Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Casting Couch

Antonio Brown - Official Thread

6 minutes ago, Man In The Box said:

Speak for yourself. Peterson is a trash parent/human too. 

I agree. I live in the DC area and am a lifelong Skins fan... I hate that he is on my team. He belongs in prison.

Last year he publicly said he still beats on his kids, nothing was done. No idea why Mike Vick was crucified for tangential involvement in dog fighting but AP can beat a child senseless and society allows it.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, (HULK) said:

AP beats a 4 year old in the genitals with a stick, everyone loves him.

AB acts weird all the time and yelled while punting a ball. We're calling for his head and saying he's a cancer.

I think this says more about us than anything else.

Im all about this to be honest.

We also side with the billionaires over the workers...whether they are highly compensated or not.

PM to hulk...Long John slinky says hi and misses throwing to (HULK)speed in GLB

Update. Not great. No hate, but FF sake! 

aiders are not planning to have Antonio Brown active for their Week 1 game against the Broncos.

This was the expectation after Brown reportedly went off on Mike Mayock after the GM confronted him for comments made on social media. During the exchange, a Brown threatened to punch Mayock while defiantly punting a ball and daring the team to fine for him it. It's unclear if Brown is being suspended for Week 1 or if the Raiders are simply benching their disgruntled star. Either way, he's not expected to be in the building until a resolution is reached. Despite the tension, Brown's agent Drew Rosenhaus is confident the two sides can salvage their tainted relationship. "My job is to bring everything back, try and get things worked out," said Rosenhaus in an interview with NFL Network's Stacey Dales. "I’m confident we can get back to doing all the right things that the Raiders signed him for." The Antonio saga in Oakland gets stranger by the day.

8 minutes ago, Dope said:

That’s not how this works. That’s not how any of this works. :unsure:

43 minutes ago, (HULK) said:

AB acts weird all the time and yelled while punting a ball. We're calling for his head and saying he's a cancer.

How you discipline your child probably doesn't effect your team too much on Sundays.

AB being a total Owens-esque diva likely does.  His Raider problems were being noted by the players and staff before the punting episode. He was living by his own set of rules. And they have an absurdly young team (incl 11 rooks) learning from the vets.

• Like 2

also i think this gets resolved and AB plays on sunday.

A significant fine. after Davis meets with mayock, Gruden, and AB.

1 minute ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

That’s not how this works. That’s not how any of this works. :unsure:

It is if PM stands for public message

• Laughing 1

Just now, Dope said:

That’d be one crazy AF resolution since the Raiders don’t play until Monday night. :unsure:

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Just now, Hot Sauce Guy said:

That’d be one crazy AF resolution since the Raiders don’t play until Monday night. :unsure:

Thanks for keeping me on point, but im fairly certain everyone knows what i mean

47 minutes ago, (HULK) said:

Apples to oranges really. One is directly related to his job, the other is an off the field behavior. Only in our hyper judgmental society does personal conduct become a factor. 

2 minutes ago, Dope said:

Thanks for keeping me on point, but im fairly certain everyone knows what i mean

So no trade forecast then? 

lol

sorry - just thought it was funny. I’m not sure I agree it’ll all be sunshine & butterflies, but you can bet Drew Rosenhaus has a pucker-factor of 11 right now. 

Whats 5% of $30,000,000? 

Edited by Hot Sauce Guy

If the Raiders don’t suspend him to protect themselves from the guaranteed money, they are being negligent.  The fines/letter was to build a papertrail to justify a later suspension. After he acted this way, they need to suspend him for game 1 so they can cut bait this year if necessary.  Knowing his money is at risk may scare him straight. 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Dope said:

Essentially Brown is running the team and has it held prisoner with his talent, based on that outcome.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Dope said:

If they actually said they were suspending him - and I'm not sure that's been confirmed - it would be a mistake not go through with it. 

If he physically threatened mayock, it would be a mistake not to suspend him. 

It would also be a mistake to suspend him for more than one game.  There's no meaningful difference between one game and two except that it hurts the team more and creates more bad blood with the player.  

I expect a one game suspension and a public apology in drew's handwriting.  

The Raiders hold all the cards here.  AB has probably earned $0 so far (he didn't earn his first $500k bonus), and is $50k in the hole in fines.  Suspend him one game and void all the guaranteed money.  Let him play week to week until he screws up again. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Well, he's kind of been on his own program apart from the team since he got to oak, no?

The only story I have heard from being around his teammates were the criticisms that he was playing on mobile devices during team meetings. At this point does he even know the playbook? Does he have ANY chemistry with Carr?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr. Dan said:

obj owners take note 

Hopefully he gifts us with 18 and 17 hundred yard seasons on that path...

43 minutes ago, Dope said:

Wow, that is quite some time ago... Is glb still a thing?

• Like 1

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Raiders are not planning to have Antonio Brown active for their Week 1 game against the Broncos.

This was the expectation after Brown reportedly went off on Mike Mayock after the GM confronted him for comments he made on social media. During the exchange, Brown threatened to punch Mayock while defiantly punting a ball and daring the team to fine him for it. It's unclear if Brown is being suspended for Week 1 or if the Raiders are simply benching their disgruntled star. Either way, he's not expected to be in the building until a resolution is reached. Despite the tension, Brown's agent Drew Rosenhaus is confident the two sides can salvage their tainted relationship. "My job is to bring everything back, try and get things worked out," said Rosenhaus in an interview with NFL Network's Stacey Dales. "I’m confident we can get back to doing all the right things that the Raiders signed him for." The Antonio saga in Oakland gets stranger by the day.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Sep 5, 2019, 7:09 PM ET

45 minutes ago, (HULK) said:

I agree. I live in the DC area and am a lifelong Skins fan... I hate that he is on my team. He belongs in prison.

Last year he publicly said he still beats on his kids, nothing was done. No idea why Mike Vick was crucified for tangential involvement in dog fighting but AP can beat a child senseless and society allows it.

Agree, AP is a POS.

Brown just seems like he's going off the deep-end, or he really does have regrets and is causing a scene become some other team has been courting him. 

Oops

Edited by Hot Sauce Guy
  • Laughing 1

Mike Mayock didn’t handle the situation well, either. GM’s should be diffusers in these situations. They need to have a man to man talk.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

Mike Mayock didn’t handle the situation well, either. GM’s should be diffusers in these situations. They need to have a man to man talk.

They treated him as "special" for a month and a half, until the other players and staff started taking notice. Then Mayock was obligated.

• Like 1

Suspend him one game so his money is threatened. He either gets it together after that or if still a wacko or gets worse you then can cut him. Don’t cut him now and make him a FA to sign wherever. That’s a reward. 

9 hours ago, irish eyes said:

Everyone saying the Steelers got fleeced in the trade. Lolololololol. This is pure gold, robbed the raiders when we gave them martavis, and now brown. 

As a long time Raider fan, I hated this trade from the start.   I never understood why a rebuilding team would give up any draft picks for a 31-year old WR no matter how great he is.  Throw in that the WR has been crazy on a great time and the move made no sense. 

The Raiders better suspend Brown for at least one game in the first step towards cutting him and getting out of the contract.   With Brown, the Riaders may win 6 games.   Without Brown, the Raiders win less games and that is better for a rebuilding team in need of early draft picks.   

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, DropKick said:

I might send out some low-ball trade offers...

Just watch ww you get him for free

Oops

Edited by Hot Sauce Guy

4 hours ago, [scooter] said:

If they suspend (or cut) Brown before Monday night, then it looks like the Raiders can keep $29 million of the $30 million that was guaranteed.

Also, there's a loophole in the CBA which allows teams to cut bait with veterans who aren't on the active roster for Week 1. So, they could suspend him for Week 1, then reinstate him for Week 2.......and then cut him a few weeks later and still avoid paying him the rest of his contract.

Can I just say that you are brilliant.  I want someone like you in the negotiating room with me!

3 hours ago, simsarge said:

Kind of off topic, but looking back maybe Mike Tomlin rates a lot better as an ego massaging psychologist than given credit for? 

Looking back, I’d say Tomlin is a ### #### genius!!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Copeman said:

Who is going to play him in the movie?

Anthony Hopkins

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Rhythmdoctor said:
4 hours ago, simsarge said:

Kind of off topic, but looking back maybe Mike Tomlin rates a lot better as an ego massaging psychologist than given credit for? 

Today a reporter that had a recent interview with Antonio stated that he said the only person on the Steelers that told him to be more mature with his bad antics was Big Ben.

3 hours ago, Shutout said:

It has also been speculated that perhaps AB just isn't feeling ready and is trying to get an out.  

It has also been speculated that he simply doesn't want to play for the Raiders and there are some teams out there he would rather play for.  

Brown doesn't really control his destiny, though. He can't force the Raiders to cut him. In the very least, they can control him for the next 4 weeks (which is the maximum time you can suspend a player for Conduct Detrimental To The Team, as long as the player is meeting the minimum requirements of the NFL's conduct policy). But if Brown re-offends, then the Raiders can just suspend him for another 4 games, and so on. And even if Brown behaves himself, the Raiders could still get pretty petty by putting him on the active roster and just benching him every week.

4 hours ago, bostonfred said:

Rosenhaus just did an interview on NFL network.  He's working on this. He thinks the relationship can be salvaged. Brown wants to be a raider.  He is hoping for no suspension.  The raiders are discussing things internally and it's up to them.  Eisen made sure to ask, and drew thinks brown is mentally ok and is 100 percent able to play at a high level this season. 

🤣AB only wants to play for the Raiders for the money.  He doesn't want to be a Raider.  it's the biggest dumpster fire in the NFL.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, (HULK) said:

Vick wasn’t crucified. He went to jail, and walked into a plum gig upon release.

1 hour ago, Rhythmdoctor said:

He’s the one that coddled him for years and made him entitled. Pretty clear Tomlin doesn’t hold the stars accountable.

6 minutes ago, ILUVBEER99 said:

🤣AB only wants to play for the Raiders for the money.  He doesn't want to be a Raider.

I would think that if AB was really in it for the money then he would have been savvy enough to cut back on the lunacy just long enough to have his salary guaranteed.

9 minutes ago, [scooter] said:

I would think that if AB was really in it for the money then he would have been savvy enough to cut back on the lunacy just long enough to have his salary guaranteed.

GL with the lawsuit if OAK cuts him.  They might settle for a lesser amount but AB will still get paid from another team.

Mayock is a TV announcer, not a GM.  In the end AB will win if he gets cut.  

22 minutes ago, ILUVBEER99 said:

🤣AB only wants to play for the Raiders for the money.  He doesn't want to be a Raider.  it's the biggest dumpster fire in the NFL.

Steelers ate $20m+ in cap to get rid of him.  He quit on his team the final week of the regular season when they were fighting for a playoff spot.  I don't think the Raiders are the problem here.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ILUVBEER99 said:
14 minutes ago, [scooter] said:

GL with the lawsuit if OAK cuts him.  They might settle for a lesser amount but AB will still get paid from another team.

Mayock is a TV announcer, not a GM.  In the end AB will win if he gets cut.  

AB might "win" by signing with another team, but there's no way he'll get $30 million of guaranteed money.

If the Raiders cut him, he won't see any of that guaranteed money.

From what I understand, zero chance AB plays Monday night.   That would make the first season no longer guaranteed, but paid to play.  Start there.  

Mayock has AB.  AB ain't going anywhere.  AB ain't getting traded.  AB ain't getting cut.  If AB wants to play football, AB is going to deal with Mayock and Gruden and the rest of his teammates face to face, man to man.  And it starts by triggering the "no longer guaranteed" clause. 

Question is: Will AB man up and apologize to Mayock, Gruden and his teammates for how he acted in practice?  Or is he going to continue in this trajectory?  

Edited by Hairy Snowman
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, [scooter] said:

AB might "win" by signing with another team, but there's no way he'll get $30 million of guaranteed money.

We'll see once the lawyers get involved.  

8 minutes ago, tjnc09 said:

Steelers ate $20m+ in cap to get rid of him.  He quit on his team the final week of the regular season when they were fighting for a playoff spot.  I don't think the Raiders are the problem here.

yet the Raiders paid him after knowing that.   it's their own fault.  I hope AB wins just to show how inept the Raiders front office is.

• Like 1

The Raiders got away with stiffing Mike Shanahan, Lane Kiffin, and JaMarcus Russell. Pretty sure they'll be able to get away with stiffing Brown too.

22 minutes ago, [scooter] said:

I'm reading that they can cut him and not pay a dime. 

2 hours ago, simey said:

Today a reporter that had a recent interview with Antonio stated that he said the only person on the Steelers that told him to be more mature with his bad antics was Big Ben.

Pretty sure that the last person who's word I'd believe about AB's "bad antics" and who said what to him is AB. 

On 8/18/2019 at 11:06 PM, Tanner9919 said:

he's out of football for good if he leaves the Raiders.he'll be blacklisted. it's 100% clear he does NOT want to play for Oaktown,and probably equally clear that he simply does not want to play football anymore.

how did the 'vaunted' Steelers organization allow both he and Bell to act up like this for all these years? who the hell is in control in the steelers front office? wow

Naw, if the Raiders cut him the Chiefs immediately come to mind as a team that would sign AB. Charter issues are Ried’s bag. Can you imagine the Chiefs with AB?  Wow!