What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PDSL Stinkin Ref Discussion Thread.... (2 Viewers)

:2cents:

Crippler:

QB Rivers 3.15

QB Flynn 7.15

QB Skelton

You should be solid here. Late bye for Flynn lets him help you for 10 straight weeks if needed. Hosed me by picking Skelton, but hopefully it doesn’t cost me. Like your combo.

RB Mathews 2.2

RB Ingram 5.15

RB Starks 9.15

RB Lamicheal James

RB Powell

RB Kuhn

I kinda like what you did here overall although I’m not sure you are as solid as you think on the top 3. Matthews should be a stud so that’s a good place to start. I took Ingram in a bunch of drafts last year and he killed me. I think that will continue to affect my opinion of him. New Orleans also seems to like what Sproles/Thomas/Ivory bring to the game so I wonder if Ingram will ever truly become what I think many of us envisioned for him when the Saints first signed him. That is a crowded backfield on a team that throws the ball to begin with anyway. Ingram will be one player I will be staying away from in most drafts this year. I’m not sure he is even their first option at the goal line anymore let alone between the 20’s. Not sure GB is all in on Starks either, but we’ll see what happens during the draft and afterward and with Green/Saine. But after that I like how you backed those 3 up. James could be huge I agree with you about Powell maybe surprising with his production. Like Kuhn and his TD’s.

WR Nicks 1.15

WR Colston 4.2

WR Little 8.2

WR Roberts 13.15

WR Steve Smith SL

WR Hartline

WR Clyde Gates

WR Brian Quick

I got Colston in the 4th in a WSL and also felt like it was a good bargain, so love the top 2. I like Little but really would have liked to have seen CLE get a QB. Even a guy like Orton or something I think would have helped improve his stock. After that you got some bodies, nothing special and to me not much real upside to pick you up if you need it. You got two from the mess that is MIA, Smith could end up getting cut, and a rook. Roberts should still be the starter although Fitz is campaigning for Floyd. Just a quick look and the QB situations kind of stink at all the places after your top 2 guys (Kolb owner here).

TE Gresham 6.2

TE Miller 11.15

TE Housler

Decent group here and I agree with your assessment on Gresham and Housler. I’m holding on Miller right now as let’s see if they add a TE somehow, whether through the draft or a guy like Shiancoe.

D Pitt 10.2

D San Diego 12.2

PK Henery 14.2

PK Succop

Overall: Took a quick look at your draft. Even though I am down on Ingram, I can’t really argue with your first 7 picks. IMO I would have taken Decker or even Meachem over Little and I would have liked your WR’s a TON more. Decker is going to be a monster. Manning>McCoy. Doesn’t really matter here and maybe a discussion for another time, but not sure about “Against the other WSL, I got lots of value”…not sure if that is necessarily a great measuring stick across the board. One or two guys overvaluing somebody like Mendenhall or something can really skew the ADP’s, etc., but I understand what you are trying to say. Nice job and good luck.

:banned:

Last edited by a moderator:
Some statistics from our draft that surprised me.....

1) 51 TEs drafted, including five teams with four, where only one per team (16) will score each week

2) 44 QBs drafted, seven less than TEs and only one team with four

3) Two teams went with a solo PK, even with 24 man rosters

4) More reserves were drafted at WR (84) than at RB (60), but likely due more to the 3 required scores and ppr scoring than the fact that RBs miss more games with injuries

5) The number of RBs per roster varied from one team with 4, four teams with 5, nine teams with 6, to a maximum of 7 on two teams

6) The number of WRs per roster varies from one team with 6, three teams with 7, six teams with 8, three teams with 9, to a maximum of three teams with 10

Some statistics from our draft that surprised me.....1) 51 TEs drafted, including five teams with four, where only one per team (16) will score each week2) 44 QBs drafted, seven less than TEs and only one team with four3) Two teams went with a solo PK, even with 24 man rosters4) More reserves were drafted at WR (84) than at RB (60), but likely due more to the 3 required scores and ppr scoring than the fact that RBs miss more games with injuries5) The number of RBs per roster varied from one team with 4, four teams with 5, nine teams with 6, to a maximum of 7 on two teams6) The number of WRs per roster varies from one team with 6, three teams with 7, six teams with 8, three teams with 9, to a maximum of three teams with 10
I don't think #1 is out of line at all with 2 PPR and 24 roster spots. Those few crazy (kinda big) weeks by a marginal TE could maybe help you advance those weeks more than adding a 9th or 10th WR. Really no reason not to have 3 TE's in this format which would put the number at 16x3=48...so the 51 is only 3 above what should maybe happen. Although the pickens/quality do get pretty slim and many of them won't pan out. Quanity over quality maybe has a better chance of paying off at TE with the 2 PPR than the same approach at another position.

I agree on Decker being a probably better pick. Just keep reading that they oculd draft a WR also and Stokely is an interesting character. Who will manning like. Much higher upside I think than Little but went with who is the #1 guy. But I like your thinking there.

I really wanted Beanie instead of Ingram but he went just a couple of picks before hand. But everyone I am sure was sniped. One of the few for me. Fitz over Nicks but that one was not tragic. In the 7th was hoping for Bradford but that was a pipe dream. Flynn's weapons are better. Boldin would have been golden and come back with Flynn at that point. 9th I thought about one of the 2 rookie RB's that went just before Starks. I probably should have gone Denver over SD though. Grabbing Pitt early was not too heartbreaking. James Jones was a guy I liked. I really wanted Crosby or Gost at the PK spot since I own both in my dynasty league. I did not like my Brian Quick pick at all but some many rookies before him that I got caught up. I did like Juron Criner but Quick is higher rated on quite a few lists right now

4.11 Matt Ryan, ATL QB11

7.06 Ryan Fitzpatrick, BUF QB19

22.11 Mike Kafka, PHI QB41

1.06 LeSean McCoy, PHI RB3

3.06 Steven Jackson, STL RB13

8.11 Stevan Ridley, NE RB36

16.11 Mikel LeShoure, DET RB60

17.06 Bernard Scott, CIN RB63

2.11 Victor Cruz, NYG WR9

5.06 Brandon Lloyd, NE WR27

10.11 James Jones, GB WR54

12.11 Jacoby Ford, OAK WR58

14.11 Brandon LaFell, CAR WR63

18.11 Jordan Shipley, CIN WR85

19.06 Jason Avant, PHI WR91

20.11 Danario Alexander, STL WR100

21.06 Donnie Avery, IND WR106

23.06 Marcus Easley, BUF WR118

6.11 Jared Cook, TEN TE15

9.11 Kyle Rudolph, MIN TE20

24.11 Jeremy Shockey, UFA TE46

13.06 David Akers, SF PK2

15.06 Neil Rackers, HOU PK13

11.06 Chicago, DST9

comments later today

by request... :2cents:

Reaper:

6.07 Reaper - Josh Freeman - QB16 - TBB

7.10 Reaper - Sam Bradford - QB21 - STL

Two guys that have “bounce back” written all over them. How many of us would thought this combo was pretty solid heading into last year? Probably quite a few. With having waited til rounds 6-7 to get QB’s I think you pulled off a steal. Probably a little lucky that Bradford made it back to you IMO. I think both of these guys are very talented and that last year was the exception not the norm. Good chance those both get a pretty big upgrade at WR1 with VJ and Blackmon if STL takes him. Others might not, but I like it. If I would have known I could get these two here I might have passed on taking a QB in round 1. I think when all is said and done you will like this combo cause if you get eliminated I don’t think it will be because of QB. Although I would have been tempted in this format to snag Newton instead of MJD.

1.10 Reaper - Maurice Jones-Drew - RB4 - JAX

5.10 Reaper - Roy Helu - RB20 - WAS

9.10 Reaper - Lamar Miller - RB38 - ROOK

10.07 Reaper - Felix Jones - RB41 - DAL

15.10 Reaper - Rashad Jennings - RB55 - JAX

22.07 Reaper - Javon Ringer - RB83 - TEN

23.10 Reaper - Ronnie Brown - RB88 - UFA

Even if things don’t improve tremendously in JAC, MJD at 10 is pretty sweet. I love Helu in this format and like his game (even though I took Royster). Not sure that RGIII will dump off as much, but Helu can gobble up receptions. Thoughts on Miller are all over the place but I like him and that could make or break this unit. Well Shanny could also screw you, but anyway. Why have we been so quick to write off Jones? I have eye balled him several times but I just can’t figure it out. Dude has game, his situation is one I will be watching all summer, he has to be better than a 10th rounder in a 16 team draft doesn’t he? I could see him going nuts if traded or if Murray really isn’t the guy. Just IMO. So all that sounded warm and fuzzy, but there could be moments (like most of us) where you struggle to get a second score especially if Shanny has his way with you.

2.07 Reaper - Roddy White - WR7 - ATL

3.10 Reaper - Mike Wallace - WR13 - PIT

8.07 Reaper - Robert Meachem - WR42 - SDC

12.07 Reaper - Earl Bennett - WR57 - CHI

17.10 Reaper - Golden Tate - WR78 - SEA

19.10 Reaper - Adrian Arrington - WR92 - NOS

20.07 Reaper - Preston Parker - WR96 - TBB

21.10 Reaper - Lee Evans - WR107 - BAL

24.07 Reaper - Stephen Williams - WR126 - ARZ

Might just be me, but Meachem should not have been there for you. Rivers sometimes has the “I’ll chuck it to you, make a play mentality” and I think Meachem benefits from that. While everybody and their brother is predicting a break out year for Mathews, SD will still chuck it in that division. Top 3 are solid, very solid, and I like Bennett. Cutler if he can get some protection is going to feel very comfortable throwing to his receivers this year. I love Cutler this year slingin it with Rodgers and Stafford. I know Forte is the man but they will need to score. Bennett will benefit from Marshall more than people think (maybe) even though Marshall can be a reception whore. I’m not sold after Bennett as I see the rest struggling to maybe even get on the field, although I really like Evans (now in JAC) who I think was a solid pick that late. Didn’t really say much about your top two, cause most think that is money in the bank, but I might be in the minority a little bit when I think the owners of both might be slightly disappointed. I think it was a good call not to go Romo and add Wallace. Although I think Wallace is ranked a little too high right now. And I agree you didn’t lose much with your TE/WR combo question as I think people will over value the way VD played late in the season. Pettigrew will get his. How crazy would it have been to go with both White and Julio instead White and Wallace. I think Julio outperforms Wallace and will be ranked higher next year. I know in this survivior format it would suck to have them both off on the same week but Julio is the real deal.

4.07 Reaper - Brandon Pettigrew - TE8 - DET

14.07 Reaper - Anthony Fasano - TE29 - MIA

Haven’t really looked yet at how your draft broke down, but I would have added a third here. Let’s see what Bennett really does before we automatically bump him up so high.

16.07 Reaper - Dan Carpenter - PK22 - MIA

18.07 Reaper - Ryan Longwell - PK30 - MIN

11.10 Reaper - Buffalo Bills DST - DST11 - BUF

13.10 Reaper - Miami Dolphins DST - DST29 – MIA

Overall: Solid QB’s (IMO), seriously could be a big hit or a big miss at RB2 and depth there, struggling after top 3 at WR, and the rest is about there with everybody else. Felix could be your wild card.Toby Gerhart over Felix maybe (ADP’s injury was nasty). LaMichael James over your Jennings handcuff, would Jennings make it back to you? I think VJ hurts Parker and some of those guys at WR outside of your top 3-4 might struggle to post a number. Looking back I want to like this team more than I do, but outside of MJD and you being able to pull off that QB combo, I’m not lovin it. Maybe White, but IMO this could be the year that Julio alters the pecking order in ATL. Kind of went back and forth here, not sure if it made much sense, just thinking and typing....and :banned:

Good luck...

4.16 jeter23 - Peyton Manning - QB12 - DEN

6.16 jeter23 - Andy Dalton - QB18 - CIN

9.01 jeter23 - Jake Locker - QB27 - TEN

1.01 jeter23 - Arian Foster - RB1 - HOU

7.01 jeter23 - Ben Tate - RB30 - HOU

11.01 jeter23 - Donald Brown - RB45 - IND

19.01 jeter23 - Brandon Jacobs - RB66 - SFO

20.16 jeter23 - Chris Ivory - RB74 - NOS

21.01 jeter23 - Jonathan Dwyer - RB75 - PIT

3.01 jeter23 - AJ Green - WR10 - CIN

5.01 jeter23 - Jeremy Maclin - WR25 - PHI

8.16 jeter23 - Titus Young - WR46 - DET

14.16 jeter23 - Kendall Wright - WR66 - ROOK

16.16 jeter23 - Rueben Randle - WR74 - ROOK

23.01 jeter23 - Joseph Morgan - WR117 - NOS

2.16 jeter23 - Vernon Davis - TE6 - SFO

10.16 jeter23 - Martellus Bennett - TE24 - NYG

15.01 jeter23 - Lance Kendricks - TE31 - STL

22.16 jeter23 - Laderious Green - TE43 - ROOK

12.16 jeter23 - New Orleans Saints DST - DST23 - NOS

13.01 jeter23 - Tenessee Titans DST - DST24 - TEN

17.01 jeter23 - Nick Folk - PK26 - NYJ

18.16 jeter23 - Olindo Mare - PK32 - CAR

24.16 jeter23 - John Kasay - PK33 - NOS

QB - Schaub/Yates, Sanchez

RB - D.Murray/Tanner, F.Jackson, Hillis, Gerhart, Moreno, Clay

WR - Harvin, T.Smith/Doss, Manningham, V.Brown, J.Morgan, Bess, Douglas

TE - Gronkowski, Scheffler

PK - Bailey, Hanson

DEF - Jaguars, Raiders

Thanks for the easy formatting Nugget. :thumbup:

3.03 - Eli Manning - QB6 - NYG (11)

6.14 - Joe Flacco - QB17 - BAL (8)

2.14 - Darren Sproles - RB10 - NOS (6)

5.03 - Michael Turner - RB19 - ATL (7)

10.14 - Kendall Hunter - RB44 - SFO (9)

17.03 - Jason Snelling - RB61 - ATL (7)

18.14 - Taiwan Jones - RB65 - OAK (5)

21.03 - Cyrus Green - RB77 - ROOK

1.03 - Calvin Johnson - WR1 - DET (5)

7.03 - Malcolm Floyd - WR34 - SDC (7)

8.14 - Laurent Robinson - WR44 - JAX (6)

12.14 - Jabar Gaffney - WR59 - WAS (10)

14.14 - Danny Amendola - WR65 - STL (9)

19.03 - Jacoby Jones - WR89 - HOU (8)

20.14 - Mohamed Massaquoi - WR102 - CLE (10)

22.14 - Lavelle Hawkins - WR116 - TEN (11)

24.14 - Dezmon Briscoe - WR130 - TBB (5)

4.14 - Fred Davis - TE9 - WAS (10)

9.03 - Heath Miller - TE19 - PIT (4)

23.03 - Michael Hoomanawanui - TE44 - STL (9)

11.03 - New England Patriots DST - DST10 - NEP (9)

13.03 - Tampa Bay Bucaneers DST - DST26 - TBB (5)

15.03 - Rob Bironas - PK11 - TEN (11)

16.14 - Graham Gano - PK25 - WAS (10)

edit in some explanations later.

THANKS REF!!!!!

Not much to add - Though I do think / hope a trio of Helu/ Felix Jones/ Lamar Miller should net me some real good RB2 points. I'll look again but, I want to find what teams have a better RB2 combo than that.

Interesting comment about the later WR's on my roster and I can't disagree - One thought I had was that in these very deep All-play drafts I often like to wait for WR's and then load up on a lot of flyers - One thing about this year is that we have a draft where some say the WR pool is 50 deep!!!!!!! There is going to be a lot of WR talent hitting the NFL this season which will bump off some of these WR"s on the edge and for a a draft like this, make it very unpredicatable as to which later WR's will hit....

Hoping for some Golden Tate contributions as well.

Thanks again!!!

Jeter23:

4.16 jeter23 - Peyton Manning - QB12 - DEN

6.16 jeter23 - Andy Dalton - QB18 - CIN

9.01 jeter23 - Jake Locker - QB27 - TEN

Do you think the words “Peyton Manning” and “Steal of the Draft” have ever been used in the same sentence? Me neither. That could be the case here. For all intents and purposes he made it to the 5th round (just for fun you should have taken him at 5.01 instead of 4.16). You had to be licking your chops as that turn was approaching for you and he kept sliding. Could be a homerun and you have a nice combo with Dalton. On the other hand, it could get ugly quick. I live about an hour north of Denver so pretty in touch with the vibe around here even though I hate the Broncos. There is no plan B for Denver. This is my take on Manning. He is going to look like a world beater all summer, the Peyton of old, etc. Part of that is because nobody with “bad intentions” is going to come within 10 yards of him. I expect his passes to be crisp and right on target. He’ll be lighting up the camp highlights on ESPN and NFL Network. Then it will be interesting to see how much he plays in the preseason games when it is “go time” and you got guys trying to fight for roster spots coming at you. With no Plan B, how much do they play him in the first game, in the second, and in the third (dress rehearsal against SF)? And how much do they put him in a position to face a rush. Add to this he hasn’t played in a year. I know that shouldn’t mean much cause he is Peyton ####### Manning. Outside of the obvious concern that some think it might only take one decent hit to put him back on the bench, my other concern is his live action timing with his receivers and adjustments, etc. How exactly do you test to make sure your neck is ready for a whiplash inducing hit from a 260 pound linebacker at full speed anyway? I digress, nice job here at QB, as it should be when they take up 3 of your first 9 picks.

1.01 jeter23 - Arian Foster - RB1 - HOU

7.01 jeter23 - Ben Tate - RB30 - HOU

11.01 jeter23 - Donald Brown - RB45 - IND

19.01 jeter23 - Brandon Jacobs - RB66 - SFO

20.16 jeter23 - Chris Ivory - RB74 - NOS

21.01 jeter23 - Jonathan Dwyer - RB75 – PIT

Interesting strategy here. Obviously it seems you kind of think of Foster as a RB1 and 1.5, and that Tate could probably assume that role as well should Foster get hurt. Guess there could be times when both of them score for you, however, the offensive line that had been paving the way for these guys has lost a few pieces. Let’s see if the gaudy numbers are still there. Curious about your thoughts on Brown and if you think he is the ongoing answer in Indy. He has never been one of my favorites. Jacobs and Ivory need some bad things to happen in front of them to have a real impact. While I like Ivory’s game personally, he is like 4th on the depth chart at RB on a passing team. Does Dwyer seize a possible opportunity, I don’t think so. (Redman owner). While this should be a position of strength with having the HOU running game locked up, not sure you really capitalized on it and backed it up with enough. Not sure what I would like to see (Gerhart/LaMichael James/something with some potential pop). You had some opportunities to add something else but went a different direction. Not a big fan after the top guy so that must mean the rest of your team is stacked. Let’s look.

3.01 jeter23 - AJ Green - WR10 - CIN

5.01 jeter23 - Jeremy Maclin - WR25 - PHI

8.16 jeter23 - Titus Young - WR46 - DET

14.16 jeter23 - Kendall Wright - WR66 - ROOK

16.16 jeter23 - Rueben Randle - WR74 - ROOK

23.01 jeter23 - Joseph Morgan - WR117 – NOS

Only 6 deep, two rooks, and a guy I never heard of (which means nothing). You could be in trouble here with bye weeks not knowing where the two rooks land. Lots of people are just ready to hand the WR2 spot and some monster stats to Young this year. I’m not ready just yet. I expected this group to be stronger after looking at the RB’s but then I realized you spent 3 of your first 9 picks on QB. Green is solid and Maclin should be alright. Guess my biggest weakness in assessing teams is I don’t give a ton of credit to rookies and probably tend to minimize the fantasy impact that they may have on a team. So much depends on where they go and more importantly who the QB is and what type of offense they run. These guys end up in CLE or JAC or MIN or MIA or something who knows what happens. So while I don’t like this group, others that are more in touch with their talent and more optimistic about their immediate fantasy impact may love it.

2.16 jeter23 - Vernon Davis - TE6 - SFO

10.16 jeter23 - Martellus Bennett - TE24 - NYG

15.01 jeter23 - Lance Kendricks - TE31 - STL

22.16 jeter23 - Laderious Green - TE43 – ROOK

I’m going to keep this short here and comment more at the bottom. With what I perceive as some areas that needed a little more attention (only 6 WR’s,etc) on your roster, I am surprised to see 4 here.

12.16 jeter23 - New Orleans Saints DST - DST23 - NOS

13.01 jeter23 - Tennessee Titans DST - DST24 - TEN

17.01 jeter23 - Nick Folk - PK26 - NYJ

18.16 jeter23 - Olindo Mare - PK32 - CAR

24.16 jeter23 - John Kasay - PK33 – NOS

Overall: Not trying to sound like a d-bag here, and I know at least according to Bass you are the man ;) , but I’m not sure you brought you’re A game in this draft. Maybe it was a good idea sticking you in the one hole. I think your Locker pick could have been used somewhere else (lots of RB/WR still on the board) and most definitely your Kendricks pick with Davis and Bennett on board (Damien Williams/Josh Morgan/LaMichael James/Burress/Henderson/Royal/ I don’t know something). Kendricks and Green seemed a little over the top with needs elsewhere. While I think your team may be okay for a while and you can trot out a decent “starting” lineup, I think lack of impact depth could haunt you on some bye weeks. But just IMO. Good luck. :banned:

The VERY BAD:

13.02 - Washington Redskins DST - DST25 - WAS (10)

Never drafted to 24 rounds in survivor. Not a fan of it, but a good learning experience. This alone should eliminate me from contention. Live and learn.

The NOT SO GOOD:

4.15 - Demaryius Thomas - WR24 – DEN (7)

8.15 - Nate Washington - WR45 – TEN(11)

9.02 - Nate Burleson - WR47 - DET (5)

11.02 - Randall Cobb - WR55 – GBP(10)

16.15 - Arrelious Benn - WR73 – TBB(5)

18.15 - Braylon Edwards - WR87 – UFA(?)

20.15 - Jerome Simpson - WR103 – MIN(11)

24.15 - Anthony Gonzalez - WR131 – NEP(9)

Thomas will become Payton’s go to guy and therefore will be a bonafide WR1. Burleson will not be no pushover to Young for the starting spot. GB will get Cobb more involved. Simpson just got three. Who knows what is going on in NE with Welker? Do I have enough depth?

The OK:

15.02 - Rian Lindell - PK10 - BUF

17.02 - Steven Hauschka - PK27 – SEA

Fool me once……..ah …...well, we won’t get fooled again.

The Good:

5.02 - Tony Gonzalez - TE10 – ATL(7)

7.02 - Brent Celek - TE16 – PHI(7)

10.15 - Scott Chandler - TE23 – BUF(8)

If my 1 and 2 didn’t share a bye I would rate this as a top group.

The Very Good:

1.02 - Aaron Rodgers - QB1 – GBP (10)

14.15 - Blaine Gabbert - QB33 - JAX (6)

23.02 - Graham Harrell - QB42 – GBP (10)

Didn’t want to worry about the most important position, so I went with the best starting QB with the second pick. Followed up with the worst starting QB and took his back up(?).

The Best there is:

2.15 - Jamal Charles - RB11 – KCC (7)

3.02 - Frank Gore - RB12 – SFO(9)

6.15 - CJ Spiller - RB29 – BUF(8)

12.15 - Chris Polk - RB51 – ROOK(?) greenbay please!

21.02 - Tim Hightower - RB76 – WAS(?)

22.15 - Le'Ron McClain - RB84 – SDC(7)

You can’t touch this.

It was a great drafting with you gentS, good luck to all!

7.08 HellToupee - Robert Griffin - QB20 - ROOK

8.09 HellToupee - Alex Smith - QB25 – SFO

18.09 HellToupee - Josh Johnson - QB35 – SFO

I like how you backed up Smith with Johnson. I like Johnson. Got a good feeling about Griffin and I think Shanny will put him in the position to be successful. You may have some up and down weeks with this group. If it were me, I’d kind of like to see Johnson win the job outright early so I could have him and Griffin each week. I’m not a huge Smith fan. Can’t really give you a ringing endorsement here as you waited quite a while and we have to see how Griffin does, but he looks like the real deal.

2.09 HellToupee - Marshawn Lynch - RB10 - SEA

3.08 HellToupee - Trent Richardson - RB15 - ROOK

11.08 HellToupee - Shane Vereen - RB46 – NEP

16.09 HellToupee - Alex Green - RB59 – GBP

19.08 HellToupee - Isaiah Pead - RB67 – ROOK

21.08 HellToupee - Da’Rel Scott - RB79 – NYG

23.08 HellToupee - Baron Batch - RB86 – PIT

I could be wrong, but I thought lots of people had always thought that Vereen was the more talented of the two between him and Ridley. Yet it seems locked in stone for some reason that Ridley is going to be the next big thing. I would have probably rolled the dice on Vereen later too. Lynch is a good anchor and Richardson is practically a HOF’er already. We’ll see. But that’s a decent 1-2 punch. Green is in an intriguing situation as well although seemed a little early. You really rolled the dice here with your last few selections and I’m not sure how much production you will get from them.

4.09 HellToupee - Antonio Brown - WR22 - PIT

5.08 HellToupee - Reggie Wayne - WR28 - IND

6.09 HellToupee - Michael Crabtree - WR32 - SFO

9.08 HellToupee - Jon Baldwin - WR50 - KCC

13.08 HellToupee - Doug Baldwin - WR60 - SEA

17.08 HellToupee - Mike Thomas - WR76 - JAX

20.09 HellToupee - Jerrel Jerrigan - WR98 – NYG

I probably like this group overall more than others. You are showing a lot of confidence in Brown as you passed on some other guys. Wayne and Crabtree provide a decent 2-3 combo and I really like Baldwin to break out this year. Doug Baldwin seems like good value in the 13th as he should catch a bunch of balls working the slot. What will Thomas’s role be, I don’t know. And you and I will hopefully be battling for the NYG WR3 spot (Barden). Winner there gets a nice bump. I think you can get some pretty consistent scores here although one more body might have been nice.

1.08 HellToupee - Jimmy Graham - TE2 – NOS

14.09 HellToupee - Dennis Pitta - TE30 - BAL

22.09 HellToupee - James Casey - TE42 - HOU

24.09 HellToupee - Niles Paul - TE48 – WAS

You got a beast and some nice bodies to back him up. Maybe didn’t need them all.

10.09 HellToupee - Houston Texans DST - DST5 - HOU

12.09 HellToupee - Arizona Cardinals DST - DST20 – ARZ

15.08 HellToupee - Matt Bryant - PK14 – ATL

Like the DST combo especially if Peterson keeps taking a few to the house. One kicker could suck. You passed on the opportunity on several occasions to lock up a second one so that’s totally on you. I should thank you cause it allowed me to get Vinatieri. But I’m just not sure the guys you drafted during that time (Baldwin, Pitta, Green, Thomas, Johnson) were all worth not having a second option at PK each week.

Overall: I kinda like it except for the uncertainty at QB, your depth at RB, and your decision to pass on PK2 in a 24 round draft. I think a couple tweaks here or there and you could have been on to something here. Maybe like something else with the Pitta and Green picks. Paul pick could have been a flyer somewhere else if you stuck with Pitta and Casey. QB could be your demise if Griffin doesn’t bring it right off the bus. Good luck…... :banned:

'Stinkin Ref said:
:2cents: Jeter23:4.16 jeter23 - Peyton Manning - QB12 - DEN 6.16 jeter23 - Andy Dalton - QB18 - CIN9.01 jeter23 - Jake Locker - QB27 - TEN Do you think the words “Peyton Manning” and “Steal of the Draft” have ever been used in the same sentence? Me neither. That could be the case here. For all intents and purposes he made it to the 5th round (just for fun you should have taken him at 5.01 instead of 4.16). You had to be licking your chops as that turn was approaching for you and he kept sliding. Could be a homerun and you have a nice combo with Dalton. On the other hand, it could get ugly quick. I live about an hour north of Denver so pretty in touch with the vibe around here even though I hate the Broncos. There is no plan B for Denver. This is my take on Manning. He is going to look like a world beater all summer, the Peyton of old, etc. Part of that is because nobody with “bad intentions” is going to come within 10 yards of him. I expect his passes to be crisp and right on target. He’ll be lighting up the camp highlights on ESPN and NFL Network. Then it will be interesting to see how much he plays in the preseason games when it is “go time” and you got guys trying to fight for roster spots coming at you. With no Plan B, how much do they play him in the first game, in the second, and in the third (dress rehearsal against SF)? And how much do they put him in a position to face a rush. Add to this he hasn’t played in a year. I know that shouldn’t mean much cause he is Peyton ####### Manning. Outside of the obvious concern that some think it might only take one decent hit to put him back on the bench, my other concern is his live action timing with his receivers and adjustments, etc. How exactly do you test to make sure your neck is ready for a whiplash inducing hit from a 260 pound linebacker at full speed anyway? I digress, nice job here at QB, as it should be when they take up 3 of your first 9 picks.1.01 jeter23 - Arian Foster - RB1 - HOU 7.01 jeter23 - Ben Tate - RB30 - HOU 11.01 jeter23 - Donald Brown - RB45 - IND 19.01 jeter23 - Brandon Jacobs - RB66 - SFO 20.16 jeter23 - Chris Ivory - RB74 - NOS 21.01 jeter23 - Jonathan Dwyer - RB75 – PITInteresting strategy here. Obviously it seems you kind of think of Foster as a RB1 and 1.5, and that Tate could probably assume that role as well should Foster get hurt. Guess there could be times when both of them score for you, however, the offensive line that had been paving the way for these guys has lost a few pieces. Let’s see if the gaudy numbers are still there. Curious about your thoughts on Brown and if you think he is the ongoing answer in Indy. He has never been one of my favorites. Jacobs and Ivory need some bad things to happen in front of them to have a real impact. While I like Ivory’s game personally, he is like 4th on the depth chart at RB on a passing team. Does Dwyer seize a possible opportunity, I don’t think so. (Redman owner). While this should be a position of strength with having the HOU running game locked up, not sure you really capitalized on it and backed it up with enough. Not sure what I would like to see (Gerhart/LaMichael James/something with some potential pop). You had some opportunities to add something else but went a different direction. Not a big fan after the top guy so that must mean the rest of your team is stacked. Let’s look.3.01 jeter23 - AJ Green - WR10 - CIN 5.01 jeter23 - Jeremy Maclin - WR25 - PHI 8.16 jeter23 - Titus Young - WR46 - DET 14.16 jeter23 - Kendall Wright - WR66 - ROOK16.16 jeter23 - Rueben Randle - WR74 - ROOK23.01 jeter23 - Joseph Morgan - WR117 – NOSOnly 6 deep, two rooks, and a guy I never heard of (which means nothing). You could be in trouble here with bye weeks not knowing where the two rooks land. Lots of people are just ready to hand the WR2 spot and some monster stats to Young this year. I’m not ready just yet. I expected this group to be stronger after looking at the RB’s but then I realized you spent 3 of your first 9 picks on QB. Green is solid and Maclin should be alright. Guess my biggest weakness in assessing teams is I don’t give a ton of credit to rookies and probably tend to minimize the fantasy impact that they may have on a team. So much depends on where they go and more importantly who the QB is and what type of offense they run. These guys end up in CLE or JAC or MIN or MIA or something who knows what happens. So while I don’t like this group, others that are more in touch with their talent and more optimistic about their immediate fantasy impact may love it. 2.16 jeter23 - Vernon Davis - TE6 - SFO 10.16 jeter23 - Martellus Bennett - TE24 - NYG 15.01 jeter23 - Lance Kendricks - TE31 - STL 22.16 jeter23 - Laderious Green - TE43 – ROOKI’m going to keep this short here and comment more at the bottom. With what I perceive as some areas that needed a little more attention (only 6 WR’s,etc) on your roster, I am surprised to see 4 here. 12.16 jeter23 - New Orleans Saints DST - DST23 - NOS 13.01 jeter23 - Tennessee Titans DST - DST24 - TEN 17.01 jeter23 - Nick Folk - PK26 - NYJ 18.16 jeter23 - Olindo Mare - PK32 - CAR 24.16 jeter23 - John Kasay - PK33 – NOSOverall: Not trying to sound like a d-bag here, and I know at least according to Bass you are the man ;) , but I’m not sure you brought you’re A game in this draft. Maybe it was a good idea sticking you in the one hole. I think your Locker pick could have been used somewhere else (lots of RB/WR still on the board) and most definitely your Kendricks pick with Davis and Bennett on board (Damien Williams/Josh Morgan/LaMichael James/Burress/Henderson/Royal/ I don’t know something). Kendricks and Green seemed a little over the top with needs elsewhere. While I think your team may be okay for a while and you can trot out a decent “starting” lineup, I think lack of impact depth could haunt you on some bye weeks. But just IMO. Good luck. :banned:
No offense at all. I agree with much of what you said, specifically regarding Locker. I regretted that pick pretty quickly. My plan was to give myself a big advantage at that spot over other teams. Not even sure I accomplished that despite spending 3 early picks there.Not exactly sure what you mean by "not bringing my A game" I hope that just means you didn't like my picks vs you did not think I cared about/paid attention to the draft. Oh well.It seems like I do well in these things when I hate my team. This time, I like the end product overall, so I will likely be an early exit.

"A game" was just cause Bass pimped you when he saw I gave you the 1 hole.....like we should be crowning you before we even started... and while I think you had an okay draft I ain't crownin your ### just yet..... :boxing:

Since Ref is kind enough to offer his input on other teams...someone should at least rip his apart. :P

1.05 Drew Brees QB2 NO (6)

9.05 Kevin Kolb QB28 AZ (10)

A bit surprised you went Brees over McCoy but you apparently had a plan and I really can't fault you too much, as the top QBs can pretty much advance you to next week by themselves. Brees scored 39 points or more half the games last year. That's insane. Kolb is a shaky QB2 but you'll probably only need him for a bye week. You're right, you really should have forced yourself to get Skelton, especially instead of Boss...really hate that pick.

6.12 BenJarvus Green-Ellis RB27 CIN (8)

7.05 Isaac Redman RB31 PIT (4)

10.12 Pierre Thomas RB43 NO (6)

13.05 Mike Goodson RB52 OAK (5)

14.12 Evan Royster RB53 WAS (10)

17.05 Cedric Benson RB62 FA (?)

At first glance, this is ugly but it's not as bad considering the rest of your team and the fact you didn't go RB until the 6th. I know BJGE is a starter but I cant' help thinking RB27 is way to high for him (someone's got to convince me his ceiling isn't 900-5). Love Redman this year. Thomas and Goodson will score this year. Some upside with Royster and you wont' have to pick a week to start him. Benson may catch on somewhere though I tend to lean he's done. YOu're right that these guys will contribute a little each week but how much? You'll need more than a "little", but if they do, you're in good shape.

3.05 Brandon Marshall WR11 CHI (6)

4.12 Steve Johnson WR23 BUF (8)

5.05 DeSean Jackson WR26 PHI (7)

8.12 Darrius Heyward-Bey WR43 OAK (5)

16.12 Plaxico Burress WR71 FA (?)

21.05 Kevin Walter WR105 HOU (8)

22.12 Chaz Schilens WR114 NYJ (9)

24.12 Ramses Barden WR NYG (11)

Best top 4 in the league. Would have liked to see another WR here instead of 4 TEs. Burress only has value in the red zone so you'll need him to go to a team that will give him RZ opportunities. Walter is a fine pick at WR105. Hate Schilens...has some talent but just won't ever be. Barden can be a big upside pick if he wins WR3 position. Good work here.

2.12 Aaron Hernandez TE4 NE (9)

19.05 Kevin Boss TE37 KC (7)

20.12 Ben Watson TE 39 CLE (10)

23.05 Visanthe Shiancoe TE44 (?)

I'll say it again. I hate the Boss pick. I actually think Watson and Shiancoe (he should sign somewhere) can get you better points. Really week on TE2 but can be expected loading up on WRs early and then playing RB catchup...something had to give.

15.05 Garrett Hartley PK12 NOS (6)

18.12 Adam Vinierti PK31 IND (4)

Lucky. Not sure how Vinatieri slid to you.

11.05 Green Bay DST8 (10)

12.12 Kansas City DST22 (7)

Got 2 which is more than some of us can say. :hot:

Good job overall. RB will determine how far you will go. I think you played it a little safe picking RBs that will contribute a little each week and you'll most likely come up short one week. I think you should have swung for the fences with at least 1-2 rookies. Play to win and hope to hit big on one of them. And did I mention I hate the Boss pick?

'Stinkin Ref said:
Do you think the words “Peyton Manning” and “Steal of the Draft” have ever been used in the same sentence? Me neither.
did you miss where he went in the WSLs?

"A game" was just cause Bass pimped you when he saw I gave you the 1 hole.....like we should be crowning you before we even started... and while I think you had an okay draft I ain't crownin your ### just yet..... :boxing:
Gotcha, while that was very kind of Bass, I'm not sure it was warranted. I have had some success in these leagues, but I also play in every one of them (sometimes 2 per if a fill in is needed) so the quantity helps.

BassNBrew:

3.14 BassNBrew - Tony Romo - QB8 – DAL

8.03 BassNBrew - Andrew Luck - QB24 – ROOK

You knew 3 QB’s were going to go at the turn so you had first crack. Luck is going to play all year so you are pretty safe with that. We always hear “most NFL ready” and what not thrown around, but after having watched Luck I can see why that was said about him. I don’t think the game will be too big or too fast for him and I see him playing well from the start. Watched some of pre-draft stuff and he can make all the throws. His 70+ yard pass during his workout was pretty impressive and looked like he didn’t even try. I thought the hype might be a little over the top but he is the real deal. When I saw that Wayne resigned with INDY I only thought more good things. I got a feeling DAL throws the ball more this year, a lot more, they have the weapons so why not. I expect them to add something else somehow in the passing game as well before the season starts. Decent. Snagging Orton late might have been a good call just in case.

2.03 BassNBrew - Matt Forte - RB7 - CHI

5.14 BassNBrew - Jonathan Stewart - RB22 - CAR

9.14 BassNBrew - David Wilson - RB39 – ROOK

16.03 BassNBrew - Danny Woodhead - RB57 – NEP

19.14 BassNBrew - Dexter McCluster - RB70 – KCC

22.03 BassNBrew - Ronnie Hillman - RB82 – ROOK

Hmmm…lot of questions here. The Forte situation is a little concerning, it just seems like some real hard feelings are there and some lines are being drawn in the sand. Even if everything gets worked out, so to speak, just don’t like the mojo/vibe that it has created. Forte can be a beast, but the Bush signing is also a little concerning. I can’t really remember the last time I had D-willy or J-stew on any of my teams, just always seemed to be something I stayed away from. I think you are a CAR fan so you probably have a pretty good feel for what is going on there, but with Cam stealing some goaline love and now Tolbert is around, I love the backfield they have in CAR, just not sure I love any fantasy part of that backfield outside of Newton. Have no idea how things will get divvied up there. Will have to see where Wilson ends up but that could be a solid pick. Woodhead will do his normal thing and you got to think Hillis affects McCluster a little. Hillman was someone I was eyeballin as he could be a sneaky pick. Some people love him. Don’t know Bass, talked a lot about the negatives, but if things get warm and fuzzy for Forte and Stew gets his you could be alright. Looked back and you would have had to have handcuffed Bush pretty quick, would have cost you Boldin, but maybe that would have been the play. Although now that I think about it, Bush at 8.04 seems really early, you were probably thinking he might last a little longer than that.

1.14 BassNBrew - Larry Fitzgerald - WR3 - ARZ

4.03 BassNBrew - Vincent Jackson - WR18 – TBB

7.14 BassNBrew - Anquan Boldin - WR36 – BAL

13.14 BassNBrew - Emmanuel Sanders - WR61 - PIT

18.03 BassNBrew - Eddie Royal - WR82 – SDC

20.03 BassNBrew - David Gettis - WR94 – CAR

23.14 BassNBrew - Kevin Olgetree - WR120 - DAL

24.03 BassNBrew - Chad OchoCinco - WR123 – UFA

Like this group. Olgetree pisses me off cause I thought last year he had the opportunity to step up and then he doesn’t and Robinson comes in and goes nuts. Robinson should give some of his new contract to Olgetree. Pretty solid at the top here and I think Royal will see enough balls to score some for you. Rivers may actually use him the way they should. Gettis will battle LaFell and some think he will win. I probably like this group more than some others will but it’s because I like the Sanders, Royal, Gettis picks, along with your top 3. Fitz and VJ both have QB’s who struggled last year, but they should bounce back. And with Fitz it don’t really matter who it is. 85 will probably send you a postcard thanking you for not making him go undrafted. I might have gone a different direction there (Stokley, Big Mike Williams, Ben Obomanu, Anthony Gonzalez, rookie, something with a little more upside…or Orton)

6.03 BassNBrew - Dustin Keller - TE12 – NYJ

12.03 BassNBrew - Coby Fleener - TE26 - ROOK

17.14 BassNBrew - Joel Dreesen - TE32 – DEN

21.14 BassNBrew - Chris Cooley - TE40 – WAS

Talk in DEN is that Fleener could get a look at the 25th pick. That could really throw a monkey wrench in some of the TE stuff going on around here. Not real crazy about this group unless Fleener is the real deal. You’ll be able to post a score, but I still think either your Cooley, Ogletree, or 85 pick should have been Orton. Probably Cooley cause one of the others would have dropped you down to only 7 WR’s, I don’t know. I took 4 TE’s too cause I wasn’t real solid at TE2, but you could have been okay with one less here somewhere and added Orton. Is Cooley gonna play somewhere. Keller…Meh. Overall here…Meh. You might have been fine with just riding Keller and Fleener. F- I don’t know.

10.03 BassNBrew - Detroit Lions DST - DST3 - DET

11.14 BassNBrew - New York Jets DST - DST13 – NYJ

14.03 BassNBrew - Nate Kaeding - PK5 - SDC

15.14 BassNBrew - Billy Cundiff - PK19 - BAL

Very solid with these 4. Well above average.

Overall: Guess I got to trust you on the J-Stew pick. Can’t argue with your first 4. If one or both of your rook RB’s have an impact I think it strengthens this team tremendously and could be one to reckon with. But right now I‘m ok with QB, not feeling the RB, love WR, meh on TE and solid with the rest, just not sure what that adds up to. I do know this…-1TE+Orton-85+anotherWR would have looked a little better IMO after the fact. Good luck and thanks for helping organize these things….... :banned:

just for fun....my winning team from last year...oh my.....how the F did that happen...

1.11 - Aaron Rodgers, GB, QB2 (8)

6.06 - Tim Tebow, DEN, QB19 (6)

3.11 - Peyton Hillis, CLE, RB14 (5)

4.06- Jahvid Best, DET, RB16 (9)

9.11 - Danny Woodhead, NE, RB42 (7)

10.06 - Brandon Jacobs, NYG, RB44 (7)

18.06 - Jerome Harrison, PHI?, RB67 (7)

20.06 - LeRon McClain, BAL, RB79 (5)

24.06 - Derrick Ward, HOU, RB93 (11)

2.06- Hakeem Nicks, NYG, WR5 (7)

7.11 - Terrell Owens, CIN?, WR39 (?)

8.06 - Jordy Nelson, GB, WR44 (8)

11.11 - Jordan Shipley, CIN, WR62 (7)

17.11 - Jason Avant, PHI, WR81 (7)

19.11 - Brandon LaFell, CAR, WR100 (9)

21.11 - Josh Cribbs, CLE, WR109 (5)

22.06 - Damian Williams, TEN, WR112 (6)

23.11 - Kevin Ogletree, DAL, WR121 (5)

5.11 - Jimmy Graham, NO, TE10 (11)

15.11 - Jacob Tamme, IND, TE30 (11)

14.06 - Matt Bryant, ATL, PK4 (8)

16.06 - Matt Prater, DEN, PK19 (6)

12.06 - Detroit Lions, DST12 (9)

13.11 - Washington Redskins, DST25 (5)

uhhhhhh......obviously Rodgers and Graham carried this team...Tebow only counted twice and once was Rodgers bye....guess you don't need to have any RB's....jesus....hello Jordy Nelson....

almost embarassed to post this.....

just for fun part II....

after doing the :2cents: for every team in the league.....here was my predicted order of finish last year....

1. Norseman

2. Stinkin Ref

3. Jeff Pasquino

4. Sigmund Bloom

5. BassnBrew

6. Razrback77

7. Jeter23

8. Football Critic

9. Reaper

10. Kruppe

11. Andy Dufresne

12. Eakfootball

13. BSS

14. Orgazmo

15. Getinthemix

16. Steel Dillo

how they actually finished.....

1. Stinkin Ref

2. Norseman

3. Razrback77

4. Jeff Pasquino

5. BassNBrew

6. Kruppe

7. Andy Dufresne

8. Football Critic

9. Eakfootball

10. Steel Dillo

11. Getinthemix

12. BSS

13. Sigmund Bloom

14. Jeter23

15. Orgazmo

16. Reaper

Nailed the top 2

and 5 of top 6 (Bloom hosed me)

Dead Nuts on Bass and Football Critic

Missed by one spot on : Norseman, Stinkin Ref, Jeff P, BSS, Orgazmo

whiffed on Bloom, Jeter23, Reaper, Steel Dillo

rest were within shouting distance.... :unsure:

just for fun part II....after doing the :2cents: for every team in the league.....here was my predicted order of finish last year....1. Norseman2. Stinkin Ref3. Jeff Pasquino4. Sigmund Bloom5. BassnBrew6. Razrback777. Jeter238. Football Critic9. Reaper10. Kruppe11. Andy Dufresne12. Eakfootball13. BSS14. Orgazmo15. Getinthemix16. Steel Dillohow they actually finished.....1. Stinkin Ref 2. Norseman3. Razrback774. Jeff Pasquino5. BassNBrew6. Kruppe7. Andy Dufresne8. Football Critic9. Eakfootball10. Steel Dillo11. Getinthemix12. BSS13. Sigmund Bloom14. Jeter2315. Orgazmo16. ReaperNailed the top 2and 5 of top 6 (Bloom hosed me)Dead Nuts on Bass and Football CriticMissed by one spot on : Norseman, Stinkin Ref, Jeff P, BSS, Orgazmowhiffed on Bloom, Jeter23, Reaper, Steel Dillorest were within shouting distance.... :unsure:
That is outstanding. Predictions for best ball leagues are extremely difficult. Solid forecasting!

thanks Shadowfax...and I agree with most of that:

1. QB was the plan in round 1 no matter what-would have taken Skelton but not before I wanted too

2. BJGE should at least get most of the goaline love...shouldn't he..?...so I'm thinking more than 5 TD's

3. Can understand your Schilens hate....I feel exactly the same way...I don't like him at all....lucky it doesn't matter what we think....Jets saw something they liked enough to sign him so at WR114 and that he is penciled in as starter....what the heck...light might go on or some ####...

4. Boss pick sucked donkey balls but here is what was happening....I had a stud on board...waited forever...from what was left I felt I just needed a body that would play....KC signed Boss for some reason...probably some two TE sets...Watson had 3 concussions last year or I would have taken him there instead....John Carlson was an option because for some reason MIN signed him to a pretty LARGE contract considering they have Rudolph, so I wasn't sure what was going on there...almost passed on TE again and took D. Alexander...in retrospect I should have, cause you screwed me....and i could have got Boss much later if I really needed him.....so yeah that was a big mistake I made....as it continued, I just didn't love anything and the 2 PPR thing drew me to Watson/Shiancoe...but yeah if I did it all over again, probably a scenerio where I could have had Alexander and/or Skelton and one less of these guys....I F'd up...

5. Vinatieri slid only because Helltoupee really screwed the pooch...that was pretty huge for me cause I gambled a little.....

6. thanks for the feedback....good luck...

just for fun....my winning team from last year...oh my.....how the F did that happen...1.11 - Aaron Rodgers, GB, QB2 (8)6.06 - Tim Tebow, DEN, QB19 (6)3.11 - Peyton Hillis, CLE, RB14 (5)4.06- Jahvid Best, DET, RB16 (9)9.11 - Danny Woodhead, NE, RB42 (7)10.06 - Brandon Jacobs, NYG, RB44 (7)18.06 - Jerome Harrison, PHI?, RB67 (7)20.06 - LeRon McClain, BAL, RB79 (5)24.06 - Derrick Ward, HOU, RB93 (11)2.06- Hakeem Nicks, NYG, WR5 (7)7.11 - Terrell Owens, CIN?, WR39 (?)8.06 - Jordy Nelson, GB, WR44 (8)11.11 - Jordan Shipley, CIN, WR62 (7)17.11 - Jason Avant, PHI, WR81 (7)19.11 - Brandon LaFell, CAR, WR100 (9)21.11 - Josh Cribbs, CLE, WR109 (5)22.06 - Damian Williams, TEN, WR112 (6)23.11 - Kevin Ogletree, DAL, WR121 (5)5.11 - Jimmy Graham, NO, TE10 (11)15.11 - Jacob Tamme, IND, TE30 (11)14.06 - Matt Bryant, ATL, PK4 (8)16.06 - Matt Prater, DEN, PK19 (6)12.06 - Detroit Lions, DST12 (9)13.11 - Washington Redskins, DST25 (5)uhhhhhh......obviously Rodgers and Graham carried this team...Tebow only counted twice and once was Rodgers bye....guess you don't need to have any RB's....jesus....hello Jordy Nelson....almost embarassed to post this.....
4 studs trumped everything else. Nicks, Jordy, Graham and rodgers. The rest dont matter, most teams are lcuky to cobble together scores ar WR and RB each week.

:2cents: cause you did mine...

Shadowfax:

4.11 Matt Ryan, ATL QB11

I like it. Sneaky pick of Kafka that could pay off. I like the odds of you being able to ham and egg it with your top 2. They both can throw up those monster games on occasion. How can Ryan not be solid with those 2 WR’s? ATL will throw a bunch.

Love the top 2, probably the best in the league. Seems like everybody is in a hurry to anoint Ridley as the primary guy. I’ll believe it when I see it even though I’m not saying it won’t happen. If so you become very strong. LeShoure could pay off if you last that long. Are we still thinking Scott is going to produce at some point? I’m tired of waiting on that kid. Initial reaction was that you could use another body here, and maybe it still is since LeShoure will probably be out for a while and you should have already gotten the message with the BGJE signing that Scott is not the man again this year. But your top 2 are so sweet it might not matter.

Top to bottom possibly the second best unit in the league. ;) Not much else to say here. I think you will have no problems getting 3 solid scores here. You didn’t list your bye weeks in this post so not sure if that is a problem at all. I love this group. Even a guy like Avery could see a resurgence in IND. While nothing just really jumps off the page with this group, IMO, this is a perfect example of how to compile a WR roster that will help you advance each week in this type of format. You killed it here especially late. Nicely done.

Cook is like the Bernard Scott of TE’s. Tease. Personally I like him even though he has burnt me in the past. Might have just been cause of his size, freakish athletic look, and that one time I think he hurdled some dude or something. Things like that stick with me and I admittedly fall too often for guys that pass the eye ball test. It worked in the past when I pounced on Jimmy Graham in every possible league, but to me last year should have been the year “we have been waiting for” with Cook, but it just wasn’t. He did play well at the end. If he doesn’t have a break out type year this year, he will be dead to me. Why did MIN sign Carlson to such a huge contract? Shockey may not find a job.

11.06 Chicago, DST9

Rackers going to WAS doesn’t kill you. One DST might.

Overall: If I were to rank the teams, this would be one of the top units. Having another DST to post a score each week would have made this team very tough. What happens behind your top two RB’s could come into play if Ridley becomes just another piece in the NE puzzle and Scott does whatever it is that he does. Cook could make or break you cause I’m not sure what Rudolph is going to do. I’m not going to tell you the real amount of times you sniped me cause I’ve pimped this team enough, but let’s just say if I have anything to do with it, you will not be drafting right next to me ever again. Good luck.... :banned:

Rackers to Washington might hurt. Washington brought in Shayne Graham last year to compete with Gano and Gano still won. Someone in our league is going to get burned though so all is good.

UPDATE with bye weeks and after First Round of the Draft

QB 1– Tom Brady NEP 1.9 (9)

QB2 – Chad Henne JAX 19.9 (6)

Jaguars landing Blackmon could help the QB and Mike Thomas both

RB1 – Darren McFadden OAK 2.8 (5)

RB2 – Doug Martin Rookie 8.8 (5)

RB3 – Rashard Mendenhall PIT 11.9 (4)

RB4 – Ryan Williams ARZ 15.9 (10)

RB5 – Joseph Addai FA 21.9

RB6 – Bernard Pierce Rookie 23.9

Really like Tampa Bay as the landing spot for Martin, but that also placed my top two RBs on a week 5 bye and it is likely that Mendenhall will not yet be playing. Tough RB week for me

WR1 – Jordy Nelson GBP 3.9 (10) 68 catches 1263 yds 15 TDs

WR2 – Steve Smith CAR 4.8 (6) 79 catches 1394 yds 7 TDs

WR3 – Santonio Holmes NYJ 5.9 (9) 51 catches 654 yds 8 TDs

WR4 – Austin Collie IND 9.9 (4) 54 catches 514 yds 1 TD

WR5 – Leonard Hankerson WSH (10) 17.9

WR6 – Early Doucet ARZ 18.8 (10) 54 catches 689 yds 5 TDs

WR7 – Greg Salas STL 20.8 (9) 27 catches 264 yds 0 TDs (six games)

WR8 – Greg Childs Rookie 24.8

A hit to Doucet with the first round selection of Michael Floyd by the Cardinals and three of my guys on bye in week 10 will make that week a tough one

TE1 – Owen Daniels HOU 6.8 (8)

TE2 – Kellen Winslow TB 7.9 (5)

TE3 – Orson Charles Rookie 22.8

PK1 – Shaun Suisham PIT 14.8 (4)

PK2 – Jay Feely ARZ 16.8 (10)

DST1 – New York Giants 10.8 (11)

DST2 – Seattle Seahawks 12.8 (11)

DST3 – Cleveland Browns 13.9 (10)

two of three defenses off on week 11. Sheesh with the bye week blues

UPDATE with bye weeks and after First Round of the Draft

QB 1– Tom Brady NEP 1.9 (9)

QB2 – Chad Henne JAX 19.9 (6)

Tom Terrific and tripe. If Chad Henne gets starting time he could put up decent QB2 numbers, but I'm not sure he even has the tools to match his better days in Miami. The Jags could easily be the worst passing offense in football this year. Still it's hard to complain for a 19th rounder.

RB1 – Darren McFadden OAK 2.8 (5)

RB2 – Doug Martin Rookie 8.8 (5)

RB3 – Rashard Mendenhall PIT 11.9 (4)

RB4 – Ryan Williams ARZ 15.9 (10)

RB5 – Joseph Addai FA 21.9

RB6 – Bernard Pierce Rookie 23.9

I like the McFadden / Martin combo, but the byes really hurt you there. The depth here also seems seriously lacking considering you have McFadden, Mendenhall, Williams (all hurt) two rooks and a downtrodden FA. It seems like you gambled big that not just one of your main RB's would be healthy, but multiple over the course of the season. If they come back in playing condition and Martin makes an immediate impact then you have a great value corps.

WR1 – Jordy Nelson GBP 3.9 (10) 68 catches 1263 yds 15 TDs

WR2 – Steve Smith CAR 4.8 (6) 79 catches 1394 yds 7 TDs

WR3 – Santonio Holmes NYJ 5.9 (9) 51 catches 654 yds 8 TDs

WR4 – Austin Collie IND 9.9 (4) 54 catches 514 yds 1 TD

WR5 – Leonard Hankerson WSH (10) 17.9

WR6 – Early Doucet ARZ 18.8 (10) 54 catches 689 yds 5 TDs

WR7 – Greg Salas STL 20.8 (9) 27 catches 264 yds 0 TDs (six games)

WR8 – Greg Childs Rookie 24.8

Lots of solid starting WR's and I expect Collie to rebound from a horrendous year. Early Doucet was a nice pick-up that late if he gets a similar role as last year.

TE1 – Owen Daniels HOU 6.8 (8)

TE2 – Kellen Winslow TB 7.9 (5)

TE3 – Orson Charles Rookie 22.8

blah blah, good value, surprised Owen Daniels went in the 6th. Orson Charles seems like a wasted pick, can't imagine he sees all that much playing time and I'd much rather take fliers on RB back-ups/rooks this late than a TE when you already have two top 15 (10 when fully healthy) ones.

PK1 – Shaun Suisham PIT 14.8 (4)

PK2 – Jay Feely ARZ 16.8 (10)

kickers. woo.

DST1 – New York Giants 10.8 (11)

DST2 – Seattle Seahawks 12.8 (11)

DST3 – Cleveland Browns 13.9 (10)

Once again, poop on bye weeks, triple D means you'll almost always get a usable score here which is nice.

Lack of depth at QB and RB scare me a bit, especially running backs all coming back from injuries and a rookie as the tenative RB2/3 on the team. If you can survive Tom Brady's bye week all will be well with the world.

Shadowfax:

4.11 Matt Ryan, ATL QB11

One of the best 1-2 punches in the draft with Ryan being very consistent (a whopping 3 games of less than 20 points, only Brees, Brady, Rodgers, Stafford had more 20+ efforts) offsets Fitzpatrick's streaks nicely. Kafka was a good gamble, he has a very real chance of seeing the field and putting up numbers if he has the chance.

The best three-man corps in the league. Also the only one. :banned: Seriously, LeShoure and Scott have good odds on being cut* before we ever get to the season. S-Jax was a great grab in round 4 and this will probably be his last year as a full workload back. Pead will cut into his time a bit, but that's probably for the best as you would hate to see him get hurt.

*Or jail-time for LeShoure.

I feel like you got hosed by one pick as DeSean Jackson went right before you got Lloyd. Still the way Brady spreads the ball around Lloyd should get plenty of work as a compliment to Welker. After that you just went full-out splatter work as you have 10 WR's.

Guys I like: James Jones, LaFell, Shipley, Alexander

All are in a position to fall into that 125-140 point range which is fine as a WR3. Plus you can ignore any inconsistency and just get paid off every fourth or fifth game when they put up 15-25 in a week.

Guys I'd rather have another D / K over: Jacoby, Avant, Avery

This and only having one defense are the only major flaws and I'm glad you have them because the rest of your team is pretty built. On their best days you have two very inconsistent TE's on teams that have shaky QB situations. Rudolph will also be sharing TE-sets with Carlson, though Rudolph should still get more looks. If Shockey latches on somewhere that's great for a 24th rounder. :football:

11.06 Chicago, DST9

One D hurts so much, it's like hemorrhaging free points every week. Especially when I see a 10th WR and pot-head RB on the team.

Still one of the best teams I've seen and with a few things breaking your way I would have had to say the overall best. Thankfully for the rest of us there are some flaws to pick at.

:2cents: BassNBrew:3.14 BassNBrew - Tony Romo - QB8 – DAL8.03 BassNBrew - Andrew Luck - QB24 – ROOKYou knew 3 QB’s were going to go at the turn so you had first crack. Luck is going to play all year so you are pretty safe with that. We always hear “most NFL ready” and what not thrown around, but after having watched Luck I can see why that was said about him. I don’t think the game will be too big or too fast for him and I see him playing well from the start. Watched some of pre-draft stuff and he can make all the throws. His 70+ yard pass during his workout was pretty impressive and looked like he didn’t even try. I thought the hype might be a little over the top but he is the real deal. When I saw that Wayne resigned with INDY I only thought more good things. I got a feeling DAL throws the ball more this year, a lot more, they have the weapons so why not. I expect them to add something else somehow in the passing game as well before the season starts. Decent. Snagging Orton late might have been a good call just in case.2.03 BassNBrew - Matt Forte - RB7 - CHI5.14 BassNBrew - Jonathan Stewart - RB22 - CAR 9.14 BassNBrew - David Wilson - RB39 – ROOK16.03 BassNBrew - Danny Woodhead - RB57 – NEP19.14 BassNBrew - Dexter McCluster - RB70 – KCC22.03 BassNBrew - Ronnie Hillman - RB82 – ROOKHmmm…lot of questions here. The Forte situation is a little concerning, it just seems like some real hard feelings are there and some lines are being drawn in the sand. Even if everything gets worked out, so to speak, just don’t like the mojo/vibe that it has created. Forte can be a beast, but the Bush signing is also a little concerning. I can’t really remember the last time I had D-willy or J-stew on any of my teams, just always seemed to be something I stayed away from. I think you are a CAR fan so you probably have a pretty good feel for what is going on there, but with Cam stealing some goaline love and now Tolbert is around, I love the backfield they have in CAR, just not sure I love any fantasy part of that backfield outside of Newton. Have no idea how things will get divvied up there. Will have to see where Wilson ends up but that could be a solid pick. Woodhead will do his normal thing and you got to think Hillis affects McCluster a little. Hillman was someone I was eyeballin as he could be a sneaky pick. Some people love him. Don’t know Bass, talked a lot about the negatives, but if things get warm and fuzzy for Forte and Stew gets his you could be alright. Looked back and you would have had to have handcuffed Bush pretty quick, would have cost you Boldin, but maybe that would have been the play. Although now that I think about it, Bush at 8.04 seems really early, you were probably thinking he might last a little longer than that. 1.14 BassNBrew - Larry Fitzgerald - WR3 - ARZ 4.03 BassNBrew - Vincent Jackson - WR18 – TBB7.14 BassNBrew - Anquan Boldin - WR36 – BAL13.14 BassNBrew - Emmanuel Sanders - WR61 - PIT 18.03 BassNBrew - Eddie Royal - WR82 – SDC20.03 BassNBrew - David Gettis - WR94 – CAR23.14 BassNBrew - Kevin Olgetree - WR120 - DAL 24.03 BassNBrew - Chad OchoCinco - WR123 – UFALike this group. Olgetree pisses me off cause I thought last year he had the opportunity to step up and then he doesn’t and Robinson comes in and goes nuts. Robinson should give some of his new contract to Olgetree. Pretty solid at the top here and I think Royal will see enough balls to score some for you. Rivers may actually use him the way they should. Gettis will battle LaFell and some think he will win. I probably like this group more than some others will but it’s because I like the Sanders, Royal, Gettis picks, along with your top 3. Fitz and VJ both have QB’s who struggled last year, but they should bounce back. And with Fitz it don’t really matter who it is. 85 will probably send you a postcard thanking you for not making him go undrafted. I might have gone a different direction there (Stokley, Big Mike Williams, Ben Obomanu, Anthony Gonzalez, rookie, something with a little more upside…or Orton)6.03 BassNBrew - Dustin Keller - TE12 – NYJ12.03 BassNBrew - Coby Fleener - TE26 - ROOK 17.14 BassNBrew - Joel Dreesen - TE32 – DEN21.14 BassNBrew - Chris Cooley - TE40 – WASTalk in DEN is that Fleener could get a look at the 25th pick. That could really throw a monkey wrench in some of the TE stuff going on around here. Not real crazy about this group unless Fleener is the real deal. You’ll be able to post a score, but I still think either your Cooley, Ogletree, or 85 pick should have been Orton. Probably Cooley cause one of the others would have dropped you down to only 7 WR’s, I don’t know. I took 4 TE’s too cause I wasn’t real solid at TE2, but you could have been okay with one less here somewhere and added Orton. Is Cooley gonna play somewhere. Keller…Meh. Overall here…Meh. You might have been fine with just riding Keller and Fleener. F- I don’t know. 10.03 BassNBrew - Detroit Lions DST - DST3 - DET 11.14 BassNBrew - New York Jets DST - DST13 – NYJ14.03 BassNBrew - Nate Kaeding - PK5 - SDC 15.14 BassNBrew - Billy Cundiff - PK19 - BAL Very solid with these 4. Well above average.Overall: Guess I got to trust you on the J-Stew pick. Can’t argue with your first 4. If one or both of your rook RB’s have an impact I think it strengthens this team tremendously and could be one to reckon with. But right now I‘m ok with QB, not feeling the RB, love WR, meh on TE and solid with the rest, just not sure what that adds up to. I do know this…-1TE+Orton-85+anotherWR would have looked a little better IMO after the fact. Good luck and thanks for helping organize these things….... :banned:
How are you liking RB now? Wilson in NY, Hillman going earlier than expected in Denver. I now have 4 to play the week Forte/Stewart are off. NE didn't take antoher RB so Woodhead's value is up a hair.The draft was also kind to me with Fleener paired with Luck in in Indy. I'll get decent production from that pick now.I thought 85 restructured and is staying in NE. I thought that was a good sign that the Pats felt he had some value. I made that pick because he has more talent than the other guys left on the board. May not pan out, but was hoping for an A. Bryant type of resurgence from a few years ago_Overall it looks like several of your concerns were helped out over the last few days.

BnB:

I guess there are worse spots Wilson could have landed. I just completed kind of a big write up on taking rookie RB's in these things that I haven't posted yet. Was going to start it as its own thread but not sure I will. I have only been doing these Survivor Leagues for a while now as I didn't even really venture into the Mock Draft forum much and didn't know this was the kind of stuff that happened in here. I don't do a ton of research (pre draft) on rookies so it is really hard for me to estimate their impact. And even if you do research, outside of the stud (Richardson) so much really depends on where they end up, type of offense, and caliber/skill set of the player(s) that are ahead of them. I tend to stay away from rooks and the "late flyer that could really pay off" mentality, let alone taking a guy like Wilson in the 9th. At the point of these drafts where it is time to take that late flyer, I usually try to focus on somewhat known commodities that can add depth; instead of the last year's Daniel Thomas's of the world. (#### Polk didn't even get drafted, who knew he had some degenerative thing in both shoulders going on, I didn't) And with the landscape of the NFL the way it is right now, not sure I'm investing something like a 9th round pick on a rookie RB before I even know where they will end up (besides a guy like Richardson). That changes for me slightly now in the SSL's. I just don't think, overall, rookie RB's make a huge impact anymore. Most of them end up in a situation similar to Wilson and Martin, on board and hoping to contribute, but have a Bradshaw or Blount around as well. Last year 15 rook RB's were taken in PDSL BSS and after looking at the numbers, only 2 (Helu Murray) of those MAY have actually contributed (10+)in a way that helped their owner advance another week. There were a few others that eclipsed the 10 point mark, but I am really talking about a guy who you could count on throughout the year to post you a solid score more often than not. Helu and Murray weren't even really THAT great for their owners if you think about it. They had a nice stretch of a few games and thats about it. Now some of that may be because guys like LeShoure and Williams were lost for the year, but still, last year's rookie RB's had very little impact on these type of leagues. From round 17 on in BSS last year, you could have had (DHB, Burress, Caldwell, Decker, Hartline, T. Smith, Fred Davis, Damien Williams, Little, Laurent Robinson, Doucet, Antonio Brown, etc). Some of those are rooks, some not, but would have been better picks at a diffennt position than rook RB.

You have to look at these Survivor Leagues a little different than a normal redraft or dynasty or whatever. The fact is, more often than not, that late rookie RB flyer or swing for the fence rook RB, does not pan out and help you in these leagues. And even the higher picks (Ingram, etc) haven't been helping much either. The days of the ADP, MJD, Chris Johnson, Clinton Portis rookie type stuff (sustained production all year from day one that help you advance week to week in THIS format) are going away. Murray helped Razor a little last year, but Andy Dufrense missed out on most of Helu's production because he was eliminated before Helu got his chance and posted numbers that might count.

Trying to figure out who that rook is that will give you sustained production from day one is really tough. Not that a late flyer on Early Doucet is going to win you any more games necessarily, but the success rate of the rookie RB helping you advance just isn’t really there.

Sorry none of that made much sense probably and could probably even be disputed by someone that really dives into the facts and stats for all I know. But I would just rather have the known backups at RB instead of a rook. Guys need to pass protect too and I’m not always sure how well the rooks adapt. That’s why while I like Hillman’s game, I’m not sure what his pass protection is like and we know McGahee, Moreno, Ball, Fanin, etc will be around. So while it may make you feel good that the Broncos took Hillman and maybe your late rook RB flyer may have a chance, I just think it will be tough and what impact he has will have very little impact on whether you advance in this league or not. (personally I think Addai ends up in DEN sooner than later, FWIW).

So in summary, I still hate your RB’s, love how Fleener ended up for you, one of your other TE’s should have been a WR, and 85 should have been Orton. :P

Commuteman:

1.11 CommuterMan - Cam Newton - QB4 - CAR (6)

10.06 CommuterMan - Tim Tebow - QB31 - NYJ (9)

13.11 CommuterMan - Matt Moore - QB32 - MIA (7)

19.11 CommuterMan - Matt Hasselback - QB38 - TEN (11)

Cam and fillers... Good to see that Cam has an early bye week so if I make it past week 6 then I don't have to be concerned with who else will get me points at QB. In hindsight I probably should have grabbed Tannehill after taking Moore and wasting a selection on Hasselbeck.

2.06 CommuterMan - Adrian Peterson - RB8 - MIN (11)

6.06 CommuterMan - Shonne Greene - RB26 - NYJ (9)

7.11 CommuterMan - Jahvid Best - RB33 - DET (5)

16.06 CommuterMan - Delone Carter - RB58 - IND (4)

24.06 CommuterMan - Leon Washington - RB92 - SEA (11)

Neither NYJ or Detroit moved to draft a RB last week so I hope that means good things for Greene and Best. Both have an opportunity to out-perform their ADP and hopefully that becomes the case for both.

3.11 CommuterMan - Julio Jones - WR14 - ATL (7)

4.06 CommuterMan - Dez Bryant - WR20 - DAL (5)

5.11 CommuterMan - Sydney Rice - WR30 - SEA (11)

8.06 CommuterMan - Mike Williams - WR41 - TBB (5)

17.11 CommuterMan - Devery Hendersom - WR79 - NOS (6)

21.11 CommuterMan - Devin Hester - WR108 - CHI (6)

23.11 CommuterMan - Juron Criner - WR119 - ROOK (OAK) (5)

I think that all these WRs have a chance to be solid contributers over the season and should provide a source of scoring each week with no superstar but enough to keep me competitive.

9.11 CommuterMan - Ed Dickson - TE21 - BAL (8)

18.06 CommuterMan - Todd Heap - TE35 - ARZ (10)

22.06 CommuterMan - Delanie Walker - TE43 - SFO (9)

20.06 CommuterMan - John Carlson - TE38 - MIN (11)

Waited long on a TE and it shows. Not sure how much Heap has left in his tank but he could benefit from defenses trying to stop the combo of Fitz and Floyd enough to re-awaken his careet. I like Walker and think that he could benefit from any two TE sets that the 49ers run next season.

11.11 CommuterMan - Dallas Cowboys DST - DST12 - DAL (5)

12.06 CommuterMan - Cincinatti Bengals DST - DST18 - CIN (8)

14.06 CommuterMan - Matt Prater - PK7 - DEN (7)

15.11 CommuterMan - Robbie Gould - PK15 - CHI (6)

No bye week issues for either my defenses or kickers so that is always a plus coming out of these early drafts!!

Over-all I may last a few weeks but I doubt I have enough to compete for the championship. Always fun to draft with you guys and best of luck to all!! If anyone wants to give me feedback on my roster I would be interested in hearing what other think.

Commuteman:1.11 CommuterMan - Cam Newton - QB4 - CAR (6) :thumbdown: 10.06 CommuterMan - Tim Tebow - QB31 - NYJ (9) :thumbup: 13.11 CommuterMan - Matt Moore - QB32 - MIA (7) :thumbup: 19.11 CommuterMan - Matt Hasselback - QB38 - TEN (11) Cam and fillers... Good to see that Cam has an early bye week so if I make it past week 6 then I don't have to be concerned with who else will get me points at QB. In hindsight I probably should have grabbed Tannehill after taking Moore and wasting a selection on Hasselbeck.2.06 CommuterMan - Adrian Peterson - RB8 - MIN (11) :thumbdown: 6.06 CommuterMan - Shonne Greene - RB26 - NYJ (9) :thumbup: 7.11 CommuterMan - Jahvid Best - RB33 - DET (5) :confused: 16.06 CommuterMan - Delone Carter - RB58 - IND (4) :thumbup: 24.06 CommuterMan - Leon Washington - RB92 - SEA (11) Neither NYJ or Detroit moved to draft a RB last week so I hope that means good things for Greene and Best. Both have an opportunity to out-perform their ADP and hopefully that becomes the case for both. 3.11 CommuterMan - Julio Jones - WR14 - ATL (7) :thumbup: 4.06 CommuterMan - Dez Bryant - WR20 - DAL (5) :thumbup: 5.11 CommuterMan - Sydney Rice - WR30 - SEA (11) :thumbdown: 8.06 CommuterMan - Mike Williams - WR41 - TBB (5) :thumbup: 17.11 CommuterMan - Devery Hendersom - WR79 - NOS (6) :thumbup: 21.11 CommuterMan - Devin Hester - WR108 - CHI (6) thumbup 23.11 CommuterMan - Juron Criner - WR119 - ROOK (OAK) (5) I think that all these WRs have a chance to be solid contributers over the season and should provide a source of scoring each week with no superstar but enough to keep me competitive.9.11 CommuterMan - Ed Dickson - TE21 - BAL (8) thumbup 18.06 CommuterMan - Todd Heap - TE35 - ARZ (10) 22.06 CommuterMan - Delanie Walker - TE43 - SFO (9) 20.06 CommuterMan - John Carlson - TE38 - MIN (11) thumbup Waited long on a TE and it shows. Not sure how much Heap has left in his tank but he could benefit from defenses trying to stop the combo of Fitz and Floyd enough to re-awaken his careet. I like Walker and think that he could benefit from any two TE sets that the 49ers run next season.11.11 CommuterMan - Dallas Cowboys DST - DST12 - DAL (5)12.06 CommuterMan - Cincinatti Bengals DST - DST18 - CIN (8)14.06 CommuterMan - Matt Prater - PK7 - DEN (7)15.11 CommuterMan - Robbie Gould - PK15 - CHI (6)No bye week issues for either my defenses or kickers so that is always a plus coming out of these early drafts!!Over-all I may last a few weeks but I doubt I have enough to compete for the championship. Always fun to draft with you guys and best of luck to all!! If anyone wants to give me feedback on my roster I would be interested in hearing what other think.
Set at QB, maybe one pick too many. Don't like your RB risk. I don't see how you can risk Best with ADP in tow. Carter was huge value. Love the value you got a WR across the board. I think you'll be OK at TE.When I look at this team as a whole, I don't like it. When I look at the indididual picks, I either really like them or hate them. I think you did your better work later int he draft. Will come down to ADP and Best performing at or above their draft position.

post draft

Floyd signing should be a slight bump to Kolb.

Gotta think BJGE and Redman get a bump with neither team drafting an impact RB. CIN used last pick (6th round) on one, and PIT took Rainey in the 5th who is a change of pace back. Each team could still bring someone else in but I like the message I'm seeing right now. Small bump to Thomas, Goodson, and Royster as well as only the Redskins added a RB late. This unit should get an additional bump, possibly significant, when Benson signs. C'mon Packers, hook a brotha up! Some pretty good additions to the offensive lines involved here too, hello PIT, that should help as well. Overall, couldn't have gone much better here.

This unit took a little bit of a beating. I would have preferred to have Cutler just force feed Marshall so I look at the Jeffrey signing as negative while some might say it draws attention away or whatever. Not much damage in BUF, PHI, or OAK. HOU added a couple WR which could impact Walter and have to be concerned about Hill in NYJ and the affect on Schilens. A little bit of the shine was taken off those two picks, but it was somewhat anticipated. Randle to NYG probably makes Barden a wasted pick. What was a perceived strength of this team took a couple of punches to the nuts. Top guys might be leaned on a little more and a Burress landing spot starts looking a little more important.

Not much to see here although no other TE's drafted in CLE and upgrade at QB there.

First 6 picks by GB address the defense with some impact players.

Overall: Weakness at RB possibly becomes stronger and stregth at WR becomes weaker. Bump down.

Commuteman:1.11 CommuterMan - Cam Newton - QB4 - CAR (6) :thumbdown: 10.06 CommuterMan - Tim Tebow - QB31 - NYJ (9) :thumbup: 13.11 CommuterMan - Matt Moore - QB32 - MIA (7) :thumbup: 19.11 CommuterMan - Matt Hasselback - QB38 - TEN (11) Cam and fillers... Good to see that Cam has an early bye week so if I make it past week 6 then I don't have to be concerned with who else will get me points at QB. In hindsight I probably should have grabbed Tannehill after taking Moore and wasting a selection on Hasselbeck.2.06 CommuterMan - Adrian Peterson - RB8 - MIN (11) :thumbdown: 6.06 CommuterMan - Shonne Greene - RB26 - NYJ (9) :thumbup: 7.11 CommuterMan - Jahvid Best - RB33 - DET (5) :confused: 16.06 CommuterMan - Delone Carter - RB58 - IND (4) :thumbup: 24.06 CommuterMan - Leon Washington - RB92 - SEA (11) Neither NYJ or Detroit moved to draft a RB last week so I hope that means good things for Greene and Best. Both have an opportunity to out-perform their ADP and hopefully that becomes the case for both. 3.11 CommuterMan - Julio Jones - WR14 - ATL (7) :thumbup: 4.06 CommuterMan - Dez Bryant - WR20 - DAL (5) :thumbup: 5.11 CommuterMan - Sydney Rice - WR30 - SEA (11) :thumbdown: 8.06 CommuterMan - Mike Williams - WR41 - TBB (5) :thumbup: 17.11 CommuterMan - Devery Hendersom - WR79 - NOS (6) :thumbup: 21.11 CommuterMan - Devin Hester - WR108 - CHI (6) thumbup 23.11 CommuterMan - Juron Criner - WR119 - ROOK (OAK) (5) I think that all these WRs have a chance to be solid contributers over the season and should provide a source of scoring each week with no superstar but enough to keep me competitive.9.11 CommuterMan - Ed Dickson - TE21 - BAL (8) thumbup 18.06 CommuterMan - Todd Heap - TE35 - ARZ (10) 22.06 CommuterMan - Delanie Walker - TE43 - SFO (9) 20.06 CommuterMan - John Carlson - TE38 - MIN (11) thumbup Waited long on a TE and it shows. Not sure how much Heap has left in his tank but he could benefit from defenses trying to stop the combo of Fitz and Floyd enough to re-awaken his careet. I like Walker and think that he could benefit from any two TE sets that the 49ers run next season.11.11 CommuterMan - Dallas Cowboys DST - DST12 - DAL (5)12.06 CommuterMan - Cincinatti Bengals DST - DST18 - CIN (8)14.06 CommuterMan - Matt Prater - PK7 - DEN (7)15.11 CommuterMan - Robbie Gould - PK15 - CHI (6)No bye week issues for either my defenses or kickers so that is always a plus coming out of these early drafts!!Over-all I may last a few weeks but I doubt I have enough to compete for the championship. Always fun to draft with you guys and best of luck to all!! If anyone wants to give me feedback on my roster I would be interested in hearing what other think.
Set at QB, maybe one pick too many. Don't like your RB risk. I don't see how you can risk Best with ADP in tow. Carter was huge value. Love the value you got a WR across the board. I think you'll be OK at TE.When I look at this team as a whole, I don't like it. When I look at the indididual picks, I either really like them or hate them. I think you did your better work later int he draft. Will come down to ADP and Best performing at or above their draft position.
Thanks BNB! :thumbup: Not sure why you gave Cam a 'thumbs down' - where I drafted him or expected value? I really think that Cam builds on what he did last year and continues to be a top 5 QB.I think ADP will do fine this year and the fact that the Lions did not draft a RB gives me hope that Best will be a big part of their plans especially with Leshoure facing suspension. I like Carter as well especially in the 16th round to beat out a lackluster Donald Brown for carries in Indy.I did think that for letting WRs fall to me throughout the draft that my group is pretty well-rounded. Nothing to crow about but not the bottom of the league either. I hope you are right about being okay at TE. I missed the runs and I never seemed to be at a place to draft a TE without reaching IMHO and I usually try not to reach for players.

Thanks BNB! :thumbup: Not sure why you gave Cam a 'thumbs down' - where I drafted him or expected value? I really think that Cam builds on what he did last year and continues to be a top 5 QB.I think ADP will do fine this year and the fact that the Lions did not draft a RB gives me hope that Best will be a big part of their plans especially with Leshoure facing suspension. I like Carter as well especially in the 16th round to beat out a lackluster Donald Brown for carries in Indy.I did think that for letting WRs fall to me throughout the draft that my group is pretty well-rounded. Nothing to crow about but not the bottom of the league either. I hope you are right about being okay at TE. I missed the runs and I never seemed to be at a place to draft a TE without reaching IMHO and I usually try not to reach for players.
I think Romo or Rivers will hold their own with Cam this year. Once his TDs dry up to the 5-7 range his ff numbers won't look as good. I think the Panthers will run more this year and won't be playing from behind as much. They really have done nothing at WR and have lost Shockey. During the draft they invested in a lineman.

Shadowfax:

4.11 Matt Ryan, ATL QB11

One of the best 1-2 punches in the draft with Ryan being very consistent (a whopping 3 games of less than 20 points, only Brees, Brady, Rodgers, Stafford had more 20+ efforts) offsets Fitzpatrick's streaks nicely. Kafka was a good gamble, he has a very real chance of seeing the field and putting up numbers if he has the chance.

The best three-man corps in the league. Also the only one. :banned: Seriously, LeShoure and Scott have good odds on being cut* before we ever get to the season. S-Jax was a great grab in round 4 and this will probably be his last year as a full workload back. Pead will cut into his time a bit, but that's probably for the best as you would hate to see him get hurt.

Scott won't get cut and while I don't think Scott is anything special, nor do I think BJGE is either so I really think he gets more of an opportunity this year. Then again that's what I thought last year too. LeShoure was a gamble. I don't think he'll be cut not with only Best and Smith ahead of him. He'll definitely be out for the start of the year. But maybe there's a chance he starts getting some later the season when Best and Smith are both injured. I feel it was a better gamble than these RBs the next 3 rounds -- Snelling, Benson, McKnight, Taiwan, Jacobs, Pead, Ware, Hardesty and Fannin.

I feel like you got hosed by one pick as DeSean Jackson went right before you got Lloyd. Still the way Brady spreads the ball around Lloyd should get plenty of work as a compliment to Welker. After that you just went full-out splatter work as you have 10 WR's.

All are in a position to fall into that 125-140 point range which is fine as a WR3. Plus you can ignore any inconsistency and just get paid off every fourth or fifth game when they put up 15-25 in a week.

Don't have the most consistent WRs but that was really part of the plan with 24 rounds...load up on WRs. There weren't any DST left when I drafted Avant and Avery. I like Ford and think he's going to have some great games so I wanted him but at the cost of another DST?? Don't know about that but I wasn't planning on only having 1 DST.

This and only having one defense are the only major flaws and I'm glad you have them because the rest of your team is pretty built. On their best days you have two very inconsistent TE's on teams that have shaky QB situations. Rudolph will also be sharing TE-sets with Carlson, though Rudolph should still get more looks. If Shockey latches on somewhere that's great for a 24th rounder. :football:

Kept planning on taking a TE but it never materialized. TEs just went quicker and deeper than I thought they would. Hernandez was my target, as he went much later in the WSLs. When all the top TEs were then gone, I thought about Pettigrew in the 3rd but just seemed so early and hoped I could get him in the 4th and I just didn't want Finley...so frustrating last year. So then the plan was to grab 2 of Gresham, Daniels, Cook or Celek. Nope. So I just kept waiting and just waited too long on guys like Moore, Bennett and Fasano. Nope again. Oh well...got to hope Cook finally has THAT year.

11.06 Chicago, DST9

One D hurts so much, it's like hemorrhaging free points every week. Especially when I see a 10th WR and pot-head RB on the team.

Still one of the best teams I've seen and with a few things breaking your way I would have had to say the overall best. Thankfully for the rest of us there are some flaws to pick at.

I wasn't planning on only having 1 DST. :angry: And the pot-head RB was after the DSTs were gone and with no DST2, I had an extra pick and spent it on WR. Missing out on a second DST, I decided to grab a K2 early for 2 solid high scoring starters to try and mitigate no DST2. I thought I was solid at K but now Rackers is a question. I didn't know he was a FA. Even with a weak leg, Washington should do well to remember how bad Gano sucked and how many FGs he missed...right?

I gambled a DST would make it back to me and lost. Just kept looking at the remaining DSTs when I grabbed Akers...Oak, Cle, Car, Mia, StL and Ind...and felt Akers was a better VBD pick and it cost me. Some gambles pay off some don't. At least I should have a good scoring option in Chicago. I've advanced w/o a K for a while in past leagues and even a couple weeks w/o a QB so I'm hoping 1 DST isn't that much a negative if I can get scoring at all other positions.

Shadowfax:

4.11 Matt Ryan, ATL QB11

Scott won't get cut and while I don't think Scott is anything special, nor do I think BJGE is either so I really think he gets more of an opportunity this year. Then again that's what I thought last year too. LeShoure was a gamble. I don't think he'll be cut not with only Best and Smith ahead of him. He'll definitely be out for the start of the year. But maybe there's a chance he starts getting some later the season when Best and Smith are both injured. I feel it was a better gamble than these RBs the next 3 rounds -- Snelling, Benson, McKnight, Taiwan, Jacobs, Pead, Ware, Hardesty and Fannin.

Don't have the most consistent WRs but that was really part of the plan with 24 rounds...load up on WRs. There weren't any DST left when I drafted Avant and Avery. I like Ford and think he's going to have some great games so I wanted him but at the cost of another DST?? Don't know about that but I wasn't planning on only having 1 DST.

Kept planning on taking a TE but it never materialized. TEs just went quicker and deeper than I thought they would. Hernandez was my target, as he went much later in the WSLs. When all the top TEs were then gone, I thought about Pettigrew in the 3rd but just seemed so early and hoped I could get him in the 4th and I just didn't want Finley...so frustrating last year. So then the plan was to grab 2 of Gresham, Daniels, Cook or Celek. Nope. So I just kept waiting and just waited too long on guys like Moore, Bennett and Fasano. Nope again. Oh well...got to hope Cook finally has THAT year.

11.06 Chicago, DST9

I wasn't planning on only having 1 DST. :angry: And the pot-head RB was after the DSTs were gone and with no DST2, I had an extra pick and spent it on WR. Missing out on a second DST, I decided to grab a K2 early for 2 solid high scoring starters to try and mitigate no DST2. I thought I was solid at K but now Rackers is a question. I didn't know he was a FA. Even with a weak leg, Washington should do well to remember how bad Gano sucked and how many FGs he missed...right?

I gambled a DST would make it back to me and lost. Just kept looking at the remaining DSTs when I grabbed Akers...Oak, Cle, Car, Mia, StL and Ind...and felt Akers was a better VBD pick and it cost me. Some gambles pay off some don't. At least I should have a good scoring option in Chicago. I've advanced w/o a K for a while in past leagues and even a couple weeks w/o a QB so I'm hoping 1 DST isn't that much a negative if I can get scoring at all other positions.
Hernandez went at 3.7, 3.10, and 4.14 in the WSL's....4.14 is illegal in most states so that doesn't even count....I took him in the second here because 3 TE's were already off the board and I had a strong feeling he would not have survived the turn back to me at 3.05...(two more TE went before my next pick)..I was also targeting him and decided I wanted to take him then to make sure and then just deal with whatever made it back to me at another position....no way in hell he would have gotten past 3.05 as much as I have pimped him....and if you were aware of my pimpage in the WSL's 2.11 was your only chance at him...

1.14 BassNBrew - Larry Fitzgerald - WR3 - ARZ Still a stud.

2.03 BassNBrew - Matt Forte - RB7 - CHI Signed and happy

3.14 BassNBrew - Tony Romo - QB8 - DAL

4.03 BassNBrew - Vincent Jackson - WR18 - TBB

5.14 BassNBrew - Jonathan Stewart - RB22 - CAR

6.03 BassNBrew - Dustin Keller - TE12 - NYJ

7.14 BassNBrew - Anquan Boldin - WR36 - BAL

8.03 BassNBrew - Andrew Luck - QB24 - ROOK

9.14 BassNBrew - David Wilson - RB39 - ROOK Good landing spot, Jacobs gone

10.03 BassNBrew - Detroit Lions DST - DST3 - DET

11.14 BassNBrew - New York Jets DST - DST13 - NYJ

12.03 BassNBrew - Coby Fleener - TE26 - ROOK Homerun ending up with Luck. Having him and Luck both on my team gives some homerun potential weeks.

13.14 BassNBrew - Emmanuel Sanders - WR61 - PIT We don't need stinking Wallace

14.03 BassNBrew - Nate Kaeding - PK5 - SDC

15.14 BassNBrew - Billy Cundiff - PK19 - BAL

16.03 BassNBrew - Danny Woodhead - RB57 - NEP Bye, bye Law Firm

17.14 BassNBrew - Joel Dreesen - TE32 - DEN Great landing spot in Denver

18.03 BassNBrew - Eddie Royal - WR82 - SDC

19.14 BassNBrew - Dexter McCluster - RB70 - KCC

20.03 BassNBrew - David Gettis - WR94 - CAR

21.14 BassNBrew - Chris Cooley - TE40 - WAS

22.03 BassNBrew - Ronnie Hillman - RB82 - ROOK Getting rave reviews from Cecil :thumbup: So did Fannin last year :mellow:

23.14 BassNBrew - Kevin Olgetree - WR120 - DAL

24.03 BassNBrew - Chad OchoCinco - WR123 - UFA Please be the second coming of Antonio Bryant

post draft

Floyd signing should be a slight bump to Kolb.

Gotta think BJGE and Redman get a bump with neither team drafting an impact RB. CIN used last pick (6th round) on one, and PIT took Rainey in the 5th who is a change of pace back. Each team could still bring someone else in but I like the message I'm seeing right now. Small bump to Thomas, Goodson, and Royster as well as only the Redskins added a RB late. This unit should get an additional bump, possibly significant, when Benson signs. C'mon Packers, hook a brotha up! Some pretty good additions to the offensive lines involved here too, hello PIT, that should help as well. Overall, couldn't have gone much better here.

This unit took a little bit of a beating. I would have preferred to have Cutler just force feed Marshall so I look at the Jeffrey signing as negative while some might say it draws attention away or whatever. Not much damage in BUF, PHI, or OAK. HOU added a couple WR which could impact Walter and have to be concerned about Hill in NYJ and the affect on Schilens. A little bit of the shine was taken off those two picks, but it was somewhat anticipated. Randle to NYG probably makes Barden a wasted pick. What was a perceived strength of this team took a couple of punches to the nuts. Top guys might be leaned on a little more and a Burress landing spot starts looking a little more important.

Not much to see here although no other TE's drafted in CLE and upgrade at QB there.

First 6 picks by GB address the defense with some impact players.

Overall: Weakness at RB possibly becomes stronger and stregth at WR becomes weaker. Bump down.
Benson to GB would be kinda cool.....especially when you call your shot.... :banned:

Users who are viewing this thread