What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (3 Viewers)

At the very least, I wish Shane would pistol whip Dale.And get off the damn farm!!!
As Shane got out of the pickup truck and walked to Dale, you could see the fear in Dale's eyes. But then when Shane turned his back on him, I almost thought (Or maybe wished), that Dale would have whipped the rifle off his back and shot Shane in the back.Which would have been awesomely cool
No. Shane may be a ####, but he's the one semi-interesting character on this show. If they were to kill him off while letting that numbnuts Dale contaminate another day with his presence, I would be pissed.

At the very least, I wish Shane would pistol whip Dale.And get off the damn farm!!!
As Shane got out of the pickup truck and walked to Dale, you could see the fear in Dale's eyes. But then when Shane turned his back on him, I almost thought (Or maybe wished), that Dale would have whipped the rifle off his back and shot Shane in the back.Which would have been awesomely cool
No. Shane may be a ####, but he's the one semi-interesting character on this show. If they were to kill him off while letting that numbnuts Dale contaminate another day with his presence, I would be pissed.
It would take an unlikely confluence of events for Dale to off Shane but Shane is stoopid enough all on his own to whip his #### out at the wrong time and get it shot off.

The only thing that I hope happens soon, like in the next episode or two, is that they introduce 1 or 2 exciting new characters. Characters that will stick around and have an impact on the series.

W T H??Why in the hell did Rick shoot those two??
"Nebraska?" guy reached for his gun quickly, so Rick shot him first.
:goodposting: People may have missed it, but he definitely reached for his gun on the bar when Rick shot him.
I'm struggling to understand why Nebraska went for his pistol. If he shot those guys down he wouldn't get any info. What's he get? A few guns and a couple of cars? Both ought to be plentiful.

So does the lady in the car get picked up by the "new group" of people? I thought Rene (from True Blood) said their was a group of people looking for a place. Maybe it was my imagination?
They are part of another group, which in the previews for next week is made pretty clear.
Where did you guys see previews? All I saw was a lead-in to that comic book show.
The previews were during the first commercial break of a really awful Kevin Smith comic book show.

Dale....Really?...

So does the lady in the car get picked up by the "new group" of people? I thought Rene (from True Blood) said their was a group of people looking for a place. Maybe it was my imagination?
They are part of another group, which in the previews for next week is made pretty clear.
Where did you guys see previews? All I saw was a lead-in to that comic book show.
I saw one on the Talking Dead show a couple of hours later.I thought Rick put one in the fat guido's head because he was still moving. He shot the first guy in the head, but hit the fat guy once or twice in the torso before walking over for the kill shot. I didn't think it was related to anything regarding possible zombies.

:goodposting: People may have missed it, but he definitely reached for his gun on the bar when Rick shot him.
I'm struggling to understand why Nebraska went for his pistol. If he shot those guys down he wouldn't get any info. What's he get? A few guns and a couple of cars? Both ought to be plentiful.
:shrug: I'm doubting he would shoot all of them.. He takes out Rick and threatens the others to take them to the Barn.. No way they would want Rick around knowing he is a cop.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought Rick put one in the fat guido's head because he was still moving. He shot the first guy in the head, but hit the fat guy once or twice in the torso before walking over for the kill shot. I didn't think it was related to anything regarding possible zombies.
I'll have to watch the scene again. On first viewing my impression was he wanted to make sure Fat Boy wasn't going to come back as a zombie.

The last scene in the last show (barn/Sofie scene), and the bar scene in this past episode were two of the best scenes in any show that I have seen in a while. The bar scene kinda reminded me of a poor man's Quentin Tarantino movie scene. A very poor man's QT scene, but really cool nonetheless.

The last scene in the last show (barn/Sofie scene), and the bar scene in this past episode were two of the best scenes in any show that I have seen in a while. The bar scene kinda reminded me of a poor man's Quentin Tarantino movie scene. A very poor man's QT scene, but really cool nonetheless.
I agree. The show does a good job of ending episodes with intense scenes, leaving you wanting more.

I agree. The show does a good job of ending episodes with intense scenes, leaving you wanting more.
The Tim Tebow of television.

The Tim Tebow of television.
:thumbup:

:lmao:I agree, and that was a clever way of putting it.

I guess the two Philly strangers were inserted mostly to demonstrate how reflexively defensive the group had become but I was curious to find out more about the interlopers. Did they really have bad intentions? They were a little on the pushy side and fairly unlikeable, but you could say that about almost anyone from Philadelphia. It would have been interesting to see what kind of group they actually had and investigate the dynamics of merger/cooperation with them.Lol at "Olive Oyl."
If you have women in your group, you don't let in sketchy men.

yes. rick was super fast to alcap0wn them both. was very nice i replayed it a few times on teh dvr
The only thing I didn't like about it was the fact that he had his back to the fat guy. Seems like he would have positioned himself to where he could have both in front of him. Other than that, he did what needed to be done.

yes. rick was super fast to alcap0wn them both. was very nice i replayed it a few times on teh dvr
The only thing I didn't like about it was the fact that he had his back to the fat guy. Seems like he would have positioned himself to where he could have both in front of him. Other than that, he did what needed to be done.
I don't think he could've done that. Fat Boy went to the corner to take a ****. That allowed the other guy to put Rick in between them when he went behind the bar. I'm guessing that was their plan the whole time. Rick was clearly the guy they had to be most concerned about.

At the very least, I wish Shane would pistol whip Dale.

And get off the damn farm!!!
:goodposting: :goodposting:

I don't think he could've done that. Fat Boy went to the corner to take a ****. That allowed the other guy to put Rick in between them when he went behind the bar. I'm guessing that was their plan the whole time. Rick was clearly the guy they had to be most concerned about.
Which was kind of dumb because if skinny Philly shoots first and misses, he hits fatty Philly. They underestimated Rick but it was not that smart of a plan.

Yeah, fatso pretty deliberately moved into position behind Rick once the first dude went behind the bar.Gonna have to re-watch this in slow motion to see who goes for their gun first.

The only thing that I hope happens soon, like in the next episode or two, is that they introduce 1 or 2 exciting new characters. Characters that will stick around and have an impact on the series.
An introduction of Michonne followed by a Governor appearance (or some of his minions - who we may have just seen) would go nicely here. Maybe a Governor search-party for the minions will now ensue.
I really liked the episode. Pacing didn't bother me as you have some pretty serious stuff going down, especially when the first half of season two was abysmally slow. Hershel finally coming to his senses that things/people/zombies are not what he thought they were is big. Rick's emphatic and violent reaffirmation that he is THE guy to protect the group when the chips are down (in spite of his whining about it to Lori at the beginning of the episode) was needed. The Lori plot-line was absolutely dumb - I really can't explain why she decided to take off like that, leaving Carl behind, to go and baby sit Rick. I hope that it is a quick (and unfortunate) way to end the pregnancy plot line and it doesn't evolve into a "oh my god, where's Lori? Oh we finally found her! Oh, she's hurt, let's get her some Hershel-Veterinarian-Style-Healthcare!©" that lasts for 6 episodes.I dug the ending scene of burning zombie bodies and the music. Pretty cool.It's also good to see this overall theme start to come more into play: The zombies are a threat. But human beings are just as much of a threat, if not more so.

Yeah, fatso pretty deliberately moved into position behind Rick once the first dude went behind the bar.Gonna have to re-watch this in slow motion to see who goes for their gun first.
I need to re-watch the last 10-15 minutes of the episode. I was so frustrated with the snails pace of the first half of the episode, I was not watching too carefully at the end

:shrug: I'm doubting he would shoot all of them.. He takes out Rick and threatens the others to take them to the Barn.. No way they would want Rick around knowing he is a cop.
:goodposting: It was pretty obvious that Glenn was spilling everything and Herschel is an old drinker (from what they saw), so they planned to take out Rick and force the other "weaker" guys to do anything they wanted. They got into position and Rick knew exactly what was up and didn't hesitate.

He could see big boy in the mirror behind the bar.

:goodposting: It was pretty obvious that Glenn was spilling everything and Herschel is an old drinker (from what they saw), so they planned to take out Rick and force the other "weaker" guys to do anything they wanted. They got into position and Rick knew exactly what was up and didn't hesitate.
I was watching with a couple of friends and the 1st words out of my mouth were "yeah, thanks for the help Glenn!"

'Homer J Simpson said:
Sigh. Anyone NOT see the car wreck coming?
It would be nice if everyone in this show wasn't so damned predictably stupid.
No kidding. How are these people the survivors?
Alright, what the hell, I'll bite. So you guys mean to tell us that a few months after the zombie apocalypse hits you would be driving down the road with full attention on the road? They haven't seen another moving car outside of theirs in who knows how long, and it would seem quite logical that they have used this road a few times before (i think they did with the scene with Shane and the blond hair girl driving back from something), so what in the world would you be anticipating crossing the street at that time. granted, she probably should know where she was going and not need a map to check like that driving, but I think it is perfectly believable that she would be driving to the town and not paying much attn because it wasn't needed, and then she somebody in the road and panics. I think you can chalk it up to bad luck and a desire to move the show along with different things happening to them rather then nice, peaceful drives back and forth every time.
1. Why did she feel the need to take off in the first place? Wasn't the plan for Rick and Short Round to find Hershel and then head back? Did she think she was going to speed up the process?2. Regardless of the lack of traffic paying attention to the road would be the smart thing to do. Unless I'm mistaken road maintenance isn't happening any more. Washed out bridge? Fallen trees? Random cars in the middle of the road etc.

3. Anyone on this show that takes off on their own is a dope. Still not sure why they haven't figured it out yet.
That was the big wtf moment for me. She had just finished lecturing Rick about how their boy needs him, then takes off on her own to potentially leave the kid an orphan. Genius!
Alright, good enough. 2 reasonable answers there. The only I can think of as a response though is that i don't think Laurie is one of the people i would want to depend on in a zombie apocalypse. Basically I guess, for her character, I wouldn't be that surprised to see something like that happen because she seems kind of dopey. If it was Rick or somebody else it would seem like more of a stretch, but Laurie or some of the characters just do not seem like they are thinking things through in quite a few situations. she always seems a little frantic with her thinking, and i think what the writers were trying to tell us is without a leader in the area (hershel, Rick, Shane, and lastly Darryl) Laurie felt she had to do something to lead the group because the people in the house were looking like a mess starting at the girl dying or whatever she is doing. So when Darryl said no, she just dove right in without thinking...

ETA: So i guess, it is in the character of Laurie that something like that would happen, and that is what makes it more reasonable. She seems like she is trying to hold things together, but in reality she is not very capable of doing anything like that. Now if she drove down to the town with no problems and shot those 2 guys dead, then i think we would have a lot to argue about with the show
Not having read the comics, I wonder if it was simply an easy way to explain losing the baby, which allows for the possibility that
Herschel dies in the firefight that was shown in the previews.
not really a spoiler, just more of an answer to Tec's post above
no way to know, the bar scene was never in the comics. i think they are willing to jump around with the original comic, and i think they have built enough of an audience that some characters may come and go. Could happen, but Hershel plays more of a part in the comics

Dale....Really?...
I wish Shane would just knock Dale out cold and then take him to the middle of nowhere in the pickup truck and leave him for the lamebrains to get

not really a spoiler, just more of an answer to Tec's post above

no way to know, the bar scene was never in the comics. i think they are willing to jump around with the original comic, and i think they have built enough of an audience that some characters may come and go. Could happen, but Hershel plays more of a part in the comics
I think the key to the shows survival is the constant flow of the characters getting jacked up and dying. Without shocking moments like that, the show is a drag. They need to get forced into division again by some catastrophic event and then have to find a way to find each other, the farm is so ####ing boring.

An introduction of Michonne followed by a Governor appearance (or some of his minions - who we may have just seen) would go nicely here. Maybe a Governor search-party for the minions will now ensue.
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: There is simply too much badassery to keep that (first) character down any longer. I CANNOT wait for the introduction, but it will most likely be at the tail end of this season, and probably the last episode.

i liked the episode. They did a good job of filling in some action when the plot has some slow points. Getting Hershel was more of a character progression process, and throwing in the 2 randoms further moved Rick's character, but also created some drama to keep everyone engaged.

And you have to love Clutch playing the song to end the episode, Big thumbs up to the show for that

And potential spoiler for those who have read the comics

I think i will continue with my theory that Shane is the potential governor. They had T-Dogg seemingly taking Shane's side in a few scenes, and Darryl also pushing Rick away when he spoke to Laurie, and I could see them both go with Shane once some more characters from the comics into the T show, and later show up with Shane as the governor and their gang. It would be a good way to give some characters to the Governor's group that the TV audience could already identify with, and would make some further plot lines in that piece of the story. I don't think it would be bad to do this, but I also hope there are more surprises they have coming as well
:goodposting: playing "The Regulator" works well with Rick becoming more of a badass.

In the comic do they ever discuss ways strategies to survive? Is there any intellectual curiosity about the zombies?

For example, can the xombies "starve?"

Sigh. Anyone NOT see the car wreck coming?
It would be nice if everyone in this show wasn't so damned predictably stupid.
No kidding. How are these people the survivors?
Alright, what the hell, I'll bite. So you guys mean to tell us that a few months after the zombie apocalypse hits you would be driving down the road with full attention on the road? They haven't seen another moving car outside of theirs in who knows how long, and it would seem quite logical that they have used this road a few times before (i think they did with the scene with Shane and the blond hair girl driving back from something), so what in the world would you be anticipating crossing the street at that time. granted, she probably should know where she was going and not need a map to check like that driving, but I think it is perfectly believable that she would be driving to the town and not paying much attn because it wasn't needed, and then she somebody in the road and panics. I think you can chalk it up to bad luck and a desire to move the show along with different things happening to them rather then nice, peaceful drives back and forth every time.
1. Why did she feel the need to take off in the first place? Wasn't the plan for Rick and Short Round to find Hershel and then head back? Did she think she was going to speed up the process?2. Regardless of the lack of traffic paying attention to the road would be the smart thing to do. Unless I'm mistaken road maintenance isn't happening any more. Washed out bridge? Fallen trees? Random cars in the middle of the road etc.

3. Anyone on this show that takes off on their own is a dope. Still not sure why they haven't figured it out yet.
That was the big wtf moment for me. She had just finished lecturing Rick about how their boy needs him, then takes off on her own to potentially leave the kid an orphan. Genius!
Alright, good enough. 2 reasonable answers there. The only I can think of as a response though is that i don't think Laurie is one of the people i would want to depend on in a zombie apocalypse. Basically I guess, for her character, I wouldn't be that surprised to see something like that happen because she seems kind of dopey. If it was Rick or somebody else it would seem like more of a stretch, but Laurie or some of the characters just do not seem like they are thinking things through in quite a few situations. she always seems a little frantic with her thinking, and i think what the writers were trying to tell us is without a leader in the area (hershel, Rick, Shane, and lastly Darryl) Laurie felt she had to do something to lead the group because the people in the house were looking like a mess starting at the girl dying or whatever she is doing. So when Darryl said no, she just dove right in without thinking...

ETA: So i guess, it is in the character of Laurie that something like that would happen, and that is what makes it more reasonable. She seems like she is trying to hold things together, but in reality she is not very capable of doing anything like that. Now if she drove down to the town with no problems and shot those 2 guys dead, then i think we would have a lot to argue about with the show
Gee, ya think?

Pretty good episode aside from the car crash. I still can't believe nobody's shot Dale yet.
:shrug: I don't get all the hate for Dale.. Yes at times he comes off "whiny" and I could see how that could annoy people..But he is the only one right now seeing Shane for who he really is and is concerned that Shane would kill anyone if it benefited him.
Somebody has to have a conscience. Shane is pretty stupid and could quickly come to believe that all problems can be solved at gunpoint. There are plenty of people who believe that might makes right, as demonstrated in the following post (if I'm reading it right, if not, my apologies).
I still dont get the whole "get off my land" mindset. Its not really your land anymore Herschell.
The problem with Dale is that he thinks he's Plato but really he's a smug holier-than-thou dooshbag.

In the comic do they ever discuss ways strategies to survive? Is there any intellectual curiosity about the zombies?For example, can the xombies "starve?"
Yes to the first two questions
I've read the first 60 and saw none of that.
I've read them too. I recall the group, at least during the prison setting, having some discussions about the walkers/hordes, etc., and trying to figure them out more. Dont' think they were really intellectual or in-depth. At the very least, they were fleeting. Also, someone tied up a zombie out in the prison yard to study her, etc. This is the zombie that Sophia's mom eventually sacrificed herself to. I started reading this stuff over a year ago. Maybe I'm not recalling it correctly.

In the comic do they ever discuss ways strategies to survive? Is there any intellectual curiosity about the zombies?For example, can the xombies "starve?"
I've read them too. I recall the group, at least during the prison setting, having some discussions about the walkers/hordes, etc., and trying to figure them out more. Dont' think they were really intellectual or in-depth. At the very least, they were fleeting. Also, someone tied up a zombie out in the prison yard to study her, etc. This is the zombie that Sophia's mom eventually sacrificed herself to. I started reading this stuff over a year ago. Maybe I'm not recalling it correctly.
Good point, there was some - probably to satisfy all the people writing in to him.

Nope, you are correct, they tie the zombie up to study it. They also very early classify them as roamers and lurkers. To which the governors camp says the more accurate term is biters. They also determine that they are all infected and the bite does not actually cause them to rise again. But that they can amputate a bite and keep you alive. Peg Leg Dale.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope, you are correct, they tie the zombie up to study it. They also very early classify them as roamers and lurkers. To which the governors camp says the more accurate term is biters. They also determine that they are all infected and the bite does not actually cause them to rise again. But that they can amputate a bite and keep you alive. Peg Leg Dale.
I wouldn't classify anything they did as 'intellectual curiosity'. They figured some things out but these guys aren't rocket scientists.

Users who are viewing this thread