Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
goonsquad

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread***

I agree completely. Rick is in charge of everyone's safety and he has two kids. With the crap they went through, he was going to be like that and Michonne had to reel him back him. I thought it was a good episode. As you said, this show is about survival, simple as that, people want safe places, other people want those safe places. This thread is really falling apart. No discussion about anything but complaints. Oh well.

The story arc is fine. I thought Rick's character in this one made sense, and I like the way the group is becoming increasingly ruthless and the sort of folks who you don't want to bump into.

The problem is that you constantly have to put up with a bunch of silly stuff like the zombienado, the car the magically won't start when zombies are bearing down, LL Bean Guy, etc. if you want to enjoy the rest of it.

:lmao:

Mrs SB. on first seeing him: He looks like he came out of an LL Bean catalog.

My nitpick complaint: Did Glenn even try the windshield wipers? Or were they out of windshield wiper fluid?

By that point in time all of the windshield washer fluid would have gone bad.

• Like 2

My mommy maid me eat applesauce all the time and I really don't like it!! :cry:

That was so stupid. You got a guy who's looking for a reason to kill you and you can't swallow the applesauce? You just saw their group go to town on a bunch of dogs, but the applesauce is a sticking point?

It's just showing how good Aaron has it back home, that he would even refuse eating something like applesauce while Rick's group is eating dogs and worms and the baby eating ground up acorns. Just like collecting license plates as if anyone has time for such trivial things.

The characters driving don't seem to look at the road very often. I get that this is a zombie show, but at least try to make it somewhat believable. :thumbdown:

I don't get why people have a problem with the welded-steel-walls thing. Why is it illogical to think that a group may have prioritized wall-building, especially if they happened to have providential access to the right materials?

I think I'm the only one with a problem.

Don't see how they're getting welded steel plates going anywhere. I see chain-link and fence posts... or any kind of hodge-podge of materials like at Governor-ville... but steel seems both difficult to procure and heavy to transport and install for the size needed without serious machinery.

I do buy the military having set this up initially.

I don't get why people have a problem with the welded-steel-walls thing. Why is it illogical to think that a group may have prioritized wall-building, especially if they happened to have providential access to the right materials?

I think I'm the only one with a problem.

Don't see how they're getting welded steel plates going anywhere. I see chain-link and fence posts... or any kind of hodge-podge of materials like at Governor-ville... but steel seems both difficult to procure and heavy to transport and install for the size needed without serious machinery.

I do buy the military having set this up initially.

I believe it's military as well. I mean, Alexandria isn't too far from DC, so it's certainly possible it was set up as some defense for DC.

oh yeah!

totally forgot about that one... completely ridiculous- unless, like Iocaine poison, he somehow developed an immunity and is ####### with Rick and baby.

That was so stupid. You got a guy who's looking for a reason to kill you and you can't swallow the applesauce? You just saw their group go to town on a bunch of dogs, but the applesauce is a sticking point?

It's just showing how good Aaron has it back home, that he would even refuse eating something like applesauce while Rick's group is eating dogs and worms and the baby eating ground up acorns. Just like collecting license plates as if anyone has time for such trivial things.

:goodposting:

Edited by snogger

My nitpick complaint: Did Glenn even try the windshield wipers? Or were they out of windshield wiper fluid?

I don't want to live in a zombie apocalypse where the windshield wiper fluid goes bad.

If someone had me tied up threatening to put a knife in my neck I can't think of very many things I wouldn't be willing to eat. Razor blades and thumbtacks maybe, you know something that causes a more painful death than the knife blow. Certainly not any real food.

If someone had me tied up threatening to put a knife in my neck I can't think of very many things I wouldn't be willing to eat. Razor blades and thumbtacks maybe, you know something that causes a more painful death than the knife blow. Certainly not any real food.

agree. for a guy that seems to "understand" their situation, that kind of behavior is insane and silly plot-device for the writers to create tension when none is needed. I'd rather have a knife shoved into my skull than eat something I don't like because mommy didn't love me.

He didnt wanna eat the applesauce. It was a funny scene. Cant that be the only explanation? Jeez you people are nuts

• Like 1

He didnt wanna eat the applesauce. It was a funny scene. Cant that be the only explanation? Jeez you people are nuts

I need "wah-wah-wah" sound affects to tell me when I'm supposed to laugh.

I had a real issue with how they recruit.

You send two guys out...two vehicles...an rv loaded with supplies.

And then leave them parked with no guards.

Who would do this? Makes no sense. You wouldn't have those items very long.

I also found it odd that Rick would ask all these things but forget the questions (like they matter) and more importantly not ask, "Will we be required to give up our weapons upon arrival?" Just unreasonable.

Where was gay dude with broken ankle this whole time? Aaron drove off with the gang and gankle was where? Did they leave him...did he catch up...how did that whole covergence transpire?

Hated applesauce scene...another unreasonable stretch.

Gotta love how the gang will think ahead when it's convenient for tension...but then turn the car off right after plowing through a hundred walkers (sorry...roamers...how many more of these dumb names are still to come?). So he turns the car off just so we can crank it again during the getaway? Awful.

And why didn't they stop initially? We're they all going so fast that the rv would plow into them? What was the made up reasoning for that ridiculous scene?

Speaking of ridiculous scene...you send your guys out to walk around...radios are dead...but you don't hand them the flare to signal trouble? Just so we could have that lame @zzed zombie kill of the week? When all Rick had to do was use his machete?

Next week, Rick finds a way to drop a player piano on a zombie horde...it plays "Brahm's Lullaby" as it falls. Cut to zombie with mouth full of piano keys as teeth...fade out.

Genius.

Edited by tdoss

I had a thought this morning about last week when they couldn't find water.

Wouldn't nearly every house have a hot water heater in it? Wouldn't that tank be full of like 75 gallons of water, just sitting there? Water that was sanitized? Why not just go into any home and fill up all of your bottles from the water tank? How could they not think of this?

Might not be as tasty as rainwater, but its still clean water... even if it is a bit stale.

I don't want to live in a zombie apocalypse where the windshield wiper fluid goes bad.

None of us do, man. None of us do.

I had a real issue with how they recruit.

You send two guys out...two vehicles...an rv loaded with supplies.

And then leave them parked with no guards.

Who would do this? Makes no sense. You wouldn't have those items very long.

I also found it odd that Rick would ask all these things but forget the questions (like they matter) and more importantly not ask, "Will we be required to give up our weapons upon arrival?" Just unreasonable.

Where was gay dude with broken ankle this whole time? Aaron drove off with the gang and gankle was where? Did they leave him...did he catch up...how did that whole covergence transpire?

Hated applesauce scene...another unreasonable stretch.

Gotta love how the gang will think ahead when it's convenient for tension...but then turn the car off right after plowing through a hundred walkers (sorry...roamers...how many more of these dumb names are still to come?). So he turns the car off just so we can crank it again during the getaway? Awful.

And why didn't they stop initially? We're they all going so fast that the rv would plow into them? What was the made up reasoning for that ridiculous scene?

Speaking of ridiculous scene...you send your guys out to walk around...radios are dead...but you don't hand them the flare to signal trouble? Just so we could have that lame @zzed zombie kill of the week? When all Rick had to do was use his machete?

Next week, Rick finds a way to drop a player piano on a zombie horde...it plays "Brahm's Lullaby" as it falls. Cut to zombie with mouth full of piano keys as teeth...fade out.

Genius.

Whew, I was afraid you'd missed this week's episode and weren't gonna show up.

WHERE DID THIS THREAD GO!?!one!1!!
Hi y'all -- sorry for the trouble.
I've been researching how to make our forums faster and more responsive over the last month. The performance of our forums, though never particularly speedy, had become uniformly slow with occasional unpredictable and excruciating delays. So I asked the folks at Invision Power, the forum software's authors, to dig in and make some recommendations on how we can speed the site up.
They recommended a number of infrastructure and settings changes which we've implemented in this upgrade. More performance upgrades will be coming when Invision releases their 4.0 version later this year. But their most significant recommendation -- more important than all the others combined -- was that we needed to archive and reopen the board's largest, most trafficked, and most loved threads.
There are fifteen threads that account for over 845,000 of the board's 13,000,000 posts and they've been viewed nearly 13,000,000 times. These threads have grown so large and they are loaded so often that their performance impact on the board can't be properly normalized. This is one of those fifteen threads.
For now, we've moved these threads to a new forum called Archived Topics to isolate them from the most heavily-trafficked forums -- the FFA and Shark Pool -- and preserved them so that they cannot be replied to, edited, or deleted. The original threads remain searchable, and I've added a link below to the original version of this topic. Over the next couple of weeks, these threads will be converted into archived threads by the Invision Board aoftware and moved back to their original forum. After archiving, they will remain searchable and browsable.
If you are the Original Poster of one of these threads, I encourage you to start a new topic to be version 2.0 of your thread and PM me with the link. I will merge this post into your new topic and leave it pinned for a few weeks.
Peace.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread***:

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?/topic/536880-official-the-walking-dead-tv-series-thread/

I clicked on the link and it says I don't have permission.

• Like 2

I clicked on the link and it says I don't have permission.

That means you're actually a zombie.

Cool...do you have to be a ninja before you die to become a ninja zombie or can I become one after death?

That was a lot to read...is there anything in the original post that says why we can't get into the archived forum?

Love this ancient aliens show. Basically an hour of stupid questions and dudes with really bad hair

I'm not seeing a loss here. Old thread had become pretty unbearable. Lets turn over a new leaf with this opportunity.

Flare skull zombie was cool imo.

I'm not seeing a loss here. Old thread had become pretty unbearable. Lets turn over a new leaf with this opportunity.

Yeah I'm sure it'll go much better the second time.

I liked the episode. There, I said it.

I liked this one too.

• Like 1

such is the nature of my interest in the show that I'm both eager to see how this walled society lives and dreading to see how the writers will go to great lengths to #### it up.

Yeah I'm sure it'll go much better the second time.

Ok, explain this. JCrew's lover was in the area, they were being "watched" by two people from a base that was more than 2 hours of a drive away from their home?

Did I miss something?