What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, its yo (2 Viewers)

Lots of great advice in this thread. Good luck 16, you seem like good peoples and I hope you do tons of damage the next couple of years and then meet the woman of your dreams.

FFA is right as always.

There is another guy. Personal Trainer, no college degree! HA! Doesn't live in the area. They met when she went back home for Christmas.

My best friend's girlfriend, who is my ex's roommate now relayed the news.

Good riddance! Just makes things a whole lot easier.

Last edited by a moderator:
FFA is right as always.There is another guy. Personal Trainer, no college degree! HA! Doesn't live in the area. They met when she went back home for Christmas.My best friend's girlfriend, who is my ex's roommate now relayed the news.Good riddance! Just makes things a whole lot easier.
It always sucks to find out for sure. Just stay away from her so you don't get drunk and punch her lights out.

FFA is right as always.There is another guy. Personal Trainer, no college degree! HA! Doesn't live in the area. They met when she went back home for Christmas.My best friend's girlfriend, who is my ex's roommate now relayed the news.Good riddance! Just makes things a whole lot easier.
Help her pack. Put some pair of her shoes in a shoebox or bag. Oh, almost forgot the most important part. Poop in them.

Is she going to leave to become a registered nurse back home? If so, Registered nurse + personal trainer + back home = kid in less than 2 years. You're the lucky one in this scenario.

F her. Good luck gb!

Wow, this a total shocker...I never saw it coming! Dude you gotta fight for her. She is kindest sweetest person in the world. What a great person

It's always another guy. She'll realize her mistake down the road and regret it, but by then, you'll have moved on to bigger and better things.Recommended leisure time activities : beer, whiskey, up-tempo music, bars, confidence, wholesale ###-plowing.Not recommended : gravity bong rips, sitting in your bedroom listening to Life of Agony's "The River Runs Red" album.

Is she going to leave to become a registered nurse back home? If so, Registered nurse + personal trainer + back home = kid in less than 2 years. You're the lucky one in this scenario.
I doubt it but who knows.She makes very good money here in the Bay Area compared to Southern California. Love makes you do dumb #### so maybe (thanks FFA for the intervention), but I would think she would stay here.Oh well. Otis has retired, Woz looks like he's on his way. Will definitely keep the FFA updated. I respect the ex enough not to post her pics/vids, but to the dirty, dirty girls I will be tearing up for god knows how long I can't say the same.

I doubt it but who knows.She makes very good money here in the Bay Area compared to Southern California. Love makes you do dumb #### so maybe (thanks FFA for the intervention), but I would think she would stay here.Oh well. Otis has retired, Woz looks like he's on his way. Will definitely keep the FFA updated. I respect the ex enough not to post her pics/vids, but to the dirty, dirty girls I will be tearing up for god knows how long I can't say the same.
Good for you. That's the kind of thing you should only share with your very best friends. On a wholly unrelated note, personally, I can't help but feel we've developed a little bit of a bond in this thread. I'd like to take this opportunity to tell you how proud I am of the way you handled the situation, and if there's anything I can do to help you through this trying time, feel free to drop me a PM. I'm always there for my GBs. I'm going to be heading to Napa in April. Maybe I can buy you a drink on my way through town.

FFA is right as always.

There is another guy. Personal Trainer, no college degree! HA! Doesn't live in the area. They met when she went back home for Christmas.

It's always another guy. She'll realize her mistake down the road and regret it, but by then, you'll have moved on to bigger and better things.Recommended leisure time activities : beer, whiskey, up-tempo music, bars, confidence, wholesale ###-plowing.

Not recommended : gravity bong rips, sitting in your bedroom listening to Life of Agony's "The River Runs Red" album.
:thumbup: Or Electric Funeral and Hand of Doom over and over again.

So, NOW can you post some pics of her funbags over at :e:?

Good for you. That's the kind of thing you should only share with your very best friends. On a wholly unrelated note, personally, I can't help but feel we've developed a little bit of a bond in this thread. I'd like to take this opportunity to tell you how proud I am of the way you handled the situation, and if there's anything I can do to help you through this trying time, feel free to drop me a PM. I'm always there for my GBs. I'm going to be heading to Napa in April. Maybe I can buy you a drink on my way through town.
:thumbup: Have tons of appreciation for all of the FFA. The support I received early on showed me the truth I was denying (there is ALWAYS another dude) and the helped put things into perspective through the combined wisdom only gathered from experience. I would probably still be a wreck if it wasn't for you guys. Shoot me a PM and I'll be the one to buy you a drink!I have no work tomorrow, so I plan on going nuts tonight.

I won't. Sorry guys. Promise, I'll be attempting to let you guys see as much of the women of the Bay Area as I can. Let me know what ethnicity and I'll try and hunt it down.

I won't. Sorry guys. Promise, I'll be attempting to let you guys see as much of the women of the Bay Area as I can. Let me know what ethnicity and I'll try and hunt it down.
:thumbdown:You owe this cheating, homewrecking hooooor nothing. The FFA on the other hand...You could become a legendary FBG in the blink of an eye....possibly your own smilie when you die.Think about it.

For the record, I don't always think there's another guy, but with her suddenly wanting to break up out of the blue with it, it was pretty clear that she was cheating. Especially since her complaint about your lack of spontaneity was obviously code for "I'm addicted to romance novels and being pursued and am not mature enough for a real relationship." Sorry dude. At least it makes it much easier to move on now.

:thumbdown:You owe this cheating, homewrecking hooooor nothing. The FFA on the other hand...You could become a legendary FBG in the blink of an eye....possibly your own smilie when you die.Think about it.
:goodposting: :pics:

She will be looking for someone more fulfilling. You know what she is. They all are.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep. They don't jump if they don't have a place to land.

Still holding out hope, eh?

Make sure to work in some kind of exercise regimen to counteract the effects of all the hard living you're about to be doing. Getting yourself in better shape is a great way to improve your mental and physical situation. Along those lines, I know you like talking hoops - do you play much? That's a fun way to keep the lbs off when you're binge drinking.

Make sure to work in some kind of exercise regimen to counteract the effects of all the hard living you're about to be doing. Getting yourself in better shape is a great way to improve your mental and physical situation. Along those lines, I know you like talking hoops - do you play much? That's a fun way to keep the lbs off when you're binge drinking.
Will do. I play hoops once in a while, but during the winter months barely ever. I plan on joining a crossfit gym to work myself into shape and as a way to meet new people.

Will do. I play hoops once in a while, but during the winter months barely ever. I plan on joining a crossfit gym to work myself into shape and as a way to meet new people.
:thumbup: Extra potential bonus - the ex has to eat her heart out if she happens to see you in your new fitness trainer shape.

Yeah, maybe you'll get to meet a personal trainer too. Seriously though good luck. Sucks that your best friend's girlfriend lives with your ex since you'll probably still have to run into her occasionally. Whatever you do DON'T take her back when she realizes the grass isn't greener on the other side. You're too good for that.

I remember going through this. IT IS A BLESSING that you won't realize for some time. You have only one mission in lfe right now and that is to get knee deep in as much kitty as you possibly can. Don't sit around moping, get out there and put a helmet on that soldier!

GOD, why do you all have to rub it in my face like this?

I'm been married for 10 F'N YEARS MAN!!!!!!! 10!!!

She won't leave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah, she'll get hers. The personal trainers I know, seem to go through women pretty quick. She'll realize she ####ed up soon enough, just make sure you move along yourself

'ChloeOBrienCTU said:
Why didn't I propose to her sooner?
If most of her experiences were with commitment oriented people, she might be under the false impression that everyone is that way. It's an easy trap to fall into for a person with little experience. She might not like the answers she ends up finding. Failed relationships are like bowls of cereal. People want to remember the beginning, when things were crisp and new. They don't want to remember the end, when things got soggy and cold. There's a reason why people get together. But there is also a reason why people split apart. It's ok to remember why you got together as long as you balance that equally with why it all fell apart.

If she comes back down the road, what she is really saying is you are just good enough to be a little bit above lonely. If you take her back, it's your way of saying you agree. You should never speak a word to her again the rest of your life.
Just what I needed to hear right now.

FFA is right as always.

Let me know what ethnicity and I'll try and hunt it down.
*All of the above

Good call. Really good chance for some potential independent, have-their-####-together hotties at crossfit gyms. Haven't seen one yet without any. Most gyms too do a lot of socializing outside of the gym. I'd say try to dive right in there and make that a new social focus. Always, always feels good to improve yourself after being dumped. She WILL contact you within the year and claim she may have made a mistake and it'll feel good.

Had a great talk with my Dad today at lunch. Really helped open my eyes and unromanticize the relationship. He also personally challenged me to beat his personal best of juggling 5 ladies at the same time. Gotta love pops.

Had a great talk with my Dad today at lunch. Really helped open my eyes and unromanticize the relationship. He also personally challenged me to beat his personal best of juggling 5 ladies at the same time. Gotta love pops.
Mom?

Pops, wasn't a personal trainer by any chance?

'ChloeOBrienCTU said:
If most of her experiences were with commitment oriented people, she might be under the false impression that everyone is that way. It's an easy trap to fall into for a person with little experience. She might not like the answers she ends up finding. Failed relationships are like bowls of cereal. People want to remember the beginning, when things were crisp and new. They don't want to remember the end, when things got soggy and cold. There's a reason why people get together. But there is also a reason why people split apart. It's ok to remember why you got together as long as you balance that equally with why it all fell apart.

If she comes back down the road, what she is really saying is you are just good enough to be a little bit above lonely. If you take her back, it's your way of saying you agree. You should never speak a word to her again the rest of your life.
Depends on if she jumps into a relationship with this guy and how old she is. Some people hit their mid to late 20s having been in relationships and realize they've been pissing away the best years of their life and decide to be independent, screw who they want, go where they want when they want, make decisions on their own, live in the city and go nuts, etc for awhile. If that's what's going on with her and she really is cool, while I certainly wouldn't so much as take a phone call from her for a while, down the road when you're both older and wiser, who knows. But if she's just dropping you for another, then yeah, she can go #### herself for all eternity. Has she gotten her stuff out of your house yet?

'ChloeOBrienCTU said:

Depends on if she jumps into a relationship with this guy and how old she is. Some people hit their mid to late 20s having been in relationships and realize they've been pissing away the best years of their life and decide to be independent, screw who they want, go where they want when they want, make decisions on their own, live in the city and go nuts, etc for awhile. If that's what's going on with her and she really is cool, while I certainly wouldn't so much as take a phone call from her for a while, down the road when you're both older and wiser, who knows. But if she's just dropping you for another, then yeah, she can go #### herself for all eternity. Has she gotten her stuff out of your house yet?
Yep. Everything is out. Looking for a spot with my friends so we can have a bachelor pad and party non-stop.

Partied last night and pulled 2 numbers: Hawaiin chick and a Viet chick. No action though except heavy grinding on the dance floor.

Probably will fire off a text or two tomorrow to see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread