What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Electronic Cigarettes (3 Viewers)

SteevieG said:
Question for the V4L users about the chargers...

I've been having to use 1 battery because I still haven't received my replacement for a defective one I got.

When I put it on the wall charger and screw it all the way in the light turns red. I have yet to see the light turn green with the battery on it, even after being on it all night.

Today I have it on the USB charger and the light is red except for a quick blue blink every 5 seconds or so.

The battery seems to work fine and hasn't yet gone dead.

Can someone explain what the lights mean?
When you screw your battery into the charger, make sure youre only screwing it on until the LED on your battery starts to blink (it will blink 3 times to let you know its charging). Dont screw it in all the way real tight. Sometimes I have to unscrew mine and screw it back on a time or 2 before the battery light will blink...if you screw it on, and the LED on your batter DID NOT blink 3 times, the charger light will still turn red but the battery probably wont take a charge, and the light will never turn green. So if thats the case try the unscrew all the way, then screw it back in nice and easy til your battery LED starts to blink. Dont tighten it any more past that point. I have the same deal with my usb charger, I think thats how they are. Once charged, the light on your USB charger should turn solid blue. The USB charger seems to take a lot longer to charge than the wall charger does.

Got my Bloog MaxxFusion over the weekend. Went Golfing yesterday. I would smoke 10 cigs a round. None. This thing did the trick. No longer do I have to throw the butt on the grass, lose it, stand around looking for it. Just take a drag here or there on my schedule not the lit analog's. Ordered all Reds. I didn't even go through the carto or the battery yesterday so I assume that I will never need more than one a day as yesterday would have been considered a high usage day for me. I also bought the new trifecta battery, although I have no idea how to charge it, or what I'm going to use it for. The other two that cam with the starter kit should do it. I ordered some juice from Alien Visions and should be here this week. Still not sure how to do the juice transfer yet but I guess I will start looking into it when I have time. After having said all that. I am very stoked for this. I think that I can replace my nasty little analog habit with this with little to no problem. For me its more about the act of inhaling smoke than the nicotine addiction itself has ever been. I can go days at a time without a cigarette, and then have a beer or a huge meal and real crave the inhaling sensation. i'm not saying that my body doesn't in some from crave the nicotine, just that I don't think about it if a I miss a day or two here or there. Its always the situation that dictates the desire to smoke. I think these e-cigs can easliy replace the analog experience because it replaces the same thing for me. Its a very authentic inhaling experience. Thanks for all the inspiration and advice.
:oTomorrow's two weeks smoke free for me and I was a pack a day Marlboro reds smoker for 23 years. These things are a godsend.

Got my Bloog MaxxFusion over the weekend. Went Golfing yesterday. I would smoke 10 cigs a round. None. This thing did the trick. No longer do I have to throw the butt on the grass, lose it, stand around looking for it. Just take a drag here or there on my schedule not the lit analog's. Ordered all Reds. I didn't even go through the carto or the battery yesterday so I assume that I will never need more than one a day as yesterday would have been considered a high usage day for me. I also bought the new trifecta battery, although I have no idea how to charge it, or what I'm going to use it for. The other two that cam with the starter kit should do it. I ordered some juice from Alien Visions and should be here this week. Still not sure how to do the juice transfer yet but I guess I will start looking into it when I have time. After having said all that. I am very stoked for this. I think that I can replace my nasty little analog habit with this with little to no problem. For me its more about the act of inhaling smoke than the nicotine addiction itself has ever been. I can go days at a time without a cigarette, and then have a beer or a huge meal and real crave the inhaling sensation. i'm not saying that my body doesn't in some from crave the nicotine, just that I don't think about it if a I miss a day or two here or there. Its always the situation that dictates the desire to smoke. I think these e-cigs can easliy replace the analog experience because it replaces the same thing for me. Its a very authentic inhaling experience. Thanks for all the inspiration and advice.
The way you smoke/crave analogs are EXACTLY the same way I do and this little device sure fills that need perfectly.

:oTomorrow's two weeks smoke free for me and I was a pack a day Marlboro reds smoker for 23 years. These things are a godsend.
:shrug: :X

Evilgrin 72 said:
coyote5 said:
EvilGrin - I ordered a MaxxFusion last night for the wife - anything special I need to know about getting her started with the kit when it arrives? Is it just - charge it up, screw on a cart and start puffing? There is no primer or anything to blow out? Also, did you get your syringes yet for filling? Where did you order the syringes from? Thanks for the info!
Yep, screw it on and puff away. Bloog sends you everything fully charged, the PCC and the batteries, so you screw on a carto and are vaping within 10 seconds of opening the box. No primer puffs, nothing to blow out, just plug and play.I got the syringes Saturday afternoon, I ordered them from Bluemist - 5 ml syringes were $1 a piece, I got 5 of them. Seems to be a VERY easy way to fill, only I've overfilled a couple and lost a little juice that way. You really need to just inject about .75 ml in and if it "drinks" it up without any puddling on top of the filler, add another .25 ml. I also don't know what effect (if any) repeated injection is going to have on the filler material in the cartos, you can definitely feel the needle "muscling" its way through the filler material.
Cool, I ordered a few 16ga needles and syringes now. Have you run into any issues with filling the Bloog cartos with Boba's Bounty? I read a few things on ECF that seemed to suggest those cartos may not do as well with 100% VG fluid, but I haven't dug into it at all. I already ordered a sample of the Boba so I'll hope for the best...

Quick question about the V4L e-cigs:

My should be in the mailbox when I get home. Is it plug and play or do I need to charge for 8hrs first?

After having said all that. I am very stoked for this. I think that I can replace my nasty little analog habit with this with little to no problem. Thanks for all the inspiration and advice.
:pickle:Tomorrow's two weeks smoke free for me and I was a pack a day Marlboro reds smoker for 23 years. These things are a godsend.
Boy, I feel like the rookie here, but I'm in the middle of day 3, and carto reinforcements came in the USPS today. They threw in a 24 mg Banana Foster freebie and it's completely filled whatever void was being left by Hilton 18. Day 2 was touch and go, alone all day - a situation I'd typically run through a half a pack - but ecig got me through it. Now I have nice new assortment of 18/24 flavors and feel like I've broken through a big wall. I would not have believed I'd be 3 days in, and my mind actually thinking "I prefer banana foster ecig to cigarettes." Godsend might be an understatement. Stupid question here... for V4L folks what the heck is the difference between WOW and Premium cartos? Seems like they have the same flavors in both types but the reviews vary. I can't really tell any difference. Also, how are cool carts different?

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick question about the V4L e-cigs:My should be in the mailbox when I get home. Is it plug and play or do I need to charge for 8hrs first?
I think mine came charged and I used one right away, charging the 2nd for good measure. If you got a kit with a USB adaptor just use it while you charge. I think I prefer USB at this point... seems a bit stronger.

My V4L kit came charged, I did the same thing Jim did.

The WOW carts are shorter than the cool carts (also called premium carts), and the juice IS different. V4L won't say what's different, but the recipes do vary slightly. If you want a flavor that comes in both WOW and premium, Just look at reviews of the carts or juice before you order to find out which is better.

I like the cool carts better, they hold more juice and I also read at ECF thay they also have a little more resistance than the wow carts, so you get a little less air when taking a puff on them, which IMO more closely mimics the analog experience.

HTH

I had to go to the eye doctor today...while sitting in the exam room waiting for the Dr to come in, I took 3 nice vape hits...about 10 seconds later, the Doc comes in, no trace of vapor to be seen or smelled. . Gotta love it.

Additional V4L Cartomizer reviews:

1. Banana Foster (Premium): Got a freebie 24 mg and really liked it. Good TH... not sure what to make of the negative user reviews on V4L claiming it tastes like burnt plastic. That wasn't my experience at all. I'll definitely order this one in the future.

2. Cappuccino (WOW): Tried the 18 mg of this and meh, very disappointing. Little flavor and TH paled in comparison on the heels of Banana Foster. I'm a big coffee drinker and expected to take a liking to coffee blends. Unfortunately I ordered both this and a box of WOW Coffee Mocha before reading Wingnut's post on WOW/Premium differences... I might try this flavor in Premium before giving up on it.

3. Chocolate Banana (Premium): Ordered these in 18 mg and tried this one last. The TH was every bit as good, if not stronger, than the 24 mg Banana Foster. I'd say even stronger than the Hilton 18 mg. I'd read banana flavors have a great TH, and for both Banana Foster and Chocolate Banana that was my experience. I really like that I can get the punch I want at 18 mg strength. Right now this is the leading candidate for my all day vape go forward [in fact just ordered more of these with the 30% VTines day chocolate flavor discount].

BigJim® said:
SteevieG said:
Question for the V4L users about the chargers...

I've been having to use 1 battery because I still haven't received my replacement for a defective one I got.

When I put it on the wall charger and screw it all the way in the light turns red. I have yet to see the light turn green with the battery on it, even after being on it all night.

Today I have it on the USB charger and the light is red except for a quick blue blink every 5 seconds or so.

The battery seems to work fine and hasn't yet gone dead.

Can someone explain what the lights mean?
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you may have 2 bad batteries. You are supposed to screw it in until the blue LED light flashes 5 times, which will not be fully tight. The charge indicator then turns red, and should turn green once your unit is charged. If it isn't turning green, my guess is the battery is not fully charging. Possibly you have a bad charger if the blue LED keeps flashing intermittantly like it received the unit but doesn't move to charging. Sounds like you might need another exchange... you should maybe just start from scratch and exchange the whole set.
Did you try raising the post on your batteries? That is the center peice of the metal end where the threads are on the inside. Take a needle and insert it into the center hole, then just angle the needle, and tilt it like a lever. Then turn the battery 180 degrees and repeat. Sometimes either by tightening too much or using a bad cart can push that center post in. You just want to raise that center post a litle bit. Then avoid over tightening. It sounds like it's woking as it's supposed to on the USB charger. It should go all blue once the batt is fully charged.

Big Jim, I'm with you, the USB bypass is much better than the batteries are. From what I understand, it's all about the voltage. The bypass has a 5 volt sullpy, the batteries are 3.6 volts. That's why you see people talking about "mods" in the forum, they are making home made modifications to kick the vlotage up for more vapor, flavor and throat hit. The electrical resistance of the atomizer also plays a part.

As I understand it, the MaXX Fusion has an adjustable supply voltage from the battery right on the battery itself. What I haven't been able to find out is if the MF can get up to 4.5 or 5 volts or if it is limited to the 3.8 volts other 808 batteries have.

I think I'm on day 5 from 2 1/2 packs a day of M'boro lights to zero.

I wasn't crazy about the banana foster freebie I got, or the orange juice one either. Are the 24's helping any? My preferences are still the Cowboy, 555, Hilton and Dunhall. I still prefer the tobacco flavors.

Vape on!

Are the 24's helping any? My preferences are still the Cowboy, 555, Hilton and Dunhall. I still prefer the tobacco flavors.
I actually only used the 24 Banana Foster for around 20 minutes. Definitely gave me the kick I had been lacking with 18s. However, I've been with the 18 Chocolate Banana the rest of the day without any letdown at all. I'll go right back to the 24's if I need the extra umph, probably tomorrow morning. I got 24s in an Expresso sampler and Kiwi/Strawberry. On 555/Dunhall/Hilton, I think I burned out from faux tobacco. I've only tried the tobacco sampler and it just wore on me. Best analogy I can come up with is the letdown you get trying someone else's cigarette brand when you ran out and it tastes worse than what you're used to, but you have it anyway. I was feeling a bit like that with the tobacco flavors... a little regret they didn't taste more like Camel, wondering if I could learn to really enjoy them. For some reason I don't get that regret trying new flavors. What Wingnut said really resonates with me - ie. why choose a tobacco over more pleasant tastes if what I really want/need is nicotine and TH? I definitely plan to keep trying different flavors and cowboy is one of them, and the Red EG suggested is also on my buy list.

I got my Maxxfusion PCC. Pulled it out of the box and it works great right away. I got Kamel and the flavor is meh. I'm not really getting a tobacco flavor. My wife thought it tasted like grapes. I have some other flavors I'm going to try. Hopefully I can find something I like much better. I really want to quit analog. I think this should be a good substitute.

Are the 24's helping any? My preferences are still the Cowboy, 555, Hilton and Dunhall. I still prefer the tobacco flavors.
I actually only used the 24 Banana Foster for around 20 minutes. Definitely gave me the kick I had been lacking with 18s. However, I've been with the 18 Chocolate Banana the rest of the day without any letdown at all. I'll go right back to the 24's if I need the extra umph, probably tomorrow morning. I got 24s in an Expresso sampler and Kiwi/Strawberry. On 555/Dunhall/Hilton, I think I burned out from faux tobacco. I've only tried the tobacco sampler and it just wore on me. Best analogy I can come up with is the letdown you get trying someone else's cigarette brand when you ran out and it tastes worse than what you're used to, but you have it anyway. I was feeling a bit like that with the tobacco flavors... a little regret they didn't taste more like Camel, wondering if I could learn to really enjoy them. For some reason I don't get that regret trying new flavors. What Wingnut said really resonates with me - ie. why choose a tobacco over more pleasant tastes if what I really want/need is nicotine and TH? I definitely plan to keep trying different flavors and cowboy is one of them, and the Red EG suggested is also on my buy list.
I agree. I've been a camel light smoker for a long time. And since day one when I got my classic caramel in the starter kit I didn't miss the non-Camel taste. I don't think I'm one for the fruity flavors. I really don't like fruit much to begin with. But the caramel/coffee flavors really are nice. I think it's the feel of the drag. I remember running out of cigs and having a marlboro light. I'd hate marlboro lights so much that I'd take some scissors and cut a little bit off the filter to get a little stronger drag. It is so nice to be able to sit here in front of my computer and take a couple of drags off my e-cig and not have to go outside. It's so much more enjoyable.

I finally ordered the Maxx Fusion starter kit, thanks mostly to this thread. I'm a fairly light smoker, about 5 cigs a day. I enjoy it too much to stop, but I like the idea of trading smoking for vaping, so I'm going to give it a try.

Do I understand correctly that I can use cartomizers from other manufactures like V4L? How do you know if things are compatible?

I finally ordered the Maxx Fusion starter kit, thanks mostly to this thread. I'm a fairly light smoker, about 5 cigs a day. I enjoy it too much to stop, but I like the idea of trading smoking for vaping, so I'm going to give it a try.Do I understand correctly that I can use cartomizers from other manufactures like V4L? How do you know if things are compatible?
I believe the bloog Maxx Fusion batteries are KR808D1 type, and that the V4L Vapor Kings are the same battery type. Most in this thread who have ordered from Bloog or V4L have had positive results, unless they received a defective battery (all the batteries are made in China and sometimes you can get a defective one right out of the box).I already have the Maxx Fusion myself and just completed an order from V4L (couple batteries and some cartos and juice), so sometime in the next week I'll report back on whether or not the units are compatible and if I am successful using the batteries and cartos interchangeably. However, if I didn't expect them to be compatible I would not have placed this order.

I finally ordered the Maxx Fusion starter kit, thanks mostly to this thread. I'm a fairly light smoker, about 5 cigs a day. I enjoy it too much to stop, but I like the idea of trading smoking for vaping, so I'm going to give it a try.Do I understand correctly that I can use cartomizers from other manufactures like V4L? How do you know if things are compatible?
I believe the bloog Maxx Fusion batteries are KR808D1 type, and that the V4L Vapor Kings are the same battery type. Most in this thread who have ordered from Bloog or V4L have had positive results, unless they received a defective battery (all the batteries are made in China and sometimes you can get a defective one right out of the box).I already have the Maxx Fusion myself and just completed an order from V4L (couple batteries and some cartos and juice), so sometime in the next week I'll report back on whether or not the units are compatible and if I am successful using the batteries and cartos interchangeably. However, if I didn't expect them to be compatible I would not have placed this order.
Bloog and V4L are compatible :lmao:

I just ordered another starter kit from V4L and was very close to going with the Maxx fusion instead. Could you do a comparison here after you get the V4L? Lots os confusion, at least on my part about the two. Some say the Maxx is better because of the carts, others say it's the battery. It's impossible to wadfe through all those posts at that forum to come away with any kind of consensus. I know the V4L USB bypass is great, but the batteries don't measure up, likely due to the 3.8 vs 5 volt power, but I sure would like to hear your opinion on a comaprison. The Maxx is clearly more expensive. But is it really better?

:shrug:Tomorrow's two weeks smoke free for me and I was a pack a day Marlboro reds smoker for 23 years. These things are a godsend.
Friday will be two weeks nicotine free for me. I decided to order a Volcano though so I can enjoy THC the way you guys are doing it. :excited:

I just ordered another starter kit from V4L and was very close to going with the Maxx fusion instead. Could you do a comparison here after you get the V4L? Lots os confusion, at least on my part about the two. Some say the Maxx is better because of the carts, others say it's the battery. It's impossible to wadfe through all those posts at that forum to come away with any kind of consensus. I know the V4L USB bypass is great, but the batteries don't measure up, likely due to the 3.8 vs 5 volt power, but I sure would like to hear your opinion on a comaprison. The Maxx is clearly more expensive. But is it really better?
I think it all depends on your own personal taste. From most of the comparisons Ive read, its pretty much split down the middle, with Bloog perhaps edging out V4L by a hair. Some like the Bloog better, some like the V4L better (and some people are just plain old brand loyal). From what Ive understand, the battery technology is pretty much the same in the Maxx Fusion and the new Diamond series batteries from V4L...The V4L's seem to have a more airy hit, that could be from the bigger hole in the battery post compared to the "old" V4L style...myself, I prefer the old style V4L batts over the new Diamond Series, I like a little more resistance when I take a drag, and I dont mind the primer puff. I really dont think you can go wrong with either, especially since both make it easy to quit analogs. I havent tried the Bloogs yet, but Im a fan of V4L because they are constantly having 20-30% off sales, which lets me buy most of my supplies a good bit cheaper, which is important to me right now (Im planning on getting a new vehicle in May and buying a house by the end of this year, so Im on a tight savings budget for a while).

Unfortunately after initially working, one of my V4L batteries is no longer allowing cartos to twist all the way on; there is a noticeable gap when cartos stop twisting and they won't twist any further. No emergency since I'm using the USB almost exclusively, but guess I'll be trying out that V4L customer service tomorrow.

Unfortunately after initially working, one of my V4L batteries is no longer allowing cartos to twist all the way on; there is a noticeable gap when cartos stop twisting and they won't twist any further. No emergency since I'm using the USB almost exclusively, but guess I'll be trying out that V4L customer service tomorrow.
Did they screw on ok before? Have you cleaned the threads? I wipe mine clean in between each carto change. If that doesnt do it, is it cross threaded? The only things that would all of a sudden stop cartos from screwing on right are debris in the threads, cross threading, or the connecting posts are pulled up too far (but I think youd still be able to screw it on in that case, the posts are easily pulled up and pushed back)

Not really expecting any difference, but I am curious myself and look forward to finding out first hand. I also plan on playing around with interchanging V4L and Bloog batteries and cartos, and will most certainly report back afterwards.

That happened to me with a few cartos. They went on the USB bypass OK though, and after that they went on the cartos with no problem. I suspect that sometimes these cartos have a small burr of metal stuck in the threads. Is this happening with all of your cartos on just one battey? Likely something stuck in the threads. Maybe my problem was also with the threads on the battery. Can't quite remember. Perhaps I just found a cart that cleared a burr out on my battery threads? I'll guess that's what happened. After happening a few times the same day, it didn't happen before and hasn't happened since. All this stuff is still made in China, and QC isn't what they are known for. geoff8695, I'll be looking forward to that report.

:shrug:Tomorrow's two weeks smoke free for me and I was a pack a day Marlboro reds smoker for 23 years. These things are a godsend.
Friday will be two weeks nicotine free for me. I decided to order a Volcano though so I can enjoy THC the way you guys are doing it. :lmao:
Way to go, DrJ. I sincerely hope it's getting easier by the day....

Friday will be two weeks nicotine free for me. I decided to order a Volcano though so I can enjoy THC the way you guys are doing it. :lmao:
It is. There's certain times where I get some mild cravings. But they're tolerable, and I'm guessing it gets better over time. Have managed to drink twice now without the same issues as that first time on day 2. I a suspect tailgating is going to be the hardest hurdle, but football season is still a long way off.

:lmao:Tomorrow's two weeks smoke free for me and I was a pack a day Marlboro reds smoker for 23 years. These things are a godsend.
Friday will be two weeks nicotine free for me. I decided to order a Volcano though so I can enjoy THC the way you guys are doing it. :coffee:
It is. There's certain times where I get some mild cravings. But they're tolerable, and I'm guessing it gets better over time. Have managed to drink twice now without the same issues as that first time on day 2. I a suspect tailgating is going to be the hardest hurdle, but football season is still a long way off.
By then, hopefully you'll be long since over it. Nice job, brah. :)

That happened to me with a few cartos. They went on the USB bypass OK though, and after that they went on the cartos with no problem. I suspect that sometimes these cartos have a small burr of metal stuck in the threads. Is this happening with all of your cartos on just one battey? Likely something stuck in the threads. Maybe my problem was also with the threads on the battery. Can't quite remember. Perhaps I just found a cart that cleared a burr out on my battery threads? I'll guess that's what happened. After happening a few times the same day, it didn't happen before and hasn't happened since. All this stuff is still made in China, and QC isn't what they are known for. geoff8695, I'll be looking forward to that report.
Well, on second thought I won't call customer services because it's not the battery. I assumed it was the battery because it did fit on the USB, but now tried this carto on the other battery and same issue. I should have tried that yesterday. And when I finally hit the Nuport 24 (freebie) on the USB I decided possibly my batteries are just above being associated with that flavor, hard to blame them there.ETA: Just started up WOW Cafe Mocha 18... great flavor, great TH, plumes of vapor. Definitely in the running with Banana/Chocolate 18 as my all-day vape.

So I ordered the Vapor King Ultimate XL kit which comes with 2 Extra Long (380 mAh) batteries that last 8+ hours,a Manual USB Passthrough, a USB charger, a wall charger, and one pack of 5 cartomizers.

I should have it in a couple of days. I was wondering what if anything I should order next. How long will the one pack of 5 cartomizers last? Should I order some more now? I was hoping to get my order and see how I like the product and go from there but am open to suggestions.

I was also wondering with the kit I bought what is left to buy for the next few months or so? Is it just cartomizers and juice or am I missing something. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

So I ordered the Vapor King Ultimate XL kit which comes with 2 Extra Long (380 mAh) batteries that last 8+ hours,a Manual USB Passthrough, a USB charger, a wall charger, and one pack of 5 cartomizers.I should have it in a couple of days. I was wondering what if anything I should order next. How long will the one pack of 5 cartomizers last? Should I order some more now? I was hoping to get my order and see how I like the product and go from there but am open to suggestions. I was also wondering with the kit I bought what is left to buy for the next few months or so? Is it just cartomizers and juice or am I missing something. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Yup, all youll need over the next few months is juice and cartos.How long carts last depends on how much you smoke. Youll probably get a couple freebie cartos with it as well...I had 7 carts total when I got my kit, they lasted me 5 days. What Id do if I were you, is the day you get it, try the flavor you ordered and any freebie flavors. Pick the one you like the best and order 30ml of juice, and a pack carts in that flavor so you can refill them (look for a discount code first, they almost always have a sale going).Then youll probably be set for about a month. Youll use the 5 pre-filled, then refill each one for up to a week or so (your mileage may vary). Then start trying different flavors, etc to find some favorites.

So I ordered the Vapor King Ultimate XL kit which comes with 2 Extra Long (380 mAh) batteries that last 8+ hours,a Manual USB Passthrough, a USB charger, a wall charger, and one pack of 5 cartomizers.I should have it in a couple of days. I was wondering what if anything I should order next. How long will the one pack of 5 cartomizers last? Should I order some more now? I was hoping to get my order and see how I like the product and go from there but am open to suggestions. I was also wondering with the kit I bought what is left to buy for the next few months or so? Is it just cartomizers and juice or am I missing something. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Sounds like you're set to me if you are looking to test it out and go from there. If I could go back in time the only thing I'd do differently is spend the extra $20 to get a couple packs of cartomizer flavor assortments at varying nicotine strength. You'll get 1-2 freebie flavor carts with your order, but they will be at the same strength you ordered the 5-pack. To me the biggest hurdle is finding a flavor/strength that makes you believe in this as a replacement.I was a little down the first 2 days, having picked a tobacco sampler I wasn't crazy about at a nic level that left me wanting in the morning. Eventually I ordered some flavors, and increased the nic level on some for morning use. For $20 I could have stayed ahead of the game.On cartomizer life, I'd say count on 1 day with prefilled, maybe lasting 2-3 days if you only use occasionally. I was hitting hard the first 2 days since I was at a lower nic level than I wanted, and they lasted 1-day.

Any of you guys having any issues with 100% VG juices not working well in your cartos? Boba's Bounty for example is 100% VG... Some people at ECF claim that it is too thick and can foul the atomizer etc...

Any of you guys having any issues with 100% VG juices not working well in your cartos? Boba's Bounty for example is 100% VG... Some people at ECF claim that it is too thick and can foul the atomizer etc...
I stay away from 100% VG juice, mainly for that reason...I stick with juices with a max of 50% VG (I usually order 80pg/20vg or 70pg/30vg though)..that way, its not overly thick, and the PG produces better throat hit. Most 100% VG juices are known to be lacking in the TH dept. Even the 50/50 mix I have seems a bit too thick even though the vapror production is off the charts.

Haven't had any issues whatsoever with 100% VG with the Bloog. I prefer an 80/20 PG/VG blend but the TH at 24mg has been acceptable with the 100% VG liquids and have had no issues with fouling cartos. In fact, I just ordered 100ml of Boba's Bounty yesterday. I went big yesterday - ordered 25 new cartomizers and about 200-250 mls of juice (on top of the 18 or so flavors I already have.) I figure I won't have to spend another cent on vaping until mid-summer at the earliest.

So I ordered the Vapor King Ultimate XL kit which comes with 2 Extra Long (380 mAh) batteries that last 8+ hours,a Manual USB Passthrough, a USB charger, a wall charger, and one pack of 5 cartomizers.

I should have it in a couple of days. I was wondering what if anything I should order next. How long will the one pack of 5 cartomizers last? Should I order some more now? I was hoping to get my order and see how I like the product and go from there but am open to suggestions.

I was also wondering with the kit I bought what is left to buy for the next few months or so? Is it just cartomizers and juice or am I missing something. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
I've really enjoyed having options. One flavor might not have done the trick for me. I currently have a four flavor (tobacco type) rotation that is keeping me happy, but I have more flavors on the way that include fruity and dessert types.Red & RY4 are two that I ordered with my starter kit from Bloog

Freedom Juice & Torque56 are two juices that I ordered from Halo

RY4 doesn't have a strong flavor by comparison, but produces a good volume of vapor, and has a pleasant caramel undertone. This is my most frequented flavor because it's a bit of a blank slate and I like the vapor. The taste certainly isn't overpowering, but when it's not flavorful enough I just rotate to one of the other flavors.

Red has become an acquired taste. I thought it was a little too nutty flavored at first, but it is more full bodied than RY4 IMO. It also isn't overpowering in terms of flavor so sometimes I still need to kick it up a notch with one of the Halo juices.

Freedom Juice has a sweet and full bodied tobacco flavor up front and good vapor production, but I really didn't care for it originally because I was detecting a slightly flowery/almost scented soap like after taste. However, I've returned to it a few times over the last week and it has really grown on me to the point that my 3 flavor rotation is now up to 4...

Torque56 is a nice rich pipe tobacco type full bodied flavor, and when RY4 or Red is too light this one hits the spot. Alternately, when this is hitting a little too hard I can step down to RY4 or Red and get nice vapor production with a more subtle taste. This is probably my 2nd most used flavor. I like alternating between Torque and RY4 and then if I get bored switch things up a little with some Red or Freedom Juice.

Big Jim and Wingnut also provided excellent replies to your post, I would definitely look into adding some additional flavors but ultimately it's up to personal preference. If you are a heavy smoker though you may want to stick to the 18mg - 24mg nicotine varieties in tobacco flavors to better emulate the TH and nicotine potency of an analog. I'm a lighter smoker though, and all of my juices/cartos have been in the 4mg-6mg nicotine strengths. That's been a little weak at times even for me, but the varieties have kept me interested enough to stay away from the real thing.

How do you guys know when a carto is out of juice. I'm still on my first Bloog Fusion carto and it still produces a ton of vapor but it seems to be a tiny bit harsher than when I first started on it. I actually popped off the rubber cap and the absorbent material looks fairly dry. But the direction indicate you get about the equivalent of aprox 20 analog cigarette drags, which I have to believe I'm well under.

How do you guys know when a carto is out of juice. I'm still on my first Bloog Fusion carto and it still produces a ton of vapor but it seems to be a tiny bit harsher than when I first started on it. I actually popped off the rubber cap and the absorbent material looks fairly dry. But the direction indicate you get about the equivalent of aprox 20 analog cigarette drags, which I have to believe I'm well under.
I top mine off or refill them when I notice a drop in taste or harshness. A full carto gets nowhere near a pack of cigarettes though, even though all the companies advertise that they do...its more like 5-10.

My short experience has been eventually I get a burnt taste, far less crackly sound, and no throat hit. Still plumes of vapor but I assume they are empty at that point and toss them. I've had a couple where the burnt taste came sooner than I expected... in fact my 2nd cart of Chocolate Banana gave way after just 5 hours today, after the first cart lasted all yesterday into this morning. I didn't bother opening them up and checking the filter. Figured either bad cartomizer, which happens, or maybe not as filled. I think a general knock on prefilleds is they are sort of inconsistent in how long they last, or whether they are good to begin with.

Here's a summarized review:

All of the flavors I bought from BlueMist are outstanding. All have good TH and vapor. I got the 24mg plus extra flavor.

RY4: Solid

Maple Bacon- As I described above, more maple-y than bacon-y, but still very good.

Cherry tobacco- Good flavor, very subtle cherry undertones

Caramel- Very mellow, tasty caramel flavor

DK Tobacco type- This one almost tastes like peanut butter. Very, very good.

I'm very happy with all of these.

On another note, I have two short autos from V4L. I do not have a car charger. I am pleased to say that my 2 batteries lasted all day, on my drive from north Atlanta to Birmingham and back, with lots of miles in between. Total of 10 hours in the car. Both batteries died within 10 minutes of my house. As far as use, I was hitting them constantly.

I am also at 27 hours without an analog.

As SOON as you see ANY drop off in vapor or flavor, stop using that cart. You can refill them with juice, and that is by far the more economical solution vs. buying preloaded carts. You can refill used carts that way.

I just ordered a "mod".

http://www.notcigs.com/

The whole reason the USB byass from V4L is so good is the 5 volt supply voltage. There are battery based vaporizers that deliver the same punch the V4L USB bypasses do. They call them "mods". Some very new ones like the Bloog and Notcigs' Infinity do this in a smaller more cigarette-like packaging, but they are still quite new and not all of the design and production issues have been ironed out.

I just ordered Notcigs' Buzz. It's a bigger unit for sure, and does not resemble a real cigarette, but I need that USB bypass performance from a proven battery design that is durable as heck. The Buzz fits that bill. Built like a brick chithouse. Good battery availability.

It was VERY confusing, since I had all of these V4L cartos and wanted compatability with them, and these "mod" suppliers don't do a very good job of making it easy to buy in terms of carto compatabilty and the like. Finally, after starting a thread in the supplier forum, the Notcigs forum, I was able to order this variable voltage mod knowing it's all compatable with my V4L stuff. Confusing to say the very least.

Here is that thread in the Notcig forum:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/not...igs-primer.html

Anyways, as soon as I get my Buzz from Notcigs, I'll post a review here. I HAD to have that V4L USB bypass performance in a battery based personal vaporizer. I think I've found it. The Buzz is proven, reliable. Might not be sleek looking, but for me it's about reliability and delivering enough proven performance to keep me off analogs forever. Day 6 and counting form 2-3 packs a day.

Ok, dumb question time (actually 2):

1. What is the USB Bypass? I saw the picture on the V4L website, but I don't understand what I am looking at.

2. For those of you buying blanks, and filling them yourself- How are you keeping straight which cart has which flavor if all the carts are the same?

Ok, dumb question time (actually 2):1. What is the USB Bypass? I saw the picture on the V4L website, but I don't understand what I am looking at.2. For those of you buying blanks, and filling them yourself- How are you keeping straight which cart has which flavor if all the carts are the same?
The bypass holds a cartomizer and just plugs into a USB port and you can vape away sitting at your computer or if you have an adapter you can do the same in your car without having to run down a 'battery'.The blanks don't have to be the same as some sites like V4L offer a variety pack where each is a different color.

Ok, dumb question time (actually 2):1. What is the USB Bypass? I saw the picture on the V4L website, but I don't understand what I am looking at.2. For those of you buying blanks, and filling them yourself- How are you keeping straight which cart has which flavor if all the carts are the same?
The USB bypass replaces the battery with a 5 volt supply from your computer USB port. LOTS more vapor, flavor and throat hit. The battery based V4L's don't come close to the performance of their USB bypass. But that is true for any one battery 3.8 voltage KR808 battery, or any of the other single battery based personal vaporizers. BigJim has commented on this too. The USB bypass is soooo much better than the battery V4L's, and again, it is not a knock on V4L, it's just that a 3.8 volt supply voltage doesn't have the punch of a 5 vollt vaporizer. That is why there are these "mods' as they are called. They are battery based vaporizers, but most are bigger than any cigarette look alike KR808 battery based unit. If you are buying V4L, but the cartos loaded, then refill them. It's actaully more economical than buying blanks. Buy thyem loaded, then refill them with juice. Buying preloads means different color cartos. I put them in different boxes and label the box. Do the same for blank cartos. I pile up my empties, fill them, and sort them into boxes labeled with what I reloaded them with.

When you order the XL kit from V4L, a usb passthrough is included in addition to your 2 batteries.

Rovers said:
Tecumseh said:
Ok, dumb question time (actually 2):1. What is the USB Bypass? I saw the picture on the V4L website, but I don't understand what I am looking at.
BigJim has commented on this too. The USB bypass is soooo much better than the battery V4L's, and again, it is not a knock on V4L, it's just that a 3.8 volt supply voltage doesn't have the punch of a 5 vollt vaporizer.
You are correct sir, I didn't touch a battery all day and plan to use USB whenever possible. To think I didn't even remove this from my kit my first week of experimenting. So easy to plug into the back of my computer, which I sit at 10 hours a day (work from home). On a similar note I just re-read some posts looking for something to for auto adaptors. Saw they have these under accessories at V4L and says it is 5V just like the computer power. Wingnut, did I see you have one of these? Anything to report? If they work as well as my USB computer bypass, that's my next purchase for sure. I have a 5 hour drive to northern Wisconsin on the 25th to prepare for, and go 3 hours each way to a cabin frequently. I was just liking using the battery in the car, thinking how much less of a hassel it was to vape in a car than smoke in a confined space, window down slightly on a -10 degree day, and get rid of a butt. But there's maybe more power too? Yes please.

Users who are viewing this thread