What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (5 Viewers)

I had a real issue with how they recruit.

You send two guys out...two vehicles...an rv loaded with supplies.

And then leave them parked with no guards.

Who would do this? Makes no sense. You wouldn't have those items very long.

I also found it odd that Rick would ask all these things but forget the questions (like they matter) and more importantly not ask, "Will we be required to give up our weapons upon arrival?" Just unreasonable.

Where was gay dude with broken ankle this whole time? Aaron drove off with the gang and gankle was where? Did they leave him...did he catch up...how did that whole covergence transpire?

Hated applesauce scene...another unreasonable stretch.

Gotta love how the gang will think ahead when it's convenient for tension...but then turn the car off right after plowing through a hundred walkers (sorry...roamers...how many more of these dumb names are still to come?). So he turns the car off just so we can crank it again during the getaway? Awful.

And why didn't they stop initially? We're they all going so fast that the rv would plow into them? What was the made up reasoning for that ridiculous scene?

Speaking of ridiculous scene...you send your guys out to walk around...radios are dead...but you don't hand them the flare to signal trouble? Just so we could have that lame @zzed zombie kill of the week? When all Rick had to do was use his machete?

Next week, Rick finds a way to drop a player piano on a zombie horde...it plays "Brahm's Lullaby" as it falls. Cut to zombie with mouth full of piano keys as teeth...fade out.

Genius.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a thought this morning about last week when they couldn't find water.

Wouldn't nearly every house have a hot water heater in it? Wouldn't that tank be full of like 75 gallons of water, just sitting there? Water that was sanitized? Why not just go into any home and fill up all of your bottles from the water tank? How could they not think of this?

Might not be as tasty as rainwater, but its still clean water... even if it is a bit stale.

I had a real issue with how they recruit.

You send two guys out...two vehicles...an rv loaded with supplies.

And then leave them parked with no guards.

Who would do this? Makes no sense. You wouldn't have those items very long.

I also found it odd that Rick would ask all these things but forget the questions (like they matter) and more importantly not ask, "Will we be required to give up our weapons upon arrival?" Just unreasonable.

Where was gay dude with broken ankle this whole time? Aaron drove off with the gang and gankle was where? Did they leave him...did he catch up...how did that whole covergence transpire?

Hated applesauce scene...another unreasonable stretch.

Gotta love how the gang will think ahead when it's convenient for tension...but then turn the car off right after plowing through a hundred walkers (sorry...roamers...how many more of these dumb names are still to come?). So he turns the car off just so we can crank it again during the getaway? Awful.

And why didn't they stop initially? We're they all going so fast that the rv would plow into them? What was the made up reasoning for that ridiculous scene?

Speaking of ridiculous scene...you send your guys out to walk around...radios are dead...but you don't hand them the flare to signal trouble? Just so we could have that lame @zzed zombie kill of the week? When all Rick had to do was use his machete?

Next week, Rick finds a way to drop a player piano on a zombie horde...it plays "Brahm's Lullaby" as it falls. Cut to zombie with mouth full of piano keys as teeth...fade out.

Genius.
Whew, I was afraid you'd missed this week's episode and weren't gonna show up.

WHERE DID THIS THREAD GO!?!one!1!!

Hi y'all -- sorry for the trouble.

I've been researching how to make our forums faster and more responsive over the last month. The performance of our forums, though never particularly speedy, had become uniformly slow with occasional unpredictable and excruciating delays. So I asked the folks at Invision Power, the forum software's authors, to dig in and make some recommendations on how we can speed the site up.

They recommended a number of infrastructure and settings changes which we've implemented in this upgrade. More performance upgrades will be coming when Invision releases their 4.0 version later this year. But their most significant recommendation -- more important than all the others combined -- was that we needed to archive and reopen the board's largest, most trafficked, and most loved threads.

There are fifteen threads that account for over 845,000 of the board's 13,000,000 posts and they've been viewed nearly 13,000,000 times. These threads have grown so large and they are loaded so often that their performance impact on the board can't be properly normalized. This is one of those fifteen threads.

For now, we've moved these threads to a new forum called Archived Topics to isolate them from the most heavily-trafficked forums -- the FFA and Shark Pool -- and preserved them so that they cannot be replied to, edited, or deleted. The original threads remain searchable, and I've added a link below to the original version of this topic. Over the next couple of weeks, these threads will be converted into archived threads by the Invision Board aoftware and moved back to their original forum. After archiving, they will remain searchable and browsable.

If you are the Original Poster of one of these threads, I encourage you to start a new topic to be version 2.0 of your thread and PM me with the link. I will merge this post into your new topic and leave it pinned for a few weeks.

Peace.
***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread***:

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?/topic/536880-official-the-walking-dead-tv-series-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
That was a lot to read...is there anything in the original post that says why we can't get into the archived forum?

I'm not seeing a loss here. Old thread had become pretty unbearable. Lets turn over a new leaf with this opportunity.

such is the nature of my interest in the show that I'm both eager to see how this walled society lives and dreading to see how the writers will go to great lengths to #### it up.

Ok, explain this. JCrew's lover was in the area, they were being "watched" by two people from a base that was more than 2 hours of a drive away from their home?

Did I miss something?

Ok, explain this. JCrew's lover was in the area, they were being "watched" by two people from a base that was more than 2 hours of a drive away from their home?

Did I miss something?
I assume those two were a patrol sent out to find appropriate recruits... they stumbled on the gang and watched them before approaching.

not sure what the question is- that they were two hours away from home base?

Did I miss something?
I assume those two were a patrol sent out to find appropriate recruits... they stumbled on the gang and watched them before approaching.

2 hours is a long way from home if they cleared a two hour stretch of highway. Also, so their base wasn't close so the whole water stunt was just a stunt. The logic leaps are a little hard to go along with here. If they were just on the lookout for recruits they didn't have a great manner to do so.

Previews at least show them making it to a waspy neighborhood but no new human characters are previewed.

Did I miss something?

2 hours is a long way from home if they cleared a two hour stretch of highway. Also, so their base wasn't close so the whole water stunt was just a stunt. The logic leaps are a little hard to go along with here. If they were just on the lookout for recruits they didn't have a great manner to do so.

Previews at least show them making it to a waspy neighborhood but no new human characters are previewed.
:shrug:

My guess this isn't the first time they have ventured out looking for new members.. Two hours drive isn't much, especially with supplies.. You park somewhere and wander around searching for survivors.. when you find some, you watch them for a bit to try and determine if they are worth inviting or not.

With a large RV, storing water and going back to bring it to the road you know the group is walking down isn't hard to imagine..

Did I miss something?

My guess this isn't the first time they have ventured out looking for new members.. Two hours drive isn't much, especially with supplies.. You park somewhere and wander around searching for survivors.. when you find some, you watch them for a bit to try and determine if they are worth inviting or not.

With a large RV, storing water and going back to bring it to the road you know the group is walking down isn't hard to imagine..
agree.

could see where they do an out and back recon trip of a few hours each way, or until they find a potential group. lots of supplies in the RV, so not seeing what the "stunt" is.

but gas... just refill at any stopped car? stop at the local stop n' go and fill 'er up?

Did I miss something?

agree.

could see where they do an out and back recon trip of a few hours each way, or until they find a potential group. lots of supplies in the RV, so not seeing what the "stunt" is.

but gas... just refill at any stopped car? stop at the local stop n' go and fill 'er up?
RV's have big gas tanks, so as long as there is gas back at Utopia then they are fine.. Maybe they are stealing from D.C. since that is only 6 miles away :oldunsure:

Did I miss something?

:shrug: My guess this isn't the first time they have ventured out looking for new members.. Two hours drive isn't much, especially with supplies.. You park somewhere and wander around searching for survivors.. when you find some, you watch them for a bit to try and determine if they are worth inviting or not.

agree.

RV's have big gas tanks, so as long as there is gas back at Utopia then they are fine.. Maybe they are stealing from D.C. since that is only 6 miles away :oldunsure:
but wont all the gas be bad by now?And NOW we're back

Did I miss something?

agree.

Well, the storyline seems to be that every group has broken bad and just need extra people to extend their badness or else has some sort of sick/twisted plan. The fact that these guys are gay might get the GLBTA all up in arms if they turn out to have some sort of fetish.

Looked at the formal trailer for next episode and also noted no new people, as well as recalling Michonne grilling the guy on why there were no people in the photos of the location they were at.

He also seemed really way too excited about getting the baby back to the compound to me. Also be prepared for lots of manicured lawns again, new place has perfect lawns.

Users who are viewing this thread