What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can you negotiate with DirecTV? (2 Viewers)

Mine shut off 9/17. Set up an appointment with Dish for installation on 9/26. Hoping the boxes will arrive in the meantime with a "special offer" flyer but if not- it's been a good run.

Mine shut off 9/17. Set up an appointment with Dish for installation on 9/26. Hoping the boxes will arrive in the meantime with a "special offer" flyer but if not- it's been a good run.
Why wouldn't you just call back today and say you got a winback email.   I've gotten the boxes the other years and nothing was in them anyways.

Christ I still have to call in lol

Why wouldn't you just call back today and say you got a winback email.   I've gotten the boxes the other years and nothing was in them anyways.

Christ I still have to call in lol
I got an email right after I posted. You don't even get boxes now - you just have to bring the receiver to a UPS store and they take it from there. I've been trying every number in this thread but they're offering nothing. I had nothing but trouble with them last year and I'm sure they're done with me at this point. I'll try one last time before I unplug it all and send it back.

I got an email right after I posted. You don't even get boxes now - you just have to bring the receiver to a UPS store and they take it from there. I've been trying every number in this thread but they're offering nothing. I had nothing but trouble with them last year and I'm sure they're done with me at this point. I'll try one last time before I unplug it all and send it back.
Feel your pain. Disconnected the same day and I've tried 4 numbers from here and they say there is nothing available for me.

Last year was the best year for me as far as deals.

I may try once more tomorrow, but I think the  ride is over.

Got an offer from Dish with a gift card and free red zone so I guess 17 years was a good run.

Got the first statement after renewing, and it was missing $40 of the $55/mo credit.  Called & they said it was clearly "in the notes" and should have been applied & will be sorted in 5-7 days & they will call or email when it is sorted.  In the meantime, I only have a $15/mo credit for this month and then $40/mo for 1 year will start next month (which will end 2 mos after I cancel next year - so there is that to deal with).

I did the $200 gift card today, and they have already credited my account for the other $100 (was offered a $300 gift card).

Definitely taking more calls this year to get it all straightened out this year.

On the bright side, I should have only one more call to request a one time credit of $40 for this month, then another call to cancel the movie channels - and I discovered I am under no contract (not the 1 year contract I thought I had).

So far they have delivered on everything they have promised, and I have had to babysit them every step of the way.

Got the first statement after renewing, and it was missing $40 of the $55/mo credit.  Called & they said it was clearly "in the notes" and should have been applied & will be sorted in 5-7 days & they will call or email when it is sorted.  In the meantime, I only have a $15/mo credit for this month and then $40/mo for 1 year will start next month (which will end 2 mos after I cancel next year - so there is that to deal with).

I did the $200 gift card today, and they have already credited my account for the other $100 (was offered a $300 gift card).

Definitely taking more calls this year to get it all straightened out this year.

On the bright side, I should have only one more call to request a one time credit of $40 for this month, then another call to cancel the movie channels - and I discovered I am under no contract (not the 1 year contract I thought I had).

So far they have delivered on everything they have promised, and I have had to babysit them every step of the way.
How many weeks did it take for GC to come?

I keep getting emails to call and come back even though I already did.

Read an article that ATT fired an exec that wasn't interested enough or moving fast enough to unload DirecTV. Speculation was the regulatory environment is such now that they could get an approval of a merger or sale to Dish. Problem is Dish is smaller. Would be similar to the Sirius XM merger.

They keep flim-flamming me on a credit for Sunday Ticket where they charged me for the first installment(48.99). It's taken 4 chats and still not resolved. It was supposed to be done immediately, then the next week, then on the next monthly bill - now I still have to wait for the next monthly bill. And since I was on autopay it went through on the higher bill. Each time its a different excuse. Then had to spend 45 minutes on phone asking where my GC was at - all throughout this the reps act as if they are doing me a favor. "So glad I could fix this for you!" They are so effin clueless. I wish the NFL had some other alternative to get the games I want.

Gotta love these guys. Disconnection went through 9/17. Got email, called the number in the email, listened to the offer and turned it down. This morning get another email saying service had been disconnected 9/19. No big deal, right? A couple of hours later, I get a bill for the period of 9/19 - 10/18 for $204 (premiere pkg w/no discounts.) Call them back at the same number, guy transfers me to the lowest depths of "customer service" where I finally get it confirmed that they fixed the problem. For some reason, I have no faith.  All I can figure is the guy last night must have reactivated the account to look for discounts and that somehow screwed everything up. Now I just have to wait until 10/3 to see if they debit my account because I can't log in to delete my checking acct. info. Also - I still have TV. WTF???

I keep getting emails to call and come back even though I already did.

Read an article that ATT fired an exec that wasn't interested enough or moving fast enough to unload DirecTV. Speculation was the regulatory environment is such now that they could get an approval of a merger or sale to Dish. Problem is Dish is smaller. Would be similar to the Sirius XM merger.

Gotta love these guys. Disconnection went through 9/17. Got email, called the number in the email, listened to the offer and turned it down. This morning get another email saying service had been disconnected 9/19. No big deal, right? A couple of hours later, I get a bill for the period of 9/19 - 10/18 for $204 (premiere pkg w/no discounts.) Call them back at the same number, guy transfers me to the lowest depths of "customer service" where I finally get it confirmed that they fixed the problem. For some reason, I have no faith.  All I can figure is the guy last night must have reactivated the account to look for discounts and that somehow screwed everything up. Now I just have to wait until 10/3 to see if they debit my account because I can't log in to delete my checking acct. info. Also - I still have TV. WTF???
STILL not a single communication trying to get me back. WTF?!!! DTV   :lmao:

As someone who left, I'm doing okay with my Roku.  Its not the same as DirecTV but I just watch all the free stuff. I haven't gotten any paid services.  LOL

I am going to likely try to set up some streaming that was posted earlier in this thread.  I just haven't had a moment with work and kids.

So, I cancelled partway through the month and they still left me charged for the entire month for at least 30-45 days.  Then I eventually got credit for the time of the month that I had cancelled.  So if you cancel, I recommend you wait a while before you pay any balance.

Finally, I sent back my boxes and they still charged me.  I got on the chat and the woman confirmed the boxes were received and the charges were going to be credited in 5 days. 

I'm starting to wonder if they put all these charges out there and those with autopay (which I never do), just get hit and DirecTV hopes they won't complain?

Regardless, good riddance DirecTV.

Update. I got yet another sorry to see you go email yesterday with a number to call for a "great offer." I call and end up with the usual free ST Max, $200 gift card and 2 credits totaling $59/ mo. off for a year w/ no commitment. Even got the exact amount I would be billed from the rep. This morning I get my statement and it has the $5 credit bot not the $54. I called and spent almost an hour getting ESL'd,  disconnected, transferred etc. before I finally just gave up. Went to the website and the chat appears to be disabled. It seems impossible to actually get someone who can actually help. I should have known better since I went through a similar hassle last year but the deep discounts I ended up getting for that actually had me foolishly forgiving them. Guess I'll try the BBB next. Maybe that will get their attention?

As someone who left, I'm doing okay with my Roku.  Its not the same as DirecTV but I just watch all the free stuff. I haven't gotten any paid services.  LOL

I am going to likely try to set up some streaming that was posted earlier in this thread.  I just haven't had a moment with work and kids.

So, I cancelled partway through the month and they still left me charged for the entire month for at least 30-45 days.  Then I eventually got credit for the time of the month that I had cancelled.  So if you cancel, I recommend you wait a while before you pay any balance.

Finally, I sent back my boxes and they still charged me.  I got on the chat and the woman confirmed the boxes were received and the charges were going to be credited in 5 days. 

I'm starting to wonder if they put all these charges out there and those with autopay (which I never do), just get hit and DirecTV hopes they won't complain?

Regardless, good riddance DirecTV.
Give YouTube TV a try. Really good, IMO, with an excellent interface.

got my card today - it was a little over 3 weeks I think ...pretty quick really.

also got a notice that yet another local channel holding company wants more money and we're going to lose our ABC affliliate ...####.  

I really don't want to mess with an antennae, but guess I may have to

got my card today - it was a little over 3 weeks I think ...pretty quick really.

also got a notice that yet another local channel holding company wants more money and we're going to lose our ABC affliliate ...####.  

I really don't want to mess with an antennae, but guess I may have to
How long did it take for the card to show up in the Rewards Center?

I've seen all of the issues with local channels possibly being dropped due to disagreements with the broadcast companies that own the local stations. This morning we wake up and 2 of our 3 TVs aren't getting any local channels. The 2 not receiving the channels are both SD receivers while the HD receiver is getting the channels on HD but not the SD channels. Call the regular 800 customer service # and get the canned speech about negotiations with companies owning local stations. Explain that isn't the problem since it is more than 1 local channel involved and we are getting all of them on HD channels but not SD channels. Rep gives me a new number call for tech support. Give that number a call, go through the whole explanation again, they ask if I've tried disconnecting receivers and other troubleshooting solutions. Tell them yes and they give me another number for tech support. Call that number, explain once again what is happening, and the rep says yes, we know about it, it is a software problem affecting SD receivers and channels, we will let you know when it is fixed.

First, why couldn't that message be given as soon as I called in, either by the rep or by a recorded message? Second, why is it still an issue over 12 hours later? Just unbelievable!

This company I tell you...

In earlier posts, I documented my saga this year which involved an executive complaint, BBB complaint and too many calls to mention. Got the standard 40ish percent discount, free ST max, movie channels and $200 GC. Had trouble with my GC redemption and they said it was taking a while this year for some reason so they could either escalate it to some department or supervisor or just give me an extra $200 credit on my bill and be done. Since I didn't want to do any more waiting, I took the $200 credit. Got a confirmation e-mail shortly after and logged into my account and it was on there.

Yesterday while I'm at work my wife sends me a picture saying "Look what came!" and lo and behold, it was as $200 gift card from them. 😂 I went through the activation process wary that it would be canceled or something but worked just fine. So in addition to the $200 credit they still sent me an extra $200 GC. Given the fact that I had to go scorched earth on them and waste countless hours of time on the phone and writing e-mails, I'll call this extra - and very rare - gift from them even.

I contacted Directv to check on the status of my refund of my credit balance. After 35 minutes, all I can say is, I'm glad I switched to Dish. Still don't know if/when I'll get my refund. :doh:

I am with Direct in Montana and we have lost our local ABC and FOX channels and I heard NBC may be next.  Is this happening elsewhere or is it a regional thing?  If the wife can't get her Grey's Anatomy I may be cancelling for real this time regardless of what they throw at me.

I am with Direct in Montana and we have lost our local ABC and FOX channels and I heard NBC may be next.  Is this happening elsewhere or is it a regional thing?  If the wife can't get her Grey's Anatomy I may be cancelling for real this time regardless of what they throw at me.
If I was affected by these I'd definitely call and complain. They should at least throw some credits your way.

we were without the NBC affiliate in this last go around ...now we're set to lose the CBS affiliate until things get worked out.  

Was without CBS in the Nexstar debacle for a long time.

I was told my gc was sent 9/3 and haven't seen anything yet.
Called the AT&T Rewards line on Monday to check on this. Waited over an hour on hold. Got halfway through the tracking process and was asked for my 4-digit PIN. I told him I'd never been asked for a PIN before on any of my contacts with DTV and didn't think I had one. He says "Well, this is AT&T now and you need to give me your PIN or I can't help you." I tried the 3 PINS I normally use for such things (thinking maybe I forgot doing it) and none worked, resulting in my account being locked. He told me I'd have to go through customer service to reset the PIN because he couldn't do that. Called customer service--another 20 minutes on hold and 20 minutes to reset. Customer service woman says she'll check on my card and reports that although she can see it listed in my incentive list, she can't see it actually being rewarded, so I need to go back to AT&T Rewards. I tell her that the DTV rep told me on 9/6 that it had been mailed on 9/3 and she says "I can't see that it was mailed.  Call AT&T Rewards."   Call ATT&T Rewards again yesterday. Another hour + on hold. This time I have the PIN which I got on Monday. Rewards woman says "I don't see a rewards card in your account. How much was it supposed to be?" I tell her $200 and again explain what I was told on 9/6.  She says, "well, it wasn't sent. I'll get it moving now and you should receive it in 3-4 weeks." 

Amazing customer service.

Last edited by a moderator:
My experience with Winback has unfortunately been very different than others in this thread. Have been with DirecTV for 6 years total (2 years from 2012-2014, then 2015-present). Wasn't able to get the ticket free last year but was offered $60 off / month for 12 months which was enough to keep me with them.  Called ~2 weeks ago and scheduled disconnection for 9/25 after being offered only $12 / month off the ticket with no other discounts. Called Winback today (888-333-0804) and was originally offered a $200 Visa giftcard and free ticket (not Max), with the agent then looking into discounts on the Choice package / movie channels. After a brief hold, she said she had to transfer me since I live in an MDU (apartment complex). MDU department said she was wrong and they only handled setting up new service, sent me back to Winback where I was then told there were no promotions on my account. Called back a second time and was offered only a $100 gift card with no ticket or any promotions. Currently beyond frustrated after wasting an hour of my time. May try giving them another call tomorrow or Monday, but otherwise looks like I'll be going to YouTube TV. 

I don’t want to get into all the details of the calls and time on hold but it was much worse than prior years. Suffice to say once you’ve gotten disconnected and use the WINBACK word, only the Winback Dept. 888-333-0804 can help you, which is great because they answer faster. Other depts say they can help, and you’ve reached the right VIP Dept. but it turns out they can’t.

Ultimate Pkg with 2 TVs 

ST Max Free

HBO Showtime Starz Cinemax 3 months free

$300 Visa gift card. Had to ask to up it from $200. Said he’s never given $300 before.

$50 off per month. They would not go to $60 off. First year I didn’t get at least $60 off.

Bill now $94.12. 

*Need to call to cancel movie channels and ST Max.
:blackdot:

Got an unpleasant surprise in my bill today. 

The first bill I got showed all of the discounts.  The second bill that arrived today showed no discounts - charged fully for the the 3 movie channels and zero of the $64 discount.  

After spending 45 minutes on the phone ...I was told the discounts were applied too soon - I didn't accept that but was disconnected when she put me on hold yet again.  

Gonna have to try tomorrow to get it squared away.  

I am late to the game this year because I have been dreading the call and putting it off as long as possible. (Have been playing the game for years and have gotten free ST MAX, gift card, big discounts every year. Sometimes husband and I just cancel and sign up in others persons name so as of now we did still have 12 months left on contract...yes I know that doesn't matter at all as that always goes away once you reconnect) So, after reading this year that more people having problems with getting the "deal" we set up disconnect few weeks ago to cancel at end of billing cycle month. Service cancelled as of last night at midnight. I called the win-back number tonight (888-333-0804)  We have 4 receivers Xtra package bill just went up to around $156 after first year credits expired. First lady (I think Sam but no one I talked to spoke English very well so I'm not sure)  She was fairly helpful and after explaining that we're happy to lower our package to Choice and drop one wireless box so we only have 3 total she immediately offers Free Sunday Ticket Max, $200 gift card for $72.99 month. (before taxes)  She confirms that the credit we have on account ($52.37 from the one month of ST we got charged on auto-renew before I cancelled it would still be there and no cancellation fees) I tell her (thanks to this thread) "Well a co-worker of mine who went through this recently got $300 gift card" She pauses about 10 seconds and says yep no problem, you're eligible for the $300 gift card. All in all if I could go back in time I would have taken this deal. (At this point had only waited on hold about 8 minutes to talk to someone and spent about 20 minutes with her) Well I had to push it a little more and said "well my co-worker is also only paying about $38/month plus tax for the same thing after just taking a win-back deal" So she explains that maybe the loyalty dept can add more credits and she wants to check for me. I say ok...then 15 minutes on hold then I start getting the "please hold for the next available agent" I am realizing uh-oh this isn't good. Needless to say I was then connected to cancellation-loyalty dept who had no idea what I'm talking about. I call main win-back number again---wait 10 minutes for a less helpful less english speaking person (I thought she said Paris but apparently it was Lee)...there is no record of my previous conversation with "Sam" so I start over but she can't even access my account. Says her computer needs an update and she needs to talk to a supervisor. Then of course...on hold FOREVER and finally hang up because I think we're disconnected again! I make some work calls and get a weird California number calling me so I click over and it's actually "Lee" calling me back. I think wow, this is nice for a change! She apologizes and  I start from the beginning and she quotes me $83.99 for the EXACT same deal. I tell her well...this is worse than last time I'm going to hang up with you and call right back to get someone else! She tells me to hold on she wants to help and then we get disconnected. I'm playing a drinking game at this point and pouring another drink every time I get disconnected or put on hold! I wait 15 minutes and decide to give it another try. Call same number and get "Nellie" I think and I can understand her the least of the 3. She asks how many receivers I need..I say I'll drop one so we would have 3. She immediately quotes $99.48 for choice package which is $5 off per month.  I say wait, what?? THIS is your win-back offer? $5 off month? You're kidding right? More what I'm looking for is you add a zero to that and make it $50 off/month with free ST Max and $300 gift card. She pauses for about 20 seconds and says...yeah ok no problem. Throws in movie channels for 3 months and says $74.48/month before tax. I ask for any other discounts she says I have to call loyalty dept after service is reconnected but here's the thing...she doesn't reconnect my service. Gives me a different number to call when I'm ready to reconnect (800-288-2020 and ask for the win-back dept and tell them what day to turn my service back on) Then she says after that to wait 24-72 hours for service to activate then visit www.directv.com/redeem to activate my gift card. I'm so confused...apparently I got the deal but didn't get the deal until I call back a different number. I'm exhausted and too old for this!  Oh and moral of the story is sometimes the first deal is the best...I wish I had taken door #1 as that was a pleasant call and I would have only about a half hour invested (all in all I spent about 2-2 1/2 hours on the phone with them)and would have TV back on !

I am late to the game this year because I have been dreading the call and putting it off as long as possible. (Have been playing the game for years and have gotten free ST MAX, gift card, big discounts every year. Sometimes husband and I just cancel and sign up in others persons name so as of now we did still have 12 months left on contract...yes I know that doesn't matter at all as that always goes away once you reconnect) So, after reading this year that more people having problems with getting the "deal" we set up disconnect few weeks ago to cancel at end of billing cycle month. Service cancelled as of last night at midnight. I called the win-back number tonight (888-333-0804)  We have 4 receivers Xtra package bill just went up to around $156 after first year credits expired. First lady (I think Sam but no one I talked to spoke English very well so I'm not sure)  She was fairly helpful and after explaining that we're happy to lower our package to Choice and drop one wireless box so we only have 3 total she immediately offers Free Sunday Ticket Max, $200 gift card for $72.99 month. (before taxes)  She confirms that the credit we have on account ($52.37 from the one month of ST we got charged on auto-renew before I cancelled it would still be there and no cancellation fees) I tell her (thanks to this thread) "Well a co-worker of mine who went through this recently got $300 gift card" She pauses about 10 seconds and says yep no problem, you're eligible for the $300 gift card. All in all if I could go back in time I would have taken this deal. (At this point had only waited on hold about 8 minutes to talk to someone and spent about 20 minutes with her) Well I had to push it a little more and said "well my co-worker is also only paying about $38/month plus tax for the same thing after just taking a win-back deal" So she explains that maybe the loyalty dept can add more credits and she wants to check for me. I say ok...then 15 minutes on hold then I start getting the "please hold for the next available agent" I am realizing uh-oh this isn't good. Needless to say I was then connected to cancellation-loyalty dept who had no idea what I'm talking about. I call main win-back number again---wait 10 minutes for a less helpful less english speaking person (I thought she said Paris but apparently it was Lee)...there is no record of my previous conversation with "Sam" so I start over but she can't even access my account. Says her computer needs an update and she needs to talk to a supervisor. Then of course...on hold FOREVER and finally hang up because I think we're disconnected again! I make some work calls and get a weird California number calling me so I click over and it's actually "Lee" calling me back. I think wow, this is nice for a change! She apologizes and  I start from the beginning and she quotes me $83.99 for the EXACT same deal. I tell her well...this is worse than last time I'm going to hang up with you and call right back to get someone else! She tells me to hold on she wants to help and then we get disconnected. I'm playing a drinking game at this point and pouring another drink every time I get disconnected or put on hold! I wait 15 minutes and decide to give it another try. Call same number and get "Nellie" I think and I can understand her the least of the 3. She asks how many receivers I need..I say I'll drop one so we would have 3. She immediately quotes $99.48 for choice package which is $5 off per month.  I say wait, what?? THIS is your win-back offer? $5 off month? You're kidding right? More what I'm looking for is you add a zero to that and make it $50 off/month with free ST Max and $300 gift card. She pauses for about 20 seconds and says...yeah ok no problem. Throws in movie channels for 3 months and says $74.48/month before tax. I ask for any other discounts she says I have to call loyalty dept after service is reconnected but here's the thing...she doesn't reconnect my service. Gives me a different number to call when I'm ready to reconnect (800-288-2020 and ask for the win-back dept and tell them what day to turn my service back on) Then she says after that to wait 24-72 hours for service to activate then visit www.directv.com/redeem to activate my gift card. I'm so confused...apparently I got the deal but didn't get the deal until I call back a different number. I'm exhausted and too old for this!  Oh and moral of the story is sometimes the first deal is the best...I wish I had taken door #1 as that was a pleasant call and I would have only about a half hour invested (all in all I spent about 2-2 1/2 hours on the phone with them)and would have TV back on !
Something similar happened to me last year and it was a giant PIA. Took two months to straighten out and never got a GC.  

GLFG

Something similar happened to me last year and it was a giant PIA. Took two months to straighten out and never got a GC.  

GLFG
Yeah this is the first time they told me I would have to log into a website after a certain period of time, they have always been mailed to my house in the past. Also there were other weird comments like when one of the ladies told me that is was for 12 months of service only. She said this is a 12 month service period only and that after 12 months my service would automatically disconnect and I would have to call back in if I would like to continue the service past the 12 months. I'm thinking, yeah I know how this works and that is definitely not how this works! The bill is going to be about $50-$60 more in month 13

Yeah this is the first time they told me I would have to log into a website after a certain period of time, they have always been mailed to my house in the past. Also there were other weird comments like when one of the ladies told me that is was for 12 months of service only. She said this is a 12 month service period only and that after 12 months my service would automatically disconnect and I would have to call back in if I would like to continue the service past the 12 months. I'm thinking, yeah I know how this works and that is definitely not how this works! The bill is going to be about $50-$60 more in month 13
I quit them finally after 22 years.  Right as my last deal was up they coincidentally stopped emailing my bill which was going on my cc.  So I didn't even notice my bill went up about $60 a month for two months.  Then all they offered was free movie channels, which I would never watch, to keep me. 

My saga continues...just tried the other win-back number 855-267-4160. CSR Mark could not pull up my 8 digit account number, said it should be 9 digits and told me to call his co-worker sitting right next to him who could help me at 800-531-5000. I guess I'll try the other win-back  number again.....

My saga continues...just tried the other win-back number 855-267-4160. CSR Mark could not pull up my 8 digit account number, said it should be 9 digits and told me to call his co-worker sitting right next to him who could help me at 800-531-5000. I guess I'll try the other win-back  number again.....
This is by far the most ridiculous year ever doing this. Have since talked to 2 different people now quoting me $91.12/month. Walter from Guatemala initially told me $121 for tv and internet. I'm not sure where the internet came from and why he tried to throw that in. I told them that's gonna be a no from me. Finally decide to call the number the lady last night told me would be the "win-back" reconnect dept for the $74.48 rate. After another long wait on hold the AT&T billing department answered and had no idea what I'm talking about. Still on hold with her trying to get me to the right department but I'm not holding my breath. I've got about 4-5 hours at least invested in this BS now

Got an email reminder today to return my equipment to avoid fees even though I reupped before the actual disconnect date. Called and they confirmed they see my account is active with no pending orders and can see the cancellation of the disconnect. Told me to ignore the email. I'm skeptical that I won't see another of these notices in a couple weeks trying to charge me for not returning the equipment. They really need to do a thorough audit and clean up of their processes. Pretty ridiculous.

cap'n grunge said:
Got an email reminder today to return my equipment to avoid fees even though I reupped before the actual disconnect date. Called and they confirmed they see my account is active with no pending orders and can see the cancellation of the disconnect. Told me to ignore the email. I'm skeptical that I won't see another of these notices in a couple weeks trying to charge me for not returning the equipment. They really need to do a thorough audit and clean up of their processes. Pretty ridiculous.
I got the same email a couple days after my re-connect. Also got boxes delivered to use. I ignored both and haven't heard anything since.

This is it for me.  I am done after this season.  I was on hold for 1.5 hrs (thank god for speakerphone where I could just set aside until I actually heard a human being) for the reward card.  I never received the claim mailing.  THey went ahead and bypassed the claim process and are mailing it to me, should take 2-3 weeks max he said.  

I may just use the reward card to pay my ETF once the NFL season is over and cancel then....   I've never been so disgusted with a company in a long time.

If the NFL were smart, they'd veer away from DirecTv for the ST.

This is it for me.  I am done after this season.  I was on hold for 1.5 hrs (thank god for speakerphone where I could just set aside until I actually heard a human being) for the reward card.  I never received the claim mailing.  THey went ahead and bypassed the claim process and are mailing it to me, should take 2-3 weeks max he said.  

I may just use the reward card to pay my ETF once the NFL season is over and cancel then....   I've never been so disgusted with a company in a long time.

If the NFL were smart, they'd veer away from DirecTv for the ST.
DTV is so, so bad at actually executing what they promise.  It can't possibly be worth it to them to do it that way on purpose so I have to assume it's regular incompetence.  I will probably never be a cord cutter because I value convenience more than money, but it's not very convenient to make a call every month to figure out why the bill is wrong, you never got a GCard, free channels didn't show up, etc.  I'm considering switching next time as well.

Looks like I'll be playing the game a while longer. DTV has the NFL thru 2022 season. For some reason I thought this was the last season. So at least 3 more times doing the song and dance.
Actually there is an opt out after the 2019 season, so it's a strong possibility the NFL opts out to enter the streaming market.

Looks like I'll be playing the game a while longer. DTV has the NFL thru 2022 season. For some reason I thought this was the last season. So at least 3 more times doing the song and dance.
Dump their pathetic a ss. I dumped them back in August and I've still managed to get all the NFL games Red Zone included.

Users who are viewing this thread