What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2020 Michigan Football*** (3 Viewers)

There's all kinds of crap out there including Wheatley being the #2 choice behind John Harbaugh. Who knows. :lol: One thing that's more clear to me right now, than ever is that I think Miles would take the job if they made it worth his while and Brandon was gone. I'm not sure 60 year old Miles is the way to go, and honestly, I don't really care for him, but he's certainly loyal to Michigan.
Please let it be Wheatley :D
He'd be better than Schiano who's also being mentioned.

Can someone explain to me why, with everything else that's going on at Michigan, I should care about a botched Coke promo? I don't get it, but there are lots of people out there giving it attention.

Can someone explain to me why, with everything else that's going on at Michigan, I should care about a botched Coke promo? I don't get it, but there are lots of people out there giving it attention.
People see it as "yet another f-up" by DB.

Because, once again, the best the Athletic Department could do was claim incompetence - it was a "miscommunication."

Plus its symbolic of where the program is. Did you see all the empty seats last weekend? I mean, even before the rain came? The program is a disaster right now. And that's why Brandon has to go.

@chengelis - Heard a funny line at halftime: "Canham filled it, Martin rebuilt it, Brandon emptied it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because, once again, the best the Athletic Department could do was claim incompetence - it was a "miscommunication."

Plus its symbolic of where the program is. Did you see all the empty seats last weekend? I mean, even before the rain came? The program is a disaster right now. And that's why Brandon has to go.

@chengelis - Heard a funny line at halftime: "Canham filled it, Martin rebuilt it, Brandon emptied it.
I don't disagree....just seems way down the list of 'proof'.....WAY down the list, yet there's lots of folks talking about it.

Keerock said:
The Commish said:
I am more interested in it from the standpoint of their "Look at us, 250+ consecutive sellouts at the BIG HOUSE!". :mellow: Umm, you are giving away crap tons of tickets and there are STILL large gaps in your stadium with empty seats and you are going to keep that streak going based on what? Whatever on free tickets, but man, give it up on that stupid streak. It broke a few years ago.

I'm getting concerned...why is it I know less about these streaks, records etc than people from other fan bases? :oldunsure: Didn't even know this was a "streak" of sellouts or why anyone would even care about a streak like that....Michigan fans or Michigan haters.

I'm getting concerned...why is it I know less about these streaks, records etc than people from other fan bases? :oldunsure: Didn't even know this was a "streak" of sellouts or why anyone would even care about a streak like that....Michigan fans or Michigan haters.
I had no idea until I read an article, so don't feel too badly. ;) It showed up on my FB feed, so I looked at it.

ETA Not even an OSU website, as you can see. :)

Keerock said:
The Commish said:
I am more interested in it from the standpoint of their "Look at us, 250+ consecutive sellouts at the BIG HOUSE!". :mellow: Umm, you are giving away crap tons of tickets and there are STILL large gaps in your stadium with empty seats and you are going to keep that streak going based on what? Whatever on free tickets, but man, give it up on that stupid streak. It broke a few years ago.
It seriously devalues the product that loyal season ticket holders and personal seat license holders have spent their money on supporting the product.

Keerock said:
The Commish said:
It seriously devalues the product that loyal season ticket holders and personal seat license holders have spent their money on supporting the product.
This streak MC is talking about is sellouts....the one in the link from the article is about a streak with 100,000+ in the stands (not sellouts). You guys have me officially confused. Was the promo for students or anybody?

Doctor Detroit said:
Email Michigan board of regents: UMboardofregents@umich.edu and demand they fire Brandon and hire a sock puppet.
Brandon graduated from Michigan with a teaching certificate in communications. Communications is usually where they direct the players that will struggle in class.

Did not attend business school at U-M. Yet he ends up as the CEO for Dominos. That in itself is almost unheard of. I did hear he was a major league ### kisser to everyone involved in the Bo Schembechler era.
Well this explains a lot.

This is what's killing me. They have a top 20 class with 11 freakin' recruits, one of which is a "two star" kicker. Their average "star rating" is up there with the best of them, yet what we are seeing on the field is pretty sad. Wonder if, after Hoke is fired, he'll look back and regret that he didn't part ways with Borges sooner.

http://gregghenson.com/ex-michigan-players-want-dave-brandon-out-as-the-michigan-ad/

Here is an e-mail from a former Michigan Football Captain to the Regents at Michigan outlining the “grievances” against Brandon.

1)Student tix reorders down over14,000
2)alumni tix reorder down big (DB wont announce #)
3)DB micromanages M sports
– On sidelines during games, hugging and coaching players on nationwide television
-cutting nets down in regional final 4 championship, before head coach
-attends football staff meetings and reviews game films w coaches
4)Took U of M regents out of following decisions..
-$6,000,00 grant to fund lacrosse programs
-head coaching hires
-dynamic tix pricing
-seat licences affecting lifelong season ticket holder
-major price increases of season tickets to al (wants corporations,not lifelong M holders)
5)Got Mary Sue Coleman president job w his republican vote then got her to name him AD after telling regents he only ran for regent so he could pursue political dreams(governor)
6)Broke past AD promises of “lifelong season tickets” to alumni members
7)Knew Les Miles and Jim Harbaugh wanted M job, never offered either
8)Mott Children Hospital handling of Charles Woodsn and Hutchinson charity (YaleVan Dyne to elaborate)
9)Put Daktronics video billboard facing Stadium Blvd without first consulting city of Ann Arbor..forced to take 2M investmet down
10)Has been quoted many times in national media, “I was CEO of 3 fortune 500 companies and learned if it’s not broke,break it” He has succeeded in this one
11)Corporations,not alumni and students, rule M
12)Covered up Mary Sue Colemans drunk episode at Nebraska halftime as a “malfunction of the sound system”
13)Al Borges issues
14)Takes retired #’s and puts them on current players so he can sell more jerseys(what a ##### and a slap in the face to all M tradition)
15)Sells sponsorship for head coach salary and others to people like Ira Harris e al
16)Everything for sale at U of M
Jacks up prices of hot dogs, water ect to students who cant afford it
17)Has alienated Schembechler boys
18)Did nothing after Ann Arbor police informed him before Iowa game that Brendan Gibbons and Lewan involved in rape case, then instructed coaches to say nada
19)Fires Ron Warhurst, Pam Stevens,Charley Green,Bruce Madeji and many others regardless of service to Michigan athletics
2)Reminds me of Adolph Hitler

Just a start boys, you and I have lots more

My sources tell me this is how it is likely to play out if Brandon is fired.

The new AD will be named and will have to give Brady Hoke one more year (2015) to be fair to him and the Athletic Department. Most of Hoke’s people are pointing to next year as Brady’s best chance to compete for the B1G title and a playoff spot. This scenario of course changes if Harbaugh is available.

David Brandon’s house of cards is collapsing and there are many “Michigan Men” who are happy and working to make it happen.

Some of this sounds like garbage, but hearing all the complaints about Brandon and his money grabbing agenda it's not hard to believe he is gone.

So, who exactly is Gregg Henson? I know he does his blog and a radio show, but does he have ties to Michigan? A lot of what he's presented lately is interesting. Just not sure how accurate it is.

So, who exactly is Gregg Henson? I know he does his blog and a radio show, but does he have ties to Michigan? A lot of what he's presented lately is interesting. Just not sure how accurate it is.
I know that he did radio in Detroit for a while. Not sure how connected he is, but John U. Bacon pretty much confirmed it today on WTKA with Sam Webb, that there was a letter signed by a lot of people.

remember way back when Lloyd Carr was given the boot?

i'd give Gardner's left testicle for Carr now

I know that he did radio in Detroit for a while. Not sure how connected he is, but John U. Bacon pretty much confirmed it today on WTKA with Sam Webb, that there was a letter signed by a lot of people.
John U. Bacon is all over it.

Trying to figure out which was worse....RR's defense and his refusal to recruit that side of the ball or this offense that's in it's third scheme in 6 years. It's hard to get mad at these guys on offense, but man it's brutal. Cole is going to be a beast.

It's possible that Brady Hoke doesn't understand how championships are determined.

After losing to Minnesota 30-14 on Saturday, Hoke's Wolverines have dropped two-straight games at home and find themselves at 2-3 on the season (0-1 in the Big Ten). During Saturday's loss, fans in the stands could be heard chanting for Hoke to be fired.

That doesn't matter to Hoke, though, as he still has big plans for the 2014 season.

"I think this team can still win the championship," said Hoke after the game. "I really do."
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24727054/brady-hoke-i-think-this-team-can-still-win-the-championship

What a boob.

It's possible that Brady Hoke doesn't understand how championships are determined.

After losing to Minnesota 30-14 on Saturday, Hoke's Wolverines have dropped two-straight games at home and find themselves at 2-3 on the season (0-1 in the Big Ten). During Saturday's loss, fans in the stands could be heard chanting for Hoke to be fired.

That doesn't matter to Hoke, though, as he still has big plans for the 2014 season.

"I think this team can still win the championship," said Hoke after the game. "I really do."
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24727054/brady-hoke-i-think-this-team-can-still-win-the-championshipWhat a boob.
What Championship?

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24727054/brady-hoke-i-think-this-team-can-still-win-the-championshipWhat a boob.
What Championship?
Not even the Little Brown Jug. :shrug:

Here's the problem Michigan has (or, rather, a problem) - they have to fire both the AD and the coach. But you have to fire the AD first, obviously. So what can they do? The only answer is to fire Brandon immediately. That way you can hopefully get a new AD hired in time to hire a coach. If they wait more than a week or two, they are going to be in serious trouble.

But the problem with firing the AD right away is that the President is brand new. He only became the President on 7/1/14. Is that long enough to fire an AD 3 months into a tenure? I hope so. I hope he's decisive. Because if he waits longer than a few weeks to fire Brandon, we are going to be stuck with either a) Brandon keeping Hoke (most likely scenario if Brandon is still AD) or b) Brandon hiring another football coach (NO Michigan fan wants that).

If all the alleged letters being written are true, that should be more than enough to get the president comfortable with pulling the plug on Brandon. You're right, I don't want Brandon hiring another coach.

turrible ...just turrible.

Can't believe they left Morris in ...can't believe Bellamy couldn't find his friggin' helmet.

Here's the problem Michigan has (or, rather, a problem) - they have to fire both the AD and the coach. But you have to fire the AD first, obviously. So what can they do? The only answer is to fire Brandon immediately. That way you can hopefully get a new AD hired in time to hire a coach. If they wait more than a week or two, they are going to be in serious trouble.

But the problem with firing the AD right away is that the President is brand new. He only became the President on 7/1/14. Is that long enough to fire an AD 3 months into a tenure? I hope so. I hope he's decisive. Because if he waits longer than a few weeks to fire Brandon, we are going to be stuck with either a) Brandon keeping Hoke (most likely scenario if Brandon is still AD) or b) Brandon hiring another football coach (NO Michigan fan wants that).
I am sure firing Brandon is no problem at this point. If I were him I would let him twist in the wind a few more weeks. Teams are licking their chops at this point. UM is going to get rolled next week at Rutgers and then after that it looks possible that they may not win another game. This team is truly terrible and I am sure all of the players, who are top recruits and expected a career of glory, are shell-shocked.

What a mess. The only good thing out of this is that San Fran looks like it is going to flame out this year, so you guys will get Harbaugh who will most likely have you competing for the Big Ten title as early as next year.

I am sure firing Brandon is no problem at this point. If I were him I would let him twist in the wind a few more weeks. Teams are licking their chops at this point. UM is going to get rolled next week at Rutgers and then after that it looks possible that they may not win another game. This team is truly terrible and I am sure all of the players, who are top recruits and expected a career of glory, are shell-shocked.

What a mess. The only good thing out of this is that San Fran looks like it is going to flame out this year, so you guys will get Harbaugh who will most likely have you competing for the Big Ten title as early as next year.
So you have no problem with Michigan having their own thread?

So you have no problem with Michigan having their own thread?
Technically, at that point in the day I was about 6 drinks in and I was just feeling like being an #####. It is o.k that Penn State has their own thread. I think maybe I was jealous for a moment that Wisconsin does not have a thread. Maybe I will start one for Wisconsin basketball 2014.

Fortunately, I didn't watch the second half. Been on the Michigan blog reading about the Morris play and I'm absolutely furious at how that was handled....both by the refs and by the Michigan coaching staff. Unbelievable!

Fortunately, I didn't watch the second half. Been on the Michigan blog reading about the Morris play and I'm absolutely furious at how that was handled....both by the refs and by the Michigan coaching staff. Unbelievable!
Maybe I just haven't noticed, but have there been any ejections for targeting this year? After there were so many called last year, it seems to have all but disappeared.

Butch Jones is a Michigan native?
Yep. Grew up in Saugatuck (FWIW, largest gay population in MI... NTTAWWT). Went to Central Michigan I think Ferris State. As a non-UM fan, I would endorse that hire.

ETA: Just looked it up and he went to Ferris, not CMU.

i stopped watching too, but after seeing the replay I won't watch another play until he is canned.Inexcusable.

Maybe I just haven't noticed, but have there been any ejections for targeting this year? After there were so many called last year, it seems to have all but disappeared.
I'm with you...seemed like a lot more last year. Not sure. If there was ever a real life example of it though, the hit on Morris was it.

Butch Jones is a Michigan native?
Yep. Grew up in Saugatuck (FWIW, largest gay population in MI... NTTAWWT). Went to Central Michigan I think Ferris State. As a non-UM fan, I would endorse that hire.

ETA: Just looked it up and he went to Ferris, not CMU.
It would absolutely crush Tennessee, if he did leave. They've had a rough 5 years...and they love him so far.

They need to do what USC did last year: fire Hoke right now and put an interim coach in. That should satisfy the fans and give them a chance to find the new coach they want. They can wait on the AD. Hoke is the face of the team.

Users who are viewing this thread