What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Wow....listen to this homeless guy.... (1 Viewer)

First I learned the ugly can sing well, now I've learned the homeless can speak with a smooth voice.

For all saying that he'll get a job - he had one! Probably couldn't show up to work on time because of the drugs and alcohol and that's why he is homeless.

For all saying that he'll get a job - he had one! Probably couldn't show up to work on time because of the drugs and alcohol and that's why he is homeless.
Uh, yeah. He pretty much admitted that in the piece. But he also said he's been clean for two years and is looking for an opportunity.

He should try baseball if radio doesn't work out.

I-71 and Hudson. :lmao:

If he really is clean and can stay clean, I think he has a great opportunity coming up. :goodposting:

I hope you're fishing.Guy totally acknowledged his troubles were due to decisions he made himself. And that he's now been clean 2 years and is trying to make it.I know nothing about him but from what I know of these folks, he likely had addiction troubles and the difference between him and most of us is that he didn't have the family / friends / money / support to bail him out. Middle class and higher people with addiction troubles go to rehab. Poor people with addiction troubles wind up in jail. This guy is trying and has a talent that he's developed and I hope he makes it.J

I hope you're fishing.Guy totally acknowledged his troubles were due to decisions he made himself. And that he's now been clean 2 years and is trying to make it.I know nothing about him but from what I know of these folks, he likely had addiction troubles and the difference between him and most of us is that he didn't have the family / friends / money / support to bail him out. Middle class and higher people with addiction troubles go to rehab. Poor people with addiction troubles wind up in jail. This guy is trying and has a talent that he's developed and I hope he makes it.J
GET HIM ON THE AUDIBLE WITH CECIL AND BLOOM!!

Has to be more to the story if he is already getting interviews. He already worked in the industry so he is not some undiscovered talent. My guess is felony problems. Still rooting for him.

Updates from the youtube posting - sounds promising!

And props to the person who posted this on youtube and got the ball rolling, and is actively trying to help Ted - simply awesome. :shrug:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTysXITBCmk...player_embedded

Throwing this video from the Columbus Dispatch out there, hoping we can find this talent a place to call home.

UPDATE-1: Many thanks go out to all of you who have been tossing phone numbers and e-mails my way for Ted's sake. I went up to Hudson/I-71 (Columbus) today, but Ted wasn't there. He is going to be on air tomorrow morning on radio station WNCI. I've left my contact info w/WNCI to call/e-mail me on a way to get your enormous opportunities over to him.

I'm going to give him a Trac phone (w/ample minutes) so that he can return calls to all of you.

Hopefully, in some way I'll get in contact w/him. Peace.

UPDATE-2: To all those who have been writing me (as one of Ted's only means of contact), I have learned that the radio station interviewing him tomorrow (1-5-11) a.m. is going to make him a formal offer. Whether true or not, we'll see.

Hope it works out well for him. That was the whole point of me posting this video. I cannot thank enough everyone who was willing to do their part in offering Ted their helping hand.

Whoever lands him is certainly getting much more than a memorable personality; they're getting a great human being as part of their team.

My best to all.

It was funny to hear the "Watch Family Guy" bit, because he sounds exactly like that dude. Not sure if the original is local or national...Either way, this guy is awesome and deserves another chance. No doubt he'll come across something soon.

Watching him on CBS right now. He just spoke about how one of his main prayers has been that his mother would stay alive long enough to see him rebound - and he is headed to NY this afternoon to see her. :tinfoilhat:

He seems really genuine, and I wish all the best for him.

Nice little story. But it's gotten HUGE. It's the social media viral video daily darling, with every piece of fluff relying on user comments to suggest and reinforce that this guy has an AMAZING voice. OMG!

While he's got a great voice for radio, it's hardly unique. Lots of folks have voices like that. One hears such folks on the radio. Often.

What this story has going for it is the Susan Boyle effect, to a lower degree. You don't expect a voice like that to come from a somewhat disheveled sign dude.

Nice story. But he's not quite what people are making him out to be.

Hope he gets a good job; not easy to do in radio. (He's already been offered a radio gig at minimum wage.)

So I tuned in for a few seconds before they went to the :jawdrop: music. He got an offer to host one show in NY, some other commercial deal for $10k and one offer that we all would love, an all expenses paid trip to Hilo, Hawaii to do a commercial. Not too shabby. Nice little turnaround for the guy.

I certainly hope that he's legitimately clean and can stay clean. Wouldn't be the first time an addicted homeless guy claimed to be drug free in order to make a buck. Hopefully he makes the most of his opportunity.

Nice little story. But it's gotten HUGE. It's the social media viral video daily darling, with every piece of fluff relying on user comments to suggest and reinforce that this guy has an AMAZING voice. OMG! While he's got a great voice for radio, it's hardly unique. Lots of folks have voices like that. One hears such folks on the radio. Often.What this story has going for it is the Susan Boyle effect, to a lower degree. You don't expect a voice like that to come from a somewhat disheveled sign dude. Nice story. But he's not quite what people are making him out to be.Hope he gets a good job; not easy to do in radio. (He's already been offered a radio gig at minimum wage.)
I bet you're a real hit at parties.

Good for him, I hope he gets another shot at life
:goodposting: I heard this clip on the radio yesterday but didn't catch his name. You have to remember that this was taped was using a crappy camcorder microphone too. I listen to a lot of talk radio and sometimes a host of one show will call another show from the phone and you can barely recognize the, tinny, hollow voice.

Last edited by a moderator:
I certainly hope that he's legitimately clean and can stay clean. Wouldn't be the first time an addicted homeless guy claimed to be drug free in order to make a buck. Hopefully he makes the most of his opportunity.
News for you. He might not really be drug free now. And if he is drug free now, he might fall off the wagon in the future. It's a gigantic struggle for people with all the resources and support available to break some addictions. For a homeless guy, it's way tougher. I'm NOT saying you're doing this but the whole "jump through this hoop of proving to me that you meet my standard of drug / alcohol use" before I want to help you thing is distasteful to me. Again, I'm not talking to you grove, but I see people put forth that sort of feeling sometimes.My first thought isn't "I hope he's really not using". My first thought is "I hope this guy can get things together". The first is absolutely related to the second. But I think how one prioritizes those desires is a big part of the answer in how we help folks.J

News for you. He might not really be drug free now. And if he is drug free now, he might fall off the wagon in the future. It's a gigantic struggle for people with all the resources and support available to break some addictions. For a homeless guy, it's way tougher. I'm NOT saying you're doing this but the whole "jump through this hoop of proving to me that you meet my standard of drug / alcohol use" before I want to help you thing is distasteful to me. Again, I'm not talking to you grove, but I see people put forth that sort of feeling sometimes.

My first thought isn't "I hope he's really not using". My first thought is "I hope this guy can get things together". The first is absolutely related to the second. But I think how one prioritizes those desires is a big part of the answer in how we help folks.

J
:blackdot: Homelessness, addiction and mental illness mires many in a vicious cycle from which breaking free can be a nearly insurmountable task without outside help and support.

News for you. He might not really be drug free now. And if he is drug free now, he might fall off the wagon in the future. It's a gigantic struggle for people with all the resources and support available to break some addictions. For a homeless guy, it's way tougher. I'm NOT saying you're doing this but the whole "jump through this hoop of proving to me that you meet my standard of drug / alcohol use" before I want to help you thing is distasteful to me. Again, I'm not talking to you grove, but I see people put forth that sort of feeling sometimes.

My first thought isn't "I hope he's really not using". My first thought is "I hope this guy can get things together". The first is absolutely related to the second. But I think how one prioritizes those desires is a big part of the answer in how we help folks.

J
:blackdot: Homelessness, addiction and mental illness mires many in a vicious cycle from which breaking free can be a nearly insurmountable task without outside help and support.
:mellow: I'm also looking forward to your duet with him.

So I tuned in for a few seconds before they went to the :mellow: music. He got an offer to host one show in NY, some other commercial deal for $10k and one offer that we all would love, an all expenses paid trip to Hilo, Hawaii to do a commercial. Not too shabby. Nice little turnaround for the guy.
Not to nit pick, but Hilo sucks...town shuts down by 5pm every day. But it definitely beats living on the streets :blackdot:

Last edited by a moderator:
So I tuned in for a few seconds before they went to the :mellow: music. He got an offer to host one show in NY, some other commercial deal for $10k and one offer that we all would love, an all expenses paid trip to Hilo, Hawaii to do a commercial. Not too shabby. Nice little turnaround for the guy.
Not to nit pick, but Hilo sucks...town shuts down by 5pm every day. But it definitely beats living on the streets :blackdot:
Well, hopefully the dude isn't going to be looking to party.

So I tuned in for a few seconds before they went to the :shrug: music. He got an offer to host one show in NY, some other commercial deal for $10k and one offer that we all would love, an all expenses paid trip to Hilo, Hawaii to do a commercial. Not too shabby. Nice little turnaround for the guy.
Not to nit pick, but Hilo sucks...town shuts down by 5pm every day. But it definitely beats living on the streets :unsure:
Well, hopefully the dude isn't going to be looking to party.
Good point

Users who are viewing this thread