What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mark Ingram (6 Viewers)

'davearm said:
'Mr Rodgers neighborhood said:
So you expect tiny Sproles or Mr Glass Pierre Thomas to stay healthy? It only takes one to go down for him to be relevant this season.
I see this point brought up quite a bit.I rarely see anyone consider that that one cuts both ways -- Ingram could just as easily get hurt, and lose whatever value he still has.
All else being equal, it's twice as likely that one of Sproles or Thomas will be injured than that Ingram will.

'Luke Skywalker said:
Sounds to me like most of the crying and gnashing of teeth here is being done by people who blindly followed FBG's instead of doing their own research.....any Saints homer could've told you there was going to be a 3-way split and how Payton handles his backs (granted, at the time the 3rd back was Ivory instead of Sproles, but still....) Matter of fact, if I'm not mistaken there were several posts on this very board to that point.
What's it like to be so awesome at fantasy football? Lonely?

'Luke Skywalker said:
Sounds to me like most of the crying and gnashing of teeth here is being done by people who blindly followed FBG's instead of doing their own research.....any Saints homer could've told you there was going to be a 3-way split and how Payton handles his backs (granted, at the time the 3rd back was Ivory instead of Sproles, but still....) Matter of fact, if I'm not mistaken there were several posts on this very board to that point.
What's it like to be so awesome at fantasy football? Lonely?
It is lonely at the top. :thumbup: In all seriousness, I wasn't trying to be sanctimonious although I could see how it would be taken that way. Just trying to say, this message board is a much better resource than any FF "think tank". Take the advice of the homers (except when it comes to Jermichael Finley.)

Use the force, Luke.

'GreenNGold said:
You do realize the reason FBG exists (and a large portion of their target audience who subscribe to them) is so people can blindly follow them, right?
I get that, but if you're so disinterested in playing FF that you can't be bothered to do your own research, why bother? You might as well just take all your FF money and go buy a bunch of scratch-off lotto tickets if that's the case.I like FBG and I think it's a great tool, but at the end of the day I'm going to trust my own observations if they are different.

I'm being completely sincere here but I really wished FBG pimped Mathews this year like they did Ingram. Mathews is totally living up to his potential.............

'Luke Skywalker said:
Sounds to me like most of the crying and gnashing of teeth here is being done by people who blindly followed FBG's instead of doing their own research.....

any Saints homer could've told you there was going to be a 3-way split and how Payton handles his backs (granted, at the time the 3rd back was Ivory instead of Sproles, but still....) Matter of fact, if I'm not mistaken there were several posts on this very board to that point.
I don't get this comment. Accessing expert analysis is research, isn't it? I faithfully listen to all the Pre-Season Watch List Audibles, for example, and I consider that part of my research. Last off-season it was Bloom and Lammey's enthusiasm for Hakeem Nicks that really pushed me to target him last year. That worked out really well. This year, I bought into their Ingram hype. It's not like I just saw Ingram's name on the top of an "expert" list and said, "okay, sign me up." Bloom, who knows his stuff, was a big believer in Ingram's potential to be a fantasy force this year. He made a great case and had me convinced.

Bloom (just like any expert) isn't going to be right 100% of the time. I can deal with that. As he always says, when you take a stand on everything, you're going to be wrong sometimes. But I don't support this notion that listening to the analysis of others isn't research. If research means watching everything with your own eyes and making conclusions based on that alone (or crunching your own numbers), why access FBG at all?

Im just glad I have him in a keeper league and have others to tide me over in the interim.

At least he has caught passes three weeks in a row....and this week they finally totaled a point.

On of these days he is going to burst into the second level and go 30 yards. I don't see a CB being able to tackle him without help or getting him by the ankles.

lotta whining in this thread blaming FBG. Jeez get over yourselves. Not everybody is always right. Heck I had no intention of drafting Ingram cuz like I said in another thread Payton always rotates RBs and that wasnt gonna change. A bunch of people jumped all over me saying "Why would they trade up to get Ingram if they werent planning on making him their bell cow?" Even with all that I still got caught up in the hype and drafted him in the 4th round. Nobodys fault but my own for not listening to my gut from the beginning.

lotta whining in this thread blaming FBG. Jeez get over yourselves. Not everybody is always right. Heck I had no intention of drafting Ingram cuz like I said in another thread Payton always rotates RBs and that wasnt gonna change. A bunch of people jumped all over me saying "Why would they trade up to get Ingram if they werent planning on making him their bell cow?" Even with all that I still got caught up in the hype and drafted him in the 4th round. Nobodys fault but my own for not listening to my gut from the beginning.
This is true. It is fun to come here and share and collect other ideas and to read articles or listen to podcasts to get other viewpoints, it definitely has helped open up my eyes on a lot of players. When it comes down to it though, I make my own decisions and I do not rely solely on advice from anyone else. I do not understand why some folks want to have fantasy football teams but have someone else make all their decisions for them. It sort of takes the fun out of it, imo.

'Luke Skywalker said:
Any Saints homer would have been making an educated guess. Just like the FBG experts were doing.If you think anyone knew with certainty how this would unfold, you're fooling yourself.

Why are you always so angry Chief?

. Ingram has had the bulk of short yardage carries which has his ypc skewed. Defenses have really keyed on him in those situations
This has been debunked multiple times in the thread. Ingram has sucked in all situations.
No he hasn't, and I don't need this thread to tell me anything. I watch the games every Sunday. Maybe you should try the same.
I'm not angry. I just know he's wrong.

. Ingram has had the bulk of short yardage carries which has his ypc skewed. Defenses have really keyed on him in those situations
This has been debunked multiple times in the thread. Ingram has sucked in all situations.
No he hasn't, and I don't need this thread to tell me anything. I watch the games every Sunday. Maybe you should try the same.
Go read the rest of the thread. There are numbers that show his YPC is bad in short yardage situations, long yardage situations, etc. The line that his poor YPC is due to carries in short yardage situations is 100% false.Also I do watch the games, and Ingram has shown me nothing. His stats show he's a bum, my eyes tell me he's a bum, his combine told me he was a bum, etc.Ingram is a 4th-5th round talent who was way over drafted and nothing he's done so far has made that statement look incorrect.Give up Ingram owners, get something of value before it's totally clear he isnt good. Once everyone sees he's a falling knife no one will want him.

After the twentieth "moderated" troll rehashing the same crap it gets old. I wish people would stop quoting "moderated" when they feed his trolls because it defeats the purpose of blocking.

I cant believe there is 2+ pages on this guy today in here...I started reading then just scrolled to the end when I realized none of it was useful info

Go read the rest of the thread. There are numbers that show his YPC is bad in short yardage situations, long yardage situations, etc. The line that his poor YPC is due to carries in short yardage situations is 100% false.Also I do watch the games, and Ingram has shown me nothing. His stats show he's a bum, my eyes tell me he's a bum, his combine told me he was a bum, etc.Ingram is a 4th-5th round talent who was way over drafted and nothing he's done so far has made that statement look incorrect.Give up Ingram owners, get something of value before it's totally clear he isnt good. Once everyone sees he's a falling knife no one will want him.
Well, you're entitled to your opinion although it's wrong. I may be an overly optimistic homer, but I can admit that. I don't need some message board stats to formulate an opinion. This thread just wreaks of hate by people who drafted Ingram too high based on others projections. Sorry, but that's your fault. And he is nor was a 4th round talent. He was the best back in this draft. He leads all rookies in yards even with his limited touches. If you do actually watch the games and haven't thought he was electric the past 2 games, then you obviously don't have an eye for talent.Futhermore, based off what I've seen on these boards, you're a sad little troll who likes to stir ####. Carry on with your meaningless babble.

Well, you're entitled to your opinion although it's wrong. I may be an overly optimistic homer, but I can admit that. I don't need some message board stats to formulate an opinion. This thread just wreaks of hate by people who drafted Ingram too high based on others projections. Sorry, but that's your fault. And he is nor was a 4th round talent. He was the best back in this draft. He leads all rookies in yards even with his limited touches. If you do actually watch the games and haven't thought he was electric the past 2 games, then you obviously don't have an eye for talent.Futhermore, based off what I've seen on these boards, you're a sad little troll who likes to stir ####. Carry on with your meaningless babble.
So now it's trolling to say that Ingram has a bad YPC? That is fact, and it has nothing to do with him being used in short yardage.The Ingram backers in denial are only hurting themselves, he should have been traded weeks ago after it was apparent he was going to have a reduced role.I will let the Ingram lovers all gather in here without any facts to anger them. If people want to live in denial so be it, I just hope fbg's staff is more open minded and starts lowering his projections.

Anyone who sees a bum in Ingram is lost or confused about what a runningback is. I'd love to see what he could do with more than just run straight up the middle, rinse, repeat. Mix it up a little.

regardless, anyone saying he sucks after 5 weeks has zero perspective on the NFL. Steven Jackson put up 670 and 4 TD's. DMC put up 500 and 4.

A career isn't decided in a month. As the season progresses I imagine we'll see Ingram carry more of the load. I also imagine will see them use Ingram on different running plays. It's way too early to say he sucks. He's a rookie running back. Not everyone is Adrian Peterson.

So now it's trolling to say that Ingram has a bad YPC? That is fact, and it has nothing to do with him being used in short yardage.The Ingram backers in denial are only hurting themselves, he should have been traded weeks ago after it was apparent he was going to have a reduced role.I will let the Ingram lovers all gather in here without any facts to anger them. If people want to live in denial so be it, I just hope fbg's staff is more open minded and starts lowering his projections.
What is your response to me saying that Sean Payton is putting Ingram in predictable positions where opposing defenses know it's going straight up the middle? We're yet to see Ingram get the opportunity to do anything other than that. No, his YPC isn't great right now. Yes, if this trend continues, he'll be a disappointment for fantasy purposes... But he's shown enough to give everyone hope that he can do more. Knee jerk reactions in FF is insane.

I'm being completely sincere here but I really wished FBG pimped Mathews this year like they did Ingram. Mathews is totally living up to his potential.............
Matt Waldman did.
C'mon he did not pimp Mathews like he did Ingram - I'm not blaming anyone specifically. I like Wildman's stuff but my problem is I was so pushed towards Ingram that I passed on a lot of good RB's who I was on the fence about (ie Mathews). Ultimately my fault but you can't help but be persuaded when you here these guys pushing Ingram and when I say push I mean like full court press "get this guy or else you'll be sorry".I wish someone said "Draft Ryan Mathews this year at all cost" on the FBG staff.Still time left and if Ingram blows up like Mathews I'll totally come in this thread and kiss FBG's ### and tell them how much I love them.

What is your response to me saying that Sean Payton is putting Ingram in predictable positions where opposing defenses know it's going straight up the middle? .
I would say you're wrong. Almost half his carries have been on 1st down and 9+ yards to go. Now you're probably going to say 1st and 10 is an obvious run up the middle down. Ingram lovers aren't rational people so I'm done wasting my time with you gupps who ignore logic, reason, and common sense. Keep banking on Ingram being an elite talent who is ready to blow up, delusions can be enjoyable.

Matt Waldman did.
C'mon he did not pimp Mathews like he did Ingram - I'm not blaming anyone specifically. I like Wildman's stuff but my problem is I was so pushed towards Ingram that I passed on a lot of good RB's who I was on the fence about (ie Mathews). Ultimately my fault but you can't help but be persuaded when you here these guys pushing Ingram and when I say push I mean like full court press "get this guy or else you'll be sorry".I wish someone said "Draft Ryan Mathews this year at all cost" on the FBG staff.Still time left and if Ingram blows up like Mathews I'll totally come in this thread and kiss FBG's ### and tell them how much I love them.
I've been patient with Ingram but I think we have enough sample size to say he is a bust this year fantasy wise. Sproles and Thomas aren't going away, barring injury. Ingram has looked good to me but he's just not getting the opportunity. The Saints just won't commit to the run. With the way Brees is playing I guess you can't blame them.

Ingram lovers aren't rational people so I'm done wasting my time with you gupps who ignore logic, reason, and common sense. Keep banking on Ingram being an elite talent who is ready to blow up, delusions can be enjoyable.
No offense, but I think you should seek professional help....and not with your FF team.

Ingram lovers aren't rational people so I'm done wasting my time with you gupps who ignore logic, reason, and common sense. Keep banking on Ingram being an elite talent who is ready to blow up, delusions can be enjoyable.
No offense, but I think you should seek professional help....and not with your FF team.
Ingram has never been allowed to get into a rythymn. Has he ever had two carries in succession???At any rate, he is far from a Bum, though there is a "Bum" in this thread, and should be moderated out imo

If reading FBG's 50,000+ pages of information and analysis each year doesn't qualify as doing your own research, then what does? (source: http://footballguys.com/inside.php)

Oh, just "experts" like Luke Skywalker posting their opinions with 20-20 hindsight saying we should have done our own research.

Last edited by a moderator:
How boring life would be if all of the FBG projections played out exactly like the preseason rankings. We would all draft from the same lists, right down the line, and everyone would finish at .500 with the same number of points.

No busts, no steals... yeah, that would be awesome. :thumbdown:

How boring life would be if all of the FBG projections played out exactly like the preseason rankings. We would all draft from the same lists, right down the line, and everyone would finish at .500 with the same number of points. No busts, no steals... yeah, that would be awesome. :thumbdown:
Um, actually the goal of every list is to predict that as accurately as possible. That's the point. Ideally, we are paying for better lists here than lists other people go to, which should give us an edge. Obviously perfection isn't possible, and if it was the people who could would be richer beyond their wildest dreams.

I traded for Ingram to be my RB3 in week 2. I saw Ingrams floor being 2009 #'s of Mike Bell (172att, 654yrds, 5TD). Both Bell and PThomas were splitting carries under Sean Payton. Right now Ingram is on pace 198att, 691yards, and 6TDs. While I was hoping for upside it looks like Ingram is hitting his floor. If you drafted or traded for Ingram hoping for more than a RB3 you need an injury to PThomas or Sproles.

I will say that Payton is going to have to use Ingram in more creative ways for Ingram to be more effective. Going in to Week 5, NO was running 38% of total snaps but running 58% of snaps with Ingram in. Defenses have to be keying run with Ingram because the numbers jump by 20%.

IMHO the FG did over hype Ingram, I never heard them bring up Sean Payton and his use of running backs in the past (may be the did and I missed it).

I think Payton is simply conserving him for the 2nd half, to prevent him from hitting the rookie wall. He could be a playoff beast.

I traded for Ingram to be my RB3 in week 2. I saw Ingrams floor being 2009 #'s of Mike Bell (172att, 654yrds, 5TD). Both Bell and PThomas were splitting carries under Sean Payton. Right now Ingram is on pace 198att, 691yards, and 6TDs. While I was hoping for upside it looks like Ingram is hitting his floor. If you drafted or traded for Ingram hoping for more than a RB3 you need an injury to PThomas or Sproles.I will say that Payton is going to have to use Ingram in more creative ways for Ingram to be more effective. Going in to Week 5, NO was running 38% of total snaps but running 58% of snaps with Ingram in. Defenses have to be keying run with Ingram because the numbers jump by 20%.IMHO the FG did over hype Ingram, I never heard them bring up Sean Payton and his use of running backs in the past (may be the did and I missed it).
Actually, they did and IMO it is not a good reflection on them on retrospect. They said that Payton has used a RBBC in the past but that if he had a true stud like Ingram, that he would go to a single back system. It was a total misread of what Payton and the Saints are all about. The way the Saints spread the wealth around in the passing game should have been another indicator that the Saints are all about using different talents of different guys to exploit a defense's weaknesses.

I think Payton is simply conserving him for the 2nd half, to prevent him from hitting the rookie wall. He could be a playoff beast.
he could be, especially if they are playing a playoff game on the road. they haven't needed to grind out a game yet. it's hard to say what the playcalling would be if that were the case. as it stands, brees in playing at the highest level and hasn't really found himself struggling. they haven't had to lean on the ground game yet.

Anyone who sees a bum in Ingram is lost or confused about what a runningback is. I'd love to see what he could do with more than just run straight up the middle, rinse, repeat. Mix it up a little. regardless, anyone saying he sucks after 5 weeks has zero perspective on the NFL.
Keep in mind Moderated was vocal preseason about Ingram not having any talent....so seeing him take this way over the top is expected.

Anyone who sees a bum in Ingram is lost or confused about what a runningback is. I'd love to see what he could do with more than just run straight up the middle, rinse, repeat. Mix it up a little. regardless, anyone saying he sucks after 5 weeks has zero perspective on the NFL.
Keep in mind Moderated was vocal preseason about Ingram not having any talent....so seeing him take this way over the top is expected.
Yeah, they have a word for that. Trolling.

Last edited:
If reading FBG's 50,000+ pages of information and analysis each year doesn't qualify as doing your own research, then what does? (source: http://footballguys.com/inside.php)

Oh, just "experts" like Luke Skywalker posting their opinions with 20-20 hindsight saying we should have done our own research.
Luke has the Force thing working for him though
You don't need hokey religions and ancient weapons to see that Ingram was not going to be a fantasy stud this year. If you're all bent out of shape you have only yourself to blame.Hindsight my eye:

Pierre Thomas was signed to a 4-year $16 million deal. Did you really think they were going a proven player like that rot on the bench in favor of a rookie?

There is also the Payton tendency to force feed satellite players, a 60-40 pass ratio 5 out of 6 years under Payton and the presence a guy like Chris Ivory who has been super-productive in a between the tackles role.

Take some responsbility for your own drafting. Or at least ask FBG for a damn refund instead of #####ing and moaning and trolling up a 22 page thread. Jesus.

Last edited:

You don't need hokey religions and ancient weapons to see that Ingram was not going to be a fantasy stud this year. If you're all bent out of shape you have only yourself to blame.Hindsight my eye:

Pierre Thomas was signed to a 4-year $16 million deal. Did you really think they were going a proven player like that rot on the bench in favor of a rookie?

There is also the Payton tendency to force feed satellite players, a 60-40 pass ratio 5 out of 6 years under Payton and the presence a guy like Chris Ivory who has been super-productive in a between the tackles role.

Take some responsbility for your own drafting. Or at least ask FBG for a damn refund instead of #####ing and moaning and trolling up a 22 page thread. Jesus.
The troll is strong with this one.

The troll is strong with this one.
Anyone who doesn't think Ingram is an elite talent is a "troll" according to some random guy Luke guy who has a join date of a week ago. He's obviously new to FF and has a lot to learn.For newbie Luke, many of us have been down on Ingram before he ever got drafted. We saw him for what he was, an over-drafted average talent who owes his success to being on a championship Alabama team.

Ingram is just not that talented, he is under performing every RB on his team significantly. If every RB in NO was having issues there could be a pro-Ingram argument, but PT and Sproles are thriving while Ingram keeps looking worse and worse.

Him and his agent scammed the NFL and NO took the bait.

Anyone who doesn't think Ingram is an elite talent is a "troll" according to some random guy Luke guy who has a join date of a week ago. He's obviously new to FF and has a lot to learn.
LOL. Nowhere in this thread have I given any indication of my opinion of Ingram. Truth be told, my opinion of him is probably closer to yours than most.Having said that, you're still a #####.

Last edited:
I too agree Ingram isn't that talented. I don't think he's a "bum" though. I see a RB3 as his upside, he's a flex start on bad teams and bye week material.

By this time next season I see Richardson passing ingram in fantasy stats, in his first 5 games he will outproduce ingrams first 21 games. 22 pages on a flex/bye week filler is perplexing. Richardson is the real deal.

Cool story Boss.

Anyone who doesn't think Ingram is an elite talent is a "troll" according to some random guy Luke guy who has a join date of a week ago. He's obviously new to FF and has a lot to learn.
LOL. Nowhere in this thread have I given any indication of my opinion of Ingram. Truth be told, my opinion of him is probably closer to yours than most.Having said that, you're still a #####.

So unfortunately I gotta start this schlub due to bye week issues the next two weeks. At least he has two easy mtchups (vs TB & vs INDY)

So unfortunately I gotta start this schlub due to bye week issues the next two weeks. At least he has two easy mtchups (vs TB & vs INDY)
Carolina was supposed to be an easy matchup - with the way Freeman is playing though Ingram could be in for a better day.Also Painter has fallen off in 2nd half of games so the next two games for Ingram is probably a better game script for him.

I too agree Ingram isn't that talented. I don't think he's a "bum" though. I see a RB3 as his upside, he's a flex start on bad teams and bye week material. By this time next season I see Richardson passing ingram in fantasy stats, in his first 5 games he will outproduce ingrams first 21 games. 22 pages on a flex/bye week filler is perplexing. Richardson is the real deal.
Richardson is definitely an elite talent and much better then Ingram in every facet of the game.It was funny this off season when there was an Ingram vs Richardson thread and some people actually picked Ingram as the better player. Shows that many are still very less evolved in this hobby then others.

Users who are viewing this thread