What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (10 Viewers)

So Beta was a Country singer.. glad we cleared that up.. and Carol goes to her dark place.. yet again... contemplating leaving the world, only to have yet another revelation she isn't ready to leave.   :mellow:  

Did enjoy the Daryl and Negan scenes.. Good laugh when Negan asked if his winning personality was making Daryl like him and Daryl's only thought was "time to leave"..
Also thought lining the Dead up as some kind of freak show along the streets was pretty funny..

Show actually is getting interesting now, to bad it took all season to get here, only to be done next week until who knows when. 

So Beta was a Country singer.. glad we cleared that up.. and Carol goes to her dark place.. yet again... contemplating leaving the world, only to have yet another revelation she isn't ready to leave.   :mellow:  

Did enjoy the Daryl and Negan scenes.. Good laugh when Negan asked if his winning personality was making Daryl like him and Daryl's only thought was "time to leave"..
Also thought lining the Dead up as some kind of freak show along the streets was pretty funny..

Show actually is getting interesting now, to bad it took all season to get here, only to be done next week until who knows when. 
Negan is one of the very few characters that is holding the series up, imo.  

Looking forward to seeing what Beta does with his new hoard.  Figured he would end up wearing alpha's skin as half his mask. 

The new girl has a killer weapon.  Lots of ammo stuffed into that one.  The lining of the streets was pretty funny.  Loved the cop giving a parking ticket.  

Agree on Carol.  Same old up and down Carol.  Ho hum.  

I did like the references to the Grove episode, one of my favorite episodes of the entire series.  Alpha doing her inner Lizzie with the "I'm sorry, don't be mad, don't be mad, I'm sorry" at Carol. And of course "just look at the flowers."  

I did like the references to the Grove episode, one of my favorite episodes of the entire series.  Alpha doing her inner Lizzie with the "I'm sorry, don't be mad, don't be mad, I'm sorry" at Carol. And of course "just look at the flowers."  
I haven’t watched yet so I’m confused about Alpha saying anything to Carol. Don’t worry, I don’t care about being spoiled, I’m just seeing this show until the end because I have to at this point. That said, man, when you think back to some of the great episodes it does really disappoint you more with where this show went. The Grove was awesome. Heck, I miss the hospital and Beth’s death. Back when we cared about the characters.

I haven’t watched yet so I’m confused about Alpha saying anything to Carol. Don’t worry, I don’t care about being spoiled, I’m just seeing this show until the end because I have to at this point. That said, man, when you think back to some of the great episodes it does really disappoint you more with where this show went. The Grove was awesome. Heck, I miss the hospital and Beth’s death. Back when we cared about the characters.
Yeah I liked a lot of the episodes in earlier seasons.  Grove, church massacre with red handle, Rick ripping the throat out of the guy.  Even Andrea's death sequence. 

Guess it isn't much of a spoiler since it aired last night but Carol sees Alpha in the woods (in her mind of course) as she leaves on her own again.  She is fighting with herself and Alpha keeps showing up sort of taunting her.  In the previews for this week after last week's episode, they show Carol walking through the woods and Alpha appears and says "I'm always watching."  Sort of like when Tyreese saw Lizzie, Beth and the governor as he was dying in that house.  I think they wanted us to believe Carol was dying in the woods this episode. 

Yeah I liked a lot of the episodes in earlier seasons.  Grove, church massacre with red handle, Rick ripping the throat out of the guy.  Even Andrea's death sequence. 

Guess it isn't much of a spoiler since it aired last night but Carol sees Alpha in the woods (in her mind of course) as she leaves on her own again.  She is fighting with herself and Alpha keeps showing up sort of taunting her.  In the previews for this week after last week's episode, they show Carol walking through the woods and Alpha appears and says "I'm always watching."  Sort of like when Tyreese saw Lizzie, Beth and the governor as he was dying in that house.  I think they wanted us to believe Carol was dying in the woods this episode. 
The Carl violation and throat bite was one of my favorite episodes. That dark time in the show was amazing. The “team” on the run was some of the best stuff. Remember them starving after the farm and Rick telling everyone that they carry the disease?

Gotcha on Carol. Another character who I really did before.

So lame to use one of the best phrases of entire show, "look at the flowers", for a Carol WWE get up just when you thought she was dead moment.  What a waste.

So lame to use one of the best phrases of entire show, "look at the flowers", for a Carol WWE get up just when you thought she was dead moment.  What a waste.
:shrug:   the entire episode was one big "look at the flowers"..
Negan and Daryl.. 
Ezekiel and his internal battle of continuing on or just giving up,
Carol and her mind tricks with Alpha..
and lastly Beta in the hotel room reliving his past.

1.How did the horse die?

2. How did beta get power to the radio?

3. what was written on the paper?

4.Why didnt we see Daryl bringing Negan back and the reaction from the town?  Wasnt that the entire purpose of the lead up?

Beta is basically being set up as the Apocalyptic Superman. No doubt he kills at least one major character. Hopefully that's Carol. 

pantherclub said:
1.How did the horse die?

4.Why didnt we see Daryl bringing Negan back and the reaction from the town?  Wasnt that the entire purpose of the lead up?
1.  Ezekiel killed it after it was bit by a walker. 

2. Beta max powered

3. "These 2 eyes see 1 truth"

4.  They are on their way last we see them.  It is the purpose of their lead up but not the overall purpose of the episode.  

pantherclub said:
1.How did the horse die?

1.  Ezekiel killed it after it was bit by a walker. 

2. Beta max powered

3. "These 2 eyes see 1 truth"

4.  They are on their way last we see them.  It is the purpose of their lead up but not the overall purpose of the episode.  
Episode ended with Carol at Alexandria's gate and Daryl opening it for her.
I agree would have been nice to see the reacting of Alexandria as he walked back in with Negan..
Maybe they'll have a quick flashback in the next episode, or they wee waiting for Carol to explain to the town..   :shrug:  

Episode ended with Carol at Alexandria's gate and Daryl opening it for her.
I agree would have been nice to see the reacting of Alexandria as he walked back in with Negan..
Maybe they'll have a quick flashback in the next episode, or they wee waiting for Carol to explain to the town..   :shrug:  
I think this is what they're planning. She came to the gate in the middle of the night. So I bet they lead off with a Negan introduction over breakfast with lots of townspeople jaws on the floor.

Now we wait until who knows when for the finale. For a lead up to the Finale it was a OK episode. No flashback to Negan's reintroduction to Alexandria was disappointing. 

Princess leading the group through a mine field just to make friends ..really? I get she's been alone for a year but walking people through a mine field wouldn't be my first thought.
Daryl and Negan in different scenes playing Foster Dad's.. Something tells me those two will be "friends" of sorts moving forward.
Other then for setting them up to be caught, there was absolutely no need for those two to be so close to the herd. Could easily been further away to track them. 
Interesting choice making Beth's hospital the hideout. seems like WAY to many places to defend as the previews for the finale showed.

With Covid delaying everything these 3 shows are going to be back-to-back-to-back when they restart.
Still no desire to watch FWD, but am intrigued to see how they plan to introduce us to the next big community.
Can't imagine it will be in the present time of TWD as they'd end up spoiling Rick's movies.. IF they still get made/released.

ETA - Finale trailer.. Maggie's return is imminent..  :popcorn:  

Last edited by a moderator:
Now we wait until who knows when for the finale. For a lead up to the Finale it was a OK episode. No flashback to Negan's reintroduction to Alexandria was disappointing. 

Princess leading the group through a mine field just to make friends ..really? I get she's been alone for a year but walking people through a mine field wouldn't be my first thought.
Daryl and Negan in different scenes playing Foster Dad's.. Something tells me those two will be "friends" of sorts moving forward.
Other then for setting them up to be caught, there was absolutely no need for those two to be so close to the herd. Could easily been further away to track them. 
Interesting choice making Beth's hospital the hideout. seems like WAY to many places to defend as the previews for the finale showed.

With Covid delaying everything these 3 shows are going to be back-to-back-to-back when they restart.
Still no desire to watch FWD, but am intrigued to see how they plan to introduce us to the next big community.
Can't imagine it will be in the present time of TWD as they'd end up spoiling Rick's movies.. IF they still get made/released.

So are there 3 episodes that haven't aired up to and including the finale of this season?  Or is the trailer with Maggine the season finale (just the one episode)?  

It's confusing.

Princess is goofy but cute.  Before they asked her why princess, I told my wife she sounds and looks a little like a young Sandra (from Survivor) and her name should have been Queen instead of princess.  Two minutes later she explained that Queen would seem too pompous or something.  We both said well she is certainly describing Sandra here.  

You'd think before they set out on their new bikes, they'd ask her about the gun stash she said she had.  After all, they are still in a war back at home.  

So are there 3 episodes that haven't aired up to and including the finale of this season?  Or is the trailer with Maggine the season finale (just the one episode)?  

It's confusing.
The finale is all that is left for TWD.. With all that they show in that trailer, have to think it is at least 90 minutes.. maybe longer..

My comment was that FWD, TWD and the New show will all be airing right behind each other with little break in-between.

Really comes down to how fast we kick Covid's butt and start getting back to normal life. 
If it drags out through summer who knows what they'll do. :oldunsure:  

Princess is goofy but cute.  Before they asked her why princess, I told my wife she sounds and looks a little like a young Sandra (from Survivor) and her name should have been Queen instead of princess.  Two minutes later she explained that Queen would seem too pompous or something.  We both said well she is certainly describing Sandra here.  

You'd think before they set out on their new bikes, they'd ask her about the gun stash she said she had.  After all, they are still in a war back at home.  
Yea, the trailer for the finale shows the group on bikes but, other then her gun I don't see any others.  :shrug:  

Yea, the trailer for the finale shows the group on bikes but, other then her gun I don't see any others.  :shrug:  
You'd think if they had a walkie talkie they could hide the guns and radio back to the group and tell them where to find them... at least.  Zeke wants to go back, let him grab a cart and take them back with him.

So they don't even have the whole season in the can when they start airing these things?  No wonder they suck so much.  Do we know if there is an episode or not next week?

Princess is the dumbest character since the crazy old black lady in FTWD.  She's Z Nation level of dumb comedy.

So they don't even have the whole season in the can when they start airing these things?  No wonder they suck so much.  Do we know if there is an episode or not next week?

Princess is the dumbest character since the crazy old black lady in FTWD.  She's Z Nation level of dumb comedy.
No episode this next week or for the foreseeable future. :mellow:  

The episodes are all Taped during the same time-frame( weeks/months). But they edit to add special effects, add cut scenes, etc. a couple weeks out from airing.
So, in the case of the Finale, they were close to finishing the final product when everything shutdown.  
They did state in an interview that they are close with the final product for the Finale, but no date set yet..

As for your last comment.. Pretty much what a lot of none Comic readers said about Negan's character at the beginning regarding him being WAY over the top..
I haven't read the comics to the point of Princess's introduction. But from what I've read in articles, the TV version is actually mellowed down a bit from the comic.

That crazy old lady ruined that show. Not that it was great but when the parents just started killing wholesale yo protect their kids, it got enjoyable. Infecting that show with TWD people brought the crazy lady and the stupid stuff.

One day, I swear to God one day I will quit this show.  So bad. 

Why was there a minefield in a random field in whatever city they were in?

Princess said she could get more guns, why in the hell would you not bee line to that location?

How did Beta know where to go?

Why didnt the whisperers immediately kill the dude with the metal arm?

So so so stupid.

I feel like trying to root for these camp clowns in like being a Brown's fan. You just know that no matter how hard you pull for them, they are going to lose. I mean, do they ever NOT botch a plan? Does anything they try ever work? You could put every bad guy on top of an explosive barrel and arm the entire camp with a rocket launcher and they'd still find a way to get killed or captured or, at the very least, force to flee. Seriously, was there ANY doubt in ANYONE'S mind here that those two assclowns would get captured? Any? Any at all? Of course not. It was a foregone conclusion.

One day, I swear to God one day I will quit this show.  So bad. 

How did Beta know where to go?
Beta saw the cat run across the path, at that point it was his best lead as he knew there was a trap probably setup at Oceanside.

and yea, you need to delete the show off your Timer/Watch list.. been over 2 years of you torturing yourself watching it, and then torturing us with your posts  ;)  

Beta saw the cat run across the path, at that point it was his best lead as he knew there was a trap probably setup at Oceanside.

and yea, you need to delete the show off your Timer/Watch list.. been over 2 years of you torturing yourself watching it, and then torturing us with your posts  ;)  
I dont understand about the cat?  Was it an epiphany or did he see a clue it was a trap?

Its been longer than 2 years.  And from the looks of things its going to be a while before we can complain again.

I feel like trying to root for these camp clowns in like being a Brown's fan. You just know that no matter how hard you pull for them, they are going to lose. I mean, do they ever NOT botch a plan? Does anything they try ever work? You could put every bad guy on top of an explosive barrel and arm the entire camp with a rocket launcher and they'd still find a way to get killed or captured or, at the very least, force to flee. Seriously, was there ANY doubt in ANYONE'S mind here that those two assclowns would get captured? Any? Any at all? Of course not. It was a foregone conclusion.
They were twenty feet from the walkers, it was almost impossible to miss them. I’d assume that the show folks are going to say Beta saw them at the windmill which honestly was dumb too. They made no noise.

Honestly, Beta finding the hospital was a joke. The whole whisperer along the walkers thing has been done so poorly. They literally wear one dried out mask and that masks there smell and their actions. Beta stops and pulls out a knife and the other one stops and says sorry but no walkers move? No walkers even left for Princess in a city but Beta plays a little music and he can single handedly lead a thousand walkers to his camp and then a small group Alexandria without losing a single one?

Also, how many whisperers are there? They are like Dany’s Dothraki. Bunches of them killed and what looked like a camp of 30 or so and they just multiple when more are needed. 

Please tell me you’re joking about the cat. Did the whisperers actually know about Oceanside? I know I heard Beta talking to the walker about it but did they actually know?

I don’t think the two captured would have told Beta about the hospital so I really hope he didn’t follow a cat, which didn’t even look like the same one.

We’ll probably forget anyway since who knows when the finale will be aired. 

Please tell me you’re joking about the cat. Did the whisperers actually know about Oceanside? I know I heard Beta talking to the walker about it but did they actually know?

I don’t think the two captured would have told Beta about the hospital so I really hope he didn’t follow a cat, which didn’t even look like the same one.

1. What about the minefield?

2. Why not load up on guns if princess had some?  Surely a m249 SAW would be better than a compound bow.

They foreshadowed the "cat"  a couple of times throughout the show.  Beta is in his lala land of thinking he is talking to the Dead,  asks for a sign/help, sees a cat run across the path and decides that is a sign as there are few living domestic animals left and starts heading that way. Real world logic :no:   but about par for this show.

Yes, the whispers knew of Hilltop, Alexandria, Oceanside and the Kingdom.. Hilltop and Kingdom have been destroyed and Alexandria was abandoned, thus they started to head to Oceanside and why Beta felt it was a trap.  

Also the whole lead up to negan being a plant and he finally kills alpha and then ta da I am back with the group and nobody says anything.  Why not show him coming back with Daryl?

Also the whole lead up to negan being a plant and he finally kills alpha and then ta da I am back with the group and nobody says anything.  Why not show him coming back with Daryl?
That was dumb.. No one in that community, other then Judith and Carol trusted him..
So at least give us a short, "he killed Alpha but is on a short leash" scene.
Instead we fast forward to the Hospital where he is walking around cooking and just part of the group now.. :thumbdown:  

I just want the whisperers to be over. It’s run it’s course at this point. It started off so well. The dread that Eugene and Rosita felt when the walkers walked by talking was such a good start. Then they had to bring us Alpha and Beta as if we really cared about them. They should have dragged out the scariness and had them picking off people one by one. Like Daryl said in this episode, we missed when they were just wandering trying to survive. Easily could have gone back there if communities were in disarray and couldn’t get out to get supplies. Instead, we found out they were humans immediately and we got the fair and the movies. SMH.

I just want the whisperers to be over. It’s run it’s course at this point. It started off so well. The dread that Eugene and Rosita felt when the walkers walked by talking was such a good start. Then they had to bring us Alpha and Beta as if we really cared about them. They should have dragged out the scariness and had them picking off people one by one. Like Daryl said in this episode, we missed when they were just wandering trying to survive. Easily could have gone back there if communities were in disarray and couldn’t get out to get supplies. Instead, we found out they were humans immediately and we got the fair and the movies. SMH.
good chance you get your wish.. The Trailer for the finale has everyone that isn't around being told..

My guess ( complete guess on my part) is the little tidbit with Maggie is wherever she has been, she brings them to help to clear out the Whispers and the Herd and sets up next season with the new community.   :shrug:

Did a new episode air on Sunday? I dont have anything on my DVR but I dont know who princess is and dont recall any minefields. 

Last episode I saw was Carol coming back and Ezekial being in some major city with zombies used as decoration. 

Did a new episode air on Sunday? I dont have anything on my DVR but I dont know who princess is and dont recall any minefields. 

Last episode I saw was Carol coming back and Ezekial being in some major city with zombies used as decoration. 
Yes you missed an episode.

I never saw TWD until recently when I powered through the entire 9 season on Netflix and the 10th season on AMC.COM.  This is also my first visit to this thread and I just read the last page - but it actually covers something I was wondering about.  Some of the episodes seemed slow or filler which isn't toooo bad when binge watching but I wondered if the show would keep my interest if I have to watch it normally.  Seems like I won't like it as much.

The end is officially near

I think many would say it is ending about 6 years to late ;)  
In addition to the upcoming Daryl and Carol series current spinoffs Fear the Walking Dead, starting its sixth season on October 11, and the October 4th premiering YA two-season long The Walking Dead: World Beyond, AMC and Gimple are developing a Tales of The Walking Dead anthology series. Episodic in format, Tales will likely focus on individual characters from the clearly expanding Deadverse, both new and old.
Splitting the final season into two years, :yucky:  Also mentions of possible Maggie and/or Negan centered spin-offs too. Just keep :deadhorse:   AMC. The anthology series is also about 5 or 6 years too late - that's what they should have done instead of FTWD as many mentioned in this thread and the other thread years ago.

You can't have a show where the drama and conflict is ALWAYS driven by the characters making completely irrational and absurdly bad choices.

These are the cream of the crop who have managed to survive for a decade despite the complete and utter collapse of society. Those types of people wouldn't make the kinds of decisions these characters now make.

Glad the show is FINALLY ending. Wish they would just abstain from any additional spinoffs, but if SOMEONE is gonna watch, I guess they're gonna do it.

Splitting the final season into two years, :yucky:  Also mentions of possible Maggie and/or Negan centered spin-offs too. Just keep :deadhorse:   AMC. The anthology series is also about 5 or 6 years too late - that's what they should have done instead of FTWD as many mentioned in this thread and the other thread years ago.
It mentions potential spinoffs, but specifically says there is no indication of a Negan or Maggie-centered show. 

Users who are viewing this thread