What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Antonio Brown, FA (9 Viewers)

Another redzone target for AB as the Pats get clsoser into enemy territory...they're looking to get him a ton of TDs. 

This is just Week 1 for AB and the Pats, assume he makes it past Lord Roger, it's likely he could see 100/2TDs just about any week, and you can say that about a few WRs but for AB it will happen more often if they are going to utilize him a lot. Edelman is going to see a reduction, White seems like an afterthought so far. 

Another RZ target near the end zone as I am posting this...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd say it looks rather bleak for AB to skate given her council (in this instance) would be very unlikely to accept this particular case unless it was a slam dunk
This isn’t even close to true. The attorney could have just been thinking Brown would pay up to make this go away. 

This isn’t even close to true. The attorney could have just been thinking Brown would pay up to make this go away. 
We don't know what the attorney is thinking about this case, but I'm guessing this well respected council is very unlikely to get involved in this circus unless it's a slam dunk.

We don't know what the attorney is thinking about this case, but I'm guessing this well respected council is very unlikely to get involved in this circus unless it's a slam dunk.
Once again, I’m just not sure this is true. He has nothing to lose. Even if it turns out she is lying he could say “everyone deserves their day in court” or “she seemed credible at the time and my duty was to strenuously advocate on behalf of my client” - but bottom line it likely seemed like an easy payday for him and he came damn close to getting 1/3 of that $2MM settlement early in the case. Most of these high profile attorneys are not afraid to look “bad”, they can always get in their beemer and drive away if they do.

Once again, I’m just not sure this is true. He has nothing to lose. Even if it turns out she is lying he could say “everyone deserves their day in court” or “she seemed credible at the time and my duty was to strenuously advocate on behalf of my client” - but bottom line it likely seemed like an easy payday for him and he came damn close to getting 1/3 of that $2MM settlement early in the case. Most of these high profile attorneys are not afraid to look “bad”, they can always get in their beemer and drive away if they do.
I think the attorney angle is a good one, but it's really up to the NFL & the Pats as to what happens with AB.

How can you possibly know what this guy is thinking?
LOL. I just said I DIDN'T know what the attorney is thinking about the details of this case & what his strategy would be.

That said, again, like I said, it's highly unlikely this particular attorney gets involved with an iffy circus case.

I just said I DIDN'T know what the attorney is thinking about the details of this case & what his strategy would be.

That said, again, like I said, it's highly unlikely this particular attorney gets involved with an iffy circus case.

So you don't know what he's thinking but simultaneously you do actually know what he's probably thinking. 

So you don't know what he's thinking but simultaneously you do actually know what he's probably thinking. 
I just said I don't know what he's thinking about the details of this case, but again, it's highly unlikely a well respected attorney like this guy takes this circus unless it favors him.

My theory isn't rocket science.

Of course he doesn't catch another pass since the TD...............they tried though 3 times on the 1 drive in the end zone.........needed another TD looks like the day is done for the passing game up 30-0 now.

Interesting.  I'm going with AB over Ross in 1/2 ppr.  I can see anywhere from 3 for 30 range to 5 for 100 and 2 TDs.  Tie breaker is that I would be more pissed at myself if AB goes off on my bench than if he puts up a dud in my starting lineup :lol:  
Left Ross in over AB. I felt like a dolt early with AB’s early catches and TD, but then Ross scores a long garbage time TD catch to finish 17.20 to AB’s 12.10. 

Just like I drew it up ;)

(starting AB from here on out unless he’s suspended or injured. Or stuck in a hot air balloon. Or has frost bit feet. Or gets a bug up is ### again about his helmet. Or...)

As nice as that was, it's actually a regression from what we are used to from Brown.  And now there's talk that he may beput on the exempt list if this meeting tomorrow goes a certain way.   If this is a one time viewing of him for the year, leaves slot to speculate.  

Antonio Brown soaked up four catches for 56 yards and a touchdown on eight targets while also chipping in a five-yard run on his lone rushing attempt Sunday in the Patriots’ Week 2 win over Miami.

As promised, the Pats made a concerted effort to feed him the ball early, gifting Brown three targets, which he converted for 36 yards and three catches, on the opening drive. Brown's touchdown—the first of his career not thrown by Ben Roethlisberger—on a 20-yard back-shoulder throw from Tom Brady. Brown may have gotten away with a push-off on Jomal Wiltz, but it was still an impressive grab. The Miami native faltered after the break, coming up empty on each of his four second-half targets including a missed end-zone connection with Brady. AB didn't see a full complement of snaps in his New England debut (he was in on just 24-of-71 offensive plays) as the Pats leaned heavily on their ground game after building an early lead. Brown is still dealing with the fallout from recent sexual assault allegations, but it looks like he'll avoid the commissioner's exempt list, at least until the league concludes its investigation. AB will be on the WR1/2 map when he makes his home debut against a g
Interesting to see how he plays against a G next week.

EDIT: Aww they fixed it. "AB will be on the WR1/2 map when he makes his home debut against the Jets in Week 3."

As nice as that was, it's actually a regression from what we are used to from Brown.  And now there's talk that he may beput on the exempt list if this meeting tomorrow goes a certain way.   If this is a one time viewing of him for the year, leaves slot to speculate.  
Did you see the scoreboard? Maybe that had something to do with final stat line.

He FREAKING ate right out of the gate. It's hard to see him being the overall WR1 again. But it's clear, he will eat if he gets on the field. 

lol

Rumor of the morning I heard on sports talk radio is that there is a heavy push to settle the case today with an accompanying non-disclosure agreement. If that were to happen, I don't see how the league could do anything to Brown. There would be nothing to investigate.

Let's discuss how he looked on the field. The opening drive is where he showcased a bit how he can take over in football games. He had a nice TD grab later vs a rookie DB and the coverage wasn't actually that bad, felt like if they needed to they could have dialed up AB all day but the game was never in doubt who was going to win. New England looked happy to work on their ground game. 

The Patriots signed him within 1 hour of being released by the Oakland Raiders, that tells you what they think of his talent. Brady has a guy with slot receiver skills that plays outside the numbers frequently, rare combo in the NFL hence why he has been a dominant WR for the last 7-8 years. 

Just be honest about what you saw on the field, he looked in rhythm with Brady. Surely the coming weeks they face harder challenges than the Tanking for Tua-Phins but still you gotta like what you saw. Both Gordon and Edelman owners as well as James White owners are all going to see a significant hit in production and targets. Brown is easily the number one option in the passing game. If Gronk wanted to come back late in the season I''m not sure there is a spot for him now, or he could just line up and run routes, never catch a pass and pocket another ring. 

Pats defense now going back to the Super Bowl...3-3-0 point totals last 3 games combined, wow! Won't need to air it out too much when they win that easily but Brown is a shoe in for 6-8/100/TD just about every week, they're unstoppable if they can keep their OL together. 

And with all of that, he missed 7 games in 7 years in PIT. Most people know he isn’t a Boy Scout. He probably will be on his best behavior this year knowing his future depends on it. 
Nobody in mainstream knew about him ripping off charities and sexually harassing/assaulting multiple women. He’s in trouble.

Of course he doesn't catch another pass since the TD...............they tried though 3 times on the 1 drive in the end zone.........needed another TD looks like the day is done for the passing game up 30-0 now.
And then you have James White with two left up 37.

I benefited. I started White in a deep league, but c'mon...

It's never over with the Pats, really, is it?

dipandglide said:
Did you see the scoreboard? Maybe that had something to do with final stat line.

He FREAKING ate right out of the gate. It's hard to see him being the overall WR1 again. But it's clear, he will eat if he gets on the field. 
I don't understand why you seem so defensive to lash out on this.  In the end, it doesn't matter what the scoreboard says, especially with the Patriots because the Patriots are notoriously known as a team that doesn't let up off the gas pedal, so your argument there is invalid. But, not here to argue.  The point is, in Pittsburgh, we almost always saw very laudy stat lines.  In new England, despite the Pats clearly featuring him exclusively on the first drive, his stats were actually weaker than what we are used to.

The point is, the Patriots are known to be a team that spreads it out and plays to a game plan...not give in to a player screaming for the ball.  It's great for the Patriots. He Isa very good fit there. He will have great ff stats, but the message was the sheer dominance overall in ff is likely gone and the off field issues make it even murkier.   That is all. 

People were worried about him getting snaps yesterday morning, now he only had 4/56/1 on 8 targets.

As long as he's on the field he'll be a beast. 

Brady throws to the open guy. In 2007 that meant 20 TDs for Randy Moss.

Antonio Brown will get open.

AB played 21 of 72 snaps (IIRC) and was targeted or carried the ball 9 times. That’s a very healthy share of the football. Anyone not seeing that is really going out of their way to not see that.

Anarchy99 said:
Rumor of the morning I heard on sports talk radio is that there is a heavy push to settle the case today with an accompanying non-disclosure agreement. If that were to happen, I don't see how the league could do anything to Brown. There would be nothing to investigate.
If Brown settles this civil litigation then that would be enough to convince the NFL that there was no violation of the league's personal conduct policy?

Strange logic there.

If Brown settles this civil litigation then that would be enough to convince the NFL that there was no violation of the league's personal conduct policy?

Strange logic there.
Yeah, AB is in deep doo doo.

Just how deep remains to be seen.

Steelers may not win a game this year.  Pats may not lose a game this year.  Brown is probably pretty happy with how things shook out.

My story on Antonio Brown, his spiraling self-sabotage, a new account of misconduct, and his bizarre string of debts. https://t.co/oN8JZI2pM5

— Robert Klemko (@RobertKlemko) September 16, 2019

Exclusive: Accusations range from a previously untold account of sexual misconduct, a charity auction theft, multiple domestic incidents, and a long list of unpaid debts. Numerous conversations with people who have dealt with Brown, as well as reviews of court and police documents from three states, paint a disturbing picture…

People were worried about him getting snaps yesterday morning, now he only had 4/56/1 on 8 targets.

As long as he's on the field he'll be a beast. 

Brady throws to the open guy. In 2007 that meant 20 TDs for Randy Moss.

Antonio Brown will get open.
If he had a decent QB he would have had a 2nd TD as well.

I assume that twisted BB wanted to showcase AB on the opening drive (and did)... or are we to believe that the Miami adjustments were able to shut Brown down rest of the way?

He had multiple targets in the RZ and was the first read 2 other times that Brady didn't throw him the ball.... I think he'll be fine as a fantasy WR if he stays on the field.

My story on Antonio Brown, his spiraling self-sabotage, a new account of misconduct, and his bizarre string of debts. https://t.co/oN8JZI2pM5

— Robert Klemko (@RobertKlemko) September 16, 2019

Exclusive: Accusations range from a previously untold account of sexual misconduct, a charity auction theft, multiple domestic incidents, and a long list of unpaid debts. Numerous conversations with people who have dealt with Brown, as well as reviews of court and police documents from three states, paint a disturbing picture…
The sexual misconduct per rotoworld was him talking to a woman who was painting a mural in his house while naked except for a hand towel covering his genitals.  So he was more covered than if he was wearing a thong in his home and that's sexual misconduct now.

Obviously the guys an #######, but that too me is a nothing burger.  The rape allegations on the other hand is a serious issue.

The sexual misconduct per rotoworld was him talking to a woman who was painting a mural in his house while naked except for a hand towel covering his genitals.  So he was more covered than if he was wearing a thong in his home and that's sexual misconduct now.

Obviously the guys an #######, but that too me is a nothing burger.  The rape allegations on the other hand is a serious issue.
I don’t know. If a woman was in my home working, I think I’d address her wearing a little more than either of those two items.

Strange logic there.
I think he meant because of the non disclosure agreement it would be done and over with, like it never happended. Dunno

Users who are viewing this thread