What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brock Osweiler (1 Viewer)

Maybe the worst QB in the league. He's less then Hoyer, Tannehill, maybe even Blaine Gabbert. Elway once again proving he know's what he's doing in Denver. The fact that this clown couldn't connect with Hopkins for a game and a half tells you all you'd ever need to know about a QB at the NFL level. It's like Vick last year with the Steelers and not being able to throw to AB. He didn't have it anymore and I'm not sure Brock's head is screwed on enough to ever get it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe the worst QB in the league. He's less then Hoyer, Tannehill, maybe even Blaine Gabbert. Elway once again proving he know's what he's doing in Denver. The fact that this clown couldn't connect with Hopkins for a game and a half tells you all you'd ever need to know about a QB at the NFL level. It's like Vick last year with the Steelers and not being able to throw to AB. He didn't have it anymore and I'm not sure Brock's head is screwed on enough to ever get it.
FWIW, Elway offered him 3 years and $45M.

Elway drafted him ahead of R Wilson.  That was a mistake.

He's killing Hopkins. Lol @ whoever mentioned Hoyer in Brock's category. Hoyer is a legit NFL QB. The dude throws for 300 yards like it's nothing.

Still don't have a good read on this guy. He has brilliant short streaks with long stretches of bad play. Yet they are 4-2 and leading the division...

He stinks. Hopkins produced with Hoyer (who i think is a good QB), Mallett, Yates and even Weeden last year. 

From what I saw out of the first 3 quarters, this guy looked awful.  He missed on so many throws and didn't seem to have the ability to change his read.  However, I turned the game off when it was 20-9 so   :shrug:   

Except he's 25 years old with about 10 starts under his belt and actually gives a #### when he makes a mistake. 
Yes it's early but sometimes you can just tell right away. I would say those first 3 quarters were some of the worst I have seen from a QB since the classic Sanchez vs. Lindley 2012 showdown.

Yes it's early but sometimes you can just tell right away. I would say those first 3 quarters were some of the worst I have seen from a QB since the classic Sanchez vs. Lindley 2012 showdown.
Did either of them recover in the 4th quarter to lead three successful scoring drives and steal a win from a division rival?

Lindsay Jones 

@bylindsayhjones

Osweiler said maybe he shouldn't have said Houston gave him better chance to win than Denver. But he was excited about O'Brien's offense.

1:17 PM - 20 Oct 2016
Pretty stupid to more or less take that back. Saying it in the first place is understandable--after all he can't be honest and admit that his feelings were hurt.  But having said it, let it ride. I can't imagine this will sit very well with his teammates. 

Just goes to show you the importance of coaching. 

While his flaws were obvious last year, Osweiler, under Kubiak last year, looked like he could be a solid, quality starter. 

Under O'Brien this year, he looks like the second coming of Ryan Leaf. 

ESPN Stats & InfoVerified account @ESPNStatsInfo 13m13 minutes ago

Tom Savage replaces Brock Osweiler.

Savage has $300,584 guaranteed in his current deal

Osweiler has $37,000,000 guaranteed in his deal

Rodger ShermanVerified account @rodger_sherman 32m32 minutes ago

It's not just that Brock Osweiler got benched.

He got benched & the crowd cheered so loudly that the offense signaled for them to be quiet.

O'Brien has to shoulder a lot of the blame for this.  Osweiler wasn't great in Denver last year, but he was a good, solid QB.  I get that O'Brien isn't Kubiak, but he should have been able to get more out of him this year than he did. 

His behavior after the last interception was bizarre. It looked like he was angry at someone else, after he'd just made a horrible read and a worse throw. There's no other route the receiver could have run to prevent the pick.

Users who are viewing this thread