What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (10 Viewers)

So awesome to hear Ben Nichols from Lucero on the show last night. His was the song at the beginning during the Governor's journey. Not only a great singer, but a cool guy, as well. Happy for him.
what was the name of the song, and any Youtube links to it as I enjoyed it during the episode and would like to hear it san the Guv. :thanks: in advance.
It's called The Last Pale Light in the West from his upcoming solo debut of the same name.

Video

Why did he bang the mom when the hotter sister was also in the back of the truck? Why not both?
He's clearly working through his issues and not thinking properly. I definitely would've "pounded it out" with the younger sister.

Solid episode. I like how they're giving us more depth with the Governor. That's clearly a point of emphasis this season with the storylines. That said, while I liked how they showed us what's been going on with the Governor since the last time we saw him I hope there isn't too much time spent on him at the exclusion of the main group. Looks like next episode will be Governor-centric again but hopefully we get back to the prison for at least some part of the episode.

I loved the Guv's 2 lieutenants leaving him all alone in the middle of the night. If they were going to leave him though, don't you think they would have killed him? After all, they have just seen how crazy he gets when people turn against him.
And if they are going to let him live why save him if they find him again?
I took it as they were tired of saving his butt and his nonchalant "if I live I live, if I don't, I don't" attitude. :shrug:

so they decided to let him fend for himself and if he lived he lived, if he didn't he didn't.

He is weak now, or at least was at that point, and they don't fear him anymore which is evident in the trailers for next week.
I didn't watch the previews but they'd have to be stupid to think a guy like the Gov is safe even after appearing 'weak' now. They know the ####ed up things he's done and they left him for dead.

I loved the Guv's 2 lieutenants leaving him all alone in the middle of the night. If they were going to leave him though, don't you think they would have killed him? After all, they have just seen how crazy he gets when people turn against him.
And if they are going to let him live why save him if they find him again?
I took it as they were tired of saving his butt and his nonchalant "if I live I live, if I don't, I don't" attitude. :shrug:

so they decided to let him fend for himself and if he lived he lived, if he didn't he didn't.

He is weak now, or at least was at that point, and they don't fear him anymore which is evident in the trailers for next week.
I agree. They also talked about this in the beginning of talking dead, a caller asked what was the symbolism of the zombie walking up to the Gov and falling in the fire needing to be shot by the lieutenant.

David Morrissey said the Gov was in a very dark dark place with all the emotions of killing his town members, etc. I think the two remaining people of his team saw him as a broken man that is mentally holding them back and unstable. So they packed up and moved on.

I saw it as symbolism of how you leave someone slowly dying behind.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why did he bang the mom when the hotter sister was also in the back of the truck? Why not both?
He's clearly working through his issues and not thinking properly. I definitely would've "pounded it out" with the younger sister.

Solid episode. I like how they're giving us more depth with the Governor. That's clearly a point of emphasis this season with the storylines. That said, while I liked how they showed us what's been going on with the Governor since the last time we saw him I hope there isn't too much time spent on him at the exclusion of the main group. Looks like next episode will be Governor-centric again but hopefully we get back to the prison for at least some part of the episode.
Maybe the younger sister plays for the other team?

Not at all what I expected but it was good. Kept thinking the Gov would turn on that family at some point. Also commented to my girlfriend that that was some very close quarters to be getting down with your sis & daughter right next to you. I understand its the end of the world but still...

I swear I heard the younger sister that lied about being a cop say something that implied she was gay. Something about a chick spurning her or something when they were walking on foot near the end of the episode.

Not at all what I expected but it was good. Kept thinking the Gov would turn on that family at some point. Also commented to my girlfriend that that was some very close quarters to be getting down with your sis & daughter right next to you. I understand its the end of the world but still...

I swear I heard the younger sister that lied about being a cop say something that implied she was gay. Something about a chick spurning her or something when they were walking on foot near the end of the episode.
:yes: Told my daughter the same thing.. kept expecting at some point for the "real" Guv to show up and take out everyone but the young one.

So awesome to hear Ben Nichols from Lucero on the show last night. His was the song at the beginning during the Governor's journey. Not only a great singer, but a cool guy, as well. Happy for him.
what was the name of the song, and any Youtube links to it as I enjoyed it during the episode and would like to hear it san the Guv. :thanks: in advance.
It's called The Last Pale Light in the West from his upcoming solo debut of the same name.

Video
:thanks:

Quite good.. The Lyrics pretty well summed up the Guv at that point:

In my hands, I hold the ashes

In my veins, black pitch drums

In my chest, if I can catch this

In my way, the setting sun

Dark clouds gather 'round me

Due northwest, the soul is bound

And I will go on ahead, free

There's a light yet to be found

The last pale light in the west

And I ask for no redemption

In this cold and barron place

Still I see the faint reflection

And so by it, I got my way

That's hot.

I think Gekko nailed it with big sister's plan. I was thinking something along the same lines while watching the episode. Everything was done to draw him into their circle in order to (hopefully) protect them.

She does.

While they were walking after the box truck broke down she was complaining about some broad going back to guys.

GordonGekko said:
Wasn't the little girl right there with them all? I thought that was creepy in the mom's part.
It was very smart on the part of the mother.

The best chance to survive would be to have a strong male in the group. Clearly the mother was slowly manipulating the Governor the entire time. From the time he walked into her door, she was evaluating his suitability for the long term and what he would bring to their odds of survival. I think she knew instinctively when she saw the picture that he had lost his family and with enough time, he would learn to love the little girl.

When the time came, she sealed the "bond" to her group by having sex with him. Maybe she was attracted to him, maybe she wasn't, but he was her daughters best chance to survive.

The Governor knew she was manipulating him from the start, but let her do it anyway, mostly because he couldn't bear the thought of the little girl dying alone, which she would have if he wasn't there.

There's an interesting element to the movie Defiance, with Daniel Craig and Liev Schrieber, where the men in the forest hiding from the German Army were mostly farmers and laborers, and the influx of women were refugees from the city, women who were more educated and in a formerly higher social class. Before the war, those women would have never looked twice at those men, but cold, hungry and hunted, those women instantly mated themselves and paired themselves off with the perceived strongest of the available men. Being strong and being a farmer and a part time soldier was valuable in their circumstance.

You could see the younger sister didn't really understand, didn't see the big picture, but the older sister/mother did. The hunt for the oxygen tanks was really a test to see how far she could influence him against his own desire/will for the sake of the girl. Everything that was asked of him was framed in such a way that it was for the girl's benefit.
The only thing I really didn't care for, is when that scene started it reflected how close everyone was in the box car. basically right next to one another, then all of a sudden they break into a make out scene. It would have have been a little more realistic if they were sitting around the fire or went for a walk, or something more than three inches away from the rest of the family.

She does.

While they were walking after the box truck broke down she was complaining about some broad going back to guys.
Wonder if that was meant as symbolism.

Video
:thanks:

Quite good.. The Lyrics pretty well summed up the Guv at that point:

In my hands, I hold the ashes

In my veins, black pitch drums

In my chest, if I can catch this

In my way, the setting sun

Dark clouds gather 'round me

Due northwest, the soul is bound

And I will go on ahead, free

There's a light yet to be found

And I ask for no redemption

In this cold and barron place

Still I see the faint reflection

And so by it, I got my way

Really enjoyed it, as well. Had no idea that he was doing a solo album. The song actually took me out of the episode a little bit, as I knew whose voice it was the second it came on, and spent a large portion of the show searching for info online. The songs on the solo album are all inspired by Cormac McCarthy's Blood Meridian, apparently.

GordonGekko said:
Wasn't the little girl right there with them all? I thought that was creepy in the mom's part.

The best chance to survive would be to have a strong male in the group. Clearly the mother was slowly manipulating the Governor the entire time. From the time he walked into her door, she was evaluating his suitability for the long term and what he would bring to their odds of survival. I think she knew instinctively when she saw the picture that he had lost his family and with enough time, he would learn to love the little girl.

When the time came, she sealed the "bond" to her group by having sex with him. Maybe she was attracted to him, maybe she wasn't, but he was her daughters best chance to survive.

The Governor knew she was manipulating him from the start, but let her do it anyway, mostly because he couldn't bear the thought of the little girl dying alone, which she would have if he wasn't there.

There's an interesting element to the movie Defiance, with Daniel Craig and Liev Schrieber, where the men in the forest hiding from the German Army were mostly farmers and laborers, and the influx of women were refugees from the city, women who were more educated and in a formerly higher social class. Before the war, those women would have never looked twice at those men, but cold, hungry and hunted, those women instantly mated themselves and paired themselves off with the perceived strongest of the available men. Being strong and being a farmer and a part time soldier was valuable in their circumstance.

You could see the younger sister didn't really understand, didn't see the big picture, but the older sister/mother did. The hunt for the oxygen tanks was really a test to see how far she could influence him against his own desire/will for the sake of the girl. Everything that was asked of him was framed in such a way that it was for the girl's benefit.
Definately would make sense if this was how it played out. I figured there'd be some kind of sexual play, but wrote the younger sister off on that aspect the minute she did the fist bump.

The only thing I really didn't care for, is when that scene started it reflected how close everyone was in the box car. basically right next to one another, then all of a sudden they break into a make out scene. It would have have been a little more realistic if they were sitting around the fire or went for a walk, or something more than three inches away from the rest of the family.
Outside where a zombie could stumble upon you mid thrust? No thanks. This is the ZA equivalent of safe sex.

In close quarters is also how poor people have been doing it for thousands of years.

She did go to the police academy, which is a hint in that direction. Unless she meant the movie.

She did go to the police academy, which is a hint in that direction. Unless she meant the movie.
She flat out said she bangs chicks, you guys.

She does.

She does.

There is some serious denial going on in here, although her and Maggie hooking up at some point could be pretty awesome :excited:

She flat out said she bangs chicks, you guys.
Maybe she'll try and turn Lori next week?

Outside where a zombie could stumble upon you mid thrust? No thanks.This is the ZA equivalent of safe sex.

In close quarters is also how poor people have been doing it for thousands of years.
Maybe if they where blindfolds while having sex they would be attacked. There parked in some prairie location. You'd see a zombie coming 50 yards out.

Pretty sure they shot that concern down, when they showed the Gov sleeping in a 4x4 tent. I would think if the writers were really concerned about a stray zombie, he would have been in an abandoned vehicle or some building.

that isn't the point though, I just thought they could have found 10 other ways to make that scene happen, rather than the others right next to them in the truck. But then again, it probably only last 20 seconds.

GordonGekko said:

It was the closeness that caused that scene

GordonGekko said:

ya ...how did THAT work out as he grabbed the little girl and ran ,leaving the 2 sisters to fend for themselves against a horde of biters

Disco Stu said:
(HULK) said:
NetnautX said:
I enjoyed the Governor teaching the kid about using pawns in chess.
They're soldiers.It was interesting as he explaining it I was taking it as him rationalizing why he killed all of his Woodbury pawns. And then the girl drew the eyepatch on the king and I was like, okay, way to be overtly obvious show. No subtlety evah!
I took that as two seperate points. The pawn explanation and then showing how the girl has accepted him.

Cool episode. Was weird seeing the governor as an errand boy. Also unsettling constantly trying to determine his intentions. Thought a few times he might take off with with "New Penny". Possibly after letting grandpa eat the other two.
Yep. Very neat character development given that we've really only seen the governor as a monster.

GordonGekko said:
With the Governor, every degree of safety he provides will end up costing you in free will. Which is a typical character development slant for Hollywood and AMC's stable of liberal writers.
Not to mention one of our country's most famous founders - Benjamin Franklin.

Johnny Bing said:
Disco Stu said:
Johnny Bing said:
Outside where a zombie could stumble upon you mid thrust? No thanks.This is the ZA equivalent of safe sex.

Maybe if they where blindfolds while having sex they would be attacked. There parked in some prairie location. You'd see a zombie coming 50 yards out.

Pretty sure they shot that concern down, when they showed the Gov sleeping in a 4x4 tent. I would think if the writers were really concerned about a stray zombie, he would have been in an abandoned vehicle or some building.

that isn't the point though, I just thought they could have found 10 other ways to make that scene happen, rather than the others right next to them in the truck. But then again, it probably only last 20 seconds.
C'mon... live a little. Who hasn't had sex while there are others in the same room? If that's when she wants it, that's when she gets it. I'm not going to suggest moving things outside, which would wake the other two anyway.

I'm also not confident I would even see a zombie from fifty yards in the dark while raw dogging some new chick. And having no idea how loud she is, I'd take my chances waking the family as opposed to waking the dead.

As far as the tents go, it's safe to assume they took turns standing watch. I don't think we saw him camping after that.

Johnny Bing said:
GordonGekko said:
Corporation said:

This is what I was talking about. And she is definitely the little girl's mother, not all 3 sisters.

So wait is the interpretation actually that the Governor intentionally ditched the women during the last scene's zombie encounter? I didn't see that at all.

GordonGekko said:
Corporation said:

or... she hadn't been with a man in quite some time and was just horny.

GordonGekko said:
Corporation said:

or... she hadn't been with a man in quite some time and was just horny.
Bingo

What threw me off about Megan being one of the sister's daughter is that their family says to Brian "I know you might not understand

because you don't have a baby girl of your own, but it might be something to make my Megan talk again".

That's a good read. On The Talking Dead they discussed whether Rick and The Governor could form an alliance and that may be the reason he's back at the prison. That would be a very interesting turn of events and it definitely would provide a good reason not to have killed him off at the end of last season.

Users who are viewing this thread