What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Antonio Brown, FA (15 Viewers)

He is the opposite of everything the Bills are trying to build.  They are trying to build a “team”.  Brown is probably the most selfish, me first, locker room cancer.  He is going to be in Josh’s ear and could seriously hurt his progress.  

Plus, he’s going to hate this trade so you know he’s not going to be a good camper out there.  Wouldn’t be surprised if he says no, and doesn’t show up. 
I don't know his reaction to the trade but I'm guessing they make him happy with a contract.

I've debated this for months and I'm worn out but I don't think he's nearly the selfish cancer it's become easy to portray him these past few months. I think it just ignores what has mainly been a very positive presence and things like his work ethic setting a tone should not be underestimated. Again done debating it, but if you would listen to me on anything I'd just encourage you to enjoy this. Put away your negative pre-conceived notions, give him a chance because he's a great player and if things go well you don't want to be so caught up in the hate you miss how great of a player you just got.

I don't know his reaction to the trade but I'm guessing they make him happy with a contract.

I've debated this for months and I'm worn out but I don't think he's nearly the selfish cancer it's become easy to portray him these past few months. I think it just ignores what has mainly been a very positive presence and things like his work ethic setting a tone should not be underestimated. Again done debating it, but if you would listen to me on anything I'd just encourage you to enjoy this. Put away your negative pre-conceived notions, give him a chance because he's a great player and if things go well you don't want to be so caught up in the hate you miss how great of a player you just got.
Only if he shaves off that ridiculous mustache.   :)

AB says this is fake news!!!
I saw that NFL Network report but I can't find it on twitter or Insta. Have you seen it? When the guy on NFLN said he looked like he wanted to back out.  Wondering if that report he said it was fake news was in fact fake news.

Bottom 3 for sure.

Steeler fans who hate AB should be happy.  Dynasty owners like me are crushed.
Just traded for him in dynasty last year.  F me. 

Will be interesting to see where he goes in redraft this year.  3rd round? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Just traded for him in dynasty last year.  F me. 

Will be interesting to see where he goes in redraft this year. 
I already owned him on two teams and last off season gave McCaffrey AND 1.7 for him. I don't beat myself up on that kind of stuff, no way to have known.

Where does he go? He was already a mid to very late round second pick in FFPC drafts I've been doing with the big 3 TE's helping push him back a little. I'd have to look it up but think his ADP was 22-23 range. I'd venture to guess it drops somewhere close to mid to late round 3 and will feel risky, in the 30-36 range.

Can you or someone post a link because I still don't see it, but I don't use Insta much either.

Scratch that, I just figured it out and saw it. LOL, not and ideal start to the relationship.
I honestly can see him saying he’s not coming.  

Didnt he just say something like, “I don’t need football and can just walk away”? 

I'm still holding out hope.

Vic Carucci‏Verified account @viccarucci 3m3 minutes ago

An NFL source says #Bills have inquired about Antonio Brown with the #Steelers, but no deal is imminent. In fact, another league source termed it "unlikely."

I think the Raiders would be a decent landing spot. Carr has has the ability to support multiple WRs (Cooper and Crabtree in 2016). I agree they are in a rebuild but what people are overlooking is Gruden’s competitive nature. Sure, he has a 10 year contract so no pressure to win, but nobody likes to lose. That includes Mark Davis. The acquisition of AB would fill a BIG team need and allow Carr to florish. Granted AB is on the wrong side of 30 but he is still one of a handful of WRs that can dominate games. No WR in the draft can bring the on firld impact AB would bring the Raiders. Then there is the impact this would have with the fan base. It would infuse some excitement into the base, possibly leading to more ticket sales. 

My 2¢

Didnt he just say something like, “I don’t need football and can just walk away”? 
We are about to find out if he was serious or not. No offense to Bills fans (heck, I am a Lions prisoner)....but this is freaking hilarious if true.

Came here to post the same thing. If this Buffalo trade is legit, I wouldn't be surprised if he walked away from the game.

Came here to post the same thing. If this Buffalo trade is legit, I wouldn't be surprised if he walked away from the game.
I really hope that if the trade was actually going to happen, that Brown did manage to kill the deal. As talented as he is, I don't want Brown anywhere near the Bills. I don't want his toxic attitude or his off-field antics anywhere near the team and I definitely don't want them paying a WR as much as they would need to pay him.

IMO, Brown has had numerous things over the last year that make me concerned that he has something going on in his head. If he doesn't get some help, he's going to continue to melt down.

How can someone be a Steeler fan and hate AB?
Because he handled this terribly and was even worse after he finally met w Rooney who said they would trade him, totally destroying his value. He 100% goes for a first if he shuts up. Now, who knows. 

Florio received a text from Rapoport stating the trade is going to go through and that his “gut” is AB doesn’t want it to. If this doesn’t happen and was close MAKE HIM REPORT

Bills’ GM Brandon Beane: “We inquired about Antonio Brown on Tuesday, and kept talks open with the Steelers. We had positive discussions, but ultimately it didn’t make sense for either side. As great a player as Antonio Brown is, we have moved on and our focus is on free agency.”

I'm trying to figure out who would have leaked this in the first place. Both the Steelers and Bills typically keep things close to the vest. And it isn't clear to me which team would have benefited from leaking it. It's even less clear to me who would have benefited from confirming it again to Rapoport this morning after how last night played out...other than Rapoport of course...which leads me to believe that Rapoport is straight up lying this morning.

And with Brandon Bean's comments this morning, it certainly seems as if Rapoport is full of crap.

I'm trying to figure out who would have leaked this in the first place. Both the Steelers and Bills typically keep things close to the vest. And it isn't clear to me which team would have benefited from leaking it. It's even less clear to me who would have benefited from confirming it again to Rapoport this morning after how last night played out...other than Rapoport of course...which leads me to believe that Rapoport is straight up lying this morning.

And with Brandon Bean's comments this morning, it certainly seems as if Rapoport is full of crap.
Rapoport has #### sources within the Steelers org... he’s been wrong on them several times. This is just the most egregious. I honesty wonder if it’s on purpose.

Rap tripling down now... saying Buffalo deal fell apart this morning and now “whoa no, where do the Steelers go”... guy is a dumb ###. I’m guessing the “Friday deadline” was a bunch of bull #### too. This is the guy people were hanging their hats too in regard to Bell’s contract “guarantees”. He is a ####### liar and now has been appropriately exposed.

Rap tripling down now... saying Buffalo deal fell apart this morning and now “whoa no, where do the Steelers go”... guy is a dumb ###. I’m guessing the “Friday deadline” was a bunch of bull #### too. This is the guy people were hanging their hats too in regard to Bell’s contract “guarantees”. He is a ####### liar and now has been appropriately exposed.
He is the worst. Should be canned.

Rapoport has #### sources within the Steelers org... he’s been wrong on them several times. This is just the most egregious. I honesty wonder if it’s on purpose.
You wonder if he had an ulterior motive .... like Casserly's garbage report on K Murray....  Or Rap might be getting "bad intel" from a source so they could get AB at a dirt cheap price?  

Is he that much of a $ucker?   It appears several of them are.... 

So, who would benefit from the Steelers not having a solid trade partner for AB?     ....just asking hypothetically .... It would require a team/coach/GM with moxy! 

NE?  Phil?  who? 

I woke up this morning and the first thing I read was that Brown was a going to the Bills.  As I write this I'm relieved that he probably isn't.  Worst case scenario is he does get traded to the Bills and he just hangs up his cleats. 

If they don't make him one of highest paid WR's in the game I'd tend to think that's the threat that's coming.
That's what I don't get. Current contract calls for 2.5 roster bonus plus 12.6 salary. Has 2 more years after that at 11.3 and 12.5.

He expects to make more than that before he's 35?

Steelers expect some team to give up a first AND give him a contract he's happy with - for now?

Even if I was willing to do a deal for him I'm waiting until the last hour before his roster bonus is due next weekend 

What about all the years where he gave everything and performed like an all-world player? That's just totally wiped out?
Peace out. 

I assume Antonio and his agent killed this deal. 

Let him hold out and not get paid. Or rot on the bench or force his crazy ### to do something that gets him suspended. 

I'm hoping that the Bills weren't the rumored "done deal" and that the reason the other teams are out is that there's a pretty firm deal in place.

However, I doubt that's the case. It sounds like the trade market has fully dried up since AB has gone full Simple Jack. If the Steelers aren't getting a 1st or 2nd, and at this point that seems unlikely, then just keep him. It seems like AB only understands things from the media, so call a press conference and just say, "Nobody wanted a 31 year old WR that says all kinds of crazy things in interviews and on social media, so we won't be trading Antonio. He can report or retire, and if he acts in a manner detrimental to the team he will be suspended without pay. We hope to move forward together and have a successful season, but now the ball is in his court."

I think the max I'd be willing to give up would be a 2019 3rd plus 2020 conditional pick (2nd thru 4th) depending on number of games he played in 2019.

Honestly though...if somehow my team doesn't end up with his talent (still unsure I would want that headache in the room with young WRs...but the thought of Adams and Brown as targets for Rodgers is pretty nice)...but if he is going to land somewhere else, the Bills sounded good to me.  Not a rival.  

Now no deal...just so odd.

I think the max I'd be willing to give up would be a 2019 3rd plus 2020 conditional pick (2nd thru 4th) depending on number of games he played in 2019.
Which is exactly why this is going to end poorly. His play is worth more than that as is it for them to take the salary cap hit. This is going to end up in a holdout/retire or report deal.

Users who are viewing this thread