What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Peyton Hillis (1 Viewer)

Dr. Awesome

Footballguy
Not too sure why the previous thread was locked. Folks had their debates (which happens in almost every thread) then it seemed folks had moved on.

Peyton Hillis tweaked his hamstring last game. He's going in for an MRI today. Let's hope for good news.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if healthy, would anyone really start a Browns RB?? :lmao:
During bye weeks, I would think for sure. Even in some formats the starting RB for any team is being used. That being said, if I had my choice I wouldn't want to start one. They look bad. I mean, I know they were bad last year and Hillis pulled out a great season somehow, but it doesn't seem like the team wants to feature him enough to do so. Conspiracy theories aside, I honestly don't see what they see in Hardesty. He's fumbled the ball a few times I've seen him get carries near the goal line. He's dropped 6 passes. He doesn't block very well. Hillis seems superior in all aspects.

I liked Hardesty when he was drafted, but he definitely has some work to do. Yesterday wasn't his best game.

It's tough to watch Cleveland, they made such good use of Hillis last year now it seems like they are floundering.

Detroit would make a great landing spot for Hillis considering Best was just diagnosed with a concussion.

Not too sure why the previous thread was locked. Folks had their debates (which happens in almost every thread) then it seemed folks had moved on.

Peyton Hillis tweaked his hamstring last game. He's going in for an MRI today. Let's hope for good news.
Seemed pretty antagonistic from some of the usual suspects.

Really? I have no idea who the vision is but he was trolling pretty hard and trying his damnedest to make that thing a trainwreck by accusing anyone who didn't like Hillis of being a Hardesty owner who drafted the guy in the early rounds. Seems your paranoia is getting the best of you GB.

Really? I have no idea who the vision is but he was trolling pretty hard and trying his damnedest to make that thing a trainwreck by accusing anyone who didn't like Hillis of being a Hardesty owner who drafted the guy in the early rounds. Seems your paranoia is getting the best of you GB.
:goodposting: Apparently you're not allowed to have a negative opinion of Hills, backed with relevant facts.

:goodposting:

Both good postings. Amazing how people cannot accept the decline of a player... I have TWO one of my teams, and I've accepted it.

Then it becomes time to deal with it instead of sit there in denial. Oh well... :shrug:

:goodposting: Both good postings. Amazing how people cannot accept the decline of a player... I have TWO one of my teams, and I've accepted it. Then it becomes time to deal with it instead of sit there in denial. Oh well... :shrug:
lol Tarheel we get it, you have hardestyI have both and am going to see if I can move them to an owner in need of rb help with bye week blues. I liked Hardesty coming out, but he does not look like he is all the way back from his ACL surgery. Maybe next year.

As an owner of both Hillis and Hardesy at least the time share of the past few games has been removed from the equation. While I haven't looked at my lineup situation for next week, I'll likely be starting Hardesy. Given the main guy will be better than many other options thru the bye weeks. To those who backed up your Hillis selection and those who own him, best of luck.

Not paranoid at all, it was painfully obvious a couple folks wanted to ratchet it up.

I haven't even been around here the last few days and rolled up on the Hillis thread looking for info...oh was that a mistake.

here are some notes I noticed from the game:

goalline formation on the pass to smith on sunday.....who was the fullback?

Peyton Hillis, not 48, it was 40......Hardesty was the tailback

Hardesty got all the carries at the end of the half, looked fast, good cutbacks to say the least. he had one cutback where he hit the dirt and still made the crease.

Raiders were over pursuing it appeared so the cutback was an important part to the gameplan it appeared.

in addition, i saw hillis running at full speed on the sidelines in the first series he was held out. he had just come around from the back of the trainers bench to the tarp in front of it....i must say, as he was walking and turned to his left around the end of the bench I thought i saw him stumble/wobble briefly. I am speculating here but thinking it was just a roll in the mat that made him stumble....as opposed to someone I thought may have got his bell rung as opposed to a leg injury....anyhow.....after that milisecond of balance lost he does a 10 yard run high knees in front of trainers....looked good to me (not wobbly)....

lets back up to before he went to the trainers....swing/screen (cant recall) to hillis to the right...hillis catches at line or just past and barrels 15-18 yards for a first down (illegal shift on cleveland nullifies this play). this is where the injury happened....it happened when he put his head down and buried the raider DB at full speed. you could hear the whole stadium go "WHOA" as it looked like Bo over Boz and the opposite of okoye vs atwater...it was that big of a punishing blow to the DB who was met head on by a full steam of hillis. at least that was my view and everyone around me.

so here is my speculation....when hillis put his head down to steam roll the DB, (i think it was routt, at least that side of field), and when he went to lift as he collided with him and send the poor helpless lifeless body flailing backwards......that is when he over extended his leg....on a hit....not a run ...that is my point.

my other not so shocking news would be this...if they come back and say he had a head injury as well i would not be shocked at all. I cant get that stumble out of my mind, almost a drunk wobble.

one last thing, all of that was before halftime.....peyton came out for the 2nd half tunnel with his helmet on looking ready to play.....but no...I believe he was in for one snap in the 4th quarter, maybe the first play of 4th quarter.

we wont hear a thing til wed, but im not going to be shocked if he doesnt miss any time.

Hillis said he volunteered to go back in and pick up pass protection since Hardesty was struggling with it. That's why you saw Hillis in the game post-injury. They were using him to pass block.

After he (allegedly) injured it he came back in (the report is that he injured it before the pass DepthCharts describes) and then had to come back out because he "couldn't go"

That's basically the storyline at this point.

No real information, likely have to wait until tomorrow, but I wouldn't plan on using him this week.

here are some notes I noticed from the game:goalline formation on the pass to smith on sunday.....who was the fullback?Peyton Hillis, not 48, it was 40......Hardesty was the tailbackHardesty got all the carries at the end of the half, looked fast, good cutbacks to say the least. he had one cutback where he hit the dirt and still made the crease.Raiders were over pursuing it appeared so the cutback was an important part to the gameplan it appeared. in addition, i saw hillis running at full speed on the sidelines in the first series he was held out. he had just come around from the back of the trainers bench to the tarp in front of it....i must say, as he was walking and turned to his left around the end of the bench I thought i saw him stumble/wobble briefly. I am speculating here but thinking it was just a roll in the mat that made him stumble....as opposed to someone I thought may have got his bell rung as opposed to a leg injury....anyhow.....after that milisecond of balance lost he does a 10 yard run high knees in front of trainers....looked good to me (not wobbly)....lets back up to before he went to the trainers....swing/screen (cant recall) to hillis to the right...hillis catches at line or just past and barrels 15-18 yards for a first down (illegal shift on cleveland nullifies this play). this is where the injury happened....it happened when he put his head down and buried the raider DB at full speed. you could hear the whole stadium go "WHOA" as it looked like Bo over Boz and the opposite of okoye vs atwater...it was that big of a punishing blow to the DB who was met head on by a full steam of hillis. at least that was my view and everyone around me.so here is my speculation....when hillis put his head down to steam roll the DB, (i think it was routt, at least that side of field), and when he went to lift as he collided with him and send the poor helpless lifeless body flailing backwards......that is when he over extended his leg....on a hit....not a run ...that is my point.my other not so shocking news would be this...if they come back and say he had a head injury as well i would not be shocked at all. I cant get that stumble out of my mind, almost a drunk wobble.one last thing, all of that was before halftime.....peyton came out for the 2nd half tunnel with his helmet on looking ready to play.....but no...I believe he was in for one snap in the 4th quarter, maybe the first play of 4th quarter.we wont hear a thing til wed, but im not going to be shocked if he doesnt miss any time.
Thanks for the great info! :goodposting:

ESPN's Chris Mortensen said Tuesday that Peyton Hillis could be dealt out of Cleveland.The Browns vehemently deny that Hillis is available, but they have plenty of incentive to lie. "There's a sense they could be persuaded. We'll see," Mortensen said. Hillis' contract issue, strep throat and now hamstring problem have contributed to his nightmare season. Montario Hardesty has been average at best in a backup role this season.

JayGlazer Jay Glazer The Browns have been telling teams they are not trading Peyton Hillis. There's been some inquiries and they've said they're not interested
Bengals insisted same thing on Palmer but w Browns insisting to teams Hillis isn't getting traded, everyone has a price they'd move on

ESPN's Chris Mortensen said Tuesday that Peyton Hillis could be dealt out of Cleveland.The Browns vehemently deny that Hillis is available, but they have plenty of incentive to lie. "There's a sense they could be persuaded. We'll see," Mortensen said. Hillis' contract issue, strep throat and now hamstring problem have contributed to his nightmare season. Montario Hardesty has been average at best in a backup role this season.
How many times are you going to post this quote, Dr Awesome?! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: we get it.Mort says Hillis is on the block..you don't need to post it over and over and over again.Hopefully Hillis finds himself in a more favorable position , i.e., playing for another team.

How many times are you going to post this quote, Dr Awesome?! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: we get it.Mort says Hillis is on the block..you don't need to post it over and over and over again.Hopefully Hillis finds himself in a more favorable position , i.e., playing for another team.
I posted it at the end of the thread and edited it into the first post so people didn't have to jump to the bottom to see the news. This thread was talking about Hillis news...and that news originally consisted of his injury. That's hardly over and over and over again. Who pissed in your cheerios?

i don't think he would go anywhere because I don't think anyone would be willing to pay a 3rd and it would take at least that. Why would they ship him out for a late pick knowing they could probably get a 3rd or 4th round compensatory pick in 2013 if he signs elsewhere next year and has a decent season?

this is one thing I didn't understand with the Lloyd trade...

i don't think he would go anywhere because I don't think anyone would be willing to pay a 3rd and it would take at least that. Why would they ship him out for a late pick knowing they could probably get a 3rd or 4th round compensatory pick in 2013 if he signs elsewhere next year and has a decent season?this is one thing I didn't understand with the Lloyd trade...
you only get compensatory picks if you have net loss of free agents. so if lloyd walks, but they sign some other guys, they get nada.

i don't think he would go anywhere because I don't think anyone would be willing to pay a 3rd and it would take at least that. Why would they ship him out for a late pick knowing they could probably get a 3rd or 4th round compensatory pick in 2013 if he signs elsewhere next year and has a decent season?this is one thing I didn't understand with the Lloyd trade...
you only get compensatory picks if you have net loss of free agents. so if lloyd walks, but they sign some other guys, they get nada.
that makes sense then...thanks

OK, so the Browns don't want to use Hillis, but they also don't want to get anything for him? Well run organization. I thought Holmgren had some sense...

Hillis isn't going anywhere, unless someone ponies up some serious picks, and no team in their right mind would do that for a RB.

ETA: Heckert call up Oakland right now!!!

Three national indsiders with knowledge of the situation reported several teams called about Hillis. No doubt Hillis will be a hot commodity in the offseason.

The Browns simply may want to get the draft pick compensation for losing a FA. RBs typically don't get traded for much so Cleveland might be thinking the compensatory pick would be more valuable.

His hamstring might've been the only reason Hillis wasn't moved.

He may not sign a contract extension with the Browns, but lots of teams will come calling this offseason. As a Hillis owner, you've got to be excited about where he could land.

His hamstring might've been the only reason Hillis wasn't moved.He may not sign a contract extension with the Browns, but lots of teams will come calling this offseason. As a Hillis owner, you've got to be excited about where he could land.
I think the opposite. He'll probably end up in a power back role vs a feature back role. Its not going to increase his value when he moves from the 20+ touch games he has in CLE, to the 10-12 touch games he has with his new team. I feel like now is the time to sell high.

His hamstring might've been the only reason Hillis wasn't moved.

He may not sign a contract extension with the Browns, but lots of teams will come calling this offseason. As a Hillis owner, you've got to be excited about where he could land.
I think the opposite. He'll probably end up in a power back role vs a feature back role. Its not going to increase his value when he moves from the 20+ touch games he has in CLE, to the 10-12 touch games he has with his new team. I feel like now is the time to sell high.
Sell high? That would have happened around week 10 last year sir. Selling now might get you a sweet defense in return, maybe a WR3.

His hamstring might've been the only reason Hillis wasn't moved.He may not sign a contract extension with the Browns, but lots of teams will come calling this offseason. As a Hillis owner, you've got to be excited about where he could land.
I think you're going to be very surprised who'll be interested in Hillis this coming offseason & what kind of role he'll have with them.Hillis is the perfect buy-low in dynasty leagues, IMO.

'Football Jones said:
'Max Power said:
'Football Jones said:
I think you're going to be very surprised who'll be interested in Hillis this coming offseason & what kind of role he'll have with them.Hillis is the perfect buy-low in dynasty leagues, IMO.
Are you under the opinion that Hillis will be handed a major role with a new team? Im not. I look at the landscape and don't see any landing spot where hes not in a RBBC at best. Maybe Cinci if Benson leaves, but even then They'd be smart to take someone like Richardson in the draft in that scenario. I'll own a very late first round pick. Most likely 10-12 range, and thats about all I'd even consider offering (not sure I would). I'm curious as to where you think his value is.

'Football Jones said:
'Max Power said:
'Football Jones said:
Are you under the opinion that Hillis will be handed a major role with a new team? Im not. I look at the landscape and don't see any landing spot where hes not in a RBBC at best. Maybe Cinci if Benson leaves, but even then They'd be smart to take someone like Richardson in the draft in that scenario. I'll own a very late first round pick. Most likely 10-12 range, and thats about all I'd even consider offering (not sure I would). I'm curious as to where you think his value is.
Hillis could be the feature back next year on teams like NYJ, CIN, DEN, WAS, DET, ARI, SEA, & ATL (Turner isn't nearly as good as he used to be & will turn 30 this offseason). I'm going to try to acquire Hillis in all my dynasty leagues (if he can be had for a reasonable price).

'Football Jones said:
'Max Power said:
'Football Jones said:
Hillis could be the feature back next year on teams like NYJ, CIN, DEN, WAS, DET, ARI, SEA, & ATL (Turner isn't nearly as good as he used to be & will turn 30 this offseason). I'm going to try to acquire Hillis in all my dynasty leagues (if he can be had for a reasonable price).
It may be the case. I think he's a decent buy-low as his value is pretty low, but I wouldn't be treating him like he was for sure going to be a starting RB on any of those teams:NYJ - Still would be a timeshare, even if you don't buy into Greene or LT, Powell is there as well. Then again, this wouldn't be a horrible fit.CIN - Possible, depends on what they do with Benson and/or Scott.DEN - Doubt it, they already sent him packing (even if a different staff). Content with McGahee and Moreno for now.WAS - Doesn't really fit Shanahan's system that well, IMO.DET - Would be a total timeshare with Best and LeShoure.ARI - Wells & WilliamsSEA - Perhaps.ATL - Turner still there and they like Rodgers, esp in terms of the passing game as they try to open up more.

It's becoming very clear to me that you have to be a special, special talent to keep a feature RB role in this league. I'm not even sure there's 10 guys that are true 3 down backs that also get goal line carries. So to think that Hillis could go elsewhere and get one of those jobs is really hard core speculating.

It is starting to look like the Browns want to give significant touches to Hardesty. I understand he's struggled a bit with protection issues etc. That doesn't mean he always will however. As a matter of fact, when Brandon Jackson (now a Brown) was a rookie, he struggled mightily with blitz pickups. By the time he left GB, he was one of the best in the league at it. It is something that can be taught.

It's becoming very clear to me that you have to be a special, special talent to keep a feature RB role in this league. I'm not even sure there's 10 guys that are true 3 down backs that also get goal line carries. So to think that Hillis could go elsewhere and get one of those jobs is really hard core speculating. It is starting to look like the Browns want to give significant touches to Hardesty. I understand he's struggled a bit with protection issues etc. That doesn't mean he always will however. As a matter of fact, when Brandon Jackson (now a Brown) was a rookie, he struggled mightily with blitz pickups. By the time he left GB, he was one of the best in the league at it. It is something that can be taught.
The problem for Hardesty is that the rest of his skillset is on a par with Jackson's. Hillis can find work elsewhere, but probably not as many places as some have posted. The bizarre thing is that his skillet is far better suited for the WC offense, so it is hard to fathom what Shurmur is doing.

It's becoming very clear to me that you have to be a special, special talent to keep a feature RB role in this league. I'm not even sure there's 10 guys that are true 3 down backs that also get goal line carries. So to think that Hillis could go elsewhere and get one of those jobs is really hard core speculating. It is starting to look like the Browns want to give significant touches to Hardesty. I understand he's struggled a bit with protection issues etc. That doesn't mean he always will however. As a matter of fact, when Brandon Jackson (now a Brown) was a rookie, he struggled mightily with blitz pickups. By the time he left GB, he was one of the best in the league at it. It is something that can be taught.
The problem for Hardesty is that the rest of his skillset is on a par with Jackson's. Hillis can find work elsewhere, but probably not as many places as some have posted. The bizarre thing is that his skillet is far better suited for the WC offense, so it is hard to fathom what Shurmur is doing.
I'm just wondering if he was a strong candidate to go on the trade block, so they wanted to assess Hardesty and keep Hillis healthy....

I wish all this mess would sort out. I think Hillis is a good, but not great NFL RB. Hes got speed, power, vision, hands and is good in pass protection. He is the perfect back in a WCO that wants to pound the rock. I don't understand what the Browns think they have in Hardesty who is a liability in pass protection, has terrible hands and about 12 knee surgeries.

With the new cap space that the Bengals have cleared, I would love for them to sign him in the offseason and draft a RB (Richardson) in the 1st. Perfect combination and wouldnt overwork either of them.

I can keep him for a 10th round pick in my keeper league. I feel like I have to hold on through this mess in case he is once again handed a larger role for a new team next season.

seriously??

Users who are viewing this thread