What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PDSL Stinkin Ref Discussion Thread.... (4 Viewers)

Nugget commented at the top of the new draft thread that he had a tee time....hopefully he is still able to check by phone or something.....

QB - Stafford, CassellRB - Bradshaw, Beanie, K.SmithWR - Jennings, MilesA,Decker, Randy MossTE - Tamme,OlsenK-D- Atlanta :popcorn:
Not a big fan, but maybe I should be as you always do well in these. Not a fan of Stafford in the first when Rivers/Romo are avialable in the 3rd. Cassell is almost a wasted pick. I wonder about Bradshaw's durability. Beanie worries me in this format with his lack of recpts and huge TD total from last year. Smith could turn out to be a great pick or a bunch or nothing. All of your WRs are hit and miss. Maybe OK in this format but I'll feel better about this group once you fill out the corps. Love the TEs and think you compete with this elite TEs with this tandem.
Thanks for the input Bass, certainly if I knew Rivers & Romo would be available at the bottom of round3 I would of made a different choice, but in WSL they were not and I prefer to have a rock solid guy. RE: Matt Cassell, could be wasted pick but I highly doubt a Tannehill or Weeden et. all comes in and displaces him. I fondly remember in one of my championship season having a combo of Rivers/Brady Quinn. Well Quinn scored a surprisingly high number of weeks for my squad. something like 4 or 5 that season. The goal after you grab your stud is just get a guy that has a job. Bradshaw and Beanie are not world beaters, but I tell you right now before the draft that their competition for carries is almost 0. Sure that could change, but Im willing to have the 65% guy on those 2 teams, and my cost was low. I always go light on my RBs particularly at RB2. Kevin Smith is THE guy to own in Detroit this year, Best is this close to never playing again and Leshoure misses 4 games plus is coming off a catastrophic injury. Kevin Smith will be on alot of my teams this FallI agree with my TE, I think Olsen is underrated and Tamme should have his old hoss throwing him the ball, the entire Bronco situation will make or break alot of teams this year. My WRs are solid, I feel that Jennings/Miles austin provide a very nice top2. especially with Lrob out of Dallas. Decker is another Bronco roll of the dice, and Randy moss as WR4 with something to prove.Again, like I said before a little higher risk than I normally like, But I'll bet on Peyton to prove Irsay wrong.
Excluding the bye week and assuming no Stafford injury, Cassel nets you 25 pts or less. You may not have had a choice as this format forces your hand compared to the SSLs. Good input/education on the RBs, something I'll store away.

QB - Stafford, CassellRB - Bradshaw, Beanie, K.SmithWR - Jennings, MilesA,Decker, Randy MossTE - Tamme,OlsenK-D- Atlanta :popcorn:
Not a big fan, but maybe I should be as you always do well in these. Not a fan of Stafford in the first when Rivers/Romo are avialable in the 3rd. Cassell is almost a wasted pick. I wonder about Bradshaw's durability. Beanie worries me in this format with his lack of recpts and huge TD total from last year. Smith could turn out to be a great pick or a bunch or nothing. All of your WRs are hit and miss. Maybe OK in this format but I'll feel better about this group once you fill out the corps. Love the TEs and think you compete with this elite TEs with this tandem.
Thanks for the input Bass, certainly if I knew Rivers & Romo would be available at the bottom of round3 I would of made a different choice, but in WSL they were not and I prefer to have a rock solid guy. RE: Matt Cassell, could be wasted pick but I highly doubt a Tannehill or Weeden et. all comes in and displaces him. I fondly remember in one of my championship season having a combo of Rivers/Brady Quinn. Well Quinn scored a surprisingly high number of weeks for my squad. something like 4 or 5 that season. The goal after you grab your stud is just get a guy that has a job. Bradshaw and Beanie are not world beaters, but I tell you right now before the draft that their competition for carries is almost 0. Sure that could change, but Im willing to have the 65% guy on those 2 teams, and my cost was low. I always go light on my RBs particularly at RB2. Kevin Smith is THE guy to own in Detroit this year, Best is this close to never playing again and Leshoure misses 4 games plus is coming off a catastrophic injury. Kevin Smith will be on alot of my teams this FallI agree with my TE, I think Olsen is underrated and Tamme should have his old hoss throwing him the ball, the entire Bronco situation will make or break alot of teams this year. My WRs are solid, I feel that Jennings/Miles austin provide a very nice top2. especially with Lrob out of Dallas. Decker is another Bronco roll of the dice, and Randy moss as WR4 with something to prove.Again, like I said before a little higher risk than I normally like, But I'll bet on Peyton to prove Irsay wrong.
Excluding the bye week and assuming no Stafford injury, Cassel nets you 25 pts or less. You may not have had a choice as this format forces your hand compared to the SSLs. Good input/education on the RBs, something I'll store away.
Truth be told, I really wanted Mathews to slide to me in round2, like he did in WSL. I think the Tolbert signing bumped him up peoples rankings, that and he was an absolute monster down the stretch last year. After I took Stafford it was 22 picks before another QB even went. Hindsight 20/20Again with the Detroit RB situation, Jahvid Best's family reportedly begged him to retire last year, thats twice now, once in college and once in the pro's that a concussion has ended his season. Mikel Leshoure got busted for weed two separate times in month and then to top it all off he missed his court date. He will get suspended and he's coming off a torn achilles tendon.

very interesting draft so far. Some one only has 2 WRs after 13 rounds. :unsure:
Hopefully those 2 play pretty well.
and jeter only has 3....would expect both of them to look that direction here at the turn with at least one of their picks...but with the PK run starting we'll see what happens....although Nugget already has one...2 teams with 1 QB2 teams will only have 1 DST5 teams with only 1 TE what I have been impressed with is that almost nothing is sliding further than it should and the deviations in ADP from the previous WSL's all seem appropriate and justified....lot of text book drafting going on and those that tried to mix it up a little (like me) are getting penalized a little by maybe not being able to recover like we thought we would... :wall:

QB Rivers 3.15

QB Flynn 7.15

Good value still on Rivers and Flynn I like to have a pretty good season. Lots of good stuff in Seattle. You need 2 even if you have a big stud

RB Mathews 2.2

RB Ingram 5.15

RB Starks 9.15

All of them should be starters. Still an area that needs addressing for sure but there is guys out there I like. One I was going to take now but PK was a need

WR Nicks 1.15

WR Colston 4.2

WR Little 8.2

WR Roberts 13.15

I like my top guys and think Colston is a steal. Little hopefully improves and Roberts starts. Thought I might be down low but maybe not as low as I thought

TE Gresham 6.2

TE Miller 11.15

Behind the guys with studs but I really like Gresham(he was another one of my players that went way higher in other PDSL) and love Zach Miller to rebound this year with Flynn there. I like him over quite a few guys and almost took him round 10 but the D run stopped me. Glad he dropped

D Pitt 10.2

D San Deigo 12.2

Solid D if not above average

PK Henery 14.2

I got one. Really wanted Crosby or Gostkowski as my prime guy though since my home dynasty league is PK friendly(most start 2 per wee) and those are the guys I own.

QB: Eli, Flacco

RB: Sproles, Turner, Hunter

WR: Megatron,, Malcom Floyd, Laurent Robinson, Jabar Gaffney, Danny Amendola

TE: Fred Davis, Heath Miller

DEF: NEP, TBB

PK: Bironas

I like this team a lot. Going to need a flier on RB to hit unless Sproles and Turner stay healthy all year (or Hunter takes a big chunk from Gore), but I feel like I'm going to have everything else covered fairly well. WR's aren't amazing, but Megatron + sheer numbers of starters should cover it nicely.

2/3rds done:

1.05 Drew Brees QB NO

9.05 Kevin Kolb QB AZ

6.12 BenJarvus Green-Ellis RB CIN

7.05 Isaac Redman RB PIT

10.12 Pierre Thomas RB NO

13.05 Mike Goodson RB OAK

14.12 Evan Royster RB WAS

First pick of second half of draft spent on Goodson. I swung and missed on him in some of these drafts a couple years ago (maybe it was last year) as I really liked what I saw when he was given the opportunity a couple times in CAR. Fast and runs hard. But he was buried behind the other two and then had some injuries. It has been confirmed that DMC has the lis franc thing which isn't a good thing. T Jones should not be the RB2 there and I think it is Goodson's job with Jones as a change of pace. With DMC having one of the worst possible injuries to have (depending on the severity/degree) and his inability to stay healthy, Goodson should see some work; if nothing else to decrease DMC's workload. Best case scenerio Goodson becomes the primary back if DMC injury lingers into the season or he gets hurt again. Royster-I guess most have handed the job there to Helu, but we'll see, both Shanahan's like Royster and he could see work in a RBBC with potential to be the starter. Think I'll be saying that a lot as I look at my RB's. I could see a scenerio at times during the season when I may have 5 "starters" or none. Plan was to go for quantity over quality here and that plan is in full effect. Think I was maybe the last to take a RB, but then the first to have 5 of them. :unsure:

3.05 Brandon Marshall WR CHI

4.12 Steve Johnson WR BUF

5.05 DeSean Jackson WR PHI

8.12 Darrius Heyward-Bey WR OAK

16.12 Plaxico Burress WR FA

After passing on WR for 8 rounds or so, happy to snag Plaxico as my 5th. He will sign somewhere and should contribute. Almost took him earlier so was very happy to see him still available in the late 16th.

2.12 Aaron Hernandez TE NE

He better stay healthy.

11.05 Green Bay DST

12.12 Kansas City DST

Decent

15.05 Garrett Hartley PK NOS

Think it is his job and one could argue the NOS PK job is one of the best to have with that offense, dome, etc. Think some passed on him worried aboutthe injury, Kasay, etc....but he is fully recovered and it's his job to lose. I don't think this was as much of a gamble as some and think I got a bargain here at PK12 . He could end the season as PK1.

Overall update: Added Goodson, Royster, Burress, and Hartley with last 4 picks. Really wanted Goodson, Burress, and Hartley...so pretty happy with the last few rounds.

Last edited by a moderator:
2 years in a row I have been burned by Hartley including really hurting me in SL`s last year. That is why I went the safer route with Henery(wanted other but gone) and than Succop as I feel they will not get hurt or loae job. PK keeps hurting me in these competitions when I get a big zero and get eliminated by a point or 2

'Stinkin Ref said:
2/3rds done:

1.05 Drew Brees QB NO

9.05 Kevin Kolb QB AZ

6.12 BenJarvus Green-Ellis RB CIN

7.05 Isaac Redman RB PIT

10.12 Pierre Thomas RB NO

13.05 Mike Goodson RB OAK

14.12 Evan Royster RB WAS

First pick of second half of draft spent on Goodson. I swung and missed on him in some of these drafts a couple years ago (maybe it was last year) as I really liked what I saw when he was given the opportunity a couple times in CAR. Fast and runs hard. But he was buried behind the other two and then had some injuries. It has been confirmed that DMC has the lis franc thing which isn't a good thing. T Jones should not be the RB2 there and I think it is Goodson's job with Jones as a change of pace. With DMC having one of the worst possible injuries to have (depending on the severity/degree) and his inability to stay healthy, Goodson should see some work; if nothing else to decrease DMC's workload. Best case scenerio Goodson becomes the primary back if DMC injury lingers into the season or he gets hurt again. Royster-I guess most have handed the job there to Helu, but we'll see, both Shanahan's like Royster and he could see work in a RBBC with potential to be the starter. Think I'll be saying that a lot as I look at my RB's. I could see a scenerio at times during the season when I may have 5 "starters" or none. Plan was to go for quantity over quality here and that plan is in full effect. Think I was maybe the last to take a RB, but then the first to have 5 of them. :unsure:

3.05 Brandon Marshall WR CHI

4.12 Steve Johnson WR BUF

5.05 DeSean Jackson WR PHI

8.12 Darrius Heyward-Bey WR OAK

16.12 Plaxico Burress WR FA

After passing on WR for 8 rounds or so, happy to snag Plaxico as my 5th. He will sign somewhere and should contribute. Almost took him earlier so was very happy to see him still available in the late 16th.

2.12 Aaron Hernandez TE NE

He better stay healthy.

11.05 Green Bay DST

12.12 Kansas City DST

Decent

15.05 Garrett Hartley PK NOS

Think it is his job and one could argue the NOS PK job is one of the best to have with that offense, dome, etc. Think some passed on him worried aboutthe injury, Kasay, etc....but he is fully recovered and it's his job to lose. I don't think this was as much of a gamble as some and think I got a bargain here at PK12 . He could end the season as PK1.

Overall update: Added Goodson, Royster, Burress, and Hartley with last 4 picks. Really wanted Goodson, Burress, and Hartley...so pretty happy with the last few rounds.
really surprised that you just took Benson when you already had four potential starting RBs

My team so far:

QB

4.16 Peyton Manning

6.16 Andy Dalton

9.01 Jake Locker

Veyr happy with the Manning/Dalton combo and thought both were good values. Regret the Locker pick. A luxery pick that I could not afford, in hindsight. Should have taken Jon Baldwin or a rookie RB.

RB

1.01 Arian Foster

7.01 Ben Tate

11.01 Donald Brown

Very thin. Not usually a fan of handcuffing, especially so early, but Tate proved he can have some big games even with limited touches. Brown stinks, but should start, early on at least.

WR

3.01 AJ Green

5.01 Jeremy Maclin

8.16 Titus Young

14.16 Kendall Wright

16.16 Rueben Randle

Way young here, but should be solid. Need the rooks to land in nice spots.

TE

2.12 Vernon Davis

10.12 Martellus Bennett

15.01 Lance Kendricks

Good be my strength, or I could just have 1 solid guy here. Kendricks another luxury pick. LaMichael James or Damien Williams would have been better choice for my team.

PK

17.01 Nick Folk

DEF

12.16 NO Saints

13.01 Tenn Titans

razorStephen: Benson- I really might not have any starters out of the original 5 by the the time the season comes along, and really not overally worried about them being "starters" so to speak, just want production of some sort weekly and try to post two scores; which I think I can get from all of those guys; Benson has gone for over 1,000 the last 3 years, just went through the teams and have these visions of somebody picking him up after being on the outside looking in after the draft and not having solidified their running game; somebody could sign him on the cheap and he could be a guy they just run into the ground for a year or so since there won't be any long term investment...in the 17th round he just seemed like too much potential value to pass up and possibly the BPA even though have I have needs elsewhere....with 6 on board it's no secret I'm probably done at RB and can focus elsewhere the rest of the draft...

landing spots?...maybe.?.:

ATL-pounder behind slowing Turner

BAL-replace Ricky

CLE-?

DAL-if they trade Felix

GB-why not

IND-?

MIN-how is ADP doing; RBBC with Gerhart for awhile

NYG-makes some sense actually

NE-BJGE goaline role?

OAK-probably not but if DMC's injury lingers

PIT-?

SD-what do they have behind Mathews-McClain 2nd on depth chart right now

SEA-lynch and what

STL-?

TBB-what happens in draft? Blount and Benson very similiar though

TEN-?

Nice list Ref but how many of those spots will be taken with a nice deep Rb class this year.

We already have 6 drafted and I see 4 more coming up soon.

I was just messing with the ref on his optimism in his comments. Benson was a nice pick as were most of his later round RBs, but just adding a little to jump start the banter.

Nice list Ref but how many of those spots will be taken with a nice deep Rb class this year. We already have 6 drafted and I see 4 more coming up soon.
no idea... and that list was just thinking out loud; but I bet it's not all....and if a team adds a rook, it doesn't neccessarily mean they will be ready to step in and see significant touches right away....anybody taking them in here is hoping they see a significant role, but outside of Richardson there really is no lock for significant carries.....could be lot of Jonathan Dwyers, Bilal Powells, etc in there too...some team will want the stability of a proven vet even if there isn't the rookie shine on it....10 rook RB could be taken in this draft and you can talk "more upside" all you want; but how many of those 10 will really crack a starting lineup in this format....

pace of draft has slowed a little.....hmmmm.....almost like the schedule is getting to be released or something.... :unsure:

pace of draft has slowed a little.....hmmmm.....almost like the schedule is getting to be released or something.... :unsure:
too little too late on that front. 18 rounds deep any schedule advantage will not matter
kinda disagree a little....we are at that point where we are filling out depth at RB/WR etc....so bye week coverage, having too many on the same bye week, etc could make a difference between picking one guy over another, etc...or say both your QB's or TE or PK have same bye weeks...it might force your hand a little...still 7 picks left for some...

C Palmer

C Ponder

W McGahee

M Bush

M Tolbert

A Johnson

D Bowe

K Britt

M Floyd (rk)

J Witten

T Moeaki

E Moore

C Barth

M Nugent

J Scobee

Broncos

Rams

Colts

All mashed potatoes and no meat for the past 6 rounds. Tripled up on K and D hopefully to alleviate some of my positional shortcomings. I figured those two positions have much greater odds of putting in a counting score at this point, may as well try to cash in.

Evan Moore was just a matter of positional scarcity.

Hmmm. Someone is going to have some PK issues this year. Glad I was not shut out on either position by Broadway

too little too late on that front. 18 rounds deep any schedule advantage will not matter
kinda disagree a little....we are at that point where we are filling out depth at RB/WR etc....so bye week coverage, having too many on the same bye week, etc could make a difference between picking one guy over another, etc...or say both your QB's or TE or PK have same bye weeks...it might force your hand a little...still 7 picks left for some...
I was the biggest offender on the slow up. Just got to me at bad times. Myself and anyone else who's already picked prior couldn't have manipulate this with a four hour clock.Usually I freeze the draft the day of the schedule release date, but we're pretty deep in the draft and with a four hour clock I didn't see a huge issue.

C PalmerC PonderW McGaheeM BushM TolbertA JohnsonD BoweK BrittM Floyd (rk)J WittenT MoeakiE MooreC BarthM NugentJ ScobeeBroncosRamsColtsAll mashed potatoes and no meat for the past 6 rounds. Tripled up on K and D hopefully to alleviate some of my positional shortcomings. I figured those two positions have much greater odds of putting in a counting score at this point, may as well try to cash in.Evan Moore was just a matter of positional scarcity.
I had intended to triple dip, but it didn't work out in this draft. Ds and Ks went quick and I had issues elsewhere. With 24 rds, I think this is a good stategy.

QB - Romo, Luck - Feel like I got excellent value with Romo in the late 3rd. I really don't see him being that far behind Newton or Stafford, definately not far enough to give up two rounds of value. If Vegas was posting odds on better fantasy season I'd take Romo before with the weight odds before Newton and Stafford. Luck will start and is a safe back up.

RB - Forte, Stewart, Wilson, Woodhead - A little concerned with the Forte pick with Bush in town. That said, he was dominate last year. Stweart seems to get the recpts in Carolina. Would have liked to pair him with DWill. Wilson...I don't know anything about him other than what Bloom posted. Bloom's pretty smart so I went with it. Woodhead in Belichick's toy. He'll get touches which was all I was looking for.

WR - Fitz, VJax, Boldin, Sanders, Royal - Want a pair of big game guys knowing we would be drafting 24 rds. Fitz and VJax fit the bill. Really not sure about the Boldin pick, just always liked the guy and think he has another decent year left. Sanders was all the rage last year in Pitt early. Hoping Wallace leaves, but I doubt that happens. Seemed like a decent WR4 in this format. Royal has had to deal with some crappy QBing and could see a resurgence in SD with Rivers. He could potentially be the best WR in SD

TE - Keller, Fleener, Dreesan - Quantity, not quality. Dreesan seems to find the endzone and Manning likes throwing to TEs. If he blocks better than Tamme, he might see alot of snaps with Manning neck. Hopefully Fleener lands somewhere good. I would love to see him in Carolina.

K - Kaeding, Cundiff - Worried about Cundiff not getting right after missing that chip shot last year.

D - Det, NYJ - Two decent ones.

I kind of feel like I'm avarage or above average at every position.

I had always thought it might be a cool idea to allow one trade in these things after it is over....allow like a 3 day window...then like 3 days after the draft is over....in reverse order starting with the 16 hole, owners can announce trades at a predetermined time (high noon 3 days later or something)...anything questionable could be put to league vote...you can only be involved in one trade...it could be multi team....but only one trade per team....so you might have to have a couple trades brewing in case 16 hole, etc screws you and goes another direction....all trade talk would have to be in an open thread for anyone to see....no private chat (honor system)....I respect all of your guys drafting ability and FF knowledge, but would also like to see some of your trade skills/strategies in action....

have no idea if that made sense...but thought it would be a cool wrinkle to add to the draft and done concept without really causing a bunch of changes....

have other thouhts but wife is calling me for dinner

sorry if dumbest idea evah..... :football: ..... :headbang:

I had always thought it might be a cool idea to allow one trade in these things after it is over....allow like a 3 day window...then like 3 days after the draft is over....in reverse order starting with the 16 hole, owners can announce trades at a predetermined time (high noon 3 days later or something)...anything questionable could be put to league vote...you can only be involved in one trade...it could be multi team....but only one trade per team....so you might have to have a couple trades brewing in case 16 hole, etc screws you and goes another direction....all trade talk would have to be in an open thread for anyone to see....no private chat (honor system)....I respect all of your guys drafting ability and FF knowledge, but would also like to see some of your trade skills/strategies in action....have no idea if that made sense...but thought it would be a cool wrinkle to add to the draft and done concept without really causing a bunch of changes....have other thouhts but wife is calling me for dinnersorry if dumbest idea evah..... :football: ..... :headbang:
we had a leaguewhere trading was allowed during the draft only and IIRC at least 1 trade was mandatory per owner

21.13 BroadwayG - Donald Driver WR109 GBP

21.14 BassNBrew - Chris Cooley TE40 WAS
I remember 2006 fondly. Flip phones, sub prime lending, Barry Bonds - the good old days.

very interesting draft so far. Some one only has 2 WRs after 13 rounds. :unsure:
Hopefully those 2 play pretty well.
Currently at 10 WR's. Not sure where I'll go in the 24th.7.04 Nugget - Pierre Garcon - WR35 - WAS

9.04 Nugget - Lance Moore - WR48 - NOS

14.13 Nugget - David Nelson - WR64 - BUF

15.04 Nugget - Damian Williams - WR67 - TEN

16.13 Nugget - Stephen Hill - WR72 - ROOK

18.13 Nugget - Deion Branch - WR86 - NEP

19.04 Nugget - Michael Jenkins - WR90 - MIN

20.13 Nugget - Josh Cribs - WR101 - CLE

21.04 Nugget - Tommy Streeter - WR104 - ROOK

22.13 Nugget - Devin Aromashodu - WR115 - MIN

Best ball is the key here - not sure I'd want to start any of them in a traditional start 2-3 WR league.

Basically my final team.

QB: Eli, Flacco

RB: Sproles, Turner, Hunter, Snelling, Taiwan Jones, Cyrus Green

WR: Megatron,, Malcom Floyd, Laurent Robinson, Jabar Gaffney, Danny Amendola, Jacoby Jones, Mohamed Massaquoi, Lavelle Hawkins

TE: Fred Davis, Heath Miller, Michael Hoomanawanu

DEF: NEP, TBB

PK: Bironas, Graham Gano

Thrilled with it, expected to take a bigger beat at various positions and ended up filling out nicely. WR's are mostly a pile of poop, but I have so many (after I take a 9th) after Calvin Johnson that I'd be surprised if I didn't end up with a reasonable score from WR's week to week. I'm with Nugget in that I wouldn't want to start almost any of these guys in a normal league, but in best ball I'm happy to have many of them.

one pick left....

1.05 Drew Brees QB2 NO (6)

9.05 Kevin Kolb QB28 AZ (10)

Hope Kolb keeps the job. Would have liked to have had a stronger QB2 but it never seemed worth it when I would have had to taken a "better" one. Would have drafted Skelton at some point but he went way before I wanted to pull the trigger. Also thought about adding a 3rd at some point but it never seemed like the way to go. I guess when you burn your first rounder on a QB you gotta roll with it. If Kolb is the man in AZ, this is actually a decent combo.

6.12 BenJarvus Green-Ellis RB27 CIN (8)

7.05 Isaac Redman RB31 PIT (4)

10.12 Pierre Thomas RB43 NO (6)

13.05 Mike Goodson RB52 OAK (5)

14.12 Evan Royster RB53 WAS (10)

17.05 Cedric Benson RB62 FA (?)

Discussed the Benson pick above. Just too good to pass on in the 17th (BPA I thought). If he lands somewhere he could drastically outperform his draft postion of RB62. Bye weeks were very kind to me here. I should be able to get 2 decent scores here I think. A lot hinges on law firm and Redman. I like where I was able to get the last 4.

3.05 Brandon Marshall WR11 CHI (6)

4.12 Steve Johnson WR23 BUF (8)

5.05 DeSean Jackson WR26 PHI (7)

8.12 Darrius Heyward-Bey WR43 OAK (5)

16.12 Plaxico Burress WR71 FA (?)

21.05 Kevin Walter WR105 HOU (8)

22.12 Chaz Schilens WR114 NYJ (9)

104 WR's were gone and and I was able to get what are as of right now considered the WR2 on their respective teams. That may change, but Walter and Schilens seem like some serious value right now in rounds 21-22 and add some nice depth to this group. Again, the bye weeks couldn't have turned out much better. Decent group here.

2.12 Aaron Hernandez TE4 NE (9)

19.05 Kevin Boss TE37 KC (7)

20.12 Ben Watson TE 39 CLE (10)

23.05 Visanthe Shiancoe TE44 (?)

This definately was not the plan. Waited a long time to snag a second one and the pickens were getting slim. Sacrificed at TE2 and then decided to try to back it up with quantity. KC will run some two TE sets. Watson is still considered the starter even though Moore will probably start getting more time. The Shiancoe pick was really just because I wasn't crazy about anything else at any other position at that point and at 2 PPR thought adding another TE here that could maybe post a number a few times was worth more than another WR or RB. Have heard some things about Shiancoe signing in SEA which I think would be solid. Like his size and think he could be a good addition to somebody after the draft. Can't believe I drafted 4 TE's.

11.05 Green Bay DST8 (10)

12.12 Kansas City DST22 (7)

15.05 Garrett Hartley PK12 NOS (6)

18.12 Adam Vinierti PK31 IND (4)

Whew....really thought I was going miss out on my second kicker. And I didn't want Mare who I think I may have made a mistake on drafting in WSL. Was able to add Burress and Benson in 16-17 and still get two get PK's. Two domers.

Overall update: One pick left, QB2 could be trouble, but happy with the rest, and not sure the bye week thing could have worked out any better. Not that that really means much, but it's still nice to not have to worry about it. Got a player I hope makes it back to me lined up for round 24.

QB Rivers 3.15

QB Flynn 7.15

QB Skelton

Good value still on Rivers and Flynn I like to have a pretty good season. Lots of good stuff in Seattle. You need 2 even if you have a big stud. Skelton played quite a bit last year and I can see it again. Tbought about backing up one of my other 2 but only one other team drafted 4 QB and took a chance elsewhere as I can see getting use out of Skelton

RB Mathews 2.2

RB Ingram 5.15

RB Starks 9.15

RB Lamicheal James

RB Powell

RB Kuhn

Got 3 starters as of now. Very solid with those top 3. I still like Powell and think he could surprise this year. I like James because it is PPR and he should get some catches. Kuhn was hoping to get the GB ground TD's for week in and out. Nice handcuff for this format

WR Nicks 1.15

WR Colston 4.2

WR Little 8.2

WR Roberts 13.15

WR Steve Smith SL

WR Hartline

WR Clyde Gates

WR Brian Quick

I like my top guys and think Colston is a steal. Little hopefully improves and Roberts starts. Smith could be a nice guy(would have loved to add Alexander to him also). I get hopefully one Miami WR that takes Marshall targets. Gates again in this format is a nice risk guy when you already have Hartline. Quick is probably a wasted pick. I really wanted Crinor who went 2 picks in front of me. Overall this might be my weakest position but there is some hope

TE Gresham 6.2

TE Miller 11.15

TE Housler

Behind the guys with studs but I really like Gresham(he was another one of my players that went way higher in other PDSL) and love Zach Miller to rebound this year with Flynn there. I like him over quite a few guys and almost took him round 10 but the D run stopped me. Glad he dropped. I love HOusler and went into this draft thinking he would be my #3 TE from the get go. I expect him to really improve in year 2.

D Pitt 10.2

D San Deigo 12.2

Solid D if not above average

PK Henery 14.2

PK Succop

I got 2 young starters. KC is an improving team and Philly is one of the better O's in the league. Neither will lose there job.

Almost went 3 PK with a risk pick but my WR crew did not dictate. I wish I would have and will follow doing it. Wont name the guy but will after the draft.

This looks like solid team throughout. Against the other WSL, I got lots of value. Solid at QB, RB, 2 nice top WR and than a bunch that hopefully can put up score, solid TE crew and good ST. I like it but others will probably hate. See how it goes. I have had some success but not last year. I had one really good team but PK did me in. Hopefully not this year.

QB - Stafford, Cassell, S. Hill

RB - Bradshaw, Beanie, K.Smith, McKnight, DJ Ware. R. Turbin

WR - Jennings, MilesA,Decker, Randy Moss, A.Jeffery, Breaston, Kerley, R.Cooper

TE - Tamme,Olsen, D. Allen

K- SeaBass, J.Brown

D- Atlanta, Carolina

C Palmer, C Ponder, J Webb

Should have just taken a QB in round 3 instead of gambling on the long wait. There was nothing of value left in round 5, and even less if I had waited longer. I am left with next to nil on the excitement meter here.

W McGahee, M Bush, M Tolbert, M Hardesty, R Grant

I am apparently way more excited about McGahee with Manning than I should be. We'll see how these guys fare. Four of them have at least excelled while being a feature guy at some point in their careers. Two of them just happen to be older than dirt. Planned to be well below average here and it shows.

A Johnson, D Bowe, K Britt, M Floyd (rk), D Driver, A Hawkins, C Givens (rk)

Laying it all on the line with the top three here. Picked up Floyd as a lottery ticket, and Driver as someone who can hopefully stick a consistent 2/20 stat line up. No depth, but potential for monster weeks from 3 guys. Unfortunately everyone seemed to punt WR and just take a dozen of them to make up for it. That left me feeling the draft played me instead of vicey versey. I couldn't spot the n00b after 10 rounds, so I guess I know what I am.

J Witten, T Moeaki, E Moore

I usually wait on TEs in this thing and decided to get a 'stud' to change things up. We'll see how Moeaki recovers from injury to supplement Witten.

C Barth, M Nugent, J Scobee

Broncos, Rams, Colts

:unsure:

Final Roster:

1.05 Drew Brees QB2 NO (6)

9.05 Kevin Kolb QB28 AZ (10)

6.12 BenJarvus Green-Ellis RB27 CIN (8)

7.05 Isaac Redman RB31 PIT (4)

10.12 Pierre Thomas RB43 NO (6)

13.05 Mike Goodson RB52 OAK (5)

14.12 Evan Royster RB53 WAS (10)

17.05 Cedric Benson RB62 FA (?)

3.05 Brandon Marshall WR11 CHI (6)

4.12 Steve Johnson WR23 BUF (8)

5.05 DeSean Jackson WR26 PHI (7)

8.12 Darrius Heyward-Bey WR43 OAK (5)

16.12 Plaxico Burress WR71 FA (?)

21.05 Kevin Walter WR105 HOU (8)

22.12 Chaz Schilens WR114 NYJ (9)

24.12 Ramses Barden WR NYG (11)

2.12 Aaron Hernandez TE4 NE (9)

19.05 Kevin Boss TE37 KC (7)

20.12 Ben Watson TE 39 CLE (10)

23.05 Visanthe Shiancoe TE44 (?)

15.05 Garrett Hartley PK12 NOS (6)

18.12 Adam Vinierti PK31 IND (4)

11.05 Green Bay DST8 (10)

12.12 Kansas City DST22 (7)

With the last pick I swung for the fences on Barden. He is 6'6" 227. As it stands now it looks like it will be a competetion between him and Jernigan for the WR3 unless they bring someone else in. That spot has some value in fantasy. Let's say he gets it, could be a great pick. Even if he doesn't and Jernigan wins it, then he is one injury away from potentially a productive role. He is in the final year of his contract so he has some motivation to step up as he will be looking at free agency next year and maybe his best shot at another decent contract. Opportunity and motivation=good combo.

Final Thoughts:

I have a top QB and TE.

I could also make a case for Marshall being a top WR. As it is, I would put my WR's up against any other group in this draft. Broadway G started out strong with his top 3 but then followed that up with questionable depth IMO. There are a couple other nice units, but pound for pound I'd take mine. Burress finding a nice home could even make it better.

With not taking a RB until round 6 I am happy with the group. It was going to be quantity over quality all the way, but with each pick I really wanted to get guys that would probably contribute a little every week no matter what with the opportunity to assume larger roles if the situation presented itself. Not sure if it will work out, but as far implementing my strategy, I thought I killed it. Benson will land somewhere and it could be huge for this group as RB62.

I backed up a weak spot at TE2 with some bodies. Should have used one of those picks maybe on another QB or a backup of one of my current guys (Daniels/Skelton). If I had to do it all over again I MIGHT not take Boss where I did and go with a QB of some sort and then still take the other two TE's I took. QB2 and no QB3 could be the biggest weakness with RB next.

The DST/PK run started in round 10 and lasted through round 18. I waited a little bit on each and gambled. But in that span I was able to get 2 of each while also adding Thomas, Goodson, Royster, Benson and Plaxico. We'll see if they pan out enough to make that pay off. I also have yet to draft a rookie in either the WSL's or the PDSL's.

Really enjoyed the draft. Would love to see some more discussion in here so hopefully everybody doesn't take off. Would be happy to give my two cents on some of your teams. It really helps if you kind of put them in the form like I did here in mine, because I don't just like to see the finished product, I like to see how you got there and maybe who you passed on, etc.

Good luck to all.....so when do we get to start the next one...?.... :banned:

QB

Robert Griffin III

Alex Smith

Josh Johnson

Between my pick of Griffin and the next round pick Smith ,Bradford ,Ponder ,Flynn & Luck went. I would have been happy with Bradford as my 2 or Luck. Maybe should have swung for fences with Locker over Smith

RB

Marshawn Lynch

Trent Richardson

Shane Vereen

Alex Green

Isaiah Pead

Da’Rel Scott

Baron Batch

I like Lynch to continue his success .Trent has to land in a good situation for the spot I took him. I think definitely one of Vereen & Green will emerge as a very good 3rd back. Pead ,Scott & Batch are shots in the dark . Looking at my roster I wish I passed on Batch and gambled on Weeden or another WR

WR

Antonio Brown

Reggie Wayne

Michael Crabtree

Jon Baldwin

Doug Baldwin

Mike Thomas

Jerrel Jernigan

Love Antonio but not happy with him as my one. Very happy with Wayne , I think he's undervalued . I hate Crabtree , hindsight I should've went with Torrey Smith or D. Moore there. The Baldwins , I think I like Jon a lot more than most here at FBG and Doug at WR 60 could be a steal. Hopefully Thomas learns & rebounds from last season and Jernigan seizes the opportunity he has .

TE

Jimmy Graham

Dennis Pitta

James Casey

Niles Paul

A stud backed up some guys thrown up against the wall hoping that one will stick

K

Matt Bryant

:tumbleweed:

Caught with my pants down here.

D/ST

Houston Texans

Arizona Cardinals

Two Ds that I'm very happy with

This team is just a hot mess .Not happy at all , a lot of missteps along the way . QB & WR are major Qs

1.08 HellToupee - Jimmy Graham - TE2 - NOS

2.09 HellToupee - Marshawn Lynch - RB10 - SEA

3.08 HellToupee - Trent Richardson - RB15 - ROOK

4.09 HellToupee - Antonio Brown - WR22 - PIT

5.08 HellToupee - Reggie Wayne - WR28 - IND

6.09 HellToupee - Michael Crabtree - WR32 - SFO

7.08 HellToupee - Robert Griffin - QB20 - ROOK

8.09 HellToupee - Alex Smith - QB25 - SFO

9.08 HellToupee - Jon Baldwin - WR50 - KCC

10.09 HellToupee - Houston Texans DST - DST5 - HOU

11.08 HellToupee - Shane Vereen - RB46 - NEP

12.09 HellToupee - Arizona Cardinals DST - DST20 - ARZ

13.08 HellToupee - Doug Baldwin - WR60 - SEA

14.09 HellToupee - Dennis Pitta - TE30 - BAL

15.08 HellToupee - Matt Bryant - PK14 - ATL

16.09 HellToupee - Alex Green - RB59 - GBP

17.08 HellToupee - Mike Thomas - WR76 - JAX

18.09 HellToupee - Josh Johnson - QB35 - SFO

19.08 HellToupee - Isaiah Pead - RB67 - ROOK

20.09 HellToupee - Jerrel Jerrigan - WR98 - NYG

21.08 HellToupee - Da’Rel Scott - RB79 - NYG

22.09 HellToupee - James Casey - TE42 - HOU

23.08 HellToupee - Baron Batch - RB86 - PIT

24.09 HellToupee - Niles Paul - TE48 - WAS

3.04 Nugget - Michael Vick - QB7 - PHI

5.04 Nugget - Jay Cutler - QB13 - CHI

23.04 Nugget - Brady Quinn - QB43 - KCC

Vick is an explosive player - but very high variance. He could completely bomb a couple games and is an increased injury risj due to style of play. Jay Cutler is another high variance player - between the two I should have many high scoring weeks. By taking Cutler, I committed to WRBC. Also taking of QB2 ealry helped push the QB run forward.

1.04 Nugget - Ray Rice - RB2 - BAL

4.13 Nugget - Reggie Bush - RB18 - MIA

6.13 Nugget - LeGarrette Blount - RB28 - TBB

8.13 Nugget - Daniel Thomas - RB37 - MIA

Rice at 4 was easy - pre draft thought I would go Rodgers here. I liked Reggie a lot in this format and felt I could pair with Daniel Thomas in the 8th or 9th to lock up MIA backfield. Don't like the Blount pick here - I was torn between a couple runners and went in a direction I don't like. Should have drefted Spiller here, or Isaac Redman.

7.04 Nugget - Pierre Garcon - WR35 - WAS

QB70 won't score, RB70 may score, TE70 won't make the field, but WR70 will score around 100 points. You can make up points at WR that you can't at other places. Was torn between 10-12 total WRs - went with 10 as I liked the idea of TE3 and QB3 better than WR11.

2.13 Nugget - Antonio Gates - TE5 - SDC

12.13 Nugget - Marcedes Lewis - TE27 - JAX

24.13 Nugget - Randy McMichael - TE47 - SDC

Gates in the 2nd- with VJAX and Tolbert gone, Gates production can go up in the passing game and the red zone. So many new targets, Rivers will look to his longtime scoring weapon early and often. Backed up in the 24th due to the foot injuries. Marcedes was drafted as top 10 pick last season - TE27 feels like a steal. The JAX passing game will improve and the TD's will return for Marcedes.

10.13 Nugget - Baltimore Ravens DST - DST6 - BAL

11.04 Nugget - Philadelphia Eagles DST - DST7 - PHI

2 ballhawking defenses. Should score with the best of them.

13.04 Nugget - Mason Crosby - PK1 - GBP

17.04 Nugget - Phil Dawson - PK28 - CLE

Stud Kicker theory. I love Dawson at PK28 as he was franchised by the browns and I don't see a lot of red zone TD's in CLE this year.

Overall, pretty happy. Would have liked to see a couple more WR's fall but as I waited so long I can't be too picky.

QB - Stafford, Cassell, S. Hill

Went with Stafford in round1, the dude had over 5k yard passing. Did a late round handcuff on him of Shaun Hill. Cassell should keep his job, even if they draft a Tannehill/Weeden type.

RB - Bradshaw, Beanie, K.Smith, McKnight, DJ Ware. R. Turbin

Now that Jacobs is gone, I expect Bradshaw to get the lions share of carries. The NYG MO is to spend late picks on RBs and groom them, snagged DJWare late as I think he will be first off the bench to get carries and the next to step in and start if Bradshaw gets dinged. Beanie had a good season, sure in PPR his no catches are an issue. My feelings on Kevin Smith has been coverd. With no Tomlinson I think McKnight gets more looks and turbin is a late round lotto ticket. Lets see where he goes.

WR - Jennings, MilesA,Decker, Randy Moss, A.Jeffery, Breaston, Kerley, R.Cooper

Top 3 of jennings/miles austin and Decker should place me at the top of the scoring. And just in case Randy Moss actually plays he is sitting as my WR4. Jeffery is a rookie who should go no later than round2 and could make an impact. He has worked his tail off for the combine after much was said about him being fat etc. Breaston is a just a solid guy and Kerley is a slot/ potential #2 WR in NYJ. Cooper is a late round long-hair that had a few decent games last year. Overall I like this group and Decker’s value will continue to climb until August.

TE - Tamme,Olsen, D. Allen

Jacob Tamme is a risk, but I think Peyton will hit him plenty. And in case he dont, I expect Greg Olsen to get plenty of chances in Carolina. Like my approach here of snaggin 2 guys to get 1 good score. Dwayne Allen was ranked as #1 TE by some pre-combine, I expect him to be the #2 TE off the board in the draft.

K- SeaBass, J.Brown

D- Atlanta, Carolina

K/D – 2 of each and no bye week issues.

Overall I expect my WR core with Stafford and a good TE platoon to carry me far, with the RB play deciding if I can win the thing or not.

7.04 Nugget - Pierre Garcon - WR35 - WAS

Sorry nugget, I dont think the quantity will make up for the quality here.

Another fun draft - As I say every year, these Survivor drafts have become the most fun I have playing FF. I'm kinda tired of trade negotiating and running a good number of teams but, this Draft-And-Go Vs this level of play and format while drafting thru each stage of the NFL offseason I love!!!!

Heading into this draft, like most of us I was looking for a top QB. Many of us who prefer to wait on QBs got Bit in the ### hard last year!!!!!

So, yeah, I wanted a top QB but, I personaly drew my 1st round line at Rodgers and Brady - Even Brees has to make people think twice at this juncture with all the NO stuff...

6.07 Reaper - Josh Freeman - QB16 - TBB

7.10 Reaper - Sam Bradford - QB21 - STL

Looks like my QB tier hits a speed bump at QB15 and with Palmer gone, I wind up wishing I had a little beter QB1 and then I missed out on Fitz for QB2 but, this could work. Not totally pleased with this combo.

But, i still think that while the QB frenzy is ON.. In this format you still have to invest in 2 good starters fairly early and the BEST PLAY format allows you to catch up a little to the top tier QB studs if you hit it right.

With my top QB's off the board I was pretty pleased to have MJD available and while another trend lately is to wait on RB's, when I look around at some squads I think I'd personally still like to have some more security at RB.

1.10 Reaper - Maurice Jones-Drew - RB4 - JAX

5.10 Reaper - Roy Helu - RB20 - WAS

9.10 Reaper - Lamar Miller - RB38 - ROOK

10.07 Reaper - Felix Jones - RB41 - DAL

15.10 Reaper - Rashad Jennings - RB55 - JAX

22.07 Reaper - Javon Ringer - RB83 - TEN

23.10 Reaper - Ronnie Brown - RB88 - UFA

Round 5 presented me with a tough decision ROY HELU?????? Jeez, Do I really want a Shanny RB in April? At RB20, I really don't love any of the next 10 RB's drafted or even all of them drafted Right before Helu.... Maybe some others can shine a light on Helu a little more - I probably won't be putting a lot more eggs in his basket.

I really enjoy getting top rookie RB's right before the draft and watching / hoping they land in good spots - I was shooting for 2 of the "top 4" rookies in rounds 9/10 and wound up with just the 1.

FELIX JONES presented another tough one for me - Looking back, I might take Martellus Bennet who I foolishly thought would slip another round.

Overall, I think this RB core has a ton of potential - I liked the Jennings handcuff and feel quite anchored at RB1. RB 2 should be covered with Helu/Miller/Jones pretty well.

As a Jets fan, I'm not sold on Powell, Mcknight or heck even Greene.... Ronnie Brown knows the offense and is an obvious fit that the Jets already explored.

2.07 Reaper - Roddy White - WR7 - ATL

3.10 Reaper - Mike Wallace - WR13 - PIT

8.07 Reaper - Robert Meachem - WR42 - SDC

12.07 Reaper - Earl Bennett - WR57 - CHI

17.10 Reaper - Golden Tate - WR78 - SEA

19.10 Reaper - Adrian Arrington - WR92 - NOS

20.07 Reaper - Preston Parker - WR96 - TBB

21.10 Reaper - Lee Evans - WR107 - BAL

24.07 Reaper - Stephen Williams - WR126 - ARZ

I bounce back and forth with this group - As a Group I like it a lot - Individually, Roddy White and Mike Wallace both present questions and WR2's on their heels that present value later on... Yet, once again, looking back I like the value of where I got them. Maybe I could go QB over Wallace and wind up with Romo as QB 1 Which would ironically leave me Antonio Brown at WR2... Now that I mention that hmmmmmmmmm.

Similar thing with Roddy White - If I get the TE I wanted there I woind up with V Davis / Julio Jones OR Pettigrew / Roddy White

Very Interesting a key part of my draft could be:

Julio Jones / V Davis VS Roddy White / Pettigrew

I don't think I lost too much value at TE here with Pettigrew.

Wallace / Freeman VS A Brown / Romo

A Wallace hold out can kill me. This one I might do differently.

THOUGHTS?

4.07 Reaper - Brandon Pettigrew - TE8 - DET

14.07 Reaper - Anthony Fasano - TE29 - MIA

Not bad - I still feel like I want more here - M Bennet would have made me happier I suppose but, IMO Fasano can also surprise and contribute.

16.07 Reaper - Dan Carpenter - PK22 - MIA

18.07 Reaper - Ryan Longwell - PK30 - MIN

11.10 Reaper - Buffalo Bills DST - DST11 - BUF

13.10 Reaper - Miami Dolphins DST - DST29 - MIA

QB 1– Tom Brady NEP 1.9

QB2 – Chad Henne JAX 19.9

I like having a top QB for these Survivor Drafts for a couple of reasons. The first is that they are some of the few players that are capable of scoring so high that they can practically advance your team single-handedly and also their scoring is also consistently above average. The QBs are also not injured as often as other positions, so you can gamble with a short bench. I believe that Tom Brady and the Patriots will continue their primary focus on the passing game in 2012 and that he can be a candidate for the top QB. I also think that he has more chance to be in the top five than almost anyone. Similar to the Stinkin Ref, I found it difficult to pull the trigger twice to grab a second QB. The depth of sure things at the position seems much less this year and I almost wound up going solo with only Brady. At 19.19, Henne appeared to me to be a good choice as I watched more than a couple of games last year where Blaine Gabbert reminded me more of a turtle than an NFL QB and I can see Henne winning that job.

RB1 – Darren McFadden OAK 2.8

RB2 – Doug Martin Rookie 8.8

RB3 – Rashard Mendenhall PIT 11.9

RB4 – Ryan Williams ARZ 15.9

RB5 – Joseph Addai FA 21.9

RB6 – Bernard Pierce Rookie 23.9

RB is a difficult position to strategize. Each year, the NFL values the position less and less and that devaluation makes it more difficult to rank the position high relative to WRs, TEs, and QBs. I planned to look closely at each of those three positions on each pick from rounds two through 10 and select the player regardless of position that I saw as the best value. I really like McFadden (when healthy) as he can dominate defenses both on the ground and catching passes. After I selected him as the ninth RB, my value comparison made it difficult to select that second RB, knowing that we need four scorers from the WR and TE positions. Gore, S. Jackson, and Richardson would have been tempting in the third round, but were all gone before my next pick. I like the value of all the rest of my RBs and think that there is enough talent there to give this team a shot. It is always risky with rookies, but I really like Martin’s talent and think that Pierce can be a committee RB with a good shot at being a goal line back.

WR1 – Jordy Nelson GBP 3.9 68 catches 1263 yds 15 TDs

WR2 – Steve Smith CAR 4.8 79 catches 1394 yds 7 TDs

WR3 – Santonio Holmes NYJ 5.9 51 catches 654 yds 8 TDs

WR4 – Austin Collie IND 9.9 54 catches 514 yds 1 TD

WR5 – Leonard Hankerson WSH 17.9

WR6 – Early Doucet ARZ 18.8 54 catches 689 yds 5 TDs

WR7 – Greg Salas STL 20.8 27 catches 264 yds 0 TDs (six games)

WR8 – Greg Childs Rookie 24.8

My normal philosophy on ppr best ball leagues is that you need quality at the top of your WR roster and you need depth to overcome the week to week fluctuations as even the top WRs have several down weeks scattered throughout the season. I considered several for my first WR pick at 3.9 and went with Nelson, just barely ahead of Julio Jones. Each of these two promise not just a lot of catches, but those big 2 TD games which are great to have with best ball. I watched the draft unfold closely after this pick and was distressed as the focus stayed on the WR position, with eight being taken after my 3.9 and before my 4.8 where I grabbed Steve Smith, who was an easy choice for me at WR 21. I will be really disappointed if he does not rank ahead of several taken before him in this draft. I might have taken Finley or Pettigrew, but they went at 4.1 & 4.7. I really like Smith to approach his 2011 numbers though. For my next selection, I again looked closer at RB and TE, but the TEs that I ranked higher continued to be taken slightly ahead of me. I really thought that I was going to get Reggie Wayne, but Helltoupee nabbed him at 5.8 and I settled for Holmes at 5.9. The best thing about Holmes is that he does have the speed to get open deep and is capable of having those long TD catches that spike the score. He is certainly capable of more production than he provides and he has been a distraction for the Jets. Following my two TE choices, I was happy to nab Collie at WR 51. I think that Collie and Wayne will have great bounce back years with Luck as the Colt QB.

TE1 – Owen Daniels HOU 6.8

TE2 – Kellen Winslow TB 7.9

TE3 – Orson Charles Rookie 22.8

I had been looking at TEs for a couple of rounds, but my targets kept going ahead of me. I felt lucky to grab Daniels at TE 14. I must be in the minority, but I see Daniels as a top ten candidate. Since I had waited so long to get one, I continued to monitor the position and went back to back with Winslow next. I like the pairing of Daniels and Winslow, but the choice at 7.9 caused me to miss out on Bradford, Flynn and Luck, the QBs that I was looking at for my number two. Once Luck was gone, I knew that I was going to wait late to get the back-up QB in what was probably not the best idea.

PK1 – Shaun Suisham PIT 14.8

PK2 – Jay Feely ARZ 16.8

Not thrilled with my two kickers. I am not a kicker specialist by any means and I wanted to have two minimum and I achieved that, but will find my squad likely underperforming here.

DST1 – New York Giants 10.8

DST2 – Seattle Seahawks 12.8

DST3 – Cleveland Browns 13.9

Definitely think that the expanded draft rewards the teams that go with three defenses. The DST scoring is so influenced by the special team TDs and having three just helps out with the randomness of the scoring. My only pick from rounds ten through sixteen that was not for a PK or DST was Rashard Mendenhall, who will likely not play in the first part of the season, but will reward the team down the stretch if they remain in the hunt.

Users who are viewing this thread