happen. You can't keep playing the guy as a gimmick, then point to his flaws as a passer as a cap. Teams have spent way more time developing garbage QBs like Chris Simms, why not Tebow?

So, with the Jags stating unequivocally Tebow is not in their future plans, is there any hope for Timmy in the NFL? PFT touched on that today in an article with a quote from retired Jets special-teams coach Mike Westhoff and noted this:

Regardless of whether you like or don’t like Tebow as a player or a person, he led the Broncos to the final eight in 2011. And he has an uncanny ability to make things happen, especially when everything around him falls apart. After one year with the Jets, all of that has been forgotten — to the point where it’s looking unlikely that he’ll get a chance in 2013 or beyond to do what he did in Denver last year. In a league where so many teams have so many bad quarterbacks, it’s amazing to think that no one will embrace what Tebow does and build an offense around it, especially since so many other teams are building offenses around quarterbacks with skills that don’t fit neatly within the mold of a drop-back passer.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/11/westhoff-sounds-off-on-tebow-situation/The problem is that any team that takes a chance on Tebow will find themselves in the same situation as Elway/Fox or Tannenbaum/Ryan - which is to say that if they start him and he does well they are stuck with him as the starter until he completely flames out because the fans would be outraged if he went back to the bench after winning a game or two.

Some of the sharks saw this developing

'Finless said:
If not I'm pretty sure Denver will be interested in Tebow.
Tebow ended up in the right hands and will be a stud for years. I feel like it's just become the popular thing to say: "He's not an NFL quarterback". They'll be a lot of crow eating and I'm pretty sure it won't be happening in this thread. Tebow's got winner written all over him. Denver has a bright future.
How was crow?

The problem is that any team that takes a chance on Tebow will find themselves in the same situation as Elway/Fox or Tannenbaum/Ryan - which is to say that if they start him and he does well they are stuck with him as the starter until he completely flames out because the fans would be outraged if he went back to the bench after winning a game or two.
I don't get why that is a problem. If he wins, why would you want to put him on the bench?

The problem is that any team that takes a chance on Tebow will find themselves in the same situation as Elway/Fox or Tannenbaum/Ryan - which is to say that if they start him and he does well they are stuck with him as the starter until he completely flames out because the fans would be outraged if he went back to the bench after winning a game or two.
I don't get why that is a problem. If he wins, why would you want to put him on the bench?
I think John Elway and John Fox can answer that question better than I can. Tebow was winning for them, but it seemed they couldn't wait to get rid of him. They regarded him as a gimmick player that would shortly be figured out by the DCs they were facing and then would be unable to make the move to another QB without a backlash from Tebow supporters and the subsequent media circus over a QB controversy.

I think John Elway and John Fox can answer that question better than I can. Tebow was winning for them, but it seemed they couldn't wait to get rid of him. They regarded him as a gimmick player that would shortly be figured out by the DCs they were facing and then would be unable to make the move to another QB without a backlash from Tebow supporters and the subsequent media circus over a QB controversy.
It appears the Denver brass made the right decision. I wonder how many of those Tebow supporters in Denver still want him ;)

I do not think it was that he was not figured out by the opposing DCs. He did not light the world on fire in Denver. He completed less than 50% of his passes and won probably three or four miracle games. Elway/Fox knew that could not be sustained.

It appears the Denver brass made the right decision. I wonder how many of those Tebow supporters in Denver still want him ;)
I think Manning was a choice that even the most rabid Tebow fan had to agree was a better choice. If it had been Matt Flynn instead, they probably wouldve had a gripe.

Users who are viewing this thread