What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NFL Game Rewind - are you missing out (1 Viewer)

Ian F

Footballguy
For those of you that like to watch a ton of games without trying to catch them all live or DVR them, Game rewind rocks

I love it 'cos

a) I can watch NFL all week

b) HD DVR functionality and best of all - no ads, just play after play

c) A steal at $40 for regular season and $15 for post season

And now for 2011 they will offer coaches tape - guys like Waldman and Bloom are going to love that!

I checked it out and doesn't seem to be an option for the archived games but they claim it as a feature for 2011

Check it out!

They actually added coaches film last year too. You can search for all the plays by a specific player, watch every game in HD, and watch all the big plays from the All-22 angle. It's a must-have for football nerds, and it's great for fantasy as well because you can watch every run/pass/catch/tackle from a certain player in 5 minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cec, if I had only $40 to spend on FF all year, would you recommend Game Rewind over FBG subscription?

Had it last year and loved it. In fact I liked it so much I decided to cancel my NFL Sunday Ticket and just go with the Rewind instead. The downside is you have to wait til the last Sunday game is played before you can watch.

Cec, if I had only $40 to spend on FF all year, would you recommend Game Rewind over FBG subscription?
of course not! You'll waste your money on Rewind if you don't intend on watching everything. FBGs has sooo much information during the year, and we put out so much content because we do watch everything!

of course not! You'll waste your money on Rewind if you don't intend on watching everything. FBGs has sooo much information during the year, and we put out so much content because we do watch everything!
:thumbup:real slick . Clifford thought he had you but you were too clever for his little ruse

True to form. Just checking...

Cec: I don't appreciate your ruse

Me: My what?

Cec: Your ruse, your cunning attempt to trick me.

Me: Well I was just pointing out that you weren't listening.

Cec: And I hope it feels good.

Me: What feels good?

Cec: I hope it feels so good to be right. There's nothing quite as satisfying as pointing out the shortcomings of others.

Me: Well I never! I'll never rent here again!

Cec: YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO RENT HERE ANYMORE!!

What movie? No google.

Cec: I hope it feels so good to be right. There's nothing quite as satisfying as pointing out the shortcomings of others.

What movie? No google.
Do you have Happy Scrappy Hero Pup?And Game Rewind is worth every penny.

Does it include out of market preseason games? And I'm new to the football guys universe until a month ago- can anybody fill me in on the subscription benefits and price

Best part about it is that you can download every game and have a very nice archive.
How are you doing this?
last year I used an add on in firefox. The NFL has the video broken into hundreds of separate files. I let the entire game run, then down load all of the files. put the files into microsoft movie maker, make movie and its done. it takes a bit of effort but its the only way I could figure out to do it.

Best part about it is that you can download every game and have a very nice archive.
How are you doing this?
last year I used an add on in firefox. The NFL has the video broken into hundreds of separate files. I let the entire game run, then down load all of the files. put the files into microsoft movie maker, make movie and its done. it takes a bit of effort but its the only way I could figure out to do it.
What's the add-on? Is the add-on legal? Because I would definitely like to do this.

How are you doing this?
What's the add-on? Is the add-on legal? Because I would definitely like to do this.
Not sure if its legal or not. I would assume as long as you don't distribute it that its fine. I have it on a browser at home. Its either download helper, internet downloader or something along those lines.

What movie? No google.
Do you have Happy Scrappy Hero Pup?And Game Rewind is worth every penny.
:hifive:

'njherdfan said:
They actually added coaches film last year too. You can search for all the plays by a specific player, watch every game in HD, and watch all the big plays from the All-22 angle. It's a must-have for football nerds, and it's great for fantasy as well because you can watch every run/pass/catch/tackle from a certain player in 5 minutes.
Interesting on the coaching tape - maybe this year you will be able to watch the entire game on coaches tapeI couldn't actually find the play search feature this year but maybe its just cos the interface is different

There's a separate preseason package for $20. And this year's doesn't seem to have the search feature, which is making me :thumbdown: I'll be sending an e-mail tomorrow

True to form. Just checking...Cec: I don't appreciate your ruseMe: My what?Cec: Your ruse, your cunning attempt to trick me.Me: Well I was just pointing out that you weren't listening.Cec: And I hope it feels good.Me: What feels good?Cec: I hope it feels so good to be right. There's nothing quite as satisfying as pointing out the shortcomings of others.Me: Well I never! I'll never rent here again!Cec: YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO RENT HERE ANYMORE!!What movie? No google.
No google needed! I am rick derris.

Does it include out of market preseason games? And I'm new to the football guys universe until a month ago- can anybody fill me in on the subscription benefits and price
NBusiness, welcome to Footballguys!We hope you enjoy your time on the message boards, listening to our podcasts 'The Audible', and checking out our news wire with commentary from me and Sigmund Bloom. Here's a page with all the information you need about a Footballguys subscription!http://footballguys.com/inside.php

Interesting on the coaching tape - maybe this year you will be able to watch the entire game on coaches tapeI couldn't actually find the play search feature this year but maybe its just cos the interface is different
So I signed up this weekend. Was disappointed to find none of those features to search for all players. Didn't see the coaches tape either so I sent them an e-mail on it. This is the response I got:
The feature you are describing is available through the highlights on NFL.com, but not on Game Rewind. Game Rewind has big play markers indicating highlights and scoring plays, and you can select an alternate "Coaches Cam" view of those plays, but there is no feature on Game Rewind that allows you to search for plays by player.
But when I go to nfl.com it only has certain plays, not every play as other posters have mentioned. Would be very curious if past users have tried out the current product to see if they've changed it up. Based on what I see so far I don't know if I'm missing something that makes it easier to use.

So I signed up this weekend. Was disappointed to find none of those features to search for all players. Didn't see the coaches tape either so I sent them an e-mail on it. This is the response I got:
The feature you are describing is available through the highlights on NFL.com, but not on Game Rewind. Game Rewind has big play markers indicating highlights and scoring plays, and you can select an alternate "Coaches Cam" view of those plays, but there is no feature on Game Rewind that allows you to search for plays by player.
But when I go to nfl.com it only has certain plays, not every play as other posters have mentioned. Would be very curious if past users have tried out the current product to see if they've changed it up. Based on what I see so far I don't know if I'm missing something that makes it easier to use.
Yeah, they changed it for some reason, which I'm furious about. I sent them an email, I haven't heard back yet.

Only thing that could make this better is an iPhone app.
I was just going to ask if you could view them on iPad. Anyone know if the preseason live is viewable with iDevices? I sent an email to their CS over a week ago and no response.

Yeah, they changed it for some reason, which I'm furious about. I sent them an email, I haven't heard back yet.
That was the best feature! What email did you use for you complaint? I'm going to send one too.
Not sure which one he used, but mine was: gamerewind.support@nfl.comIf you guys get anywhere I'd like to know what they say because I don't really have much interest in paying for what I am seeing right now.

That was the best feature! What email did you use for you complaint? I'm going to send one too.
Not sure which one he used, but mine was: gamerewind.support@nfl.comIf you guys get anywhere I'd like to know what they say because I don't really have much interest in paying for what I am seeing right now.
Completely agree...I sent them an email yesterday as well and still have not heard back...anyone else?

'FAVRE said:
Completely agree...I sent them an email yesterday as well and still have not heard back...anyone else?
I sent them a message on 8/14 asking where to find the individual player videos of each touch and target, and heard back from them yesterday."The feature you are describing is available through the highlights on NFL.com, but not on Game Rewind. Game Rewind has big play markers indicating highlights and scoring plays, and you can select an alternate "Coaches Cam" view of those plays, but there is no feature on Game Rewind that allows you to search for plays by player.Regards,NFL Game Rewind Support"They did not understand my clear and specific question. I wasn't looking for highlights, but mostly the lowlights. I replied saying I couldn't imagine they would have regressed the service's functionality, but haven't heard back. They changed to the new system before my 2010 subscription had technically expired, so while it may be petty to complain about, I did pay for the individual players' isolation videos that were advertised with my 2010 subscription.I am not pleased, but maybe they had to cut corners this year.

I haven't heard back yet either, but I might call them tomorrow. Last year, the service was so good I would have paid $80 for it. Now, it's not worth the 40.

Here is a promising reply I received...

Thank you for the NFL Game Rewind product feedback. These features are not available at this time.

We've forwarded your note along to the NFL Game Rewind Product Team; they appreciate all suggestions and will be releasing a new version of the player soon with some enhancements emanating directly from user feedback such as this.

Here is a promising reply I received...Thank you for the NFL Game Rewind product feedback. These features are not available at this time.We've forwarded your note along to the NFL Game Rewind Product Team; they appreciate all suggestions and will be releasing a new version of the player soon with some enhancements emanating directly from user feedback such as this.
I hope that goes somewhere. I told them if they weren't going to have that functionality anymore I would want my money back. They promptly cancelled my subscription for me. Oh well. Guess I can't miss it too much since I never got a chance to try it.

I got an email today saying that the services I wrote about aren't offered "at this time." I really don't understand the thought process by the NFL here. It's not like they're hurting for funds, and they're eliminating the best features of the software. Also, I'd have to assume most people who would buy this are huge football nerds, who would value the ability to search for a specific player very highly, and I'd assume they're getting a lot of complaints. I really don't understand the NFL's decision at all :confused:

I got this reply:

Hello,Yes, that was a feature available last year and this year this feature is not available at this time. If you have any more questions please let us know.Thank YouNFL Game Rewind Support

I use this. It's great.

*WARNING*

YOU WILL LOSE TRACK OF TIME WHEN USING THIS. YOUR WIFE OR GIRLFRIEND WILL REMIND YOU OF THIS FREQUENTLY.

Users who are viewing this thread