What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (7 Viewers)

I guess the two Philly strangers were inserted mostly to demonstrate how reflexively defensive the group had become but I was curious to find out more about the interlopers. Did they really have bad intentions? They were a little on the pushy side and fairly unlikeable, but you could say that about almost anyone from Philadelphia. It would have been interesting to see what kind of group they actually had and investigate the dynamics of merger/cooperation with them.Lol at "Olive Oyl."
LOL....they did a good job of playing "Philly/NYC pushy".I don't think they deliberately came in looking for trouble....I just think that they were put their to kind of show the viewers and Herschel that some surviving people are/were dangerous and have become morally off center; ala Shane. For Battlestar Galactica nerds...they reminded me of the Pegasus crew; the ends justify the means.

'cstu said:
'Froglova said:
'rail said:
'cstu said:
'rail said:
In the comic do they ever discuss ways strategies to survive? Is there any intellectual curiosity about the zombies?For example, can the xombies "starve?"
Yes to the first two questions
I've read the first 60 and saw none of that.
I've read them too. I recall the group, at least during the prison setting, having some discussions about the walkers/hordes, etc., and trying to figure them out more. Dont' think they were really intellectual or in-depth. At the very least, they were fleeting. Also, someone tied up a zombie out in the prison yard to study her, etc. This is the zombie that Sophia's mom eventually sacrificed herself to. I started reading this stuff over a year ago. Maybe I'm not recalling it correctly.
Nope, you are correct, they tie the zombie up to study it. They also very early classify them as roamers and lurkers. To which the governors camp says the more accurate term is biters. They also determine that they are all infected and the bite does not actually cause them to rise again. But that they can amputate a bite and keep you alive. Peg Leg Dale.
I wouldn't classify anything they did as 'intellectual curiosity'. They figured some things out but these guys aren't rocket scientists.Even in the Land of the Lost drek they figured some shot out about the dinosaurs and the sleestacks. you'd think if you were trying to survive and have some hope, you'd be talking about this stuff

Even in the Land of the Lost drek they figured some shot out about the dinosaurs and the sleestacks. you'd think if you were trying to survive and have some hope, you'd be talking about this stuff
I'm not reading the spoilers but if the discussion is about what caused the zombie apocalypse and things of that nature they did address a lot of that at the end of Season 1 when they all went to the CDC. Jenner basically told them there was no more hope and no more research being done anywhere. Plus, there's still the question of what Jenner whispered to Rick which the writers have all said will be addressed at some point.If that's not what is being discussed in the spoilers never mind. :)

'cstu said:
'Froglova said:
'rail said:
'cstu said:
'rail said:
In the comic do they ever discuss ways strategies to survive? Is there any intellectual curiosity about the zombies?For example, can the xombies "starve?"
Yes to the first two questions
I've read the first 60 and saw none of that.
I've read them too. I recall the group, at least during the prison setting, having some discussions about the walkers/hordes, etc., and trying to figure them out more. Dont' think they were really intellectual or in-depth. At the very least, they were fleeting. Also, someone tied up a zombie out in the prison yard to study her, etc. This is the zombie that Sophia's mom eventually sacrificed herself to. I started reading this stuff over a year ago. Maybe I'm not recalling it correctly.
Nope, you are correct, they tie the zombie up to study it. They also very early classify them as roamers and lurkers. To which the governors camp says the more accurate term is biters. They also determine that they are all infected and the bite does not actually cause them to rise again. But that they can amputate a bite and keep you alive. Peg Leg Dale.
I wouldn't classify anything they did as 'intellectual curiosity'. They figured some things out but these guys aren't rocket scientists.Even in the Land of the Lost drek they figured some shot out about the dinosaurs and the sleestacks. you'd think if you were trying to survive and have some hope, you'd be talking about this stuffIn the comic, they at times showed interest in the zombies. As far as surviving goes....I think Dale said it best.....Whatever place is secure enough....you have to worry about people killing you for it....if a place is not secure enough....you have to worry about the Walkers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe I missed something, but why does Dale suspect Shane of shooting Otis to leave as bait for the zombies? Seems awfully specific a thing to suspect him of, especially given the very high likelihood of actually being caught by zombies when going into an infested area...

Maybe I missed something, but why does Dale suspect Shane of shooting Otis to leave as bait for the zombies? Seems awfully specific a thing to suspect him of, especially given the very high likelihood of actually being caught by zombies when going into an infested area...
:knowsstuff:

'babydemon90 said:
Dale was really basing everything on seeing Shane aiming his rifle at Rick back in their old camp. I rewatched that Otis funeral scene and I don't think Shane gave away anything. In fact, Shane could have easily continued to cover it up with Dale. Shane being Shane wouldn't do that, but I don't think Shane has even really admitted to it in his arguments with Dale. I think he is just taunting what he says as a weak person.

'babydemon90 said:
cuz its stupid

If somebody recorded the episode where Shane and Dale had their confrontation at the gun hidey-hole, they should watch it again to see if Shane lets something vague slip about Otis, because I kinda remember something being said there and reinforcing Dale's suspicions. I could also be completely wrong because of my irrational hatred for ####### Shane.

For those wanting them to leave the Farm..

You'll be happy to read the message below..

Also, the "Whisper" secret from the Scientist will be revealed this season.. and it doesn't look good :unsure:

Andrew Lincoln, who stars as Sheriff Rick Grimes in "The Walking Dead," says he loves a secret.

That's partly why Lincoln has told no one the answer to what's become the biggest mystery of the AMC zombie drama: What scientist Dr. Jenner whispered to Rick in the season one finale.

"Not even my wife knows what he whispered to me," Lincoln said in an interview Wednesday.

Lincoln said that in keeping the secret he feels he is being true to his character in the show.

"He chooses not to tell people so why would I tell," Lincoln said of the sheriff.

What was said has only been heard by a handful of people, and the mystery has become the object of intense scrutiny by fans.

Lincoln said he realized just how curious people were when a show editor revealed he had scrolled through hours of show footage and listened in on radio traffic to find the only two takes where the brief remarks were audible. The cast says the contents of the conversation will be revealed this season.

Lincoln, who says the comments are "pivotal" for Rick, hints that the message was not good news.

"This is a scientist who seemingly held all the cards to what this epidemic is about and I do think, you know, you would imagine he would have something of value to say on that matter," Lincoln said. "Well, he chose to kill himself."

The actor also said that Rick and his ragged group of survivors will likely leave the farm where they've taken refuge this season.

"Something happens and they realize very quickly that the farm is not as secure as they may think," he said.
:popcorn:

'babydemon90 said:
Dale was really basing everything on seeing Shane aiming his rifle at Rick back in their old camp. I rewatched that Otis funeral scene and I don't think Shane gave away anything. In fact, Shane could have easily continued to cover it up with Dale. Shane being Shane wouldn't do that, but I don't think Shane has even really admitted to it in his arguments with Dale. I think he is just taunting what he says as a weak person.
I think Dale smelled bs in Shane's story. The lack of detail, the fact that he wasn't that forthcoming etc. From there and his feeling about Shane, he just has all day to sit and think about paranoid stuff because nobody has needed a radiator hose for awhile.

W T H??Why in the hell did Rick shoot those two??
"Nebraska?" guy reached for his gun quickly, so Rick shot him first.
:goodposting: People may have missed it, but he definitely reached for his gun on the bar when Rick shot him.
I'm struggling to understand why Nebraska went for his pistol. If he shot those guys down he wouldn't get any info. What's he get? A few guns and a couple of cars? Both ought to be plentiful.
Maybe he thought that Rick's story was BS and that he was going to shoot him?

Also, the "Whisper" secret from the Scientist will be revealed this season.. and it doesn't look good :unsure:

Andrew Lincoln, who stars as Sheriff Rick Grimes in "The Walking Dead," says he loves a secret.

That's partly why Lincoln has told no one the answer to what's become the biggest mystery of the AMC zombie drama: What scientist Dr. Jenner whispered to Rick in the season one finale.

"Not even my wife knows what he whispered to me," Lincoln said in an interview Wednesday.

Lincoln said that in keeping the secret he feels he is being true to his character in the show.

"He chooses not to tell people so why would I tell," Lincoln said of the sheriff.

What was said has only been heard by a handful of people, and the mystery has become the object of intense scrutiny by fans.

Lincoln said he realized just how curious people were when a show editor revealed he had scrolled through hours of show footage and listened in on radio traffic to find the only two takes where the brief remarks were audible. The cast says the contents of the conversation will be revealed this season.

Lincoln, who says the comments are "pivotal" for Rick, hints that the message was not good news.

"This is a scientist who seemingly held all the cards to what this epidemic is about and I do think, you know, you would imagine he would have something of value to say on that matter," Lincoln said. "Well, he chose to kill himself."

The actor also said that Rick and his ragged group of survivors will likely leave the farm where they've taken refuge this season.

"Something happens and they realize very quickly that the farm is not as secure as they may think," he said.
Glad to see them finally get around to discussing it but don't we already know what the secret is?

'babydemon90 said:
I think Dale smelled bs in Shane's story. The lack of detail, the fact that he wasn't that forthcoming etc. From there and his feeling about Shane, he just has all day to sit and think about paranoid stuff because nobody has needed a radiator hose for awhile.
There was a scene with Dale and Shane where Dale confronted Shane about Otis. Shane basically said, "if I'm the kind of person who would do something like that, you have to wonder what I'd do to you." He didn't admit it, but he played up Dale's fear.

Glad to see them finally get around to discussing it but don't we already know what the secret is?
:mellow: maybe, if you are following the spoilers from the comics (which I am not).. Then again, it may not have anything to do with the comic or how they laid the story out.

:mellow: maybe, if you are following the spoilers from the comics (which I am not).. Then again, it may not have anything to do with the comic or how they laid the story out.
I didn't read it in the comics (through 60) and thought we figured it out earlier in this thread. Maybe there wasn't a consensus on it but there's idea that makes the most sense.

I really liked the episode. Pacing didn't bother me as you have some pretty serious stuff going down, especially when the first half of season two was abysmally slow. Hershel finally coming to his senses that things/people/zombies are not what he thought they were is big. Rick's emphatic and violent reaffirmation that he is THE guy to protect the group when the chips are down (in spite of his whining about it to Lori at the beginning of the episode) was needed. The Lori plot-line was absolutely dumb - I really can't explain why she decided to take off like that, leaving Carl behind, to go and baby sit Rick. I hope that it is a quick (and unfortunate) way to end the pregnancy plot line and it doesn't evolve into a "oh my god, where's Lori? Oh we finally found her! Oh, she's hurt, let's get her some Hershel-Veterinarian-Style-Healthcare!©" that lasts for 6 episodes.I dug the ending scene of burning zombie bodies and the music. Pretty cool.It's also good to see this overall theme start to come more into play: The zombies are a threat. But human beings are just as much of a threat, if not more so.
:goodposting: All of this. It was a good episode.I just wish Lori wasn't carrying a map as she walked to the car, as the crash became inevitable at that point.

I really liked the episode. Pacing didn't bother me as you have some pretty serious stuff going down, especially when the first half of season two was abysmally slow. Hershel finally coming to his senses that things/people/zombies are not what he thought they were is big. Rick's emphatic and violent reaffirmation that he is THE guy to protect the group when the chips are down (in spite of his whining about it to Lori at the beginning of the episode) was needed.

The Lori plot-line was absolutely dumb - I really can't explain why she decided to take off like that, leaving Carl behind, to go and baby sit Rick. I hope that it is a quick (and unfortunate) way to end the pregnancy plot line and it doesn't evolve into a "oh my god, where's Lori? Oh we finally found her! Oh, she's hurt, let's get her some Hershel-Veterinarian-Style-Healthcare!©" that lasts for 6 episodes.

I dug the ending scene of burning zombie bodies and the music. Pretty cool.

It's also good to see this overall theme start to come more into play: The zombies are a threat. But human beings are just as much of a threat, if not more so.
:goodposting: All of this. It was a good episode.I just wish Lori wasn't carrying a map as she walked to the cara woman, as the crash became inevitable at that point.
Fixed.

:thumbup: Just finished #50 yesterday. :shock:

Really interested to see where it goes from there.

What's the deal with them? What volume are they up to and is it still continuing? If so, I'll definitely be buying new issues as they come out.
Up to 93 now.
wow. So they still put out new ones? Monthly or weekly?
Yep, and I don't think Kirkman has any plans to stop. It doesn't have a set schedule but it's roughly every month. I found this release schedule.

The guy who plays Rick was on Letterman. A couple of interesting things: He's British. It's amazing how many Brits are in leading roles on US television and in movies. His real last name is Clutterbuck and his father-in-law is Ian Anderson from Jethro Tull.

Asked this in another thread but I noticed that 3 actors/actresses from the movie The Mist also star in The Walking Dead. I think I also saw that a few make-up artists from that movie work on the series. Is there some connection here or just luck. I know the movie used the film crew from The Sheild.

Asked this in another thread but I noticed that 3 actors/actresses from the movie The Mist also star in The Walking Dead. I think I also saw that a few make-up artists from that movie work on the series. Is there some connection here or just luck. I know the movie used the film crew from The Sheild.
You may have noticed that 3 of the actors in The Walking Dead were also in The Mist. This should come as no surprise considering that Frank Darabont has Writing, Directing and Producing credits in both. Most people will recognize two of them, Laurie Holden and Jeffrey DeMunn. Attentive viewers will remember the third – Melissa Suzanne Mcbride. She had a very small role in the Mist.But what you may have not noticed is the striking similarities storywise that their characters share in both films. For instance, at the end of The Mist Laurie and Jeffrey play characters that must contemplate suicide vs. a gruesome and agonizing death from the monsters in the film. In The Walking Dead, at the end of the first season, Laurie’s character chooses to commit suicide rather than face a daily existence with the possibility of being killed by or being turned into a zombie but Jeffrey’s character talks her out of it and she resents him for taking away her choice. In both cases, she chooses suicide over letting a monster kill her. In one case she is successful and in the other she isn’t.Next up is Melissa McBride. In ‘The Mist’ her character leaves the Supermarket and takes her chances in the mist because she has children at home and she is worried that something may have happened to them. At the end you see her alive with her children which includes a daughter. In The Walking Dead, her daughter goes missing in a woods full of zombies and the rest of the group is trying to find her. I both cases her child tor children are in danger in a world overrun by monsters and she doesn’t know where they are or if they are safe or even alive or dead.Having the same actors from ‘The Mist’ is one thing, but these are striking story similarities as well. They are probably just a coincidence considering that ‘The Walking Dead’ is primarily following the comic with some changes. Still it is very interesting to see these similarities between the movie and television show. I wonder if we will see even more actors from ‘The Mist’ appear in ‘The Walking Dead’ in the future.

You may have noticed that 3 of the actors in The Walking Dead were also in The Mist. This should come as no surprise considering that Frank Darabont has Writing, Directing and Producing credits in both. Most people will recognize two of them, Laurie Holden and Jeffrey DeMunn. Attentive viewers will remember the third – Melissa Suzanne Mcbride. She had a very small role in the Mist.

But what you may have not noticed is the striking similarities storywise that their characters share in both films. For instance, at the end of The Mist Laurie and Jeffrey play characters that must contemplate suicide vs. a gruesome and agonizing death from the monsters in the film. In The Walking Dead, at the end of the first season, Laurie’s character chooses to commit suicide rather than face a daily existence with the possibility of being killed by or being turned into a zombie but Jeffrey’s character talks her out of it and she resents him for taking away her choice. In both cases, she chooses suicide over letting a monster kill her. In one case she is successful and in the other she isn’t.

Next up is Melissa McBride. In ‘The Mist’ her character leaves the Supermarket and takes her chances in the mist because she has children at home and she is worried that something may have happened to them. At the end you see her alive with her children which includes a daughter. In The Walking Dead, her daughter goes missing in a woods full of zombies and the rest of the group is trying to find her. I both cases her child tor children are in danger in a world overrun by monsters and she doesn’t know where they are or if they are safe or even alive or dead.

Having the same actors from ‘The Mist’ is one thing, but these are striking story similarities as well. They are probably just a coincidence considering that ‘The Walking Dead’ is primarily following the comic with some changes. Still it is very interesting to see these similarities between the movie and television show. I wonder if we will see even more actors from ‘The Mist’ appear in ‘The Walking Dead’ in the future.
One of the soldiers that came in the supermarket was the zombie that was in the tank in the first season. He was supposed to be in a flashback scene at the start of season 2, but it got scrapped once Darabont was let go. Here's the link:Fall of Atlanta

Lori just got a lot more interesting at the end the way she planted the seed with Rick that he needs to kill Shane.
Can't believe she survived a car crash, a real, real close call with a walker, AND is plotting to get Shane rubbed out. She gets the gold star for this week's episode. With everyone on the fact that this was one of the best so far in the series.

So at what point do they decide to write for T-Dog?
:lmao: seriously, that guy has pretty much no value on this show. you have to feel for him a bit landing a role on a successful show, but they could put up a cardboard cut out in the background of T-dog and no one would no the difference. his time should be coming soon

So at what point do they decide to write for T-Dog?
:lmao: seriously, that guy has pretty much no value on this show. you have to feel for him a bit landing a role on a successful show, but they could put up a cardboard cut out in the background of T-dog and no one would no the difference. his time should be coming soon
He could be a very interesting character, too. I always wonder where he's hiding. He's barely on camera any, and no one seems to care. :eatenbyzombie:

Users who are viewing this thread