What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Antonio Brown, FA (14 Viewers)

He wasn't free. In fact, he was very expensive. Teams needed to pay him tens of millions of dollars in guaranteed money and take on a giant cap hit / salary. That doesn't mean no one wanted him.
Doesn't seem like anybody wanted him at that price and the Steelers themselves took on a 21M cap hit showing how much they wanted him gone. They all meet him and then want him gone. 

whatever brown costs, and it'll be a LOT...

How many teams willing to take that cap hit for X yrs? Seriously?
I think you are way overvaluing what Brown will cost. He won't be getting a $16M or $18M contract, and his chances of getting much guaranteed money are gone.

I don’t think he’s really interested in playing football. He never struck me as a guy who cared much about winning, just about getting paid and getting attention. Why would he sacrifice $30M to go to a contender for what would obviously be much less money? (I know, I know. It’s totally possible that he’s completely bat#### crazy)

Yes, because your team signing hunt affects how teams deal with Brown in what way? Guy can't even learn the playbook to get out there. 

God, this is stupid. I'll show myself out. Nobody wants this guy right now.
Wait....come back......

I don’t think he’s really interested in playing football. He never struck me as a guy who cared much about winning, just about getting paid and getting attention. Why would he sacrifice $30M to go to a contender for what would obviously be much less money? (I know, I know. It’s totally possible that he’s completely bat#### crazy)
It’s almost as if you’ve never watched him play. His compete level is off the charts. 

Come on man. Nobody works harder than this guy at his craft. 

He is an animal on the field and at practice. This guy is ridiculous.

But unfortunately he is also bat chit crazy. So......but not interested in playing football? Are your ****ing kidding me? 

Lendale White......that was a guy not interested in playing football. Jamarcus Russell...that was a guy not interested in playing football.

Antonio Brown is a freaking football player bro. Regardless what you think of him and his antics. He is one of the very best at what he does.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not coming. Too bad internet jock/heroes never come back to say how wrong they are. I'll be here at @Todem like dangling poop off a monkey's butt at 4:02 PM.

Whoops. No signing yet.
I will eat the crow if he is not signed......it’s all good. Just talking football bro.

He could potentially get a good incentive laden contract. And just today Julio signed a huge contract with 97% guaranteed. 

It’s almost as if you’ve never watched him play. His compete level is off the charts. 
Right. I never questioned that. I think he likes the spotlight and money. Doing what he does gets him both. I don’t think he really cares much about winning or being part of a team though. 

i see it playing out quite simply... AB doesnt sign for a team until well into the season, because he likely 100% believes he can not only get that 30m guaranteed, but much more after Julio got 64m

Worst thing that couldve happened, imo. Julio likely ended AB

Right. I never questioned that. I think he likes the spotlight and money. Doing what he does gets him both. I don’t think he really cares much about winning or being part of a team though. 
You questioned whether he wants to play football. I think he answers that question every Sunday. You don’t get to his level being driven by money. 

But unfortunately he is also bat chit crazy. So......but not interested in playing football? Are your ****ing kidding me? 

Lendale White......that was a guy not interested inlaying football. Jamarcus Russell...that was a guy not interested in playing football.

Antonio Brown is a freaking football player bro. Regardless what you think of him and his antics. He is one of the very best at what he does.
I’m talking ing about right now. Not a year ago, or even a month ago. I think his desire to play football isn’t what it once was. Why would he do what he’s done over the past few months other than him being legitimately out of his mind? 

Agreed.  If he cared about winning, he never would have agreed to go to the Raiders in the first place.  

You questioned whether he wants to play football. I think he answers that question every Sunday. You don’t get to his level being driven by money. 
Eh. See my response to Todem. I think he’s in a different place mentally. Whether it’s a medical issue or he just doesn’t want to play anymore. Something bigger at play here. 

Lendale White......that was a guy not interested inlaying football. Jamarcus Russell...that was a guy not interested in playing football.

Nobody works harder except for the guys actually working at practice. But you are correct in one thing, this guy is ridiculous.

i see it playing out quite simply... AB doesnt sign for a team until well into the season, because he likely 100% believes he can not only get that 30m guaranteed, but much more after Julio got 64m

Worst thing that couldve happened, imo. Julio likely ended AB
It's been reported that unless one of the teams playing Monday signs him, every other team (signing him today) can only guarantee 25% of his contract.

I’m taking about right now. Not a year ago, or even a month ago. I think his desire to play football isn’t what it once was. Why would he do what he’s done over the past few months other than him being legitimately out of his mind? 
AB feels misunderstood, mistreated, and disrespected. I think he is fine with playing football. I remember him being peeved at the Steelers for not winning or doing more to win. If a team can find a solution for the misunderstood / mistreated / disrespected part, I think it is possible AB falls in line and still plays as hard as he did before. But that's a big if.

The bigger question is why does he want to play football? For the love of the game or for the glory it brings him?

I’m talking ing about right now. Not a year ago, or even a month ago. I think his desire to play football isn’t what it once was. Why would he do what he’s done over the past few months other than him being legitimately out of his mind? 
Because he went from a contender to a team challenging to make the wildcard. I truly believe this dude when he says he just wants to win. Ideally for him, he can win AND make his money. There are a few teams out there that can cover both of those.

AB feels misunderstood, mistreated, and disrespected. I think he is fine with playing football. I remember him being peeved at the Steelers for not winning or doing more to win. If a team can find a solution for the misunderstood / mistreated / disrespected part, I think it is possible AB falls in line and still plays as hard as he did before. But that's a big if.
Enter Bill mothereffing Belichick.

Brown to the Detroit Lions..you heard it here first. Brown went to college in Michigan. Stafford needs a big play guy, Lions have the space. Patricia is used to retreads from his NE days. Lets get this done!!

I think the same people thinking that AB won't get resigned in a heartbeat were saying the same thing about Hunt.  The guy is one of the best WR's in the league.  Only hurdle is going to be his contract demands.

Brown to the Detroit Lions..you heard it here first. Brown went to college in Michigan. Stafford needs a big play guy, Lions have the space. Patricia is used to retreads from his NE days. Lets get this done!!
havent you paid attention? he wants to go to a winner. not to a worse team than the raiders

Because he went from a contender to a team challenging to make the wildcard. I truly believe this dude when he says he just wants to win. Ideally for him, he can win AND make his money. There are a few teams out there that can cover both of those.
Possible, but I’d have to imagine it’s a long road back to a big payday. He’s pretty impossible to trust enough to give any type of commitment to right now. And he’s not getting any younger. 

Users who are viewing this thread